INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.332  (Read 13571 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.332
« on: September 27, 2007, 09:15:44 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120332.exe

12.0.332 (09/25/07)

1. Fixed: Shoutcast / ICY streams would not play properly from some servers.
2. Fixed: iPod video's not syncing correctly (introduced in 12.0.331).
3. Fixed: FLAC files would not advance to the next track.

12.0.331 (09/21/07)

1. Fixed: Smartlist option to set notes of playlist wasn't formatting text properly.
2. NEW: Added three Web Media featured websites; Digitally Imported, Sky.FM, & Internode.
3. Fixed: mpg video would not play using Nero filters. Introduced in build 12.0.330.
4. NEW: Added FLAC playback and encoder support. Thanks Scthom!
5. Fixed: iPods not getting correctly identify under Vista.
6. Fixed: New iPod nanos and classics not working correctly under Vista.
7. Fixed: Cover art now shows up in right pane on new iPods display.
8. Changed: Temporary files are now stored in the JRiver application data folder instead of the temporary folder. (allows better support when running with very restrictive privileges)

12.0.330 (09/20/07)

1. Fixed: Reading cover art from files with Chinese characters did not work.
2. Fixed: Direct Sound settings dialog could cut off some text.
3. Fixed: Double-click / enter in the customize toolbar dialog was not moving buttons between the lists.
4. Fixed: Pix01 Action Window edit boxes now use ActionWindow - EditTextColor and EditBackColor.  (Default to TextColor and BackColor.)
5. NEW: TV allows Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 devices to use non-hardware encoded format for time-shifting.
6. Fixed: Auto-sizing columns could use incorrect sizes. (only applies to the last few builds)
7. Changed: Improved pre-buffering when playing time-shifted TV over a slow connection.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.332
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 09:24:59 am »

4. NEW: Added FLAC playback and encoder support. Thanks Scthom!

So no more installing the plugin?  Amazing!  Thanks a lot scthom for your hard work!  You are truly supporting the open-source codec!

I saw the MC thread and thought....that's a new version!!  But they're not due out for 4 days or so based on their history.

Added: and now someone at J River can keep tabs on when scthom releases a new version and it can be added with little effort--and we all benefit.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 10:05:12 am »

bug report/feature request - theater view navigation by way of keyboard directional keys (and mouse for that matter) does not appear to work when audio analysis is running (or even if the audio analysis window is open but not running).i have not tested it using a remote control but because i use USB-UIRT and HIP to just convert IR codes to keystrokes I doubt that would make a difference.

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 01:50:01 pm »

Hi!

When Clicking Audio, then changing the drop down changing view from "Panes" to Artists takes a long time to refresh with a large collection, longer than the same view below the pages (which also often shows thumbnails in the same way).

even if the view is set to details, it also takes a long time to refresh. Not used this previously so have no comparative for you, but it took in excess of 60 seconds to draw for me (34000/2100 track/album collection)

Could the details view be changes to a list time windows explorer view where multiple columns are built to use the space efficiently?

Alternatively, could there be a fewature where you can add a thumbnail/photo of the artist, rather than using a thumnail of one of the coverart by the artist? If this is not possible / not going to be implemented could we be able to select which album cover to use?

Thanks

Rich
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 03:34:49 pm »

BUG:  Version 332 aborts with "run time error" as soon as I click on the video tab in theater view.

Reproducable ??

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 04:10:57 pm »

BUG:  Version 332 aborts with "run time error" as soon as I click on the video tab in theater view.

Reproducable ??
It works here.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 04:18:06 pm »

May well be related to my still onging struggles to play back video (mp4) files on MC12. The bleeding thing still asks for Quicktime and ignores the installed directshow filters...  Well, one day I may finally get all my media working to play back on ONE software pack  :D

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 05:20:42 pm »

hi,

i have the option "play option:play playing now" set.

in theater view (playing now) after you press "stop" the screen play button does not work, and play only works from the keyboad if you have a track on the screen highlighted.

