INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.222  (Read 8876 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.222
« on: April 30, 2007, 02:46:19 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to JRiver Media Center, please download the most recent public build here:
www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html
A partial list of features new in MC12 is here.

The latest development build of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120222.exe

12.0.222 (4/26/07)

1. Fixed: Vista should show as Vista in system info.  (Some additional processors added.)
2. Fixed: Turning the equalizer on/off would fire the event before the state was saved in the registry.
3. Fixed: Volume Change events for Automation were not firing (for the last few versions of MC).
4. Fixed: EQ band changes made by Media Center were not visible to MJ automation.
5. Changed: Improved how the handheld device enumeration handles cases where a device is added or removed during enumeration.
6. Fixed: Some smartlists would not refresh properly. (introduced in build 221)
7. Changed: Removed font anti-alias reduction for Theater View fonts -- made fonts look jaggier on properly configured displays.

12.0.221 (4/25/07)

1. Changed: Theater View's looped selection timer no longer prevents optional arrow navigation.
2. NEW: DirectShow filters will no longer be allowed to show a message box during import / thumbnailing.
3. NEW: Video thumbnailing works with more types of videos.
4. Fixed: Smartlist Editor not handling special characters correctly.
5. Fixed: Smartlist Editor width growing every time it's opened.
6. Changed: MC turns Haali Media Splitter's message box off when MC starts, and sets it back to original setting when MC exits.
7. NEW: Added "Automatic" option to remote control anti-repeat feature.
8. Fixed: Changing the search field in Theater View wouldn't update the screen right away.
9. Changed: Theater View Weather plugin doesn't change the color or background image when switching selection. (size is the selection marker)
10. NEW: Text in Theater View has a subtle drop-shadow for increased definition.
11. Fixed: Smartlist Editor wasn't updating the list fields correctly when switching between libraries.
12. NEW: Added Radio365 to featured website (Audio Web Media)
13. Fixed: DVDs were not respecting the "Use on-line lookup" setting.
14. Fixed: DVDs were having fields overwritten when looking up online failed.
15. Changed: Theater View fonts will reduce the effects of font smoothing -- makes fonts look thinner but doesn't fully honor how Windows would draw.

12.0.220 (4/24/07)

1. Fixed: Theater View search keyboard accepts the space key.
2. Changed: A root view scheme (audio, images, etc.) can be drag-n-dropped to make a copy of it to a child view scheme.
3. Fixed: When moving Theater View items to show up and down in options, the selection could scroll off the screen.
4. Changed: Theater View RSS plugin doesn't change the color or background image when switching selection. (size is the selection marker)
5. Fixed: Theater View sounds were not working for skins that used sounds from a base skin.
6. Changed: Removed duplicated player controls from "Advanced..." button in Theater View's Playing Now.
7. Fixed: Theater View scrollbars were not clickable with the mouse.
8. NEW: Theater View RSS and Weather plugins adapt their sizing in-step with the main Theater View size.
9. Fixed: The YADB DVD Lookup was popping up when a DVD wasn't found, and it shouldn't have.
10. Fixed: Theater View titlebar wasn't honoring the overscan setting with some skins.
11. NEW: When browsing "My Computer" from inside of Drives & Devices, files will be gathered in a background thread so the program never gets blocked and you can instantly switch to a different folder or view.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 12.0.222
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 02:50:05 pm »

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:48:52 pm »

I have two libraries I use on my laptop, the first is utilizing the music folder on my laptop for when I am portable. The second library is utilizing my network folders at home.

Media Center does not update the folders per library in the Import settings. Instead it requires the user to manually change the folder settings whenever changing libraries. Can MC be fixed to remember which folders go with each library?
. . . the game is rigged

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 11:09:30 pm »

I think that is the big reason that confused me before.  I always load a library from the server on my desktop computers and the import folders had to be entered manually.  I don't think they are even stored in the database.  I personally think as many settings in MC should be stored in the database and not some internal storage mechanism (such as the registry).  That takes control from the user and gives it to the main hard drive (no matter what).

A minor note: the tempo DSP plugin does not remember the state when restarting MC.  Most people don't want it to because it's more of a temporary laugh, but it probably should.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:56:09 pm »

Dialog boxes in Theater View are still not honouring size setting. Thanks for the changes to RSS and Weather though.

C.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:06:40 am »

Can the pop-up balloon notifications and info balloons, track info tooltips, etc
be made NOT to pop-up under the cursor?
It interferes with scrolling and tagging.
. . . the game is rigged

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 10:45:08 am »

Can the pop-up balloon notifications and info balloons, track info tooltips, etc
be made NOT to pop-up under the cursor?
It interferes with scrolling and tagging

Tools > Options > Tree & View > (Under "List") Show Track Info Tooltips
Does this do what you're after?

