INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.518  (Read 6299 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.518
« on: June 27, 2008, 04:44:28 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
[build removed as a precaution -- possible data problem]

12.0.518 (6/26/2008)

1. Fixed: Problem in DVB-T TV playback in recent builds.
2. Changed: Video zooming allows zooming out to much smaller size.
3. Changed: Switching to a stopped zone while in Display View will no longer switch to Standard View.
4. Changed: Various tag values display as "[Varies]" instead of Artist Varies.
5. Fixed: When emailing an image, EXIF rotation was not applied to rotated images.
6. Optimized: Database uses less memory.
7. Fixed: FormatBoolean(...) information tooltip had a typo.
8. Fixed: Files with artists that have the articles "a" and "an" at the end (i.e. "Perfect Circle, A") always want to resync to iPods.
9. Changed: Reversed a previous change in VMR9 Renderless Mode.
10. Fixed: MC crashed with "buffer overrun" error when user right-clicked video window on Vista. Build 12.0.517 only.
11. Changed: Update library from file tags checks if the internal image could actually be loaded.
12. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar & Daniel2k).
13. Changed: Added Import/Export functionality to the search wizard dialog.
14. Fixed: In DX video playback, "Playback Info" entries (Zooming, Aspect Ratio etc.) were not properly saved to database unless Stop command was issued.
15. NEW: Added right-click "Zoom" submenu and MCCommand for zooming to preset levels in DVD and TV (not saved in database yet).
16. Changed: Renamed "Panes On Top (thin)" to "Dropdown Panes".
17. NEW: Dropdown Panes are integrated into the tab / view header.
18. Changed: File associations page of installer is shown on a fresh install, even when "Express install" is selected.
19. Fixed: Clearing the search box with multiple tabs open would not always update the view properly.
20. Changed: When acquiring images from a camera, images previously transferred are skipped.

12.0.517 (6/18/2008)

1. Fixed: Some streams (with ICY metadata) played with regular "hiccups"
2. NEW: Right-click menu for DX video playback to change display settings (display resolution, bit depth, frequency). The settings are saved in database and automatically applied next time the file is played. Experimental, may be removed if it proves to be more trouble than beneficial.
3. Fixed: Added several safeguards to correct problems when filling an iPod to capacity.
4. Fixed: Typed navigation using non-English characters did not work properly in lists, the tree, or drop lists.
5. Changed: Panes On Top (thin) draw flat until mouse-over.

12.0.516 (6/18/2008)

1. Fixed: The aperture value from a camera could have unnecessary trailing 0's. (use Update Library (from tags) to correct)
2. Fixed: ASIO playback on a multi-soundcard system does a better job of keeping the volume control slaved to the playback card of the current zone.
3. NEW: Vista allows "Application Volume", "Internal Volume" or "System Volume" control. (Menu > Player > Volume)
4. Fixed: Asf audio streaming hang.
5. Fixed: Cache files not getting created for file converted during handheld transfer.
6. Fixed: Fixes to the 'Delete on Sync' functionality on iPods.

12.0.515 (6/17/2008)

1. NEW: Right-click menu option (and MCCommand) for zooming to preset sizes (fit to window, 100%, 200%) in DX video playback.
2. Fixed: Auto-play entries could show the wrong icon for the program if the program was installed with the /NoAssociations switch.
3. Changed: UPnP defaults for Denon changed (allow international characters and only stream audio).
4. Fixed: Some devices are listed twice in the camera selection choices.
5. Fixed: Empty memory bays were being listed as cameras in the camera selection choices.
6. Fixed: Some popup dialogs would pop under the program.
7. Fixed: When a worker thread showed a popup dialog, it could dead-lock the program.
8. Changed: Changed how non-video area is painted in VMR9 Renderless Mode.
9. Fixed: Audible downloads not honoring download path set in options.
10. Optimized: Media Server uses less memory.
11. Changed: Using the Media Center shortcut to show an existing Media Center would change the cursor to an hourglass for several seconds.
12. Fixed: The Tag Action Window could open with an incorrect size.
13. Changed: Clicking and dragging horizontally will begin a drag when leaving the clicked list column instead of when leaving the list.

