INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.294  (Read 14536 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.294
« on: July 27, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This build has exstensive changes in the list control.  If problems upset you, a better place to download is here.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120294.exe

12.0.294 (07/27/07)

1. Fixed: Tagging mode in the panes didn't allow checking boxes. (only effects 293)
2. Fixed: The image editor behaves better when attempting to edit a missing or broken file.
3. Changed: Revised lasso system to follow these rules:
   Right-click lasso: right-mouse drag will always start a lasso
   Left-click lasso (optional, off by default): left-mouse drag will start a lasso when over a non-selected item in non-text area (in Options > Tree & View > Advanced)
4. Fixed: Slow double-click to edit a field would not work when an auto-truncation tooltip was showing.

12.0.293 (07/26/07)

1. Changed: Audio analyzer returns reasonable values for silent files instead of erroring.
2. Fixed: After clicking on an auto-truncation tooltip in the list, typed navigation would not work until clicking another item.
3. Fixed: When the mouse was over an auto-truncation tooltip, the list wouldn't track the mouse over item nicely with the mouse.
4. Fixed: CD Labeler not working under Vista.
5. Fixed: MTP devices may load faster in some cases.
6. Changed: Some internal restructuring of list controls.

12.0.292 (07/26/07)

1. Fixed: Right-click in the panes didn't work nicely.
2. Fixed: Playlist filters from the search box could cause a crash.
3. Changed: Lasso is also available with a left-click.
4. Changed: When the application launch shortcut was set to "Maximize", the incomplete shutdown dialog would appear maximized.

12.0.291 (07/25/07)

1. Fixed: Drawing a list lasso that went outside the list would clear the selection on mouse up.
2. Fixed: Slow double-click to edit wouldn't work on a field showing a truncation tooltip.
3. Changed: Lasso list selection is done with the right-mouse button.
4. Changed: Ctrl+Click on the last selected item in a list can be used to select none.
5. Fixed: Lists on some dialogs would not appear.
6. Fixed: Some types of ASF redirectors would not work properly.
7. Changed: When opening a URL, a wait message will be displayed while parsing the file. (could take a while for a large playlist)
8. Updated: Help file.
9. Fixed: Enhanced Video Renderer did not work for DX Video playback.

12.0.290 (07/24/07)

1. Fixed: Deleting a file from a playlist could leave an empty placeholder visible until the view was refreshed.
2. Fixed: Drag-n-drop in the tree could incorrectly scroll horizontally.

12.0.289 (07/24/07)

1. Fixed: Some lists wouldn't reset their scroll position as expected when browsing the library.

12.0.288 (07/24/07)

1. Fixed: Customize Toolbar dialog lists weren't working nicely.
2. Fixed: In-place editing wouldn't work properly once scrolled right.
3. Changed: Clicking in the non-item area at the bottom of the list selects none.
4. Changed: Added "Album (by date)" grouping for image views.

12.0.287 (07/23/07)

1. Fixed: Reverse range selections in lists were not working properly.
2. Fixed: Grabbing an item in the list and dragging out of the list without crossing other items wouldn't immediately start a drag-n-drop.
3. Fixed: The selection would not draw in very wide lists.
4. Changed: Tuned the mouse-wheel scroll size in lists.
5. Fixed: Lists wouldn't nicely switch colors when switching skins on the fly.
6. NEW: Lists support lasso selection, in accordance with AlexB's specifications. (experimental -- may change or be removed)
7. Fixed: Scroll position was not perfectly preserved when using the forward / back commands to switch views.
8. Fixed: Typed list navigation was not working in thumbnail lists.
9. Fixed: Dropping to the last position in a list was not possible.
10. Fixed: "Edit Disc Information" dialog was not working nicely.
11. Changed: Media Center no longer does a complete iPod eject, but instead keeps the iPod charging when ejected like iTunes.
12. Changed: Theater View weather doesn't load until going into the Weather plugin.
13. Changed: Theater View weather refreshes each time "Weather" is reentered.
14. Changed: Theater View weather shows the current temperature in "Current Conditions" instead of a high / low.