C.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 11:51:49 am »

If I go into Visualization Studio via Theater View, Theater View becomes completely unresponsive, and the only way to do anything seems to be to exit Theater View via a Ctrl-1 shortcut or by right-clicking the tray icon.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 02:25:40 pm »

When media center is being run is ReadOnly mode, e.g. when another instance has the right to write to the library, Auto Downloads of podcasts should be disabled by default. As things are now, unless this is manually reset each time when running MC, multiple instances of MC will try to download the same podcast.

Alternatively, maybe this setting could be linked to the versions of MC installed on individual PCs so that only one was set up to download podcasts.

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 03:18:11 am »

The last few betas of MC12 update the id3 tags of mp3 files when the cover art is altered, even if set not to. I have the current settings in Tools > Options:

File Location > Track Images Location > Store images in tags also - (unticked)
General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes - (unticked)
Library & Folders > Standard Library Fields > Image File (edit) > Data > Store in file tags (when possible) - (unticked)

This change occurred somewhere between 12.0.198 and 12.0.207.

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 04:43:00 am »

any word on my previous iPod issues? about it not recognising

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 11:30:18 am »

Tools > Options > Tree & View > (Under "List") Show Track Info Tooltips
Does this do what you're after?

C.

Nope . . . . I do not wish to turn off the popups, just have them behaive more politely  ;)
. . . the game is rigged

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 06:30:16 pm »

As of this build, thumbnailing appears to have gone nuts  :(
If I have any files in my library which haven't been thumbnailed, on launching MC, 4 JRThumb.exe processes are spawned, and these use 100% of the available CPU (C2Duo 6320) for 2- 3 mins, leaving the PC totally unresponsive. Everything appears to work after this, but no thumbnails are being generated.

Auto-resume is also still stuck- VRM7 reduces the frequency of it sticking, but doesn't eliminate it. Using the Windows Media engine fixes the problem, but sometimes causes other problems (Notably playing some HD files & odder MKVs)

Please, someone?

-Leezer-

pqcgebxm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:29 pm »

Hi,

I first noticed this behaviour several versions ago, and it's still occurring in .222 --

I often browse the "PublicRadioFan" site from within MC's Web Media. Whenever I click on an OGG stream, MC crashes and throws up a standard XP "MC encountered a problem and needs to close" dialog. Here are some of the details it reports:

AppName: media center 12.exe    AppVer: 12.0.222.0    ModName: ieframe.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16414    Offset: 000c405d

What's odd is that if I don't actually close the dialog, MC sometimes plays the stream just fine. This also occasionally occurs with MP3 streams.

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 11:32:09 pm »

When attempting to add Cover art with Quick Find in Directory, if there exists more than one file, MC can't, or won't, add any file.

These are for files not named folder.jpg

Could the function be edited to search for "front" or just pick any file, so at least the user then knows there are some jpgs in there.

I have a ton of art buried in my folders (my own doing I know))

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 06:54:08 pm »

Aren't we supposed to be able to drag an image file from Windows Explorer into MC onto a file or the Image window to tag it? I can't drag n tag.

DC

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 05:08:24 am »

As of this build, thumbnailing appears to have gone nuts  :(
If I have any files in my library which haven't been thumbnailed, on launching MC, 4 JRThumb.exe processes are spawned, and these use 100% of the available CPU (C2Duo 6320) for 2- 3 mins, leaving the PC totally unresponsive. Everything appears to work after this, but no thumbnails are being generated.
-Leezer-

+1  :-\

SteveV

• Recent member
  • software geek
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 08:58:35 am »

I'm having problems loading playlists and smartlists using MC12.exe.  If I launch the following command: 

MC12.exe /Play TREEPATH=Playlists\Rock

the playlist will not load unless the "Playlists" tree node is selected.  This seems to be a behavior change from MC11.exe where the playlist would load regardless of which tree node was selected.

Regards,

Steve

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 09:45:40 am »

Media Center has problems with certain podcast feeds that other podcatching software does not. For example:

http://bloggingheads.tv/itunes.php - MC will not download podcasts from this feed

http://feeds.feedburner.com/1up/podcast - MC will not download the 5/4/07 podcast

In both these cases, FeedDemon works with these without any problem.

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 04:42:25 pm »

hi,

when slecting to rip a dvd Media Center crashes for me everytime on this build. The verion i used before worked with no problems.

