INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.410  (Read 21864 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.410
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:52:44 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120410.exe

12.0.410 (1/10/2008)

1. NEW: Double-clicking a filter entry on "Choose DirectShow Filters" window brings out the filter's property pages.
2. Changed: CD volume names are now "cleaned up" (capitalization, spacing, articles at end, etc.).
3. Changed: Updated German language file.

12.0.409 (1/09/2008)

1. Fixed: TV time-shifting data was not deleted when user choosed to discard the data.
2. Fixed: Stopping a time-shifting digital channel that was started with "Start digital TV in time-shifting mode" took unnecessary steps (introduced in build 401).
3. Fixed: Track Info "Show Cover Art When Small" and "Display Scrollbar" options were not triggering.
4. NEW: Interface plugin and TV Tuner views have a view header with navigation, title, and (optionally) tabs.
5. Fixed: When closing a tab, the view header wouldn't update nicely. (only applies to 408)
6. Changed: Removed podcast size error detection (some feeds were completely wrong about size).
7. NEW: Added the ability to group by any field.
8. Fixed: Google video was not allowing downloads.
9. NEW: DirectShow filter selection is now zone-specific. (Your previous non-zone-specific settings become the default settings if you do not configure them for a given zone).
10. Changed: Removed the confirmation after dismissing the DirectShow Filters Selection dialog.
11. Changed: Some miscellaneous changes in DirectShow Filter Selection dialog window.

12.0.408 (1/08/2008)

1. Fixed: Formatting a decimal number while showing no decimal places would not properly round the integer. (only applies to 407)
2. Fixed: Skin effects would not save properly. (only applies to 407)
3. Changed: When sorting date fields the "empty last" change from build 407 will not be applied, otherwise empty dates act like the newest date.
4. Fixed: The last item would not always draw the "Image (large thumbnail)" column correctly.
5. Changed: When switching between thumbnails and details, the list does a better job of showing the same files as before the switch.
6. Fixed: After switching out of Split View > Tabs, the player could crash when navigating.
7. Fixed: When using tabs, the thumbnail size slider would not update with list mode changes.
8. Fixed: Switching between split view modes would update the current view correctly.
9. NEW: Merged tab and non-tab view headers so things like breadcrumbs can be shown with tabs enabled.
10. Changed: When auto-sizing tabs when there is not enough space to show the text, the current tab will not be shortened.
11. Changed: Better message when trying to delete a feed that cannot be deleted due to something downloading.
12. Changed: Added hints for UPnP clients for seeking within a file.

12.0.407 (1/07/2008)

1. Changed: Page Up / Page Down moves the selection in a list when the Action Window has the focus.
2. Fixed: Switching list groupings would select all files.
3. Fixed: When going back to a panes view (using the back command) the previous pane selection was not preserved.
4. Fixed: When changing the directory rule in "Rename Files From Properties" the preview list would not update.
5. Fixed: Podcasts were not saving internal cover art.
6. Changed: When grouping by albums, albums by the same artist are sorted by year then album name.
7. Fixed: Grouping could get applied to views that were already grouped like album thumbnails.
8. Optimized: Improved internal string performance, which helps performance everywhere in the program.
9. Changed: When sorting numeric fields, the "sort empty strings last" option will be honored.
10. Fixed: Handheld images for iPod models MB249 and MB253 were switched.
11. Fixed: The image printing wizard using non-bordless printing could crop a little of the output.
12. Fixed: When browsing stacks of grouped fields (like artist: a-c, d-f, etc.) doing a double-click to go in would show an empty view.
13. Changed: Right-click on pane headers didn't work properly when the panes were on the side of the view.
14. Fixed: A view scheme that looks at file location would show a "This Folder" entry at the root that didn't work or make sense.
15. NEW: MOV file type is added to DirectShow playback types.

