INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.462  (Read 9628 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.462
« on: March 22, 2008, 08:59:31 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120462.exe

12.0.462 (3/21/2008)

1. Fixed: Stack engine would do too much logging, possibly causing slowdowns.
2. Fixed: Wait messages with only a single line of text would not properly vertically center the text.
3. Fixed: Output plugin configuration dialogs would not render properly.
4. Fixed: Stack engine wasn't cleaning illegal characters from the file path when stacking converted files.
5. Changed: CD playback plugin is smaller and more efficient.

12.0.461 (3/20/2008)

1. Fixed: Import would expand collapsed stacks.
2. Fixed: "Rename Files From Properties" better adjusts to large fonts / large translations.
3. Fixed: MC wants to re-sync tracks on iPod due to a difference in Date Modified caused by DST.
4. Changed: wma media type is removed from the list of types played in DirectShow.
5. Fixed: DRM'd wma could not play in build 459 and 460.
6. Changed: Revised wording of online metadata options to be more clear.
7. Optimized: Improved performance of loading or showing a list / tree.
8. Fixed: Handheld playlist sync could hang in some cases (only applies to last two builds).
9. Fixed: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 TV device (maybe other MPEG-2 compression TV devices) lost sound during recording.
10. Changed: Changed the way analog video preview graph is built for WinTV 1600 TV device.
11. NEW: Added option for users to upload song ratings to recommendation system.
12. NEW: Added the ability to update iPod firmware within the player.
13. Fixed: Theater View would not update Playing Now properly when playing in Radio mode.

12.0.460 (3/19/2008)

1. NEW: Added 1, 2, and 3 minutes to the Preview Mode for playback.
2. NEW: Added "Find & Replace" to the Rename Files From Properties to make things like switching drives easier.
3. NEW: Added mode to Rename Files From Properties: "Update database to point to new location (no file move or copy)".
4. Changed: Hidden stack files could confuse handheld transfers and some other areas of the program.
6. Fixed: HH conversion could cause orphaned files to appear.
7. Fixed: Audio analysis, burning, conversion, etc. could show a popup error when trying to decode a file with no filters instead of silently handling the error.
8. Changed: If auto-import fails to analyze audio for a file, it will not try again for 30 days.
9. Changed: When doing a quick search (Ctrl+Q or alphabet) the found item will be placed at the top of the screen.

12.0.459 (3/18/2008)

1. NEW: Added option not to play DirectShow audio types in JRiver Audio renderer (MJ WaveBin Filter).
2. Fixed: In rare cases, two threaded imports working on the same folder could create database duplicates.
3. Fixed: With auto-install after 30 seconds enabled, the scroll position of the EULA could get reset.
4. Changed: During a "Custom" install, online metadata options can be configured.
5. Changed: It's possible to get online metadata without allowing the program to contribute corrections.
6. Changed: Getting cover art and analyzing audio are enabled by default in auto-import options.
7. Changed: Added manual cover art submission back to the "Cover Art" submenu.
8. Fixed: When playing audio in DX player engine, the "Aspect Ratio" submenu was still displayed.
9. Fixed: For some audio types the user's choice to play the types in DirectShow was not honored when MC found an installed output plug-in for the types.
10. NEW: Reads and writes track replay gain and peak values to MP3 id3 tags that is compatible with several other players.
11. Changed: "MJ WaveBin Filter" is renamed "JRiver Audio Renderer".
12. Fixed: Tooltips inside webpages could get incorrectly skinned.

12.0.458 (3/18/2008)

1. Fixed: Handheld sync space estimates would not be correct when files needed to be updated and the option to delete files not in sync was unselected.
2. Fixed: Search box cursor did not position correctly when scrolling the text horizontally.
3. Fixed: Number to string conversion did not work properly for high precision floating point numbers (only applies to 457).
4. Fixed: Pressing backspace while the focus was in an expression editing control could switch views.