Richard

benn600

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 06:52:34 pm »

Sorry but I still do not get DVD thumbnails.  They are stored as folder.jpg files yet I see no thumbnails, even with a quick find.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 07:53:42 pm »

Sorry but I still do not get DVD thumbnails.  They are stored as folder.jpg files yet I see no thumbnails, even with a quick find.

Are they getting put in <%Profile%>Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{MediaLibraryID}\?
As far as I can tell they will only get stored in the specified location when you manually do a screen grab or add an image to the file manually. I would like MC to put it in our specified location too.

C.

benn600

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 09:15:13 pm »

They used to work perfectly!  It was a MC upgrade a while back...guessing 12.0.150 or so.  It's the same type of thumbnails as I use for CDs.  Not from the video stream, just simply jpg files that I got from the internet (myself).

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 03:16:19 am »

Theater view size not applied on exit dialog

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 05:49:39 am »

I have noticed another issue not a major problem.

I use the blackstars view visulisation as i like to see current track time in theater view.
(if tracktime/artisit name could be standard in theater view that would be great)

The first track before this release would show track 1 of x, second track 2 of x etc
the first track now shows track 0 of x, and the second track 1 of x, so all the numbers are offset by one.

Richard

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 06:50:24 am »

I have MC set for 2-Split Views (TABS)

When I first open MC, there are 2 "Playing Now" windows open as expected HOWEVER:

They are both open with the filelist window extended all the way to the top (covering the Display area above the playlist). The problem is, one of these two does NOT have the bar above the column title bar with which to move the file/playlist window back down to expose the display area (there is no bar with the little triangle tick marks, the grab bar is missing)

If you look right above the column headings for Artist & Name you will see the Drag Bar missing

Also, is there any way these can be made to remember their last location? I'd love one to open to Playing Now and the other to open to the Audio pane when I first start MC.
. . . the game is rigged

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:05 pm »

Sorry if this has been reported before but I've not been using MC12 for long...

I like to have Visualisations or G-Force full screen permanently on my HTPC but when I play new tracks (via NetRemote) MC exits full screen mode.  MC11 did not do this.  Is there any way around it or can it be fixed?
JLee

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 01:33:10 pm »

New bug discovered with View Scheme support.

1. Create a playlist group, call it '_PG01_'
2. Create 3 playlists under '_PG01_" and call them "Nano", "Nano_01" and "Nano_02"
3. Add a different album or set of tracks (your choice) to each Nano playlist
4. Now, create a View Scheme with the top-level (step 1) criteria being Playlist Group and choose '_PG01_' (I had Playlist Group, Artist and Year as my three criteria or panes).
5. Now, view your new View Scheme.  When you select "Nano" (in pane _PG01_) you'll see all three playlist's albums (tracks) listed.  I think the bug is (it appears to be) that if a Playlist's name partially matches another Playlist's name, it's including the other Playlist's tracks as well (meaning Nano's name matches the first 4 letters of the Nano_01 and Nano_02 names).  If I change the name of Nano to Nano_00, the problem(s) go away!!

I use this type of setup/scheme for some really kewl stuff I do with playlist and edit schemes (for 3 portable MP3 players I have & use in different environments).  I can tell what's on one player and not another or get cross section of whats on all the players or 2 of them, and so on.

NOTE: Under the view scheme setup and the Playlist Group criteria for _PG01_, if you change the setting for Matching to Match all, then Nano shows nothing.  With Match any specified, Nano show the contents of all three playlists (in the view scheme).

benn600

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 04:44:48 pm »

Funny.  I discovered this exact issue before (few months back) but never told anyone cause I didn't really care much...and I have bigger feature requests.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 05:18:29 pm »

On several occaisions this build of MC has locked-up/frozen and I had to force it closed. While the interface closed MC was still running in the Task Manager and I have been unable to force it closed with the Task Manager using "end process" or "end process tree" forcing me to reboot.

. . . the game is rigged

benn600

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 10:42:53 pm »

Quick hint: logging off will usually work for closing locked-up apps.  You don't usually need to restart (if ever).

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 02:12:58 am »

I have noticed another issue not a major problem.

I use the blackstars view visulisation as i like to see current track time in theater view.
(if tracktime/artisit name could be standard in theater view that would be great)

The first track before this release would show track 1 of x, second track 2 of x etc
the first track now shows track 0 of x, and the second track 1 of x, so all the numbers are offset by one.

Richard

Same here: TV shows in Track# an offset by -1 in the visualizations

Uwe
Pages: [1]   Go Up