12.0.406 (1/04/2008)

1. Fixed: Spectrum analyzers in the player area were not working (only applies to build 405).

12.0.405 (1/04/2008)

1. NEW: Rewrote how "Image (large thumbnail)" column works -- now leaves space for all images to be the same size when grouped, allows sizing art to any size (resize the header), draws nice stacks when child files have varying art, etc.
2. NEW: When switching list grouping (available in view title menu, etc.), the large thumbnail column is automatically inserted / removed.
3. Changed: Updated copyright at the bottom of the about box to 2008.
4. Changed: Further tuning to ClearType to proper alpha text conversion.
5. Changed: Reworked image slideshow pan + zoom so that the panning motion is always smooth (previously could take turns when reaching extremes of screen).
6. Changed: Pop-up error box about "remote control receiver not connected.." includes option to not show again.
7. Fixed: Vis Studio visualizations wouldn't handle YEAR substitution correctly.
8. Changed: "wav" type is now unchecked by default in DirectShow playback types list (previously checked but ignored).
9. Changed: "wav" type is played in DirectShow instead of the internal WAV plugin if the user chooses to do so.
10. NEW: Added "evo" and "m2ts" to DirectShow video playback types list.
11. NEW: Added "DirectShow Filters" submenu for DirectShow Audio playback.
12. Changed: When right-clicking a column header, the column that was right-clicked is added to the top of the menu so it's easier to remove a column.
13. Changed: When doing Clean File Properties > Lower Case All Letters no longer still capitalizes all caps words like DJ or CD.
14. Fixed: Pane auto-sizing was not leaving room for tagging mode checkboxes.
15. NEW: Visualization/Track Info Plug-ins receive data for their zone, not the current zone.
16. Fixed: Visualization/Track Info plug-ins receive the correct data when multiple copies of MC (or MC/MJ) are running.
17. Change: Moved "DirectShow Filters" submenu for DVD, video, TV playback types to the same location as that for DirectShow Audio playback.
18. NEW: Added "Keywords" grouping available in image views (remember that this can make the same image show under multiple groupings).
19. Optimized: Improved internal performance of trees and lists in some cases.
20. Fixed: Removed ugly back padding on non-square album art on new iPods
21. Fixed: Several handheld options not getting saved (including Eject mode for iPods)

12.0.404 (12/31/2007)

1. Changed: When running in English, Alt+F+X will close the program instead of export playlists.
2. Changed: Tuned how ClearType text is converted to proper alpha text to create a less bold result. (applies to tooltips, Theater View, etc.)
3. Changed: Right-click on Display with audio playing shows display plugins at the root of the menu instead of nested under "Set Display".
4. Changed: Moved DVD screengrab right-click commands to the "DVD Options" submenu.
5. Fixed: Doing a right-click "Rename" in the panes on a non-selected item would edit the selected item instead of the item that was right-clicked.
6. Changed: Shift + Up / Shift + Down did not multi-selected in the panes.
7. Fixed: Panes did not update immediately when switching skins.
8. Fixed: Picking an equalizer preset did not immediately apply the change.
9. Changed: Smartlists will always be shown in the same order that they are synced to a device.
10. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks JohnnyB).
11. Fixed: Small cover art images were getting skewed on new iPods.
12. Fixed: Cover art was getting scrambled on new iPods when using iTunes and MC alternately.
13. Fixed: TiVo and UPnP Servers may not work with different languages.
14. NEW: Panes can be optionally set to show on the left or right of library views.
15. Changed: Panes do not allocate space for tagging mode checkboxes until files are selected.
16. Changed: Updated copyright to 2008.
17. Optimized: Improved pane performance.
18. Changed: Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory now works for video files.
19. Changed: During import of video files, cover art quick find is used just like it is for audio.
20. Fixed: Track Info now displays for cue files.
21. Changed: Handheld view is no longer affected by global access filter.

12.0.403 (12/26/2007)

1. Fixed: Loading a database could sporadically fail or take more memory than necessary.
2. Fixed: Importing images with no album would use the full date (with time) as the album instead of only the date.

12.0.402 (12/26/2007)

1. Changed: Revised the in-place edit saving logic so tabbing through multiple files does not save a value unless it is changed.
2. Changed: Added more logging to database loading.
3. Changed: Slightly tuned the "Remove broken links: Yes (protect network files)" logic to better handle files manually deleted by a user.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.410
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:54:21 pm »

Thanks a lot!  I saw this thread JUST as you posted it before you stickied it.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:15:49 pm »

The installer downloads and (tries to...) install the "KB902344 MTP Hotfix" from Microsoft for Windows Media DRM problems. This fix should only be installed for Windows Media Player 10 on Windows XP (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902344/EN-US/)!
On Windows 2000 the installer hangs and has to be canceled with task manager, the previous installation of MC12 is destroyed. I reinstalled 12.0404...

