INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Theater View Customization  (Read 4584 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
NEW: Theater View Customization
« on: September 09, 2008, 03:25:42 pm »

MC13 allows you to customize how content is displayed in Theater View:

EDIT: Still more Theater View customization is described here.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: NEW: Theater View Customization
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:44:17 am »

Sweet!  Can't wait to try it out.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:07:47 am »

First I thought this was about file caption in TV. This might therefor be a little off topic, but I think this is justified anyway.
I think there should be done more to the default caption code. Here is one example (let's hope I copied the right line from my backup document):

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] - [Artist] - /([Album]/)   //   Rating: [Rating],If(IsEqual([Video Type], Series),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Video Type], Music Videos),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Artist] - [Name],[Artists] - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Video Type], Conserts),[Artist] - [Name],[Name]))))

This is a caption with my custom "Video Type" library field, and do not contain any Image or data caption yet. But I think something like this, that contains the Video, Audio, Images and data should be available as a default. This kind of captions should be easier to make with a GUI similat to those that have been made to other parts of MC.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 12:06:17 pm »

Wow... 13 is very nice. Two questions though.

1. Is there a way to disable the background animation in Theater view (it's neat, but a little distracting)?
2. Is there a way to get the EPG to display more intuitively in Theater view? Something closer to the conventional time-vs-channel grid (like you find in Tivo, MCE, BTV etc...).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:24:23 pm »

1.  No.

2.  We think this is similar to TiVo.

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 02:39:06 pm »

1. Sure you can (just found it)...you have to remove the <annimation> tag in the main.xml file in the skin folder.

Really?

The TiVo EPG (or most EPG interfaces for that matter) is set on a grid with channels on the vertical axis and time on the horizontal. Is there a way to get that kind of EPG interface in theater view?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 03:37:56 pm »

Couple of point on Customisation:
1) TV EPG Layout - As per Lance, we need the grid format as at present you can not tune a station in TV of your EPG is empty + the layout makes more sence (grouped by station & time not just time)
2) TV Assignable Channel Logo Coverart to Stations - I know Yaobing was looking to add this a while ago
3) ISO File Formats - Still can not be added to TheaterView (still using a Smartlist)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up