12.0.457 (3/17/2008)

1. Fixed: Multi-line values like Bios and Lyrics would not draw nicely in file lists.
2. NEW: iPod > Right-click > Compact Database will offer to remove orphaned files. (files in the Music folder, but not in the database)
3. Fixed: Duplicate-style smartlist rules didn't work properly with renamed database fields.
4. Fixed: Player window volume menu would not be clickable (only applies to 456).
5. Fixed: Revised the look of a wait message, and fixed a bug where the progress bar could draw out of place with certain skins.
6. Fixed: When moving the scrollbar in lists and the tree, the scrolled content would not always move right away.
7. Changed: Updated the installer artwork.
8. Fixed: FormatNumber(...) would incorrectly format numbers around .95 and above.
9. Fixed: TV FF/REW could be running at much slower rate than desired rate.
10. Changed: Handheld Audio conversion stack options streamlined.  It is now on or off.
11. NEW: Stacked files created by the handheld conversion engine now have "stack tag" tagged with "HH Conversion".
12. Changed: Handheld conversion cache options have been removed from the app.  (conversion stacks is replacing it.)
13. Changed: Default for HH use conversion stack option is FALSE.
14. Fixed: With the Obsidian Theater View skin, buttons and the time could overlap in some views.
15. Fixed: Some text would not wrap properly in Theater View.
16. Fixed: MC always wants to sync a device even though no files transfer to it or get deleted from it.
17. Changed: The "Find & Replace" and "Clean Properties" dialogs use the display name for a field instead of the internal name.
18. Fixed: Sometimes MC could report that two fields changed when tagging during playback when only one field really changed. (was reporting internal bookmark change)
19. Fixed: After a tooltip timed-out, it could reappear with no mouse movement.

12.0.456 (3/14/2008)

1. Fixed: Some text characters would not render in lists.
2. Fixed: TV Aspect ratio did not work in recent builds.
3. Fixed: When adding a file to an existing stack a new top was being created.
4. Fixed: When adding a file to an existing collapsed stack was not adding all the stack files.
5. Changed: Multi-selection in-place editing in the panes is allowed.
6. Changed: The "All" pane item can no longer be in-placed edited.
7. Fixed: With a portable install, file tagging would not work properly.
8. Fixed: Disconnected handhelds could incorrectly show up in the options dialog in certain cases.
9. Fixed: iPod volume adjustment settings were not preserved between sessions.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.462
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:33:19 am »

The tooltip on the tray icon doesn't update the track duration properly if the track is changed manually - i.e. it's fine if a track finishes and the next one starts playing, but if I manually change the track (either by double clicking or pressing previous/next) it instead shows the duration of the last track that was playing, while everything else is correct.

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 12:45:02 pm »

11. NEW: Added option for users to upload song ratings to recommendation system.

Vista Ultimate:
When activating this new option during installation, the installer crashes
- Install without altering any options runs fine
- Activating after install in the Options... page is Ok.

BenRad

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 05:10:04 pm »

Vista Ultimate:

I second this. Just happened to me on VU.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 08:25:45 pm »

Vista Ultimate:
Same for Vista Home Premium.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:30:58 am »

Happy Easter everyone! Haven't been round the net very much in recent weeks, so here's a bit of catchup!
Using Media Center 12.0.462

1. Directshow Playback Options freezes program
   - When I choose “select filters” in the video playback options, the program hangs and becomes unresponsive.
   - I’ve waited up to 20min to let it do its thing with no luck and have to kill the program. I’ve previously been able to access this menu.
   - Happens regardless of which file type I select under file types

Solved by reinstalling CCCP

2. Inconsistent importing of MP4 files if MP4 not selected to use directshow filters
   - I noticed MC was missing a lot of MP4 files in auto-import
   - The files were random, eg within a single TV series some files would import while others wouldn’t
   - I tried to manually import some of the files in question, but MC failed to import (no error message)
   - Playback of other MP4 files in the library was working fine
   - I turned on MP4 in the directshow playback options and the files imported fine
   - Switching back to the previous configuration reproduced the problem

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:31:50 am »

3. Some photos not playing or thumbnailing
  - I have a fair few photos which no longer “play” or show thumbnails in MC
  - Files were previously fine and still open in windows picture viewer. Have not been edited in an external program
  - Files belong to albums in which other photos are fine
  - Attempting to “play” them simply opens up the next playable file in the view, no error message
  - MC can still view the metadata in the files

Fixed in coming build

4. Odd black flickering in AW and some frames
  - Purely cosmetic, but very recently (last few builds) noticed a strange black flicker when updating fields
   - Happens mostly in the AW when updating tags (see screenshot)
   - Also notice this when moving “items to show” or scrolling up and down in the customise current view menu

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 04:33:05 am »

5. Some .divx files & .mp4 files importing as data media type
   - This seems random, and files play back fine once media type is set to video. Still, a lot of files don’t show up in my view schemes because of this, so I have to manually check this all the time

6. MC does not play back animated GIF files
  - Maybe not a bug, but the files simply display as a static image. Simple file type, and widely supported in windows and other image programs.  Is this an oversight, or have you just not gotten round to supporting them yet?

