INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art - Finding It in the Cover Art folder - Enhancement  (Read 1903 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover Art - Finding It in the Cover Art folder - Enhancement
« on: November 05, 2007, 11:04:06 pm »

I bring in cover art through various methods and create an individual jpg (in the cover art folder) for each album as well as place it in the mp3 file. 

However, when I get a new song from an album for which I already have cover art, there seems to be no way to access the cover art folder and simply use the cover art that is already there.  Unless I am missing something (which has certainly happenned before), I suggest a menu option be added to the cover art options that looks for cover art in the cover art folder.
John

gappie

Re: Cover Art - Finding It in the Cover Art folder - Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 05:28:14 am »

have you tried: right click on the song>cover art>quick find in file/coverart directory?
otherwise you could select a song with the coverart you want coverart>copy to clipboard. select the song >paste from clipboard.

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:52:49 am »

While the function exists it could really use some enhancement.

MC doesn't pull an image for cover art, from the folder, if there is more than one image.

It would be helpful if there existed some default keywords like "front" "1" etc. to help MC grab the correct file, or simply take the oldest or newest .jpg file in the folder if there are more than one.

IIRC, MC will grab cover art eben if the file is NOT named folder.jpg, but if only one image file exists in the folder; quite often there are many image files stored e.g. booklets, inserts, liner notes.

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:56:04 am »

MC can find the correct image from the defined cover art folder if the filename follows the rule [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album].jpg.

Naturally it is not possible to have two or more identically named image files in the same folder, so if the media library contains more than one album with exactly the same Album Artist (auto) and Album tags only one of the albums can follow the cover art naming rule. The rest of the albums must use a different cover art filename. I have over two thousand complete albums and I haven't stumbled on such a case, but I guess something like "(Multiple Artists) - Best Of.jpg" could be possible.

Personally, I moved my [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album].jpg images to the album folders about a year before the "Next to file" option was available in MC. Back then I just linked the files manually from the album folders. I like to keep everything that is related to the album in the same folder. Besides the basic front cover art I usually scan the other art elements and liner notes. I also save the rip logs and various other document files, like web pages (reviews, the album's wiki page etc) in the album folders. I have these all imported and properly tagged in my library.

I just uploaded a short video, which among other things, demonstrates how I use my scanned art images in a slideshow during music playback: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43289.msg295478#msg295478
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 01:05:47 pm »

The Options in the latest MC version have [Artist] - [Album].jpg listed as the option. I don't have any files on this machine yet to test what it's really naming them as.

My previous post was meant to apply to images stored in unique folders, next to files.

In my experience, as I said, MC is not able to "find" alternately named files which usually include "front" or "1"; if there are more than two files, and none are named folder.jpg, MC won't pull any file for cover art. Maybe this has changed in recent builds.

thanks for the vid....I'll check it out.

I had been storing all cover art in a 2nd, copied, location to use Picasa to show albums as a screensaver.

DC

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:52:41 am »

I support DC's idea of a user defined keyword like "front" (options, i.e. [CAselector]). The rule to automatically select the correct coverart file for an album could be [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] - [CAselector].jpg

I generally have several coverart files for every of my albums (front, back, inside, ...). It's quite time consuming to tag every ripped album with the specific coverart filename. Especially now, when the function '|Cover Art| |Add From File|' behaves faulty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up