INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Tags  (Read 1733 times)

Thrashdance

Cover Tags
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:02:59 pm »

Hello there!
This is my 1st post here. I recently installed MC (version 12.0.106) after years of Winamp abuse  ;D and i find this player very high-end  :)

Nevertheless i have one issue:
Does MC support ID3v2.4 UTF-8 Tags?
This goes mostly for cover art tags. I use MP3Tag (v 2.38) to manage my MP3 tags and cover art also.
MC only reads a few cover images and most of my MP3 files are cover-orphans  >:(

Any suggestions or thoughts ?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Tags
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 02:59:35 am »

Welcome to the forum and to the greatest media application the world have ever seen! :)

Where do you have your cover image? The default cover behavior is to read the cover.jpg in the same folder at the album I think. But you can also specify a cover folder. Look under options, file location and cover art for more options.

Not sure about the tag versions, but I would be amazed if MC did not read all ID3 v2 tags. I have never had any problems with it.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

modelmaker

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:54:36 am »

As far as I understand things, there are 4 ways to store cover art in MC (BTW you might want to update to the latest version), 1. in the MC cover art folder, 2. as folder.jpg in the album folder, 3. as Artist-Album.jpg, and in the Tag. You can also save image in tag and one of the first two.
MC uses ID3 v2. I have all my cover art stored in the tags and as Artist-Album.jpg in file (album) folder and virtually all my cover art is present, so you should in the end be able to find and show all you cover art.

One the advanced guys will be along and be able to help you, so welcome to the most powerful media center on the planet and the forum, answers come pretty quick most of the time.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 07:02:37 am »

Hello there!
This is my 1st post here. I recently installed MC (version 12.0.106) after years of Winamp abuse  ;D and i find this player very high-end  :)

Nevertheless i have one issue:
Does MC support ID3v2.4 UTF-8 Tags?
This goes mostly for cover art tags. I use MP3Tag (v 2.38) to manage my MP3 tags and cover art also.
MC only reads a few cover images and most of my MP3 files are cover-orphans  >:(

Any suggestions or thoughts ?

AFAIK, MC12 reads ID3v2.4 UTF-8 tags, but it writes them back in the ID3v2.3 ISO-8599-1 format unless the tags contain characters that can't be saved in the 2.3 ISO format.

Embedded cover art in ID3v2.4 UTF-8 tags should work normally, but MC12 seems to have a problem with this.

I have found that the most compatible ID3 tag setting in Mp3tag is ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1. It works perfectly with MC and also with many HW devices that do not support v.2.4 UTF-8.

I would recommend using the following settings in Mp3tag and resaving the tags once before importing to MC (unless you have a specific reason to use v2.4 UTF-8):

EDIT

Here are two test samples for JRiver:

IDv2.4_UTF8_sample.mp3 (43 KB)
IDv2.3_ISO_sample.mp3 (43 KB)

EDIT 2

I recently installed MC (version 12.0.106)

You should install the latest version. 12.0.106 is ancient.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Thrashdance

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 08:48:16 am »

Thanks for the posts guys.

I'll upgrade to the latest version and try out the ISO Tags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up