7. MC does not recognise ASX file as video file, cannot play back
   - I have a few random ASX files which are small videos and play back natively in WMP.
   - MC imports it with “Playlist” as its media type
   - When I set media type to video, MC still cannot play back.
   - Ticking and unticking ASX to use in directshow has no effect.

8. MC intercepts keyboard inputs during swf (flash) playback
   - I use MC (among other things) to organise flash videos / shockwave files. Some of these are interactive and require keyboard inputs. This is particularly true of flash games, for example.
   - MC recognises some keyboard inputs as commands, which prevents proper interaction with the flash file.
   - For example, some flash files require the SPACE key to progress, but MC recognises this as a “Pause” command and pauses playback accordingly, effectively breaking playback.
   - Would it be possible for MC to smartly handle flash files?

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 04:37:49 am »

9. Some small album thumbnails randomly not drawing for audio files
   - Can confirm JimH's post on the beta board
   - Been seeing this for a while... random files within an album are affected, other files with the same album art are fine

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 05:36:05 am »

10. Problem With Expressions using Album Artist (Auto)

Here's what I want to do....
   If [Album Artist (Auto)] = (Multiple Artists)
      Music\[Album Genre]\#Compilations\[Album]
   If [Album Artist (Auto)] does not = (Multiple Artists)
      Music\[Album Genre]\[Album Artist (Auto)]\[Album]

The expression

if(isequal([Album Artist /(Auto/)],/(Multiple Artists/),7),Music\[Album Genre]\#Compilations\[Album],Music\[Album Genre]\[Album Artist (Auto)]\[Album])
works fine when I put it into a calculated field to display in a pane (I get a nice output of Music\Album Genre\Album Artist\Album)

But it goes crazy when used in "Rename Files from Properties":

It outputs to X:\0,Music\Album Genre\#Compilations\Album Artist,Music\Album Genre\Album Artist   .... not what I'm after!!

The brackets in the (Multiple) artists part of the expression seem to break it.

11. Show in Theatre View not honoured for Tree Root Items
   - When I tick "show in theatre view" in the edit view scheme menu for any of my custom view schemes, the scheme does not come up in theatre view
   - It seems MC only honours this setting for the standard “audio” , “video” and “image” view schemes

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 06:24:13 am »

- When I choose “select filters” in the video playback options, the program hangs and becomes unresponsive.
   - I’ve waited up to 20min to let it do its thing with no luck and have to kill the program. I’ve previously been able to access this menu.

Hm, it works for me. Takes some time to open (<1 Min.) but it works.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 06:43:23 am »

Might be a problem on my end then... any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 07:57:40 am »

Happy Easter everyone! Haven't been round the net very much in recent weeks, so here's a bit of catchup!
Using Media Center 12.0.462

This works normally for me.  It takes 5 to 10 seconds for the filetypes I tried.  It could be a bad DirectShow filter.  CCCP often solves problems like this.  It may also solve some of your other problems.

Happy Easter!

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 07:59:21 am »

I'm using CCCP. I'll check if there's a new version out and see if that solves the problem. Happy Easter Jim! :D

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 11:44:09 am »

1)- When using MC's Artist Info from the upper toolbar, AMG brings up 'garbage' apparently due to syntax non-interoperability:

results in a search for:  GRATEFUL DEAD-AD-ALBUM=AMERICAN BEAUTY-AD-TITLE=BOX OF RAIN

which does not bring up the Artist at AMG, but rather brings up the following:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?P=amg&sql=Grateful|Dead-AD-Album=American|Beauty-AD-Title=Box|Of|Rain&opt1=1

2)- I am using a Smartlist Group to select music for my portable player.
Using the following MC is not honoring my File Type setting:
Media Type is Audio
File Type is mp3
Genre is Blues
Rating is Greater than or Equal to 3
Remove Duplicates of Album Artist, Name
Expand to Full Albums
Limit Size to 10000 mb

for some reason I continually get FLAC files in this mix! Even after adding:
File Type  is Not  Flac
Folder is Not Flac_1, Flac_2

any ideas as to what I may be doing incorrectly, or perhaps a bug?

**edit - could this have anything to do with my library containing both a flac and an mp3 version of some albums?
I am not using Stacks
This occurrs both in MC and in MJ

3)- I am having problem with MC 'choking' on tag additions / changes / edits. Any tag change, whether written into the file's tags or kept in the database results in a lag of 15 to 45 secongs or more.
In an attempt to isolate the cause I installed MJ12 and using "Restore Library from BackUp" loaded in the same library as MC12 is using.
Changing / adding / editing tags in MJ does not display the lag as ocurrs in MC.
Any clues as to how to "un-clog" MC?

