INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filters on MJ12  (Read 1541 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Filters on MJ12
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:35:55 pm »

How do I access the filters on MJ12?
Thanks,
tlcmd

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Filters on MJ12
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:37:46 pm »

Tools/Options/Playback/Video/Directshow

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 04:14:31 pm »

I must be dense, but I got to "tools", "Options", and "playback", but there's no "video" on my "Media Jukebox 12". I want to find the filters for audio so i won't be playing Christmas music the year around.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:40:31 pm »

Sorry, you can't change Directshow filters in MJ12.

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 06:44:35 pm »

Does this mean I cannot "deselect" music such as "Christmas" from other playing lists as I could in MJ8?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 08:37:13 am »

No, it doesn't! It looked like you are asking for some filters used to play music or video in your first post. But now I see what you mean. There are many ways to do what you want, especially in MJ12!

First suggestion:
Right click on "audio" at the tree pane on the left and select "edit view scheme". In „Step 4“ you can specify, which files are shown when you chose „audio“. If you have all your Christmas Songs are assigned to the genre “Christmas” you may paste “-[Genre]=[Christmas]” into the field. To show ONLY Christmas Songs just delete the “-“ before “[Genre]”.

Second suggestion:
You may leave the audio scheme as it is, so it shows all your files including Christmas Songs. You can right click on “Audio” and select “add view scheme”. You may leave “Step 1” blank for the beginning (play around here to see how it works). In “Step 2” clear “Auto-name” and name it “No Christmas Songs”. You can leave “Step 3” as it is and paste “-[Genre]=[Christmas]” in “Step 4”. Click OK.
Now, if you expand the Audio tree by clicking the right small arrow, you see the new entrie “No Christmas Songs”. Going there, all your audio files are shown except the Christmas songs.

Third suggestion (as I would do it):
Most of the time you don’t want to see and hear Christmas Songs. So do it as I described in my first suggestion. Then (as in second suggestion) add a view scheme BUT name it “Including Christmas Songs” in Step 2, deselect “Honor parent scheme search strings” in “Step 3” and clean the field in “Step 4”.
Now you can see all files EXCEPT Christmas Songs if you click on “Audio” and see all files including Christmas songs if you select “Including Christmas Songs”

Maybe you like to do all this via Smartlists. If you want to, just right click on “Playlists” at the tree pane and select “add smartlist…”. It’s very easy to setup, give it a try!

Hope this helped...
Pages: [1]   Go Up