12.0.286 (07/20/07)

1. NEW: Added "Group" feature to file lists. (mouse-over view title at top left of any view and look at the "Group" submenu)
2. Fixed: In place editing would not work properly. (introduced in build 285)

12.0.285 (07/19/07)

1. Fixed: Video did not show up on screen when playing video using VMR9 (introduced in build 284).
2. Fixed: In DX video and DVD playback, the OSD menu did not show status message for "Vertical Position" item.
3. Fixed: In TV playback, when showing OSD menu for Video Control items (Brightness, Contrast, etc.) the item's name was shown twice.
4. Fixed: Lists showed truncation tooltip when the mouse was over the header.
5. Fixed: Lists showed invalid truncation tooltip for the rating column.
6. Fixed: Ctrl+Shift+Click list selection works more naturally.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 12.0.294
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 03:17:05 pm »

12.0.284 (07/18/07)

1. Fixed: When cancelling a TWAIN scanner acquire, the player would stick waiting for the scanner.
2. Fixed: CDs would incorrectly get filed as "Unnamed Disc".
3. NEW: File types m2t and tp are added to DX video playback types.
4. NEW: Enhanced Video Renderer is added to the list of selectable video renderers for DX Video playback.
5. Fixed: Updating from older versions of MC will not reset the podcast configuration to default.
6. NEW: Switched all lists to be built on top of JRiver lists instead of Windows lists.
7. NEW: List controls show a truncation tooltip when a column doesn't hold all the data.

12.0.283 (07/17/07)

1. Fixed: Seeking in a DVD while the DVD was paused could cause a dead-lock with some filters.
2. Fixed: In rare cases, WMV videos would stall when resuming from a bookmark.
3. NEW: Tab support for title and description fields in shareto web aw.
4. Updated: Help file.
5. Fixed: Rewinding all the way to the beginning of file would cause a dead-lock in video playback.
6. Changed: When thumbnailing a video in DirectShow using windowless vmr, MC will not make multiple attempts to pause video.
7. Changed: When rendering DirectShow graph for mp4 files, MC will try to add a source filter before attempting to render, if there is no user-selected source filter.
8. Changed: Calls to handheld cache to get file return a non keyed name when cache type is never.

12.0.282 (07/14/07)

Not released

12.0.281 (07/13/07)

1. Fixed: With daylight savings in effect, dates loaded from an iPod could be off by an hour.
2. Fixed: Sound Check on the iPod would not work correctly with very loud files.
3. Changed: Added a +6db shift to the Sound Check values loaded on an iPod so less attenuation is done in most cases. (may require a resync for old and new files to match)
4. NEW: Podcasts can still be viewed when the database is read-only.
5. Fixed: Pix01 AW crash.
6. Changed: Internal ShowHtmlHelp changes.

12.0.280 (07/12/07)

1. Fixed: OPML files could introduce invalid feeds (appeared as multiple "Downloaded Podcasts").
2. Fixed: Already existing invalid feeds are deleted from the library.
3. Changed: handling more OPML file formats.
4. Fixed: The values of color controls were not normalized for Enhanced Video Renderer on Vista.
5. Fixed: The custom values of color controls for Enhanced Video Renderer on Vista were not saved.
6. Changed: Podcast logging to detect duplicated episodes.
7. Fixed: Deleting a podcast feed would sometimes remove the feed from the view, but not actually delete it.
8. NEW: Display settings (monitor, resolution, always on top) are stored per-zone.
9. Fixed: Some video cards would draw white where transparency was supposed to be in Theater View.
10. NEW: Default Feeds are intelligent - outdated feeds with no downloads are deleted when the default feed list is downloaded.
11. Fixed: When trying to tag an mp3 file that couldn't be moved, the system could end up with a temporary file with a .yyy extension.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 03:30:30 pm »

Here's a couple screenshots of the new list grouping feature:
http://pix01.com/n8@eity

Please use this thread for comments and questions.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:51:14 pm »

Wow. You guys have exceeded expectations yet again :D The group listing feature is an excellent addition... and I didn't see it coming!