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 05:35:15 pm »

In a view (such as audio), if you group by "album" or whatever and then immediately switch back to no grouping, the columns/view is lost and reset to the default.

Can this default be changed globally?

Addition: I noticed the large thumbnails can now be larger than they could before.  I like that!

rjm

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 06:33:32 pm »

A very impressive release. Thanks!

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 07:10:56 pm »

1) Using WMP Engine for video: any videos played from CD/DVD or network drives are misinterpreted as being streamed ("Live") and therefore won't seek or pause.

2) MC12 does not recognize Realtek 7.1 HD Audio under Vista as multichannel-capable.  MC12 is the only program I have installed that behaves this way (WMP11, Zoomplayer, VLC, MplayerClassic, Sony Vegas all recognize multiple channels).  Happens in DirectSound or Wave output modes, regardless if Vista "audio enhancements" are completely disabled.  Also does not matter if the Microsoft or native Realtek drivers are used.  Manifests in these ways:
   a) DSP Studio cannot expand stereo music to > 2 channels audio - an error occurs on playback.
   b) Multichannel .wma, .dts, etc. files play in stereo, with all channels mixed to the front L/R.
   c) Selecting any pair of outputs in a zone configuration mixes all zones to the front L/R, ignoring any other speakers and rendering zones useless.

Thanks,

-Doug

the-order

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »

Thank you so much for this! I love this look using the artist field. Keep up the excellent work.

jasonod

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 08:33:48 pm »

I purchased the upgrade to MC 12 within the program.  After I closed the MC 12 down and it came back up, it still said I was in the trial period.  I thought it would automatically come back up as "paid".  Do I need to use (waste) a restore or is there another way.  Is this a bug in the system?

jasonod

rjm

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 09:31:16 pm »

All is not well with 12.0.410...

For as long as I can remember I have used the following procedure for updating MC:

1) Run Auto-Import Now (This is my improvised media and database integrity check. When auto-import completes and reports that no changes were detected I know that nothing unintentional has changed in either my media files or library data).

2) Backup library.

3) Install update.

4) Repeat step 1 and confirm no changes.

For many (50+) builds this procedure has not resulted in any surprises..... until today with 12.0.410.

Step 4 reported that the library was updated to match external changes for 16,180 files (12% of my library), and then proceeded to rebuild 16,180 thumbnails. Yikes!

I do not see any patterns within the "changed files" reported by the detailed auto-import report.
They include almost every file type including jpg, mp3, txt, doc, pdf, tif, wma, mht, avi, etc. They also occur in many different directories and on several different drives.

It also looks like MC re-filled empty Name and Artist fields for some of the files (as it would if the file was being imported for the first time). This means my library is now a complete mess with no easy way to figure out what has been changed.

I am reverting to 12.0.404 and restoring my library backup until this gets sorted out.

[edit] I compared all of my media files against my backup and confirmed that not one file has actually changed.

[edit2] Restore to 12.0.404 went smoothly. Auto-import now behaves as expected and does not find any changed files.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 09:49:51 pm »

I purchased the upgrade to MC 12 within the program.  After I closed the MC 12 down and it came back up, it still said I was in the trial period.  I thought it would automatically come back up as "paid".  Do I need to use (waste) a restore or is there another way.  Is this a bug in the system?
Odd.  Please try a restore.  Start a new thread if you have trouble.

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 10:30:42 am »

Hello !

2 Gooood surprises with this last version :

-(1)-
In Video thumbnail mode :
Right click / Covert Art / Quick Find in File - Cover Art Directory /

The cover art is immediatly copied from the picture in jpg mode, witch is in the video folder and has the same name as the video file !!

=> Is that the fine result of my request in this post ?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42748.msg302197#msg302197

Thanks for all : it's perfect for me :)

Note  for all J River MC users:
you will see how it's easy, each time you add a video file to the library, to copy, a couple of files :
- the video file
- and it's cover (modify it's original name, to match with the video filename)

(When you download on the net an HD demo or trailer file, usually, you find the picture cover in the same link)

-(2)-
I noticed also a good thing :

When, with Vista, you use " Enhanced Video Renderer", you can now "Use screen grab for the Thumbnail"
It was not possible before in "Enhanced Video Renderer", only possible in the other Render modes

Many Thanks :)

Jean-Max

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 10:53:45 am »

Small thing regarding

13. Changed: When doing Clean File Properties > Lower Case All Letters no longer still capitalizes all caps words like DJ or CD.

