INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes Plus tunes don't play but iTunes DRM do?  (Read 1241 times)

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
iTunes Plus tunes don't play but iTunes DRM do?
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:15:47 pm »

I just bought my first "iTunes Plus" tracks from iTunes. These are the new 256-bit, non-DRM tracks at the same price as regular, 128-bit DRM-protected tracks. (The specific songs were 'one of these days' and 'sky starts falling' by Doves.)

Anyway, when I did an import of my music library, Media Center 12.0.421 imported the tracks, but did so as if they were generic non-ID3 music files. You only see the filename in the track title field ("10 One of These Days"), and artist/album/genre are not filled out for either of these songs, even though all the other new iTunes files I imported at the same time imported normally.

Attempting to play these tracks results in silence and temporary unresponsiveness, while I can still play my DRMmed iTunes (new and old) just fine. The same tracks play fine inside iTunes on the same computer. I have iTunes 7.6.1.9 installed (which includes QuickTime 7.4.1).

I haven't seen anything about iTunes Plus in the release notes for MC12...

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
Re: iTunes Plus tunes don't play but iTunes DRM do?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 02:13:26 pm »

As an update, I just upgraded to the following: MC 12.0.475, iTunes 7.6.2.9, QuickTime 7.4.5, and have seen no difference. The iTunes Plus tracks do not play, and only import into the library as generic tracks, while they play fine in iTunes. :(

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:17:24 pm »

What is the file extension of the files you are having trouble with? m4a?

If it is m4a, try unchecking the checkbox next to "m4a" at Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Video -> DirectShow Playback Settings, and see if it makes any difference.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 05:56:30 pm »

Woohoo, that was it! I didn't realize the Plus tracks were M4A instead of M4P.

I had a rough time getting the tracks re-imported; even though I had unchecked "Ignore files previously removed from library" it wouldn't import the files until I added some extra characters to the filenames to make em look like new tracks.

Anyway, works now, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up