Thanks J River

murphusa

• Recent member
  • Applications Analyst (Banking)Food, Sci-Fi, Brazilian Music
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 05:21:46 pm »

I just found a small bug in the list sections.  If you click on any or multiple albums and try to expand the column (Title, Artist, etc.) sizes by left mouse clicking on the title bar separators and dragging them to a new position, when you release the left mouse button, they snap back to there original size.  Wow, that was about the longest sentence I have ever written.

I just love MC12.

Thanks for all of the work,

Murph

jack wallstreet

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:19:28 pm »

I think it is necessary to compliment the team on the work with this update, the responsiveness and the obvious enthusiasm and quality.

Thank you!
John

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 05:52:12 am »

In-place editing seems little sluggish compared to with the previous windows lists, also with mass edits.

It's hard to pin down specifically, just a general feeling. Some fields are fast, others slower.

right-click->Cover Art->Add from File->(select a jpg) and look at the preview box, which remains empty instead of displaying the pic, preview is checked as is the default.

gilzur

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 07:55:19 am »

Print list (under file) causes program to crash.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 09:14:52 am »

Thank you for the group feature!  I requested that a few months back when I saw a similar feature in iTunes.

My only request then would be to increase the cover art (large) thumbnail maximum size just a bit...maybe 35%.

Hint: I just figured this out.  Click a title to collapse it.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 10:56:11 am »

i think there are some bugs in remote server/XML Api (exists in earlier versions, too)...

-> the font of the last played song is bold, even the playback is already stopped (html page)
-> Remote Server sends only the first 100042 characters (e.g. Audio Library) when requesting a playlist with an xml request... in most cases MC12 crashes after that.

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 11:06:21 am »

Red Eye fix is completely broken unless I'm doing something wrong.

Even when you zoom in, the square is drawn around a large area of the face, and giant patches of grey/black are drawn on the face and saved (when saved as modified .jpg).

DC

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Long dir-names for auto import folder
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 12:51:16 pm »

My auto-import folder is P:\My Pictures\@.Events\Silvester\Silvester 2005-2006\Silvester 2005-2006.iMovieProject\ and it seems somehow to long to edit.
I wanted to change the drive letter from P to M but the entry field doesn't show any changes when I'am pressing on keyboard keys. With short directories it works.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
It's happen once again with my Cover Art
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 01:46:55 pm »

When you have well over 3000 songs there is one thing that you don't want to do and that
is correct the album covers that are suppose to be attached to each song, well that is exactly
happen again.  I just downloaded the current release it is shuffled many be not all my cover art.
It particularly picks one album cover and associates to several hundres songs.  I end up
spending a huge amount of time correcting this when applying a new release.  What is the
problem here and how can it be corrected.  It doesn't happen all the time but its happened
several times.

Skylar  ?  ?

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 02:33:49 pm »

Skylar,

I used to have the same problem, I found out that although all my mp3's have embedded art MC was using folder.jpg.

I have a singles folder with about 1000 odd tracks and MC used to pick up the first song and write the folder.jpg to the singles folder and then use it for all songs.

The work around was to set (under options-file location) the coverart to "in a specified folder" as opposed to "in the same folder as file"

Is all your art embedded?

Simon

rjm

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 03:05:16 am »

1. Changed: Audio analyzer returns reasonable values for silent files instead of erroring.

woohoo!

I analyze every track added to my library as part of my standard workflow. And as one of several integrity checks on my library and media I look for unanalyzed audio.