It works fine in standard view playing now.

Richard

rjm

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 06:01:31 pm »

Reproducable ??

Try changing Options\Theater View\Advanced\File Caption to [] and see if the problem goes away.

If yes, it may confirm a problem we found yesterday with null captions.

rjm

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 06:34:24 pm »

Column auto-sizing...

Build 318 auto-sizing worked to perfection in my opinion.

I read about 329 auto-sizing being broken so I never installed it.

332 claims to have fixed auto-sizing again so I just tried it. I am seeing columns being truncated again.

Please put it back just the way you had it in 318.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 03:52:23 am »

Express install didn't prompt for reboot, yet reboot was necessary to finalise installation.

Long standing-bug:  When using Track Info visualisations, if you press STOP, the playing now panel clears.  If you then press PLAY, the track starts, and the Track Info template is displayed but none of its fields are populated leaving a broken playing now display.

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 05:47:23 am »

The Last.fm plugin does not remember the setting: 'Run The Plugin When Media Center Starts' between installations.  Last two installations I have had to recheck it manually and I only remember to do so when I notice my tracks haven't scrobbled.

Mark

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 06:20:55 am »

A Big Thanks for including the FLAC plugin. I was getting very frustrated. This should probably be sent to Scthom but I'm wondering if the current MC FLAC plugin still uses FLAC 1.14 now that FLAC 1.21 is out. If not will it be updated at some point. I believe that the latest FLAC version encodes more quickly.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 07:12:08 am »

:'( There still seems to be an issue with broken cover art and the Ipod (classic?)

see this thread for details: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42712.0

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 08:09:15 am »

When I installed 332 on Vista I hit a few minor snags.

First, after installing the Program Compatibility Assistant window popped up saying "This program might not have installed correctly". I went ahead and clicked the "This program installed correctly" option, hopefully MC will work fine.

Second, after MC started a security warning/approval popup appeared. I accepted it, but it would be nice if this wasn't necessary everytime I start MC.

edbro

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 08:27:09 am »

When I installed 332 on Vista I hit a few minor snags.

First, after installing the Program Compatibility Assistant window popped up saying "This program might not have installed correctly". I went ahead and clicked the "This program installed correctly" option, hopefully MC will work fine
I think that happens when an installer gives the option to run the program after the install and the user says no. I use to see that quite often back in the dark days when I still had Vista loaded.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 11:48:39 am »

Two things which are often causing this version of MC (as well as earlier versions) to crash on Vista:

1) Rescaling the screen.  I have Trillian docked along one side of the screen.  When I click the button to minimize the docked window, MC12 will crash.  Also, when I connect to the Vista machine using the built in Desktop sharing and it has to rescale to match the client machinee, MC12 will crash. 

2) Disconnecting my Palm TX when either using Softick Card Export II to share the SD card as a USB drive OR connected using MTP through Pocket Tunes 4.0.3.  It seems I can connect once consistently but the second time it often crashes when disconnecting.

In all cases I'm running MC windowed (i.e. not fullscreen) and in client mode connected to a MC12 server elsewhere on my LAN.  Both client and server are running the same version.  The crashes are the fullblown 'Media Center Application has stopped working' failures.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 11:52:47 am »

#1 may be a video driver problem.  I don't know on #2.

Please start a new thread, try MC logging and look for crash in the file.  Post the last lines before it.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 02:35:01 pm »

I think it's been mentioned but it's taking a LOT longer to switch to Pane view with build 12.0.332

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 04:26:32 pm »

I think it's been mentioned but it's taking a LOT longer to switch to Pane view with build 12.0.332

Yeah, I see this too.  It's not just pane, but all of the views suddenly take longer...

Mark

Letzebuerger

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 04:45:26 pm »

Hello

First of all I'd like to thank the team who was able to release in such a short time a new version compatible with the new iPods :)
Personally I'm using an iPod Classic black 160GB.