12.0.514 (6/12/2008)

1. Changed: More logging in VMR9 Renderless Mode.
2. Changed: In VMR9 Renderless mode, if we fail to create a fullscreen exclusive rendering device, we retry by creating a windowed device.
3. Optimized: Resizing pieces of the interface using a view splitter updates faster.
4. Changed: Reversed a previous change on how analog TV channels are played with Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 device.
5. Fixed: Tabbing through Panes On Top (thin) was not possible.
6. Fixed: With bidirectional panes, selecting a middle pane value and then selecting "All" in the same pane would not update all the panes.
7. Fixed: Importing iTunes playlists wasn't parsing dates correctly.
8. Fixed: TV Channels backup and restore did not work on Vista.
9. Changed: TV Channels backup format is changed from Microsoft registry backup to xml.
10. NEW: Added Denon to the list of UPnP devices autodetected.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 12.0.518
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »

1.  The "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog doesn't honor the custom name of renamed fields.
Take a look here for more detailed Info.

2.  Trying to copy mp3s from a CD to another location using "Rename, Copy, and Move Files" doesn't work but gives the message
"Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed."
So if I have a mp3-CD I first have to copy all mp3 to a writetable Drive and then move (or copy) all files using some rules in "Rename, Copy, and Move Files".

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:51:36 pm »

MC gets "stuck" in the taskbar when building thumbnails. Waiting on 30,000 thumbs to build now....EDIT - all finished, MC still stuck:

Finished feeder loop (bCancel: 0)
26517907: 5940: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::Thread: Finish (28344 ms)
26518141: 4904: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Start
26518141: 4904: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Cancel
26518141: 4904: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Stopping thread
26518141: 4904: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Deleting input source
26518141: 4904: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Unloading DLL
26518141: 4904: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Finish (0 ms)
26518141: 4904: Playback: CWaveOutBinPlayThread::~CWaveOutBinPlayThread: Start
26518188: 4200: Playback: CWaveOutBinPlayThread::Thread: Finish (28531 ms)
26518203: 4904: Playback: CWaveOutBinPlayThread::~CWaveOutBinPlayThread: Finish (62 ms)
26518203: 4904: Import: AnalyzeAudio: Finish (243156 ms)
26518203: 4904: Import: Process: Finish (2398906 ms)

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 07:55:11 pm »

Problem with editing in column (not rendered properly). The column header is overlain with the edit field (to the right of Date in pic):

http://picasaweb.google.com/Catuccio/MC12/photo#5216729248903485186

DC

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:08:08 pm »

I still see sync problems in my iPod. Specifically I had a video file on my iPod what was (no longer) in any playlist to be synced and it was not automatically deleted upon sync.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:25:50 pm »

BTW, I've never been able to get MC's Shell Integration working in Vista 64. It used to work in XP, and I believe it worked in Vista 32 (but I don't remember for sure).

MusicHawk

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:56 pm »

Earlier multi-value tag editing problem has reappeared -- spacebar no longer selects items.

Open a multi-value field in Tag dialog for editing, such as Keywords field. It's still possible to jump through the list by pressing a letter. But Selecting via Spacebar no longer works. (I tried many different keys, nothing works.) The mouse must be used to click the checkbox.

This really slows down tagging, so I hope it's a bug not an intentional change.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 09:54:01 pm »

NEW: Dropdown Panes are integrated into the tab / view header.

Changed? The old layout was a bit more intuitive and this now feels rather claustrophobic to me....and it breaks a Name scheme I made for quickly browsing through names of songs.

It was really nice to have some fields shown in separate panes (spaced out nicely at the top) and then be able to search directly in a specific field with results shown in the file list below. I think you had a good thing going with the previous layout.

DC

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 05:20:59 am »

BTW, I've never been able to get MC's Shell Integration working in Vista 64. It used to work in XP, and I believe it worked in Vista 32 (but I don't remember for sure).
Reboot?

)p(

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 06:51:32 am »

NEW: Dropdown Panes are integrated into the tab / view header.

Changed? The old layout was a bit more intuitive and this now feels rather claustrophobic to me....and it breaks a Name scheme I made for quickly browsing through names of songs.

+1

The previous version looked better and was also more intuitive imho. Also seems like the wrong place because the panes don't select but operate within a selected tab / view.

peter

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »

Problem with Smartlists:

playlistid==349057809 [Artist]=[Tosca] OR [_remix]=[Tosca] ~sort=Random
works as expected

playlistid==349057809 [Artist]=[Thievery Corporation] OR [_remix]=[Thievery Corporation] ~sort=Random
doesn't work correctly (shows tracks that aren't in the referenced playlist, even shows tracks when the playlist is empty)

Both playlists used to work fine, can't say which build started to mess up the second one.
The second smartlist still doesn't work as expected.