I like (I assume that it also applies to Title Case which is the reason I use clean file properties! One thing it does not handle yet is names such as O'Rourke or O'Donnell which become O'rourke and O'donnell respectively. Oh the times I've changed O'rourke to O'Rourke (I run clean file properties more than I need to...).

EDIT: also, roman numerals such as VI becomes Vi, and US/UK as in US version, UK version becomes Us Uk. Us is of course a word in its own right so we'd only want that fully capitalised together with e.g. version...
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 11:06:47 am »

Versions 410 and 403 now no longer download from the Engadget HD podcast. Perhaps because of a change on the feed, but FeedDemon deals with this feed without any problem.

The URL of the feed is: http://www.engadgethd.com/category/podcasts/rss.xml

dtabuenc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 11:08:13 am »

I had the same issue with it updating library to match 12,000 external changes after an auto-import with 12.0.410.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 12:13:52 pm »

A simple but annoying one - when I click on New Playlist the playlist is created - but instead of the name being highlighted for a period so that it can be renamed it flickers once and then greys out to "New Playlist" in the tree so that I have to right click it to rename it.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 02:09:25 pm »

12.0.405 (1/04/2008)

7. Fixed: Vis Studio visualizations wouldn't handle YEAR substitution correctly.

Well, yes and no. Now it appears to be pulling info from the DATE field, which is having issues as noted in this thread. And it is happening to all vizs, custom or canned.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 06:25:34 pm »

If I change library or do a library restore, it changes all views to the start page.
Is it meant to do this?  It's quite frustrating, and seems a little odd considering it can keep all of them across a shut down and restart.

Thank you for the ability to group by any field :D all it needs now is the ability to manually set the headings...

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 10:55:58 am »

I had the same issue with it updating library to match 12,000 external changes after an auto-import with 12.0.410.

Same thing here - not sure if it was intended, but after doing an import now, it showed 45,000 files that needed update, and I needed to rebuild all thumbnails.

rjm

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 12:12:53 pm »

Same thing here - not sure if it was intended, but after doing an import now, it showed 45,000 files that needed update, and I needed to rebuild all thumbnails.

Just so everyone is clear on the implications of this. For files that do not store tags internally (like avi, pdf, txt) MC may update some fields which may result in changes to your library that you do not want. Be careful.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 05:55:40 pm »

Since this build (12.0.410) MC does not preserve changes of Brightness and Contrast in Skin Effects anymore. I have to alter these settings everytime I restart MC.

A day without laughing is a day without living

tbob19

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 08:03:59 am »

If I have some music or a video playing and it starts importing new files the media stops playing.  ? Anyone else with this problem?

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 08:28:37 am »

If Media Center is muted (MC volume not windows) and stop is set to fade out, it puts the volume back up when stop is pressed to do the fade out.  Seem to remember it did this a long time ago when pause was pressed before stop (i.e. started playing again), but this was fixed.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 10:10:13 am »

Quote from: eba
If I right click on a playlist and select 'Edit in Action Window', it changes all of my tab names to that of the Playlist, until I click on another tab.

Cheers, this seems to be fixed now  :)
Just realised though that the same thing happens when doing an Edit View Scheme, and clicking OK.

evilhobo

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 07:04:55 pm »

i'm still using build 404 but i've noticed that the scheduler is off by an hour. according to change logs, this should have been fixed in version 400.

as an example, i have a recording scheduled for 12:45pm. My current system time is set to Australia Eastern Daylight Saving time and shows correctly as 11:45am. However, the scheduler reports "Waiting (2:00:00)". at 11:50am, I decided to investigate and changed the scheduled recording to 11:45am. The scheduler now reports "Waiting (55:00)", even though the system time is now after the scheduled recording. Changing to theatre view, i found that media center correctly reports the time as 11:50am, so this problem seems to be limited to the scheduler.

is it possible that the 'fix' introduced in build 400 is in fact causing this problem as i haven't noticed it prior to the update to 404.

having read the change log since 404, there doesn't seem to be a fix and having read the bug reports, i'm somewhat reluctant to update to 410.