For several years I have had to manually enter dummy analyze data into short and/or silent tracks.

Thank you so much for fixing this.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 09:26:54 am »

programm crash after xml Request "<REQUEST command="getTrackInfo" value="3029">"

Songtitel has a special character ('ä') as titel. when i change the songtitel everything is ok.

Code: [Select]
0006859: 3608: SDK: CMJAutomation::CMJAutomation: Global Count: 3, Main 0, 2f27d18
0006859: 3608: Playback: CDisplayPlugin::LoadPlugin: Start
0006859: 3608: Playback: CDisplayPlugin::LoadPlugin: Plugin: Cover Art
0006859: 3608: Playback: CDisplayPlugin::LoadPlugin: Finish (0 ms)
0006922: 3608: Playback: CPlayerZone::CreatePlaybackEngine: Finish (78 ms)
0006922: 3608: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Waiting... (0 ms)
0006922: 3608: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Finish (78 ms)
0006938: 3608: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0006938: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (file size).jmd
0006938: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (file size).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (duration).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (duration).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (date).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (date).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (bitrate).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (bitrate).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (track #).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (track #).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (date created).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (date created).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (number plays).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (number plays).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (last played).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (last played).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (rating).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (rating).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (artist).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (artist).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (album).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (album).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (name).jmd
0006953: 3608: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Messiahs\Anwendungsdaten\J River\Media Center 12\Connected Library\field (name).jmd
0006953: 2680: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 10:52:50 am »

programm crash after xml Request "<REQUEST command="getTrackInfo" value="3029">"

Songtitel has a special character ('ä') as titel. when i change the songtitel everything is ok.
Please start a new thread and tell us more about what you're doing.  Are you using UPnP Server or Library Server or something else?

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 04:19:02 pm »

Quote from: JimH
Please start a new thread and tell us more about what you're doing.  Are you using UPnP Server or Library Server or something else?

done & thx.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41788.0

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2007, 04:53:15 pm »

The new Enhanced Video Renderer is very definitely a good addition, but its got a bug with Real Media files in fullscreen  :(
Try to play a Real Media file in full screen & and where there should be a black border (Files with an aspect ratio different to that of the screen in other words), a slice of the first few frames is repeated constantly. Very hard to describe, but if you've got this problem, you can see it instantly.
Not present in any of the other video renders or the Windows Media engine.

Edit: Update, seems to be present in other filetypes as well when entering fullscreen from a non full-screen view.#

Vista & the most recent Nvidia drivers if thats any use.

-Leezer-

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 09:45:57 pm »

Bug in Ehanced renderer as reported by leezer... .AVI, Vista and K-Lite Codec pack here (ffdshow was the active filter)

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 10:27:16 pm »

Had to resotre the library and rebuilding video thumbs as acting REALLY weird....the JRworker.exe runs in spurts as a process but isn't building ANY thumbs; 0% cpu usage. IT's bogging down MC like it's doing something but I have got back about 10 thumbs in ten minutes.

This is showing up over and over, endlessly in the log:

0315438: 4024: Database: CMediaFileIOLoad::Load: Loading: C:\mediacenter\ma\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (94).dat
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::~CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 0
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 1
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0315985: 4024: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0316313: 4024: Database: CMediaFileIOLoad::Load: Loading: C:\mediacenter\ma\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (94).dat

And I know you're not going to believe this one:

I re-installed MC .294 (disabled A/V to do so) I had Outlook 2007 and NOD32 control panel on screen. MC loads fine, into the Video section I believe, and I can't do anything with ANY of the other apps until I close MC. After all the weirdness with the laptop on the road with .92 and now this with the HTPC...I'm suspicious of this build. Maybe it's NOD because no one else seems to be having similar issues. I can switch to Audio just fine but still locked out of other apps; I can switch to them but can close or minimize etc. . Once I start Audio playback it seems to kick this bug out and I can close Firefox or Outlook.