I used 12.0.329 on WinXP SP2 and it worked quite fine for Music, Video and Pictures.

But after I updated to 12.0.332 I was unable to synchronise new pictures. (Video was OK)
MC started synchronisation and then crashed completely after a few seconds.

I restarted MC and retried with no success.
So I decided to reinstall 12.0.329 and the synchronisation of pictures works fine again.

Just ask if you need any more informations.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 04:47:36 pm »

Please try installing 12.0.332 again.  That's not a known problem.

Letzebuerger

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 05:04:07 pm »

Hello Jim

I reinstalled MC 12.0.332 and the same problem re-appeared.
(I'm only synchronising 20 pictures. I also tried with other pictures with no success.)

Then I reinstalled MC 12.0.329 again and the sync was OK.

Very strange  ?

Eric

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 05:04:49 pm »

Thanks.  We'll double check.

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 07:07:12 pm »

I have reported this previously... but it is still here with 332.

I cannot submit track information for tracks in m4a. When you select submit to YADB it just says failed to play x  then followed by a seperate failed to submit information dialogue. Is this a known behaviour, or just my system? I have QuickTime 7 installed, and playing the files back is no problem.

I have the system configured to put album art in the files and store it in the directory.

Thanks

Richard

Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »

The following is in Vista, haven't tried XP in a week or so.

I'm getting a lot of crashes with 332 when syncing to my iPOD. I just turned on loggin and am trying again. I'll send the logs when I repro.

Also, the bug regarding syncing Podcasts still exists. That is, in the sync options, if you choose any of the Podcasts at the bottom of the Sync List tree, then ALL media is queued to sync (for me, that's 16000 files).

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 05:09:54 am »

Try changing Options\Theater View\Advanced\File Caption to [] and see if the problem goes away.

If yes, it may confirm a problem we found yesterday with null captions.

Yes , changing File Caption to []  fixed the problem!

BBrip

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 05:15:13 am »

Any chance to get a freely configurabel News feed implemented in one of the next releases? I would prefer to have a German news feed rather than the US google and Yahoo feeds.  Maybe there is a special reason why they are "hardcoded" today, but it certainly limits the usefullness of this tool for international users.

Cheers
BBrip

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 05:44:51 am »

Any chance to get a freely configurabel News feed implemented in one of the next releases? I would prefer to have a German news feed rather than the US google and Yahoo feeds.  Maybe there is a special reason why they are "hardcoded" today, but it certainly limits the usefullness of this tool for international users.

YESSSS  from another "international" user, as me :
=> News in French should be nice !!
Jean-Max

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 08:05:28 am »

"Cannot load plug-in.

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Plugins\in_flac.dll"

I have tried uninstalling MC from the system twice (once removing library files as well) and re-booting before install.
I was unable to install in_flac plug-in with previous versions either, but hoped the new integrated plugin would remedy this. Apparently not.

What else can I try?
I need this machine to play flac, it constitutes more than 1/2 of my library and I wish to use this machine as my central playback unit.

Help . . . . please

(my other machine had no issues with this install; one Vista, one XP, and one W2K)

Media Center Registered 12.0.332 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 120 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81.4968 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 5.0.3900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 09:45:19 am »

Please start a new thread on the flac plugin problem.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 10:16:02 am »

The following is in Vista, haven't tried XP in a week or so.

I'm getting a lot of crashes with 332 when syncing to my iPOD. I just turned on loggin and am trying again. I'll send the logs when I repro.

Also, the bug regarding syncing Podcasts still exists. That is, in the sync options, if you choose any of the Podcasts at the bottom of the Sync List tree, then ALL media is queued to sync (for me, that's 16000 files).

A bit more on this...it seems the crash happens every time when I'm trying to sync photos. Music, Podcasts, and Audio books work fine, however.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 12:07:07 pm »

I don't know if this is specific to this build .332 but when I try to do a tag calculation with a name that has extended characters like é or ñ  the calculation results in an emtpy field.

