INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.100 -- Available Here  (Read 3359 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.100 -- Available Here
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:20:48 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130100.exe

13.0.100 (12/30/2008)

1. Fixed: Canceling TV EPG scanning was not done properly.
2. Fixed: A black rectangle appeared in unexpected places when switching TV tasks (such as switching from viewing a channel to scanning for EPG).
3. Optimized: Infrequently used system libraries are loaded on demand instead of on program load.
4. Changed: Reworked the user interface of some of the DSP plugins. (better translation support, uses user selected fonts, etc.)
5. Fixed: The ID3v1 genre byte could be set to undefined (255) in cases where it could have been one of the preset genres.
6. Changed: When TV recording manager can not find an idle tuner for recording, it will try using a tuner that is being used for watching, after confirming with the user.

13.0.99 (12/29/2008)

1. Changed: Navigation favorites are saved as they are created instead of at program shutdown, so an incomplete shutdown can not cause changes to be lost.
2. Fixed: Playing a partial television recording that was left after a crash during recording would hang at the end of the recording.
3. Changed: Television recording system automatically purges old recording rules.
4. Changed: On program shutdown, television will only warn about recording that is in progress, not watching that is in progress.
5. Changed: The dependency on DirectX 9's D3DX9_39.dll (included with install) is only required to show Theater View, 3D Visualizations, etc., instead of required to run the program. (useful for portable installs)
6. Fixed: MC could crash while TV was shutting down.
7. Fixed: In some cases, Theater View selection would not track the mouse cursor.
8. Changed: Removed dialog skinning from several system open / save dialogs as it can cause problems on Vista.
9. Changed: Added "Save Time-shifting on stop mode" (Discard, Always Save, Always Ask, etc.) to Television Options window.
10. Fixed date handling in the FLAC input plugin. The DATE tag is 4 digit year. Added JR_DATE hi-res date tag. Syncs DATE to JR_DATE on WRITE.

13.0.98 (12/24/2008)

1. Fixed: Closing the program while television was playing could cause a crash.
2. Changed: When looking up cover art or setting cover art for a single television program, the change is applied to all television programs by the same name.
3. Fixed: The image in view headers could wiggle slightly in size when switching between files with the same art.
4. Fixed: In a library view, drilling into a thumbnail of a list-style field would not always work properly.

13.0.97 (12/23/2008)

1. Fixed: While TV was shutting down (after channel scan, program shutdown, etc.) the program could crash.
2. Changed: Renamed "programming guide" to "program guide" in all television user interface.
3. NEW: Added an "Edit Channel List" dialog for configuring television channels.
4. Changed: Combined several television view buttons into a single "Configure..." button.
5. Fixed: File types (m4a, ra etc.) that had been set to using "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters)" were imported as data.
6. Fixed: RealMedia types (ra, rm, etc.) would be imported as Data if they were configured to be played in RealPlayer engine.
7. NEW: Television programs support artwork.  If you set an image for a program, it will be used again next time the program guide is loaded.
8. NEW: Television program artwork can be retrieved (and submitted) using JRiver's online database.

13.0.96 (12/22/2008)

1. Changed: WASAPI playback better handles 24-bit playback for cards that only support 24-bit playback padded to 32-bit.
2. Changed: WASAPI playback automatically reduces the user-set buffer size in hardware exclusive mode if the size is larger than the card supports.
3. NEW: Image editor red eye tool uses an elliptical region instead of a rectangular region.
4. NEW: Improved the display of recorded programs in the television view (status icon, tooltip, etc.)
5. Fixed: Double-clicking a recorded program in the television view would not start playback.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of Theater View rollers.
7. Changed: Switching views with the view roller in Theater View looks nicer.
8. Fixed: MC would crash when being closed, after scanning for ATSC digital TV programming guide.
9. Changed: Additional logging in TV.

KingDoughnut

Re: Media Center 13.0.100 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:53:27 am »

1. Changed: WASAPI playback better handles 24-bit playback for cards that only support 24-bit playback padded to 32-bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24bit playback via WASAPI produces some awful distortion and static ..... 

Hopefully someone can reproduce this or confirm that it works with their card....

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:58:46 am »

I can't wait to try the TV cover art addition.  Hope this also helps fix some TV issues I recently encountered.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 10:33:59 am »

Repeatable crash (spotted in .95 build but installed .100 to check and it's still present).

Full logging only produces the following every time:

0004937: 4128: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0004937: 4128: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 5000, lParam: 0, Window class: MJFrame

If I attempt to edit any field in the view scheme by clicking on the column and hitting F2 it brings up the usual dialogue.  If I attempt to scroll down with  the mouse wheel MC crashes every time...

[update]Crash only occurs if you are attempting to modify the first entry in a playlist...

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 11:16:20 am »

Repeatable crash:

Television mode:

Select configure->settings

Under devices select 'Configure'

Immediately crashes:

0056250: 5708: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0056250: 5708: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 273, wParam: 20008, lParam: 0, Window class: JRiver EPG Class

Note, I have no TV tuner available on my PC, so perhaps that's the cause, but it should of course be handled gracefully...

Also, attempting a channel scan with no device selected (none available as noted above) causes a crash.

Mark

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 12:21:11 pm »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24bit playback via WASAPI produces some awful distortion and static ..... 

Hopefully someone can reproduce this or confirm that it works with their card....

Have loud distortions on a Juli@ with 24/96 material. Eventually my machine crashes. This is on Win 7.

ASIO works as solid as usual

Cheers

Thomas

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 04:42:08 pm »

I have a big problem in version 100 that I didn't had in 95. I can control the track that plays with keyboard, but when I double click, The song take like 8 seconds to start playing and then after there is a big lag. Will have to revert back in 95.

Thx

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 04:53:09 pm »

Fixed: File types (m4a, ra etc.) that had been set to using "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters)" were imported as data.

Thank you,...appears to be importing as it should. :)
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up