INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.421  (Read 7969 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.421
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:03:43 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120421.exe

12.0.421 (1/23/2008)

1. Changed: Menu bars no longer show a right-click to customize tooltip when a menu is open.
2. Changed: Drag-n-drop, tagging mode, in-place edit, etc. work better for view schemes built around a nested playlist group.
3. NEW: When editing list-type fields with the Action Window, in-place-edit, or panes, the list will be sorted alphabetically. (let us know if we missed any tagging methods)
4. Fixed: Grouping by fields under "More" would not always sort reliably. (grouping will need to be set again for views)
5. Changed: Editing a view scheme item of type "Search List" has a nicer interface.
6. Fixed: Theater View's search keypad would not respect the internal margins of the keys.
7. Changed: On a fresh install, Theater View was not correctly using the default views.
8. Changed: Theater View thumbnails are about 50% larger.
9. Fixed: "I'm" would sometimes be capitalized as "I'M".
10. Fixed: Compatibility problems with iPod classics running the latest firmware (introduced by iTunes 7.6).
11. Changed: Improved support of Cowon devices.

12.0.420 (1/23/2008)

1. Fixed: Burning would not detect a blank disc.
2. Fixed: After a rip failure (scratched disc, etc.) incorrect characters could show in the Action Window.
3. Fixed: In grouped lists, it was possible to select the group header with Ctrl+A, lasso selection, etc.

12.0.419 (1/22/2008)

1. Fixed: Visualizations and TV playback would not work properly (only affects 418).
2. Fixed: Skin effects would not load properly on locales that used a comma as the decimal.
3. Fixed: Expressions could be crafted that would cause the parser to hang.
4. Fixed: The "never show this again" checkboxes could cause issues when switching languages, like the file delete not working properly.
5. NEW: Added "Play (as radio)" to the play send to menu, so that radio is more easily available from menus and Theater View. (still honors filter set in Play > Play Radio)
6. Fixed: Radio could fail to pick a next track if it was seeded with a large number of tracks.
7. Fixed: MPL export could run 100's of times slower than expected.
8. Changed: The thumbnail size slider adjusts the maximum width based on the size of the list.
9. Changed: Improved how lists show the selected item when navigating with the keyboard with large thumbnails.
10. NEW: Added cover art support for Cowon devices.
11. Changed: First attempt at fixing "Hauppauge HVR 1600" analog channel issues.
12. Fixed: Plugging in a handheld device with the Action Window minimized could cause a crash.
13. Fixed: Small problem with file extensions for converted files on TiVo. Should not affect anything.
14. Optimized: Launcher (MC12.exe) is about 50% smaller and launches faster.

12.0.418 (1/18/2008)

1. Fixed: Base64 encoding and decoding was not working properly, causing problems with font loading, etc. (only applies to 417).
2. Changed: Added "Reshuffle Remaining" to the Playing Now view header menu.
3. Fixed: List-type fields in the Tag Action Window would take focus whenever switching file selections.
4. Fixed: RAW conversion should now support wide character names and/or paths.
5. Changed: Video scrolling is now available even if video is not zoomed in.
6. Changed: When video is zoomed out (to a size smaller than the window size) the user's choice of aspect ratio is still respected (previously it reverted to "Source Aspect Ratio").
7. Changed: Moved PlaybackEng.dll code to JRPlayer.dll (should be internal change, but please report any problems).

12.0.417 (1/17/2008)

1. Fixed: Ripping to MP3 format onto a UNC destination path was not working.
2. Fixed: DirectShow video and audio playback did not respect zone-specific filter selection.
3. Fixed: AIFF files that played in MC could not be converted.
4. Changed: AIFF, AIF, AIFC types are routed to audio DirectShow playback, instead of video.
5. Fixed: Closing an Action Window could cause a hang. (only applies to 416)

12.0.416 (1/17/2008)

1. Changed: Windows Media video surround sound will downmix surround sound if a system doesn't have enough speakers.
2. NEW: Added more logging around a program crash.
3. Changed: When dragging and dropping in a list, a divider line will be drawn at the end if the drop would move the file to the end.
4. Changed: Revised "sort empty strings last" option to sort empty values last for both ascending and descending sorting.
5. Fixed: When doing drag-n-drop tagging in tagging mode with the panes, the drop selection would remain selected after drop.
6. Changed: Lasso selection is enabled for panes.
7. Fixed: Numeric searches could fail to work properly (only affects 415).
8. Changed: Bumped the last.fm plugin version to 1.0.0.8.

