INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haali Media Splitters (no video playing) are stealing the focus  (Read 4511 times)

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.

For some reason MC's JRWorker process keeps starting Hali Media Splitters (no video playing) that are stealing the focus from MC and all other apps on my PC.  I assume it's trying to thumbnail some new .mkv DVD rips, but there are only 2 of them and this has been going on every time my wife (not happy) I or start MC all weekend.  This basically is causing all menus to exit immediately (if even shown) and the mouse scroll wheel is unresponsive.  Eventually it will stop for a few seconds/minutes, but then it starts again.

-John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Haali Media Splitters (no video playing) are stealing the focus
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:32:57 am »

For some reason MC's JRWorker process keeps starting Hali Media Splitters (no video playing) that are stealing the focus from MC and all other apps on my PC. 
From memory ... I think Haali has a setting that can be changed.  Try a search here and on google.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 02:33:19 pm »

For some reason MC's JRWorker process keeps starting Hali Media Splitters (no video playing) that are stealing the focus from MC and all other apps on my PC.  I assume it's trying to thumbnail some new .mkv DVD rips, but there are only 2 of them and this has been going on every time my wife (not happy) I or start MC all weekend.  This basically is causing all menus to exit immediately (if even shown) and the mouse scroll wheel is unresponsive.  Eventually it will stop for a few seconds/minutes, but then it starts again.

-John

The worst offender of this kind is DivX decoder (it has a blue icon with an X in the middle in the system tray). Uninstalling DivX decoder would be the way to go.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 02:25:18 pm »

From memory ... I think Haali has a setting that can be changed.  Try a search here and on google.

Thanks for the hint.  Turns out Haali steals the focus if the system tray icon is on.  Turned that off and things seem to be back to normal.  I had been using CCCP which must have defaulted it to off, but I was having some issues in the h264 encoder front-ends I was testing, so I ditched CCCP and just installed Haali myself and it must default to on...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Haali Media Splitters (no video playing) are stealing the focus
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 03:15:24 pm »

Bump

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Haali Media Splitters (no video playing) are stealing the focus
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 05:47:20 pm »

This mostly happens when thumbnails are being built. It's a REALLY annoying problem. Thanks for the tip about the try icon. I'll try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up