Could using the 'Sync HandHeld' to sync an mp3 copy of my Flac drive to another hard drive, then Importing & using that same drive that MC saw as a 'Handheld' as part of the library cause some kind of "confusion" in MC's database?

**edit - unlikely as MJ can run without the problem and using the same library
_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________
Media Center 12.0.462 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2001 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1216 MB

*edit - CPU is AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for '-v0~f1':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {1FB70256-D573-4760-8D74-E7E39A82B1E6}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: Y:\v0f1; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 0; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [A'bet]\[aArtist] ([Genre])\[Album] ([Year])\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]

Device info dump for '-v0~f2':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {3891AB16-9990-4034-BBF9-191BC60FD929}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: Z:\v0f2; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 0; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [A'bet]\[aArtist] ([Genre])\[Album] ([Year])\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Sleep Timer (Active)

. . . the game is rigged

sclem23

AAC, M4P, and .RA files
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 12:43:07 pm »

This may be a stupid question but my library contains file types from all sorts of online music stores and I was hoping this application would be able to play and burn all the different file associations out there.  I know JRiver can play most file types but can it burn them too?  If it can't are there plug-ins that I can obtain to make JRiver a one stop shop for everything?

Thanks.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
Re: AAC, M4P, and .RA files
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »

This may be a stupid question but my library contains file types from all sorts of online music stores and I was hoping this application would be able to play and burn all the different file associations out there.  I know JRiver can play most file types but can it burn them too?  If it can't are there plug-ins that I can obtain to make JRiver a one stop shop for everything?

Thanks.

You don't need an extra plugin! Just choose the files you want to burn, right click them and select "Sent tp -> Drives & Devices -> Burner". In the action window (down left in the program window) you then can choose to burn a Data CD/DVD (label it, set convert settings) or an audio CD.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 01:44:48 pm »

"Rename Files From Properties" is broken somehow...
Filenames are only updated as expected in the library,
but the files are not updated. So they won't play
afterwards (from within MC...) because library and storage
space doesn't match. Files are on a shared network drive.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 02:06:40 pm »

Did you notice the following new features?
2. NEW: Added "Find & Replace" to the Rename Files From Properties to make things like switching drives easier.
3. NEW: Added mode to Rename Files From Properties: "Update database to point to new location (no file move or copy)".

What options did you select?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 02:17:16 pm »

When creating a new library by Cloning an existing library, MC fails to maintain the same Import Folders and Import Options from the library in which it was cloned, but reverts to the original MC defaults.

I'd agree this should be the case when creating a completely New library, but do not think this should be the case with a Clone. 

A Clone by definition should be an EXACT match of the original.
. . . the game is rigged

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 03:57:47 pm »

My iPod touch 16gb is being displayed as having 7.5 gb free when there is nothing on it.  I can't sync my playlists even though they don't take up the entire 7.5 gb, much less the 16gb capacity.
Also, the songs that do get on there don't seem to have album art... is that because the entire sync never has a chance to finish?

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 05:48:24 pm »

If Thumbnail text has a blank line, it blanks out all lines below it too.
eg.
if it is set to:
[Album]
[Artist]

and the album field is blank, it won't show Artist either.

TheDuke

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:19 am »

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
This is horrible!
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 05:22:25 am »

For related still open please see: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42350.msg288712#msg288712

I select Unassigned in the Album pane, then select a few files, click back on the Album, Rename with F2.
All files instead of only the selected ones are renamed.

thx

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 06:25:25 am »

This works normally for me.  It takes 5 to 10 seconds for the filetypes I tried.  It could be a bad DirectShow filter.  CCCP often solves problems like this.  It may also solve some of your other problems.

Heya! Installed latest version of CCCP and it fixed the lockup problem (takes 2-3min, but at least opens now). Had no effect on other issues mentioned.
Thanks for the fix on this one.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 07:56:34 am »

Did you notice the following new features?
What options did you select?

OK...Some more info...

Let's say there's the track "\\Server\Audio\ArtistFolder\AlbumFolder\Track01.mp3"
It should stay where it is, but be renamed.
Choosing "Update database to point to new location (no file move or copy)"
and selecting (only) "Filename" with e.g. rule "[track #] - [Artist] - [Name]"
will change the filename to e.g. "\\Server\Audio\ArtistFolder\AlbumFolder\01 - Artist - TrackName.mp3"
- but only in the library! The file itself will still be named "\\Server\Audio\ArtistFolder\AlbumFolder\Track01.mp3".
Trying to play the file with MC will then of course pop up "Media Center was unable to play...".