MrHaugen

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 05:51:17 am »

(Might have been implemented in an earlier build, but I adding it here)

Just want to show my gratitude for implementing options for plain cover art agian.
The three options available are just enough, and well placed imo.
Thanks!
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 10:39:20 am »

9. Changed: When sorting numeric fields, the "sort empty strings last" option will be honored.

Not really seeing the point behind this one...
I have a smartlist ordering everything by [Number Plays], which now doesn't work properly unless I turn off Sort Empty Strings Last.

Surely for most numeric fields blank means 0?
Alternatively, could fields like Number Plays be set to show 0 rather than blank?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 11:02:57 am »

Using multiple tabbed view, clicking on a Tab causes the label to display the Tab's "state" (i.e. 'Pane', 'Artist', 'Album') rather than it's View Scheme title.
When un-selected it displays both the title & the state (i.e.: 'Audio: Pane') which is OK, but more space needs to be alloted to display the title on the selected Tab (or better yet IMO just eliminate the 'State' as I can see it so no label necessary).
. . . the game is rigged

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 12:19:33 pm »

DirectShow is very funny. I´m using now MC 12.0.410 and nothing is going better.

AC3 files are just played in stereo mode - no DD output over SPDIF possible.

I can use any filter or no filter, as long as AC3-filter is installed, MC is using just this one. I deinstalled AC3-Filter and MC is using the ffdshow filter - it is strange becouse no filter for AC-3 files are selected.   ? ? So nobody is able to select different filters for different files.

Will there be more support for DirectShow in the future?

Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 12:32:55 pm »

Since this build (12.0.410) MC does not preserve changes of Brightness and Contrast in Skin Effects anymore. I have to alter these settings everytime I restart MC.

Are you sure you have 410?  This should have been fixed in build 408, and only applied to build 407.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 03:11:18 pm »

Quote from: eba
If I right click on a playlist and select 'Edit in Action Window', it changes all of my tab names to that of the Playlist, until I click on another tab.
Cheers, this seems to be fixed now  :)
Just realised though that the same thing happens when doing an Edit View Scheme, and clicking OK.

Same thing also happens when adding a playlist to playing now, although only if something is playing.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 06:33:26 pm »

Can somebody of the JRiver team confirm this bug or am I the only one with this problem?

Update:
Sorry. I didn't notice Matt's post from yesterday.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 07:09:31 pm »

Ack - everything worked fine after it rebuilt all thumbnails.....but 2 days later I rebooted my pc.  When I started Media Center back up, it immediately crashed.  I started it again, and not it will not display thumbnails - everything is the generic music note image.

Any ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 08:31:42 pm »

DirectShow is very funny. I´m using now MC 12.0.410 and nothing is going better.

AC3 files are just played in stereo mode - no DD output over SPDIF possible.

I can use any filter or no filter, as long as AC3-filter is installed, MC is using just this one. I deinstalled AC3-Filter and MC is using the ffdshow filter - it is strange becouse no filter for AC-3 files are selected.   ? ? So nobody is able to select different filters for different files.

Will there be more support for DirectShow in the future?

Stefan

A bug was introduced in Build 409. Your selections are ignored due to this bug. The fix will appear in Build 415 or later.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 10:33:33 pm »

5. Changed: Reworked image slideshow pan + zoom so that the panning motion is always smooth (previously could take turns when reaching extremes of screen).

Thanks for this.  Any chance we can get the cross-fade to begin sooner, so it finishes before the panning of the previous image stops?  It's just not smooth as it is.

And why not add a Auto Panning Fade (smooth) Transition type to the Image Playback Configuration page instead of making people figure out the magic 'p' key, or finding it hidden in the Advanced Image Commands menu?  That way I could just set it and forget it.

-John

tbob19

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 03:52:51 am »

Last.fm will not scrobble tracks unless it is open in a column/tab. (it is set to run when Media Center is opened of course)

JONCAT

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 08:59:28 am »

Link has been dead all morning.

dC

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 09:01:09 am »

Link has been dead all morning.

dC
It works.  FTP may not be working for you.  You can substitute http for ftp at the beginning of the link.  Please start a new thread if you need more help.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2008, 10:35:54 am »

It seems MC will not save view scheme layouts properly when you try to have 2 tabs, one Tab with Panes on Top and the other with Panes on the Left. (does not matter if both show the same View Scheme or two diferent ones, MC seems to want all to have the same layout = tabs on top -or- tabs on side, but not a combination)

This also occurs when you try to have 2 tabs of the same View Scheme, one Tab with Details and another with Album Thumnails.