EDIT - this version of FFDshow, which  I have had installed since earlier this month, no longer plays nice with MC: ffdshow_beta3_rev1324_20070701_clsid.exe

Removing it allows thumbs to be built and the strange problem above has been fixed. I suspect this is what was troubling my laptop last week. I plan on testing on some other versions of FFDshow soon.

DC

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 01:07:07 am »

Please see this post on an issue with flv files not playing from the default Video view scheme: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41586.msg284892#msg284892.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 07:55:48 am »

I thought I'd cracked my Jump on Play problems (see my current thread), but they just struck again.

And with a completely clean install of build 294 (registry removed prior to install) if I make no other changes after loading my library but to set Jump on Play to 'Playing Now (always)' MC now regularly crashes (9 times out of ten) when I select play from an album thumbnail (selecting play from files etc seems fine).  If I set Jump on Play to 'None' everything is fine, except no jump of course.

[2784] 0046953: 820: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::Layout: Finish (0 ms)
[2784] 0046953: 820: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Start
[2784] 0046953: 820: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Finish (0 ms)
[2784] 0046953: 820: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Start
[2784] 0046953: 820: General: CJRReportCtrlLayout::LayoutControl::UpdateScrollbars: Finish (0 ms)
[2784] 0046953: 820: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: View show / update time: 0
[2784] 0046953: 820: General: CMainUIWnd::SetMCView: Finish (109 ms)
[2784] 0046969: 820: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing

Event viewer shows:

Faulting application media center 12.exe, version 12.0.294.0, faulting module media center 12.exe, version 12.0.294.0, fault address 0x000137f4.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This problem is really starting to put a dent into my enjoyment of MC.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Cover Art Display problem
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 10:54:39 am »

Twit:  I do have my cover art in a specific folder: data/cover art folder
and it still messing up the attachment to my songs.  It is really a hassle
to reattach all the correct albums.  I have it marked in allocations as
'specific folder'.  Can anyone in JRiver help with this problem.

Skylar  ?

Well somehow this problem has corrected itself.  All the correct cover
art is now attached to the corrects songs...??

dcwebman

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 11:04:22 am »

Bug for playlist windows in Mini skins with the new lists. For those mini skins that support listing the playlist like NoFrills and Paradigm: Essence, a portion of the playlist will be displayed but there is no ability to scroll up and down in the playlist.
Jeff

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 12:28:14 am »

For the following Audio view I have a few issues/suggestions for number pad navigation in TheaterView:

Album Artist - Album (sub-view) <-- First Item Selected with 2
Decade (sub-view)
Genre (sub-view)
Random (sub-view)
All (237) <-- Have to push down then 2 to get here
3 Doors Down
A-Ha <-- Have to push down again then 2 to get here
Aerosmith
The Afro Celt Sound System <-- Pressing 8 goes here
Avril Lavigne
The Backyardigans
Barenaked Ladies <-- This one gets selected when pressing 2 twice, when it should be The Backyardigans
Basement Jaxx
A Perfect Circle <-- If you're at Barenaked Ladies and press 2, you end up here

Bugs/Suggestions:
1) BUG: Articles (A, An, The, ...) are not ignored for number pad navigation though they are for sorting the items.

2) Suggestion: Use the expanding overlay text (like used for Add, Play, ....) to show what letter you're jumping to.  (Will work even better if item 3 is also implemented)

3) Suggestion: Don't scroll the list until until button pressing stops for some delay.
Example:
If you're at L and want to get to K, you press 5 2 times, which scrolls to J, then K.  I think it would look nicer if it just jumped straight to K after a small delay.

4) Suggestion: If you're already on an item starting with a letter and press that number sequence again, go to the next item starting with that letter.
Example:
If you're at Album Artist - Album (sub-view), pressing 2 twice would go to All (237).  Pressing 2 twice again would go to A-Ha

5) Suggestion: Pressing a number 4 (5 for 7 & 9) times should jump to any items starting with that number.
Currently there's no way to jump to 3 Doors Down.  Pressing 3 4 times takes you to the first item starting with D.

