INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, music won't play  (Read 1452 times)

musicmanuk

Help, music won't play
« on: September 09, 2007, 07:11:36 am »

I have tried Media Center for a few days and found it not to my liking. So I removed it from my PC. But it has left ALL my music some 9700 tracks as MediaCenter.12 files. Which means I cannot play them at all, with it telling me I have to try and look on the web for a program.
How Can I get them back to iTune format? Or am I going to basically have to be blackmailed into buying MediaCenter so I can listen to all my music?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help, music won't play
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 07:16:24 am »

I have tried Media Center for a few days and found it not to my liking. So I removed it from my PC. But it has left ALL my music some 9700 tracks as MediaCenter.12 files. Which means I cannot play them at all, with it telling me I have to try and look on the web for a program.
How Can I get them back to iTune format? Or am I going to basically have to be blackmailed into buying MediaCenter so I can listen to all my music?
rightclick on one of those files, choose open with, then: choose programm, enable always use the selected program to open this kind of file, and choose itunes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 07:21:29 am »

I have tried Media Center for a few days and found it not to my liking.

Can you provide any details about what you don't like?  It could be helpful. 

Thanks.

musicmanuk

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 08:40:01 am »

Thanks for the replies. I have just noticed another snag, and this is also a biggie. It has left all the artwork in .12 files. I have tried using photoshop but that still leaves them in .12 files. Even rick clicking and open with doesn't change them back to JPEG.

It's problems like this that are bug bears to me. if you remove a program it shouldn't leave behind traces so you have to scrabble around to change them back, it should go back to default programs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 09:26:14 am »

MC doesn't make files with a .12 extension.  You may have something else going on.

Please read about file extensions on google.  You can set them any way you want.

They can be set from Explorer.  Tools/Folder Options/File Types. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up