INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.101 -- Available Here  (Read 8641 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.101 -- Available Here
« on: January 01, 2009, 09:23:30 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130101.exe

13.0.101 (12/31/2008)

1. Fixed: Back-to-back television recordings on the same channel would get merged instead of split into two recordings.
2. Changed: Removed Scheduler support for recording television -- use the new Television view for any recording / subscriptions.
3. Fixed: Label spacing and alignment was strange in the television options dialog (only applies to build 100).
4. Fixed: Mouse-wheeling over an in-place edit list control could crash.
5. Changed: Pressing right in a menu won't accept the menu item for 1/2 second.  This prevents key repeats from firing commands in Theater View.
6. Fixed: Sometimes TV recording would fail to start.
7. Changed: Old-style Theater View skins show buttons and the search keyboard in the Search view instead of only the search keyboard.
8. Fixed: When showing the "failed to get volume information from CD drive" warning, strange things could happen like the CD file list double-filling.
9. Fixed: Using Television options, scanning, etc. better handles when no tuners are present on the system.
10. Changed: Updated user interface of "Effects" DSP plugin.
11. Optimized: Improved performance of television engine so that device enumeration, loading, etc. only happens when used instead of always.
12. Optimized: During television recording (without playback at the same time), more disk I/O would be performed than necessary.

13.0.100 (12/30/2008)

1. Fixed: Canceling TV EPG scanning was not done properly.
2. Fixed: A black rectangle appeared in unexpected places when switching TV tasks (such as switching from viewing a channel to scanning for EPG).
3. Optimized: Infrequently used system libraries are loaded on demand instead of on program load.
4. Changed: Reworked the user interface of some of the DSP plugins. (better translation support, uses user selected fonts, etc.)
5. Fixed: The ID3v1 genre byte could be set to undefined (255) in cases where it could have been one of the preset genres.
6. Changed: When TV recording manager can not find an idle tuner for recording, it will try using a tuner that is being used for watching, after confirming with the user.

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 13.0.101 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:28:41 pm »

In build 100 a bug was introduced that I didn't have in 95 and it's still not fixed in 101. Here is the description :

This is only in the Recently Imported View. When double clicking on a song to play it takes several seconds to start playing. This is on everysongs. So I would say that Recently Imported view is broken.

Reverting back to version 95 fix the problem.

Thx

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:54:41 pm »

Just a question about Wavpack files playback. MC refuses to install the in_wavpack-v2.3.0 plugin. Is it only for MC 12?
There seems to be no support for WV files in MC 13 because I can play them only installing a DS codec and forcing MC to use it, but then doing so the problem remains because MC doesn't write the tags into the files.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:20:56 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.

In "Video", I have a special folder "This Folder" which is empty but shouldn't be.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 03:04:17 am »

Bug:

When you right click on the currently playing track and Locate-> On Disk (inside Media Center) the result set does not include the currently playing track.  Which a) means the result set is inaccurate b) makes it impossible to make mass tag edits on the album containing the playing track as it's not included in the result set.

Mark

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:03:05 am »

Was meaning to report this previously as the bug have been there with any 13.x.x builds I've tried, but now I finally remembered it as it would appear that it has gotten even worse (this might just be something I'm imagining though as I didn't really test that much in the past).

The bug happens if you browse the library, click any album, open the tag dialogue and click on the cover art so that the image box opens with the artwork. If you now right-click the artwork and choose "View (first file)" then MC13 will not show the file, but instead popup the following error message:
Quote from: Media Center 13.0.101
Media Center was unable to play any of the files.

Please make sure that the path in Media Library points to the right location and that the files are not being filtered by Access Control.
This does not happen if you try the same procedure from the "Now Playing" view.

Now the reason I mention that I think it's getting even worse is that now (didn't experience this in the past with other builds), by doing what I described above, MC13 is stuck with a permanent title (in taskbar, task manager etc.) of "Media Center (Images)" and restarting or playing different files from different views (audio,images,video) does not restore the original title.
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 07:39:53 am »

The bug happens if you browse the library, click any album, open the tag dialogue and click on the cover art so that the image box opens with the artwork. If you now right-click the artwork and choose "View (first file)" then MC13 will not show the file, but instead popup the following error message:This does not happen if you try the same procedure from the "Now Playing" view.
I can't duplicate this.  Please start a new thread and provide some details about the cover art itself.  Size, where it's stored, etc.