6) Far out wish: T9 like cellphone prediction using the visible items as the dictionary.

-John

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 02:52:59 pm »

I have a "local library" on my laptop hard drive, plus my "network library" which I use at home (with my laptop at times) as well.
When I switch libraries on my laptop and go to run an Import . . . . the  Library Folders from the other library have displaced the ones I had set.

In other words each library does not hold it's import folder settings. (Thankfully I do not use auto-import or I'd hava a real mess)
This means I must check and reset the folders before each & every import.

Burning a DVD+R, capacity 4.7gb, yet MC reports insufficient  disc space wen files only total 4.4gb.
Am I missing something here or is this an error?
. . . the game is rigged

DancerMike

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 11:03:14 pm »

CD - Labeler not working in Vista.

Fixed!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

MusicHawk

Trouble ripping multiple CDs in MC 12.0.294, here's a workaround
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 12:23:17 am »

Situation: I have a stack of CDs to rip. I do the first, then insert the second. MC munches for a while, then says "There are no tracks available to rip. Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected." This error is WRONG. I can spend a bunch of time trying to remove/reinsert the CD, etc, but nothing helps.

But, I discovered a workaround. I just Cancel the error message, then select Tools > Rip Disc... and ripping starts instantly. In spite of the error message, the CD has been read successfully by MC (already!) and there are tracks selected to rip. Apparently, MC gets into a state where the error message loops no matter what. So, while there's an easy workaround, it's not obvious.

PS: Some of the time, the second or subsequent CD starts ripping smoothly without any goofy steps. This is how MC 12 was working all the time until a recent build. But now, MOST of the time I get the error and must use the workaround. (No change in my hardware or software -- PC with Core 2 Duo and 2GB running Windows XP MCE.)

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 08:58:35 am »

Burning a DVD+R, capacity 4.7gb, yet MC reports insufficient  disc space wen files only total 4.4gb.
Am I missing something here or is this an error?

There is a difference between the capacity being described based on 1 GB = 1024 MB or 1000 MB.  I would see how low you have to go before it will fit.  I usually can only get 4.3 GB total data on a DVD with Nero.

robydago

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 09:39:30 am »

MusicHawk,
do you have two CD\DVD\whatever drives in your system? I sometimes get the same message and I have two drives. I was wondering if that could be the issue.

MusicHawk

More on problem ripping, and workaround, with Media Center 12.0.294
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 10:40:29 am »

>> do you have two CD\DVD\whatever drives in your system?

Nope, this particular PC has just one CD drive.

Sometimes, the error messaged is preceded briefly by a dialog that says "Working...". I presume this is when MC is trying to match the CD's tracks to the online database.

It's important to note that, when I close the error message and click Tools > Rip Disc... , ripping starts INSTANTLY. This means that when I click, the CD has already been analyzed, located, and the track info downloaded. This must have happened during the the prior attempt, likely during "Working..." phase. MC succees, but shows an incorrect error message claiming it failed.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JONCAT

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 08:28:31 pm »

Remove Cover Art  will not delete files from disk.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 09:02:17 pm »

With Auto-Size columns off, every other attempted manual resize of a column results in a null command; the column can't be resized.

Doesn't matter if it's the same column or another; every other attempt fails.

DC

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 04:18:32 pm »

I can't select a cover art file out of my available files in the cover art folder. As you can see, the file list in the control remains empty.

I can key in the full cover art filename or move the slider to the right and click the specific cover art file in the main selection list.

My cover art folder contains more than 13000 files. Could this be a problem?

