INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Again some ideas...  (Read 1098 times)

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Again some ideas...
« on: July 05, 2007, 08:09:12 pm »

In another thread I made some suggestions...maybe you would like to read them...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41448.msg282721#msg282721 :D

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Again some ideas...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:53:06 am »

I like your suggestions  ;D

[...]MC becomes more and more THE programm to handle all kind of stuff but the basics seemed to be forgotten [...]
This is exactly what I often think reading the changelogs of a new MC Version!

- An editor to solve problems like this described on top of the topic.. put a part of a field into another..and not only move, copy, flipflop!!!!
Would be really great. The way it is I always have to rename my files from library after storing the original filename into a blank tag field, update libary from filename and to finish it up again rename files from library.

- A quick prelisten button to use a headphone with a second zone by one button
   (ever used MC on a party with more than 2 beers switching zones to prelisten? *lol*)
At every party there is one guy who looks over my shoulder and asks "Are you really using WMP?". After the explanation I'm not using WMP he wants to know something of this program and starts to play around with it. One of the only argues against MC that will remain at every party is, "Well, for me it's to complex to handle your headphones".

- The possibility to reorder the sortingalgor. for foreign words like "Der, Die, Das, El, Da etc." and not only "The ..."
I never missed that option, but MC is called “multilingual”, so it should be standard.

- The option to ask me if a file is write protected if this should be solved ..and not only a tagging error
Would be nice!

Perhaps I’m allowed to add my long-time-wish to this list: to be able to increase the Bufferlength without having this deficits (wait for seek/stop/manual trackchange). Even with my new machine (and Matt told me with a “modern” machine a bufferlength round half a second always would be enough) MC sometimes hangs when I’m working with my PC. And I, again, want to repeat my statement:

In my eyes a high buffer size gives much more safety. With winamp […] I could do whatever I wanted to, because the high buffer even didn’t stop playback within a bluescreen (it just plays to the end of the buffered part).

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Again some ideas...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 11:47:55 am »

- An editor to solve problems like this described on top of the topic.. put a part of a field into another..and not only move, copy, flipflop!!!!

This is possible already in v12 using =[Field] so you can put

Track =[Name] by [Artist] in say the comment filed and it will display

track name by artist in the comment field, for all files selected where you pasted that command as explained here

unless i misunderstood what you want.

- A "fuzzy" search with wildcards to compare files that are nearly the same
  ..to sort out missspelled entrys and duplicates (To find for Example: Beatles,Beatels and Beetels with B*ls)
I've asked for this over the years many times. It'd be essential if you had a large collection of files. I think we got stuck with how fuzzy should fuzzy be. Sparta wrote a plugin for this some time back as an extension, it worked great, but then i upgraded to newer versions and lost track.

- Analyse function to find defect audio files !!!
I would trust 3rd party software to do a better job with this. I use mp3utility with mp3s, so selct one file and the parameter is passed to the mp3utiltiy to check the whole directory. No its not possible to select random files and send only those to mp3utility as yet.

- Analyse function to cut out zerosilence from beginning and end of files
This is already there in Options->Playback->Audio->Do not play silence (leading & trailing)

Its not an analyse function as you put it, more like a real time thing, and does not modify the files in a non-reversable way, which is preferable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up