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 08:23:53 am »

I can't duplicate this.  Please start a new thread and provide some details about the cover art itself.  Size, where it's stored, etc.

Done, new topic created here.
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 07:19:48 pm »

Please post bugs here.
BUG: When using WASAPI, the application volume doesn't work.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 05:38:00 am »

A few issues:

It's not possible to clear a db field with a MPL import. The logic should be: if the field name is in the MPL, and it's value is empty, then clear the value it in the MC database.
Example: "<Field Name="Comment"></Field>" should clear the "Comment" field.
When implementing this feature, it would probably make sense to prevent certain fields from being cleared that way, for example the "Filename" field.

After a MPL import, the thumbnails for all tracks affected by the MPL update are gone and have to be rebuilt. I fail to see the reason for that behaviour - why should a data import invalidate the thumbnails? The only reason i can think of is when the image file (cover art) has been changed by the data import, but i think this is something that can be checked easily after the import, instead of forcing the thumbnail rebuild for each track.

A bug with "0" values in numerical fields i've reported a while ago for MC12 is still in MC13. A "0" value is stored in MC's db field (it's visible by exporting the library to XML), but is not shown in the MC GUI. I think this is true for both integer and decimal fields.

The "Add Library View" context command is acting strangely on "sub-views". Under the "Audio" view scheme, i have three other sub-schemes. When i left-click on one of them, and choose "Add Library View", the view is created under "Audio" instead of under the sub-view. When using the "Add Library View" command on a sub-sub-scheme of "Audio", the view will be created under the sub-scheme. In a nutshell, it seems the view is alway created one level above the currently selected one, where it should be created one level below.

The view scheme editor ("Customize View") is very, very slow on my system. MC13 performance is generally quite good on that machine, even though it's only a P4. The view scheme editor "blocks" MC for a few seconds with every change, and sometimes the redraw of the window is so slow i can literally watch certain areas of the window getting "painted" in white color, before the window's contents are redrawn after a few seconds of "blocking".

After an iPod synch completes, MC will go through the "analyzing" procedure, just as it does when connecting the iPod. This makes no sense, as the synch is completed at that point, and there is nothing to analyze. The procedure takes quit a lot of time, especially when "Sync Play Stats" (or whatever that option is called) is active, and a lot of playlists are selected for synching, and MC is dead during that time. Maybe this behaviour could be changed so that MC will "remember" the completed synch, and only go through the "analyzing" procedure if the "Sync" function is selected again.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
FLAC replay gain tag bug
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 10:40:25 am »

The fixed FLAC input plugin fixes (partially) the issue of not reading the year value, but unfortunately it has an undocumented buggy change in the replay gain tag implementation.

It now writes the replay gain tag with a fixed + 6 dB correction value (as I have requested), but it does not do the opposite correction (-6 dB) on a tag read. Furthermore the "corrected" value is still written to the proprietary old "Replay Gain" field instead of using the FLAC standard (replaygain_track_gain). If the library tags are updated from a newly tagged FLAC file the replay gain value in the library will be 6 dB higher than it should. After some of the files are tagged with the new plugin there is no way to distinguish them from the old correctly tagged files.

The fixed plugin should continue to read the old tags exactly as the old plugin did. The +6 dB correction should be applied only to the new replaygain_track_gain field. When this is fixed also the peak value should be fixed to write the correct file tag (replaygain_track_peak).

All this was correctly implemented in the MP3 plugin when it was fixed to follow the de facto standard.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 11:11:23 am »

Bug:

If in-place edit list is visible, but the playlist has a right hand side scroll bar visible, mouse scrolling scrolls the playlist and immediately closes in the in-place edit list instead of correctly scrolling the in-place edit list.  If there is no playlist scrollbar then mouse scrolling works with the in-place edit list.

Old bug:

If the in-place edit list is used to attempt to edit a list field in the first entry of a playlist which only contains one or two options, the in-place edit dialogue is rendered too small to display the options and mouse scrolling doesn't reveal them.  There is no way to see what the options are or check/uncheck them.