MusicHawk

iPod sync problem with Media Center 12.0.294
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 01:15:10 am »

Tried to sync MC with my iPod Video 80GB. I've done it many, many times before without problems, but this is the first time with .294. It informed me it was going to delete hundreds of songs from the iPod that it shouldn't touch at all -- they haven't been touched in MC for months, and have been played on the iPod successfully. So why does it now think they should be deleted?

So, I figured I need the old, annoying process of reinitializing the iPod using Apple's software, then resynching with MC. But NOW, I can't cancel the MC sync process. I clicked the Cancel button, but 20 minutes later it still says "Working..." Nothing is happening on the screen, but when I try to close MC it says I can't until "...the current handheld operation process completes...". (Isn't "operation process" redundant?).

So I clicked on my iPod in the Devices list and clicked Eject. That didn't do anything either.

How do I cleanly disconnect the iPod when MC doesn't respond to cancel/eject requests? If I physically disconnect (the only apparent option, just about to do it) I run the risk of leaving the iPod messed up.

The iPod says "do not disconnect" but with no other option, here goes...

With the iPod unplugged, MC became responsive. I closed and restarted it. Then reconnected the iPod to see what happens. MC once again wants to delete a ton of perfectly good songs from the iPod, for no apparent reason (not edited/retagged or anything in many months).

I clicked MC button "Recheck Sync", whatever that means (does this mean to repeat the process it does when I connect the iPod, or does this do something else?). Same incorrect result.

So I'm now updating iTunes and reinitializing the iPod -- which wipes out everything on the iPod. Then I'll see what MC does. With more than 9000 songs to restore, it is not a pleasant experience.

MusicHawk

Sync confusion in Media Center 12.0.294
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 01:46:52 am »

I'm resynching with an iPod I had to reinitialize (see prior message). MC presented me with two Synch buttons -- lower left and top of view. By each button were facts about the iPod, but confusing facts. At the top it said "space used 76.0MB of 74.4GB" available. In the lower left it said I had 44GB available -- how can that be? Am I misundertanding what these two dialogs are telling me?

Also confusing, two Sync buttons. When I pressed the top button, it changed color, but nothing else seemed to happen for a very long time. Meanwhile, the lower-left Sync button remained available. I didn't click it, but what if due to the apparent lack of activity I did click it? It would be good to get an immediate message, even just "Working..." to acknowledge any button click that launches a lengthy process, and maybe hide or disable the other button. Of course, it's late, I've been banging on this for hours trying to get MC to sync correctly as it was doing until .294, so maybe I'm just groggy.

I have about 9300 files to sync, restoring what was wiped by the iTunes reinitialize. MC is now uploading them, averaging maybe 2.7MB/sec, estimating 12 hours remaining. Time for bed!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 09:31:50 am »

There are several hot-keys that only work in standard view, but not in Theater View. These are the hot-keys for switching between Audio Mode, Images Mode, Movie Mode, etc. (all the ones that use Alt + number). When using a remote in Theater View, it would be very nice to have these hot-keys functional. It would also be nice to have a hot-key for Weather and News.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
2 new tagging bugs
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 01:32:27 am »

Related to http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41739.0

For images I've got 6 panes for sorting: Genre, People, Places Events, Year, Month;

1. bug
Leaving every selection empty, selecting one image only and clicking F4 (Enable Tagging Mode) shows the checkbox in Month and Places only - missing for checkbox for Genre, People and Events?
[I'll tried again to find checkboxes in every pane now? - what did I do different??]
[Maybe it's that they are hidden? please see http://pix01.com/D9@6VEB]

2. bug
Selecting "Unassigned" for Genre, then selecting one image, clicking back on the "Unassigned" and pressing F2 wants to tag all files instead of the selected one.

thx

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 12:53:35 am »

When I delete a library it disappears from the menu in MC but the directory still exists on the disk with all the files.

Also, I upgraded another PC running an older version of MC12 (I guess build 279 ish) to 294 and there is no Netflix under video web media. My server that has been upgraded more often does have the Netflix Web Media option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up