12.0.415 (1/16/2008)

1. NEW: Added ability to search by file key in the database using [Key]=[###]. (useful for SDK developers)
2. Fixed: Visualizations would crash when invoked from outside of Media Center/Media Jukebox.
3. Changed: When double-clicking an image, it always plays that image and queues the images around it, regardless of the option for double-click.
4. Fixed: MC installer will no longer cause Microsoft Hotfix 902344 to get installed on Win2000 systems.
5. NEW: Added new command "Reshuffle Remaining" that shuffles files after the current file in Playing Now.
6. Changed: Ctrl+Shift+R does "Reshuffle Remaining" instead of toggling the shuffle mode.
7. NEW: Added command Send To > Play > Add (shuffle remaining).
8. Fixed: The string cleaner (Clean File Properties, YADB, etc.) better handles names like O'Donnell and D'Angelo.
9. Fixed: In some cases, a full resolution thumbnail would not get drawn when stopping at an image until scrolling a little more.
10. Fixed: Zone-specific Video Renderer selection did not take effect in DirectShow video playback.
11. Changed: Thumbnail size slider uses a logarithmic scale so that it's less finicky at small sizes.
12. Fixed: Tuned pixel alignment during drawing using bilinear filtering (causes less jiggle when full resolution thumbnails are drawn).
13. Changed: Thumbnail size slider allows smaller thumbnails.
14. Changed: When thumbnailing, images smaller than 64x64 will never be shown at larger than 100%, but larger images will be stretched.
15. NEW: Full resolution thumbnails also work for audio files.
16. Changed: Full resolution thumbnails now contain a drop shadow, just like regular thumbnails.
17. Fixed: DirectShow video playback did not respect zone-specific (decoder) filter selections.
18. Changed: Last.fm plugin now works with library server files.
19. NEW: Surround sound is enabled for Windows Media video.
20. Changed: Large image tooltips are not shown when the thumbnails are large.
21. Changed: Media type "mov" is not checked by default as DirectShow type.
22. NEW: Added "mka" to DirectShow playback types.
23. NEW: Added "generator" meta data to web gallery pages.
24. Fixed: Playlists on Sansa Clip and the e200 series players weren't working in MSC mode.

12.0.414 (1/14/2008)

1. NEW: Data retrieved from YADB (track or disc lookup) is returned with standard title capitalization. (configurable in Options > CD & DVD)
2. NEW: Changes to album metadata are submitted to YADB in a background thread, so the player is not blocked.
3. Changed: If a DirectShow filter crashes when user tries to display its property pages in "Choose DirectShow Filters" window, the filter will be marked and no attempt will be made to display the property pages of the bad filter the next time.
4. Fixed: Doing a "Clean File Properties" on the Date (day) field would switch a year-only date to January 1.
5. Changed: Dates like "2005" and "Nov 2005" now parse.
6. Changed: Removed unused option in Multi-match CD lookup dialog.
7. Changed: Size of multi-match CD Lookup dialog.
8. NEW: Thumbnail size slider can go much larger.
9. NEW: When viewing large thumbnails, the original full resolution image will be substituted after it loads in a low-priority background thread.

12.0.413 (1/12/2008)

1. Fixed: Dates at twelve o'clock am or pm would not parse correctly when using 12-hour time.
2. Changed: When reporting tagging errors during a tag removal, the dialog could get too large.
3. Changed: Removed CDManager.dll and merged all other CD / DVD code into JRDisc.dll. (should be internal change)

JRiver only build used for testing.

12.0.411 (1/11/2008)

1. Changed: Moved burning, ripping, and recording into JRTools.dll. (should be internal change, but please report any problems)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
Re: Media Center 12.0.421
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 02:56:55 pm »

Matt, can you tell if there have been any changes to fix the problems i'm having with synching my iPod (see the 12.0.410 thread or here for details)? I'm kinda reluctant to sync ATM, because the iPod ratings will overwrite the ones in the MC database, and there's no way of telling which ratings will change that way.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:57:36 pm »

Not really a bug, exactly, but I just noticed that on the PixOS skin, the search box has an ugly black box around it. Actually, so do Blue Steel, Green Eyes, and Thunderstorm (although that one might be intentional).

