INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.514  (Read 4938 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.514
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:58:40 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120514.exe

12.0.514 (6/12/2008)

1. Changed: More logging in VMR9 Renderless Mode.
2. Changed: In VMR9 Renderless mode, if we fail to create a fullscreen exclusive rendering device, we retry by creating a windowed device.
3. Optimized: Resizing pieces of the interface using a view splitter updates faster.
4. Changed: Reversed a previous change on how analog TV channels are played with Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 device.
5. Fixed: Tabbing through Panes On Top (thin) was not possible.
6. Fixed: With bidirectional panes, selecting a middle pane value and then selecting "All" in the same pane would not update all the panes.
7. Fixed: Importing iTunes playlists wasn't parsing dates correctly.
8. Fixed: TV Channels backup and restore did not work on Vista.
9. Changed: TV Channels backup format is changed from Microsoft registry backup to xml.
10. NEW: Added Denon to the list of UPnP devices autodetected.

12.0.513 (6/9/2008)

1. NEW: In DX video playback with "VMR9 Renderlesss Mode", the renderer switches to fullscreen exclusive mode when MC's display window is maximized.
2. Optimized: Panes On Top (thin) views are faster.
3. Changed: Improved keyboard navigation when searching inside Panes On Top (thin). (up / down / enter / escape)
4. Changed: Revised how the alphabet for Panes On Top (thin) works so it only enters a single letter.
5. Changed: The search box with Panes On Top (thin) treats a single letter as a "begins with" search instead of a search anywhere rule.
6. Changed: Panes On Top (thin) searching only searches from the start of words, so "loy" won't return "pink floyd" but will return "lester loyd".
7. Changed: Cross-fade (aggressive) does not fade down the end of a song when mixing with a new song. (but still fades the old song when manually switching tracks before the end)
8. Fixed: From the main search box, picking "Wizard...", then entering a rule, wouldn't leave the search box in wizard mode.
9. Changed: Grouping headers in file lists are less prominent.
10. Fixed: Gridlines were not drawing properly in the panes.
11. Changed: When converting audio for playback on Tivo or UPnP devices, the format will be changed to 44.1 KHz stereo.
12. Fixed: Some Audible files would not play properly on UPnP devices.
13. Optimized: Improved performance of panes with bi-directional filtering enabled.
14. Changed: With bi-directional pane filtering enabled, panes later in the filter order are reset to "All" when changing a pane earlier in the filter order. (use Reset Selection to start over and define a new filter order)
15. Optimized: Significantly shortened the time it takes for "Choose DirectShow Filters" dialog to initialize and appear.
16. Fixed: Sorting presets saved in Customize Current View would not be preserved.
17. NEW: Delete Confirmation dialog offers the option to delete stack files.  (Defaults to checked if all stacks are collapsed.  If checked will delete all stack files even for expanded stacks.)

12.0.512 (6/5/2008)

1. Fixed: Track Info pages that linked to other pages wouldn't work properly.
2. Optimized: Core database file access is faster.

Matchbox

Re: Media Center 12.0.514
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:25:39 am »

STACKS and HANDHELDS

I deleted my all the files in my existing cache directory and had MC check the library to get it all in synch.

I also have an on-disc "handheld" which I also deleted all the files.

If I tell MC to "build the cache" through options, it does start to build and I see files in the cache directory (good).  I canceled this.

If I tell MC to "synch" my on-disc handheld, it does synch it, it converts files and I see mp3 files being created in the on-disc handheld directory, but NO FILES ARE STORED IN THE CACHE DIR.  (bad)

--------------------------

Also, like the prior versions, if I click the stack icon (for a file created from "build stack"), I see the icon turn the top red, but no stack file is displayed.

If I right click AUDIO and select "edit view scheme" and the just click okay, nothing more, just click okay, then the stack files show up.

It seems once I tell the stack to expand and then do the routine with "edit view scheme" above, then it expands/collapses fine after that, but the routine must be done for each file at least once.

-------------------------

And it get worse.  After trying this and that... now whenever I select "build cache" from options, MC crashes everytime.

-------------------------

Does anyone know the MC version just prior to stacks?

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 10:53:07 am »

- I choose 'Tag' from 'Action Window' in the left of the screen..
- I choose one song from library (left side of screen) in which i want to change the 'Genre'.
- I'm choosing the field 'Genre' from the 'Tag' and the fields opening. I choose 'match code' and i see the list with all the 'Genres'. In the older versions when i started to wrote a letter for example 'k' into the field, this rolls down and it brings me the 'Genres' starting from 'k'. Now when i open a field and type a letter the list rolls down with english but when i choose greeks with alt+enter doesn't work. If i typing a genre in greek the auto complete works. Only doesn't roll down.
In artist box this works fine.

Also i noticed that when i type a text (in every field) the text typing normal rules haven't effect
(for example with shift+left arrow i start choosing one word but if i want to use the left arrow to choose some letters of this word then the cursor comming in the start of the box).

I remind you that at the version .497 'Tag' works perfectly.
Can you see it?
Thanks in advanced.