For instance I have two user fields [track name] = Quiéro and [artist name]= [José]

and I want to convert the name field to =[track name] ~ [artist name] this results in a blank field.

However Search and replace does seem to work. so I can search é and replace with e.

Can you look into the equation problem?

thanks

udeups

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 01:35:23 pm »

I posted this in the last.fm plugin thread, but haven't heard back:

I just verified that on my client library, putting filename="[FILENAME]" in the search box returns 0 results.

Looks like MC isn't handling the remote filename format in the way expected by that search?

As an example, the filename for a file on the client library view is:

m01p://pauld.dyndns.org:81/D:\Audio\Music\!!!\!!!\01 - The Step.mp3

The filename for that same file on the server library is of course:

D:\Audio\Music\!!!\!!!\01 - The Step.mp3

Looks like this behavior is still present in the 12.0.332 version. Have you heard anything from JRiver about this issue? Also, what the reason for the filename="[FILENAME]" filter in the last.fm plugin?

Any ideas on what changed with the filename search criteria that broke the last.fm plugin filter from client libraries?

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 04:35:17 pm »

When adding cover art to FLAC files, this build is significantlt slower to refresh than prior builds.

I have been using MC for a long time, almost always with the most recent build.

My usual practice is to rip a disc into FLAC, import into MC, update tags if needed, then go to Amazon for cover art.
I right click, copy, then go to MC and select "Paste from clipboard".

It still goes through the updating tag pop up message quickly, but the text at the bottom of the screen takes much longer to go thru the "updating tags" messages.  Until this completes, the image does not appear above for quite a bit, while it used to be almost instantaneous.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 08:15:31 pm »

Notice they added built-in FLAC codecs.  There are probably a few bugs that need worked out.  I'll postpone my CD ripping until the next build in case something isn't quite right.

This is a great move, though, because I won't have to manually go download two files and install them whenever I install fresh MC.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 08:14:35 am »

I found one more problem in 332 (don't know if it existed before). After running MC for about 1 full day, I happened to check memory usage in Task Manager and noticed it was using about 1.4GB (yes, giga) in virtual memory. This is in Vista, so it's labeled "Commit Size" in Task Manager nowadays.

I closed MC and then started it up and noticed something further. MC was using about 15% of CPU and continuously increasing virtual memory usage. This went on for about 1 minute when the CPU usage stopped and the virtual memory usage leveled out at about 260MB. This was before I had played anything.

The only thing I can think that MC might have been doing was an auto import, as I do have the setting enabled. Why and when it continues to increase from 260MB to over 1GB, I don't know.

If there's any other diagnosing I can do, please let me know.

dgoodrie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2007, 10:13:51 pm »

If the album has multiple artists per track mp3 then the album comes up missing under the Media Center Album Artist (Auto) pane. :(
HP M9200T Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz, 3gb, GF 8600 GT 512mb
Dell 3000 Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 2gb
HP DV9700T Intel T9300 Duo 2 2.5gz, 3gb, GF 8600 GS 512mb

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 09:26:49 am »

re: codecs

It would be great if JR could find someway to incorporate/redistribute one of the nice codec collections listed at www.free-codecs.com.  I personally use the stuff from www.codecguide.com but there are plenty others around.

I think that JR should concentrate on MC development and 'simply' (you know it's never as simple as that!) hook into the codec collections that are already being compiled by others.

JONCAT

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 04:12:26 pm »

Quick Search returns "zero results" when I select Audio & choose Quick Search in any type of Tiles mode. This only works in Pane mode? Shouldn't it display the Tiles of the albums which contain the search parameters?

FYI - the Quick Search allows voice recognition input from Vista Voice Recognition but the "normal" search bar does not.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.332 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Core 2 1594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4118 MB, Free - 2429 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16512 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  AutoSkypeMute (Active)
Pages: [1]   Go Up