INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPod Nano 2nd Gen -- Basic Question  (Read 1515 times)

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • TiVo-aholic
IPod Nano 2nd Gen -- Basic Question
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:52:54 am »

I don't own one, but my father wants one.  He is NOT very technically proficient ... how tough is it to use MC12 with an IPod Nano (without using that darned ITunes).    Is this just a plug-n-play device that he can DRAG FILES to the device or SYNC UP when it plugs in ?

Or is there something more complicated that would need to be done.   All of his music is in MP3 format.

Thanks, I'm just looking for the simplest solution within MC12, as they already use that for audio/photo management (only minimal features).

MartinH

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: IPod Nano 2nd Gen -- Basic Question
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:17:06 am »

It is pretty much plug 'n' play for an iPod.  When it's connected MC will recognise it, you don't need to do much at all.  Once it appears in your devices list (in MC) you can just drag and drop tracks/albums or sync whatever you want.

Don't forget it might be worth running iTunes once or twice with the iPod connected just to make sure you have the latest version of the iPod software installed on the Nano.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:25:46 am »

Don't forget it might be worth running iTunes once or twice with the iPod connected just to make sure you have the latest version of the iPod software installed on the Nano.
I don't quite agree.  I'd only install iTunes if you think it might fix a problem.  Itunes runs a couple of programs in the background by default.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:53:54 pm »

I'm going to stay as far away from ITunes as I can ... what is the 'best' firmware for the IPod Nano 2nd Gen 2GB Silver so that I can make sure it is on there?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:55:58 pm »

Apple only ships firmware with iTunes now, as far as I know.

Just try it with the current firmware.  It will probably work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up