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 02:46:57 pm »

Choosing Tag from the Action Window or from the context menu does display the tag window, but does not maximize it to show all the tags if the tree window above it is expanded to fill the window.

i.e. open your Artist/Album view and open a grouping if necessary so that you have a nice, tall, vertical scroll to see all your artists. Now select a file and bring up the Tag Window. You should notice that you only see the first two lines of the Tag window. On mine, this displays the file format, length and size on the first line, and the play status on the second.

Once you select the Tag Window Menu and select any other Tag view, it will expand and display the view properly.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 03:55:12 pm »

Choosing Tag from the Action Window or from the context menu does display the tag window, but does not maximize it to show all the tags if the tree window above it is expanded to fill the window.

i.e. open your Artist/Album view and open a grouping if necessary so that you have a nice, tall, vertical scroll to see all your artists. Now select a file and bring up the Tag Window. You should notice that you only see the first two lines of the Tag window. On mine, this displays the file format, length and size on the first line, and the play status on the second.

Once you select the Tag Window Menu and select any other Tag view, it will expand and display the view properly.

Agreed. Only when multiple tracks are selected does this occur...

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 04:29:26 pm »

When a skin is used with negative, the large info bar (wrapped with color at the bottom of screen) displays no text on track advance; I guess the color of the font is wrong. This one has been around a long time (along with the whacky hot red in PixOS negative).

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 07:08:29 pm »

1. VMR9 Renderless just displays a black screen with pulses of faint color.

2. Certain x264 files that used to play with DXVA enabled in Cyberlink's x264 control panel crash MC. The fact that these files used to, and should play, since they don't break DXVA is evidence something is amiss here. I'm using the same Haali splitter and Cyberlink x264.

DC

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 07:15:33 am »

1. VMR9 Renderless just displays a black screen with pulses of faint color.
[...]
same here

Media Center 12.0.514 Registered -- C:\Program Files\Multimedia\JRiver Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Core 2 2128 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2094 MB, Free - 1026 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Y: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-H42L   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z: IDE     DVD-ROM 16X       Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive Y: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42L    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Data Master
  Lyrics Editor
  Sleep Timer (Active)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 07:34:42 am »

The "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog doesn't honor the custom name of renamed fields.

What I mean:
I used the "configure library field"-tool to get the name field displayed as title.

When I now use the "Move/Copy fields"-tool, MC still displays name instead of title.

This happens for standard as well as for user library fields.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 08:13:59 am »

I'm still seeing that removing a video file from a playlist that is synced to my iPod does not (after resyncing) remove that file from my iPod. Other file types are correctly being removed when they are no longer in a synced playlist.

Also, related to iPod syncing, I noticed that videos that are converted and then synced are no longer placing the converted MP4 file in the same folder as the original video. In fact, I have no idea where the MP4 file is being cached.

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 01:09:34 pm »

Since AudioScrobbler uses Date field, and many of my date fields are xx/xx/xxxx 7:34pm, for example, I decided to use MC Move/Copy fields and copy Date (Year) to overwrite the 'detailed' Date field (above), and when I try to do this i.e. 1973 to 01/01/1973 7:34pm

this is always the result:

1905      05/31/1905

for .ape, .mp3, and .flac

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 06:36:25 pm »

Copying coverart to the central folder doesn't work right when there is no artist name specified-
If the artist field is not filled (I've been using the simple title in some places, not filling in the title as it messes up other bits of my viewscheme for films), then the coverart file is stored as 'Unknown.jpg' in the specified coverart folder.
However, this poses a problem in that it overwrites any previous 'Unknown.jpg'
If the thumbnail cache is then regenerated, MC uses the newest 'Unknown.jpg' for all files with this specified coverart.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46808.0

Cheers

-Leezer-

JONCAT

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 08:10:17 pm »

Switching Tiles re-sorts columns (in File list at bottom) even though a "1" column remains labled as such when switching between and back to the Tile you started at.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 09:21:46 am »

M4A files are causing Analyze Audio errors. I can play back these files in MC with CCCP enabled direct show filter; shouldn't that allow them to be analyzed as opposed to using Quicktime externally?

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 10:09:15 am »

With Agressive cross-fade set to .1 seconds, MC is "fading" when there is 1 second of the song remaining that is about -25db which I'm pretty sure means it shouldn't be cut (guessing the silence cut is around -40db?). The problem turned out to be that the file, reported by audacity, is actually 1 second longer than MC reports. Mc is still seguing a bit early, and doesn't report the final one second, which is admitedly very quiet (-65db), in duration.

There is also the question of what the silence detection threshold level should be. I kind of like where it is, but in this particular example, the MC cuts the downbeat which turns into a quiet echo fade out which lasts for at most 1 second. in this case it feels like a radio DJ would hear that downbeat and have time during the echo to press play and drop in the next track; the segue feels abrupt even with .1 seconds. So I'm wondering if the incorrect duration analysis by MC is throwing something off.

See what you all think:

www.catuccio.net/test.mp3

DC

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 01:41:46 pm »

Before I installed 514, I had gforce set as visualization, now I'm trying to switch to track info but no matter which one I pick, MC crashes...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 02:49:35 pm »

Before I installed 514, I had gforce set as visualization, now I'm trying to switch to track info but no matter which one I pick, MC crashes...
Try a search for geforce here.  They have a beta that works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up