In either case, reverts upon restart so that both views show the same (Tabs on Top / Thumbs)
. . . the game is rigged

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 12:06:06 pm »

Are you sure you have 410?  This should have been fixed in build 408, and only applied to build 407.

Yes, I'm sure I have 410. I never noticed the problem until this build.

Update:
The problem still exists in build 414.

Update:
The problem still exists in build 416.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2008, 06:29:16 pm »

A bug was introduced in Build 409. Your selections are ignored due to this bug. The fix will appear in Build 415 or later.

Dear Yaobing, what does it mean later???. My atitude is to do always the best. MC should have the best DirectShow of all players. MC is a very usefull program but the future will be DirectShow for every different media files and contents.

p.s. now its snowing in TYROL

Stefan

Wake up and slow down 😴

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2008, 06:50:24 pm »

Dear Yaobing, what does it mean later???. My atitude is to do always the best. MC should have the best DirectShow of all players. MC is a very usefull program but the future will be DirectShow for every different media files and contents.

p.s. now its snowing in TYROL

Stefan

"Build 415 or later" means if we release 415, the fix will be in it, and if we do not release 415, then you will see the fix in a later build.

We are constantly improving DirectShow playback.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2008, 06:57:55 pm »

Yes, I'm sure I have 410. I never noticed the problem until this build.

Update:
The problem still exists in build 414.

I can confirm this for build 410 (using Vista & WinXP).

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 01:41:01 am »

Please decide yourself if this is a bug:

My library consists of three paths:
m:/my music
m:/my pictures
m:/my videos

I removed my videos from the auto import folders (temporarily) and run a auto import - so MC removed links that didnt exist on my videos any more.
Of course yes - I had remove broken links checked - but shouldn't it scan my music and my pictures only?

thx

rjm

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 01:46:26 am »

Please decide yourself if this is a bug:

My library consists of three paths:
m:/my music
m:/my pictures
m:/my videos

I removed my videos from the auto import folders (temporarily) and run a auto import - so MC removed links that didnt exist on my videos any more.
Of course yes - I had remove broken links checked - but shouldn't it scan my music and my pictures only?

thx

I think this behavior is correct. The auto-import folders specify the disk locations that MC looks for new or changed files. Remove broken links, on the other hand, scans your entire library looking for anything that no longer exists on the disk.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 07:05:22 am »

Remove broken links, on the other hand, scans your entire library looking for anything that no longer exists on the disk.

-- as does the "Update for external changes" option.

IMHO, this is a problem. It would be better if each defined import folder would have dedicated "cleaning" options. The global, library-wide behavior could be optional.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 10:58:06 am »

IMHO, this is a problem. It would be better if each defined import folder would have dedicated "cleaning" options. The global, library-wide behavior could be optional.

Would be nice cause I needed to check specific folders for changes only.

rjm

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 11:26:02 am »

I can't visualize why we would need this extra option. Can you give a scenario where someone would want to retain broken links in a specific folder?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 02:00:40 pm »

Unbelievable, but I didn't notice it up to now: Updating to 410 made me lose ALL my Comment & Genre Fields!! I'm right now reading all the infos back from filetags into MC Library, because the info is (for my luck) still in the files. I hope this works.

Is there a way to compare two library versions? If there is, I could compare the new library version (after re-reading the taginformation into the library) to the library version I backuped before updating to 410  ?

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 02:24:44 pm »

I can't visualize why we would need this extra option. Can you give a scenario where someone would want to retain broken links in a specific folder?

Here is mine: needed to check if my library is still valid - that I'am not missing a single file. The videos have been on a different disk which I had'nt access to. The whole scenario Is not from interest in this forum ... but as you see it would have been helpful to me.

rjm

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 11:40:09 pm »

Here is mine: needed to check if my library is still valid - that I'am not missing a single file. The videos have been on a different disk which I had'nt access to. The whole scenario Is not from interest in this forum ... but as you see it would have been helpful to me.

I believe your need is addressed by the auto-import option "Fix broken links: yes (protect network files)". With this option, any drive (external or network) that is not currently available is ignored. I use this all the time and it works great.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up