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:07:09 pm »

Think I found a bug.  It seems like quite often, videos do not play centered as they should.  They are usually off-center and this is probably due to the new option to move the video around even when not zoomed--which I'm not a huge fan of.  I actually like the ability to move it when not zoomed.  Great for widescreen with bars because you can move the video to the top or bottom of the screen for a better viewing experience.

I'd really like the OSD improved.  Perhaps a complete listing up top of the options.  It is getting really long and when you use two side by side options, it can mean accidentally scrolling through the whole menu in the other direction.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 08:42:02 pm »

Setting one View Scheme to Options: Panes On Top and another to Options: Panes On Left, the settings do not stick.
. . . the game is rigged

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:47:22 pm »

videos do not play centered as they should

I mention this over in the beta forum, but it seemed I was the only one with this prob.

And it was only with DVD disk and IFOs.

I rolled back to the last beta build I had at the time and came forward.

This prob. only started with build 418. (Moved the playback eng.)

also PIP will be black sometimes.

also nothing was changed on my JRiver test mach. durning this period.

Hope this helps the J-Team

Thanks

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 09:57:03 pm »

The audio engine does not recognize the multichannel capabilities of Realtek HD-Audio onboard audio under Vista.  This results in:
  • inability to use 4.0 or 5.1 expansion in DSP engine
  • multichannel .wma, .dtswav and .mka won't play
  • zone playback doesn't work, instead mixing all zones to LF/RF

Note: In this build, as opposed to .410, zone playback seems to work.  That, and the fact that WMV files now play in multichannel, is a good interim fix for me: at least wma's renamed to wmv, .dtswav's renamed to .avi, and .mka's renamed to .mkv's all play in multichannel, albeit without the benefits of audio mode like crossfading, visualizations, etc.

It'd be great to see the audio engine fixed to recognize multichannel HD-Audio under Vista.

Cheers,

-Doug

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:34:15 pm »

I mention this over in the beta forum, but it seemed I was the only one with this prob.

And it was only with DVD disk and IFOs.

I rolled back to the last beta build I had at the time and came forward.

This prob. only started with build 418. (Moved the playback eng.)

also PIP will be black sometimes.

also nothing was changed on my JRiver test mach. durning this period.

Hope this helps the J-Team

Thanks

The problem of DVD not playing centered has been fixed for the next build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 02:32:19 am »

Not really a bug, exactly, but I just noticed that on the PixOS skin, the search box has an ugly black box around it. Actually, so do Blue Steel, Green Eyes, and Thunderstorm (although that one might be intentional).
It is a bug... when switching skins, the background of the search box loses transparency (if the bitmap has transparency) and shows it as black.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 03:23:06 am »

1. NEW: Added ability to search by file key in the database using [Key]=[###]

really nice.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 05:23:14 pm »

Some split view bugs:

1) When switching split view from columns/rows to tabs, the active tab has no text on it. By setting this tab to "Playing Now", "Playlists", "Drives & Devices" or other lower entries from the tree, the text appears. Setting a tab to a view schemes from audio, images or video, the text disappears again. On all tabs with view schemes from audio, images or video, the text disappears when the tab is activated.

2) When switching split view back from tabs to columns/rows, the number of shown views is not set back to 1, 2 or 3. All previously opened tabs are now shown as columns or rows. So if e.g. 10 tabs were opened, now 10 columns are shown...

3) When switching split view back from tabs to columns/rows, in some views there's a little space left between the top bar and list or pane headers. In some views the border row from underneath the tabs is still visible.

4) When switching split view from columns/rows to tabs, the border row underneath some of the tabs gets very thin.

5) Applying view settings to split views not always applies the setting to the active split view. There has to be at least something selected in the active view's *list*, otherwise the view setting is applied to another view, e.g. to playing now (where normaly a track is selected...). It's not sufficient to select something in the panes to keep the view active (for applying settings).

Two skin issues:

1) Inactive tabs just use the defined image and are brightened up on mouse over (OK..), but the defined image for active tabs and the border row from underneath the tabs are always brightened up. This seems to be unnecessary, as it could be already done by the image itself, or not?

2) The color of an active top bar in split views (columns/rows mode) is the same as the one that is defined as the background color for lists. The color of an inactive top bar is the same but overlayed with the color that is defined as list text color. This works fine as long as the background is light and the text is dark, so e.g. an active top bar is white (=white list background) and an inactive top bar is in darker grey (=white list background + overlayed black from list text). But for skins with dark list backgrounds and light list text (e.g. Thunderstorm, Blue Steel), this means that the inactive top bar is light and the active top bar is dark. This contradicts the way it is handled in other parts of the program (e.g. tabs) and somehow gui conventions in common. Separate color definition or an automatically reverse calculated overlay for top bars would be much better...

