INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me get my cover art back after a new hard drive install...  (Read 2154 times)

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

I still have the old HD and its hooked up as a slave.  SO How do I migrate all the cover art to the new drive?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help me get my cover art back after a new hard drive install...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 03:07:27 pm »

In MC options, set your Cover Art directory under file locations.

Copy your cover art there.

Select a few files and do a right click, Cover Art/Quick Find.

If that works, do more.

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 04:00:37 pm »

Yea that works for the image files I manually atttached and copied to a folder in My Documents.  But all the automaticly retreaved cover art that was gathered from the internet origanally was not stored there, I have no idea where MC11 stores all of the cover art, evidently there is more then one place.  Anywho, I cant get the intertnet downoad cover art part of MC11 to work at all, I tried about 200 albums and not one was found on the internet, even under Loose and always settings.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:58:51 pm »

In MC11 you can use two different options for the automatic cover art location: "In specific folder" or "Next to file" (i.e in the same folder with the music files.)

The default is under a specific folder. If you have not changed it you should find the cover art files there. Check the option in: Tools > Options > File Location > Track Images Location...

If you restored your old library you can also check the Image File library field value. Add that column to a details view or check the field value from Action Window > File Properties > Tag Info (you may need to set it to "Show All Fields" by clicking the small button in the top left corner and selecting the option).

The "Get from internet" search may try to use outdated addresses. MC12 works better.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up