INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.450  (Read 4628 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.450
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:50:54 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120450.exe

12.0.450 (2/29/2008)

1. Changed: Several enhancements to expression editor (up / down work, tabbing works, would shift focus on close, shift+click works, ctrl+arrow more standard, etc.)
2. Fixed: Panes no longer support right-clicking a non-selected item (could cause "All" to be used instead of right-click item).
3. Changed: View scheme component editor uses expression editor control.
4. Changed: View scheme editor uses the popup search editor for managing the files to show. (instead of the older-style search box)

12.0.449 (2/28/2008)

1. NEW: MCC_LOAD_LIBRARY_READ_ONLY added.
2. Changed: Stack submenu in the view header menu has been removed.  Expand and collapse stack items moved to Options sub menu.
3. Fixed: The stack member list wasn't being updated on the top file.
4. Fixed: The stack top file could be orphaned.
5. Changed: Right click Stack Menu has changed.
6. Changed: View stack menu options now operate on visible files in view.
7. Changed: Collapsing and expanding stacks state is maintained per stack rather than globaly.
8. Changed: New art for collapsed stacks, stack tops and stack members.
9. Fixed: Chapter was misspelled in a DVD menu.
10. Fixed: last.fm should install correctly under Media Center.
11. NEW: Switched some expression editing to use a newer edit control / popup.

12.0.448 (2/26/2008)

1. Changed: DirectShow video (and TV and DVD) stops playback on sound-device-lost event.
2. Fixed: The system shortcut for showing a menu Shift+F10 works better.
3. Changed: Standardized the sorting presets list to be the same in all areas of the program. (always includes view-specific stock presets, also contains user preset)
4. Changed: Added ability to save and load sorting presets from the "Sort" view header / view menu.
5. Changed: Made view header and tree right-click menus for Playing Now more similar.
6. NEW: Use Stack File if Available option added to handheld audio conversion section.
7. NEW: Move and Stack Converted Files with Original option added to handheld audio conversion section.

12.0.447 (2/25/2008)

1. Fixed: Action Windows were not properly receiving some notifications, causing a variety of problems (only applies to 445).
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor would incorrectly draw the modifier group box when there was only an empty modifier.
3. Fixed: Smartlist editor could discard sorting changes when changing other modifiers.
4. Fixed: Selecting in the smartlist editor was not possible when an auto-complete tooltip was visible.
5. Fixed: Sorting was not working properly in grouped views.
6. Fixed: Dialogs popping up from a detached display view would not be skinned.

Used internally for testing.

12.0.445 (2/22/2008)

1. Fixed: Action Window tagging didn't catch enter and escape (only applies to 444).
2. Changed: Rename From Info didn't load the most recent entry in some cases.
3. Fixed: FLVSplitter download did not work on Windows Vista.
4. Fixed: On Windows Vista with limited user accounts, FLV DirectShow graph would not build properly unless user specifically chose FLV Splitter/Source filter in filter selection.
5. Changed: FLV is assumed to be video and would be imported as video even if DirectShow graph fails.
6. NEW: Sort customization interface from Customize Current View is used in any place sorting can be customized. (menu, dialog, search editor)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 12.0.450
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:38:15 am »

There is one Smartlist bug. Please take a look at this thread for more information.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:40:23 am »

If Lyrics are shown in AW, the vertical (up-down) scrollbar disappears for a second when the cursor hovers the scroll bar. And then reappears. Same for bios.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:06:15 am »

When using Rename Files From Properties with the Copy function instead of the Move function;
while copying the Right-Click menu is inoperable.
"Ctrl-A" for select all does not work, F2 edits do not work (nor does Right-Click - Rename).
You also cannot select TAG in the Action Window.

Request - Can the Rename Files From Properties: COPY and Rename Files From Properties: MOVE be access be changed?
Perhaps accessed from seperate Right-Click menu choice (one above the other in the list), rather than the drop-menu as it is now to choose Copy/Move?
Or perhaps a checkbox that pops-up and askes "Copy or Move?" when you press the OK button to actuate the rename from properties?
It may better help me not to use MOVE when I really mean COPY and visa-versa. (Or perhaps make a choice to 'Sticky' it?)
. . . the game is rigged

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:21:03 am »