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 03:00:40 am »

Something seems to have changed in the logic for "group by album" Before the update it would order the albums alphabeticaly by artist, satarting with multiple artists albums. now, honestly i cant tell what is it sorting by. Did something change here?

JONCAT

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 01:03:48 pm »

10. NOT Fixed: Zone-specific Video Renderer selection did not take effect in DirectShow video playback.

Whichever directshow audio renderer is chosen for a particular zone gets applied to all zones.

My system has ATI Rear HD (hdmi output), Realtek HD audio (onboard), and an EMU1212M (pci).

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.421 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 3008 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1299 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-3450A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive K: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive P: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 06:57:02 pm »

I mentioned it at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44551.msg306507#msg306507, but I suppose I should mention it here as well. I can no longer import my digital camera's RAW formatted files at all in 421.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 09:11:31 am »

10. NOT Fixed: Zone-specific Video Renderer selection did not take effect in DirectShow video playback.

Doc,

That fix was about Video Renderer and other filter selection, which became zone-specific recently. Audio renderer selection had been zone specific long before.

If you open the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Playback Engine\DirectX Playback\Filters\Audio Renderers

do you see string values named "Zone 1", "Zone 2", "Zone 3", etc.? What are their values?

JONCAT

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:31 am »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm at work but I have my Lenovo which has XP Ultimate x86 & MC12.421

I see two entries in there, (Default) with no value set, and Zone 1 which changes according to the renderer I select.

The problem is that I have three zones set up in MC and Zone 3 renderer selections was applied to Zone 1 and this change was reflected in the registry under Zone 1.

DC

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:12:52 am »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm at work but I have my Lenovo which has XP Ultimate x86 & MC12.421

I see two entries in there, (Default) with no value set, and Zone 1 which changes according to the renderer I select.

The problem is that I have three zones set up in MC and Zone 3 renderer selections was applied to Zone 1 and this change was reflected in the registry under Zone 1.

DC

If you only see "Default" and "Zone 1" under that key, you have not successfully set an audio renderer for Zone 2, or Zone 3.

To set it up for a specific zone, you must first choose the zone (Player -> Playback Options -> Zone 2, or Zone 3, if you do not see Zone 2, Zone 3 there, you need to first add them in Zone Manager), before you go to DirectShow Playback Settings.

EDIT:
Here is what I meant by "selecting a zone first":

JONCAT

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:57:01 am »

I'm doing all this through the zone manager>configure when in one zone. Confusing that you can set audio playback for multiple zones through zone manager without having to select each zone. That's what got me on the wrong track; the behavior is different for directshow renderer. As you stated you have to actually "be in" the zone you want to configure for direct show renderer as Zone Manager. Glad its all sorted out. I'm guessing there is reason we can't use zone manager to set all settings for each zone from one zone.

btw- further confusing is the fact that if say, Zone 2 was (Active) then you still have to manually highlight Zone 2 and Configure.  MC doesn't force you to activate a zone, which is needed to properly set the renderer, so I was just highlighting each zone and applying settings. As mentioned above, the fact that this works for audio playback devices misleads the user. To solve this problem for users, would a solution be to have the configure button activate the zone that is highlighted or would cause some more confusion?

thanks!
DC

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 11:40:53 am »

I'm doing all this through the zone manager>configure when in one zone. Confusing that you can set audio playback for multiple zones through zone manager without having to select each zone. That's what got me on the wrong track; the behavior is different for directshow renderer. As you stated you have to actually "be in" the zone you want to configure for direct show renderer as Zone Manager. Glad its all sorted out. I'm guessing there is reason we can't use zone manager to set all settings for each zone from one zone.

btw- further confusing is the fact that if say, Zone 2 was (Active) then you still have to manually highlight Zone 2 and Configure.  MC doesn't force you to activate a zone, which is needed to properly set the renderer, so I was just highlighting each zone and applying settings. As mentioned above, the fact that this works for audio playback devices misleads the user. To solve this problem for users, would a solution be to have the configure button activate the zone that is highlighted or would cause some more confusion?

thanks!
DC

I will see what I can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up