Oh, and "Update Tags (from library)" doesn't clear certain tags that are inside the mp3 file, but empty in the library. This happened with "Bios" and "Comment" tags. I had to remove all tags and update the mp3 files to get rid of the old entries, but that proccess takes a very long time (whole mp3 file has to be re-written).
I can't test if this is still an issue ATM. Didn't see a matching entry in the changelog, so i thought i'd post it again. The problem gets really annoying when updating the library from tags.

The "Compact Database" command for the iPod (i have a 160GB classic) seems to speed up browsing on the iPod quite a bit, so i use the function quite often. It'd be nice if there was something like a "Compact Database after Sync" or "Compact... before eject" option, so i don't have to do the command manually after synching.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 02:36:36 pm »

3. NEW: Vista allows "Application Volume", "Internal Volume" or "System Volume" control. (Menu > Player > Volume)
Thanks again for this!

One minor thing:
Changing the volume without using MCs slider (eg. by using a remote control or the vista volume control) doesn't update the slider position in MC until MC gets minimized&restored or until the mouse moves near the top part of MCs window.

JONCAT

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 07:57:53 pm »

Theater View in 'Tile' mode runs really slow when switching between, or drilling down, with Show. It's only , and always, this type of view in Theater View; the others work really well and fast.

I got a full screen refresh, horizontal line rolls from top of screen to bottom. Been this way for a few builds. Definietly a bug, unless it's isolated to my system.

EDIT - using my remote, if I select the Tile, and wait for a bit before selecting Show, I get the lag and refresh noted above. If I select with the same remote but hit Show right after slecting the Tile it blasts right down to the next level. It seems t be an inconsistency when using the OK button on my Gyration remote; seems it's akin to a right-click rather than a left click. Still, something strange going on with the Show command.

DC

Media Center 12.0.518 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 3007 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1341 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive S: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-3450A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive P: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive S: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Data Master
  Playing Now (Active)

JONCAT

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 08:03:31 pm »

I can't seem to find any option to change between Thumbnails & Details for the File List; nothing happens at the file list drop down menu any more. Up top, there is no option either. Did this change or is it broken?

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 11:12:24 pm »

I was using the Tree in conjunction with Tabs to copy some .ape files from DVD to hard disc.

I dragged the files from one Tab into another Tab, and now have duplicates that are "Files which don't exist" when external location is sought.

The file location is listed as My CD\filename.ape

DC

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 07:14:59 pm »

20. Changed: When acquiring images from a camera, images previously transferred are skipped.

Thanks for slipping this in but it doesn't seem to work for me.  I transferred a bunch of images, closed down MC, and then took an additional picture.  When I tried to acquire images again it appeared it was doing all of them again (I canceled it at 9).  I did have the library open as read-only on another PC if this has any effect.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 01:02:02 am »

I have been experiencing crash of MC a lot more frequently lately. It has happened on both my computers. How should i proceed to give you the information you need to look at this? Is to send the log files from before a crash sufficient?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 01:49:03 am »

Reboot?
Same for XP64, I assumed it was low priority for XP64, but if it's not working on V64 as well, it may be related. FWIW, a lot of shell extensions don't seem to work well with XP64.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 02:55:44 am »

Hello,

Have still problem when converting .ape files and .mp3 to my Creative ZEN V Plus (8GB)

But it's better then before this update! With the older version it was almost impossible to get .ape files converted without MC12 freezing. Now I could convert several albums in one run. (.ape converted to mp3@192 and mp3's as the were)
But it still freezes in between times it DID work.
Since 12.0.518 I can startup MC12 again (so far) after it freezes, before this update I had to do a system recovery to have MC12 work again. This morning I had 3 albums of .ape and a couple of .mp3's and it frooze right away saying "working..." in the action window.

Regards,

Theo

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:19 am »

I have been experiencing crash of MC a lot more frequently lately. It has happened on both my computers. How should i proceed to give you the information you need to look at this? Is to send the log files from before a crash sufficient?
Try the "Weird Problems" thread in my signature.  There are many possible causes.  Start a new thread if you need help.

SwellGuy

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 05:19:37 pm »

CNCB,

It still ticks through all the files but shouldn't actually be importing duplicates. Wait for it to finish. In your example it should show you one imported file when it's done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up