The horizontal mouse-scrolling is not working again.
In build 438 it was working fine (see the link)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44511.msg309837#msg309837
but since build 447 (and now in 450 too) instead of scrolling it is only "jumping". In other words if I scroll right it only moves a bit right and stops. If I release the wheel and scroll right again it again only moves a bit and stops.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:41:35 am »

when you have a smartlist or view with
sorting 1
limit
sorting 2
the sort at the top of the view list shows sorting 1, but when you change it it changes sorting 2.

the-order

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:57:33 am »

This version crashes anytime I used auto scroll (middle mouse button).  Comes up with, This program has encountered a problem and needs to close.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 01:02:14 pm »

WHEN I OPEN PLAYLISTS FROM TAG THEN THE 'IMPORTED PLAYLISTS' IS ALWAYS EXTRACTED.

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 01:04:17 pm »

7. NEW: Move and Stack Converted Files with Original option added to handheld audio conversion section.

This is a great addition! But, Can an option to move the converted files to a different location and still stack them with the Original files be added?

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:40:51 pm »

This version crashes anytime I used auto scroll (middle mouse button).  Comes up with, This program has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Here too.

Also, problem with the search box.  As soon as the view refreshes to show what's being searched for, the search box loses focus - i.e. you're in the middle of typing something, it does a search for what you've typed so far, and doesn't let you finish.

EDIT: doesn't happen on Playing Now, only in Audio/Image/Video
EDIT2: doesn't happen in Panes View

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 03:07:26 pm »

Try rebooting.

Let it run for a while. 

Turn on logging and take a look at what it's doing.

Matchbox

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 04:41:11 pm »

Sorry, I've been lurking for way too many years.....

In place editing has changed.  If for example, I click on a field in the grid and then press F2, I can edit that field.

Then I press the down arrow key to edit the field below and as soon as I type any char, the focus to the field is gone and I can't edit it any more, it's out of edit mode.

I reverted back to .410 and in-place editing is working like before.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 05:11:41 pm »

MC unresponsive posts were split here.

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.450 - iPod errors
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 06:08:46 pm »

Just loaded up and am running 12.0.450.  My recent-model iPod Nano now sees many errors doing basic MP3 synching. It's been working fine with previous versions of MC.  I have tried reinitializing the Nano from iTunes and same problem.  What do you need to see to help figure this one out, please? 
Thanks.

Thor Johnson

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 06:50:23 pm »

[...]In place editing has changed.  If for example, I click on a field in the grid and then press F2, I can edit that field.

Then I press the down arrow key to edit the field below and as soon as I type any char, the focus to the field is gone and I can't edit it any more, it's out of edit mode.

I reverted back to .410 and in-place editing is working like before.

Same here!

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 04:42:40 am »

Tabbing across fields after highlighting a field and r/clicking to get "rename" no longer works - I have to r/click in the new field and get "rename" again.

pank2002

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 08:27:23 am »

Happens for me too. Mainly in document view when I am doing tag-work.
-Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

SwellGuy

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 10:06:56 am »

thorathome,

Do you have the latest firmware installed on your iPod? Are the files that are failing being converted? If so, what are you using for an mp3 encoder and is it licensed?

Rick

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 12:55:15 pm »

Please don't forget the looooong standing iPod sync problem i'm having since the middle of January (!). As there were no iPod related fixes in the changelog for .450, i presume the problem hasn't been fixed yet.

The iPod related bug i have reported several times (see this post) is still there. The problem is basically that upon an iPod sync, the ratings on the iPod will overwrite ratings in the MC database.

As there were some iPod related fixes in the changelog for 12.0.438, i've used that version to initialize the iPod, and updated all file tags from the library, to be on the safe side. But with both 12.0.438 and 12.0.447, i'm still seeing the problem.

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 07:01:38 pm »

Thanks.  Yes, I am using Apple's latest iPod download-ware from the up-to-datest iTunes.  MP3s coming from your encoder in some cases, other's on other cases.  After the list of MP3s shows up as I QUeue prior to synch, some portion of them 15%? come up with Error while and after synching.  I haven't seen this behavior before. 

BTW, re:  the comment also in this thread that iPod preferences/ratings overwrite those in MC, I love that feature and rely on it to manage/grade new library entries.  I rate songs on the iPod and use those ratings when managing my library.   I use my iPod to keep a few favorites, but mainly to wade through new music and see what I like.  I rate them on the iPod, usually while traveling, and then synch back at home or hotel.  Works great!

Thanks.
thorathome

Pages: [1]   Go Up