BTW:
The "Preview" of the new "Rename Files From Properties" dialog is too narrow to
be usable. Even with shorter filepathes it's too hard to compare "Original" and "New" path
without much dragging of the columns and horizontal scrolling. Maybe it would be a little
better if text, checkboxes and fields of the dialog would be on top left and right while
the preview list is on the bottom of the dialog (with full broadness of the dialog)?

\\
       \\_
    .---(')
  o( )_-\_

dcwebman

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 08:27:16 am »

will change the filename to e.g. "\\Server\Audio\ArtistFolder\AlbumFolder\01 - Artist - TrackName.mp3"
- but only in the library! The file itself will still be named "\\Server\Audio\ArtistFolder\AlbumFolder\Track01.mp3".
Sounds like MC is doing what you requested with that option. Did you try the Move to new location option, even though you aren't really going to be moving it?
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 08:30:46 am »

OK...Some more info...

Let's say there's the track "\\Server\Audio\ArtistFolder\AlbumFolder\Track01.mp3"
It should stay where it is, but be renamed.
Trying to play the file with MC will then of course pop up "Media Center was unable to play...".

It works as designed. The fourth option is for applying the changes to the database without copying, moving or renaming the files. This is useful if the target location already contains correctly named copies of the files.

For just renaming the files and changing the library links accordingly you need to select the first, "move", option. Maybe the wording could be revised.

Edit, dcwebman was faster...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

craft

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 09:58:28 am »

i imported a quicktime .avi video file in mc, but it is only playing audio, not video. I've changed the meia type as video, and subtype as movie, but it doesn't have any affect, it can't be analysed either

i have quicktime and cccp installed

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 10:18:47 am »

i imported a quicktime .avi video file in mc, but it is only playing audio, not video. I've changed the meia type as video, and subtype as movie, but it doesn't have any affect, it can't be analysed either

i have quicktime and cccp installed

Are you sure that the container is AVI? I have never heard about "QuickTime" .avi files.
Have you tried to change the filename extension to .mov ?

Can other programs play it? (e.g. QuickTime Player or Windows Media Player)

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 12:19:58 pm »

The "Album Artist (auto)" field in the tag area is editable.  It used to be a non-editable calculated field.  Is that an intentional change or a bug?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 01:06:41 pm »

The "Album Artist (auto)" field in the tag area is editable.  It used to be a non-editable calculated field.  Is that an intentional change or a bug?

It edits album artist if one exists, otherwise it edits the artist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 01:30:14 pm »

It edits album artist if one exists, otherwise it edits the artist.
I'm going to have to be careful with that one then.  I noticed the change in behavior today when I had a "various artists" album selected and wanted to set the album artist to "!Various".  Instead I accidentally made the change to the "Album Artist (auto)" field and it changed all the artist fields instead.  Not what I wanted at all.  Fortunately an undo go everything back.

I use a flat directory structure and dump files in general directories like "rock1" "rock2" "classical1" etc. and let Media Center sort it all out into albums and such.  For multiple artist albums I manually set the Album Artist to "!Various" so Media Center can group the album together.

The change in behavior of the "Album Artist (auto)" field is counter to the way I have been doing things.  I'm going to have to be careful of that field now when editing and setting the Album Artist to "!Various".

craft

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 05:27:11 pm »

Are you sure that the container is AVI? I have never heard about "QuickTime" .avi files.
Have you tried to change the filename extension to .mov ?

Can other programs play it? (e.g. QuickTime Player or Windows Media Player)

i don't have wmp, but i tried mplayer and with portable vlc that worked, quicktime player couldn't play because it said it needed another codec.

according to the clip metadata it is
encoder: divx doctor ii 2.1 for macintosh
video codec: ffmpeg divx ;-) (MS MPEG-4 v3)

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:21 pm »

It works as designed. The fourth option is for applying the changes to the database without copying, moving or renaming the files. This is useful if the target location already contains correctly named copies of the files.
Mmmh, OK, although this sounds like a very special use case to me... if the files were imported
previously, I would move them with the "Move to new location" option. If the previously imported
files where moved externally, I would delete them from the library and reimport them. If a drive letter
or folder name has changed, I would try the "Find & Replace" option. Just pointing the database to
another location looks like a potential source of errors to me... but OK, I guess there must be usefull
use cases :-)

For just renaming the files and changing the library links accordingly you need to select the first, "move", option. Maybe the wording could be revised.
The wording really should be changed. If you have "Move to new location" and "Copy to new location"
and then "Copy to new location and update database to point to new location" you may conclude
that "Move to new location" and "Copy to new location" are just tools for copying and moving files
and do not update the database... so why are these tools located in a "Rename Files" dialog and
how can files be moved together with a database update? Or if you only want to rename files,
why should you chose "move" or "copy" to do so??
Maybe I'm too fussy... but while the new dialog is more powerfull, the current design is also a little
bit overloaded and the wording is misleading.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:37 pm »

The horizontal mouse-scrolling is not working again.
In build 438 it was working fine (see the link)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44511.msg309837#msg309837
but since build 447 (and now in 450 too) instead of scrolling it is only "jumping". In other words if I scroll right it only moves a bit right and stops. If I release the wheel and scroll right again it again only moves a bit and stops.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 07:22:37 pm »

Having done nothing more than switch to this new build, my Tivo server is working again.... No longer just sitting there waiting to play what I browse to.  I am assuming something got tweaked?

However, I now see the behavior that others are reporting on the Tivo sub-board:  If I navigate back and forward in a playlist, it no longer advances after a song.  A manual advance will play the next song, but then it waits again.  Going to a different list causes normal operation to resume (until you go back/forward in that list).

A sample log:

03/22/08 22:09:40 - Starting...
03/22/08 22:09:40 - Trying Port 8070
03/22/08 22:09:40 - Checking TiVo Beacon installation
03/22/08 22:09:41 - Connecting to Beacon.
03/22/08 22:09:41 - Running on Port 8070
03/24/08 13:14:58 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\01 - Theme From The Last Waltz.flac
03/24/08 13:15:01 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\01 - Theme From The Last Waltz.flac
03/24/08 13:15:01 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\01 - Theme From The Last Waltz.flac
03/24/08 13:16:18 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\02 - Up On Cripple Creek.flac
03/24/08 13:16:18 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\02 - Up On Cripple Creek.flac
03/24/08 13:23:44 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\03 - The Shape I'm In.flac
03/24/08 13:23:44 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\03 - The Shape I'm In.flac
03/24/08 13:23:51 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\04 - It Makes No Difference.flac
03/24/08 13:23:51 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\04 - It Makes No Difference.flac
03/24/08 13:23:53 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\05 - Who Do You Love (With Ronnie Hawkins).flac
03/24/08 13:23:54 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\05 - Who Do You Love (With Ronnie Hawkins).flac
03/24/08 13:23:55 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\06 - Life Is A Carnival.flac
03/24/08 13:23:55 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\06 - Life Is A Carnival.flac
03/24/08 13:23:57 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\07 - Such A Night (With Dr John).flac
03/24/08 13:23:57 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\07 - Such A Night (With Dr John).flac
03/24/08 13:23:58 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\08 - The Weight.flac
03/24/08 13:23:58 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\08 - The Weight.flac
03/24/08 13:23:59 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\07 - Such A Night (With Dr John).flac
03/24/08 13:24:01 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\07 - Such A Night (With Dr John).flac
03/24/08 13:40:13 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\08 - The Weight.flac
03/24/08 13:40:14 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\08 - The Weight.flac
03/24/08 16:05:13 - Browsing File: J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\09 - Down South In New Orleans (With Bobby Charles).flac
03/24/08 16:05:13 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\09 - Down South In New Orleans (With Bobby Charles).flac
03/24/08 16:22:41 - Sharing (with conversion): J:\Music\Band, The\The Last Waltz\09 - Down South In New Orleans (With Bobby Charles).flac

At 16:04 it was stuck waiting until I clicked forward.

Thanks.....

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 06:16:19 am »

I am using the PixOs skin with a Negative Effect.
When i go to Drives & Devices and select a drive the files a shown.
At the bottom there will be a box with different selection possibilities: 'single folder', 'recursive' and 2 more.
In this version of MC that box is totally white (white font on white background). Only after selecting the box the options get visible.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 07:20:16 am »

I am using the PixOs skin with a Negative Effect.
When i go to Drives & Devices and select a drive the files a shown.
At the bottom there will be a box with different selection possibilities: 'single folder', 'recursive' and 2 more.
In this version of MC that box is totally white (white font on white background). Only after selecting the box the options get visible.

The same for the area on the right of the options for the Last FM plugin. It shows up white, but should be dark.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up