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 11:51:32 am »

Bug:

Create a user field; list (semicolon) with one acceptable value specified, eg YES.

Click a view scheme, which shows the bottom files pane.  Ensure the files pane has a right hand scroll bar.  Go to the first item in the files view and click the user list field to highlight the entire row.  Then scroll down the playlist and ctrl-click the same field in another row to select two rows.  Then hit F2 to attempt to edit the two fields - nothing happens...  if you do not scroll the playlist the in-place edit dialogue appears correctly.

Also, if the user field has two acceptable entires, ie yes;no - it works correctly even if you have scrolled.  But with only one acceptable value it is subject to the bug above.

Mark

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 07:26:42 pm »

XP x64 SP2: 100 & 101 installed fine (vs 95) but errors out (non-fatal) on 3D Albums, Theater View ... anything requiring Direct3D engine and the D3DX9_39.dll. I couldn't find an extracted version of the dll except in c:\temp\DX625.tmp dated 1/1/09 (date of 1st successful MC13 install), which looked like a DX9 runtime setup package.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 09:02:06 pm »

XP x64 SP2: 100 & 101 installed fine (vs 95) but errors out (non-fatal) on 3D Albums, Theater View ... anything requiring Direct3D engine and the D3DX9_39.dll.

Microsoft has made this a bit complicated.  We used to be able to link the D3DX code into the program, but now we have to use a shared dependency on D3DX9_39.dll.

The installer should be trying to install this DLL.  Does XP x64 have limited DirectX support?  Could you try downloading and installing Direct3D on your system?

Sorry for the vague answer, but we're still figuring out the ins-and-outs of the new linking system.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 01:36:03 am »

Thanks Matt ... googled dx9 runtime (which returned a link for DirectX End-User Runtime), went to the MS site and ran the dxwebsetup (which installs Nov 2008 DX x64 compatible updates). MC13 interfaces with DirectX correctly now (3D Albums is neat). Automatic Updates is set to Automatic ... so I'm perplexed on why I had to manually update DX (the OS is legit and passes WGA). The DirectX dll's are installed both in system32 and SysWOW64 on an XP (and probably Vista) x64 machine if of any use to you.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 02:53:15 am »

3D wall doesn't seem to build thumbnails on demand?   Loads of missing thumbnails in the 3D display...

Had to do a full Build Missing Thumbnails to restore them.

Mark

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:52 pm »

crash after move/write tags

log

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 10:46:33 pm »

I'm doing a lot of stuff with MPL import, and there are issues.

MC crashes from time to time when doing an import. I couldn't identify a pattern yet, but it seems this happens a lot when importing large MPL files (larger than 50MB).

MPL files for data import are stored under the "Imported Playlists" playlist group. This is a problem, as they are not "real" playlists. Suggestion: add and parse a special XML tag or attribute to identify data import MPL's (something like <MPL Version="2.0" Title="Data Import" Type="Data">), and don't add them to "Imported Playlists".

In connection to the above issue: at least one time, while clicking around the "Playlists" tree, MC suddenly displayed the "Loading Local Resource" Windows, and chrashed shortly afterwards ("Cancel" would not work). I think MC was re-reading MPL's from the "Imported Playlists" playlist group. Now i don't know which of these playlist got re-read, and its data got re-imported. I have several versions of the same data import sets (with different values) in "Imported Playlists".
EDIT: the above effect happens when playing an item from the "Recently Imported" playlist. The MPL imports are stored in that playlist, but should not be stored there (they are not playlists by definition).

I really hope the MPL functionality gets an overhaul, or at least the necessary  fixes. It's obvious from various posts in Interact that metadata import is a very important topic, and MPL import is the only way to get large amounts of metadata into MC.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 02:36:04 am »

MPL files for data import are stored under the "Imported Playlists" playlist group. This is a problem, as they are not "real" playlists. Suggestion: add and parse a special XML tag or attribute to identify data import MPL's (something like <MPL Version="2.0" Title="Data Import" Type="Data">), and don't add them to "Imported Playlists".

+1

I really hope the MPL functionality gets an overhaul, or at least the necessary  fixes. It's obvious from various posts in Interact that metadata import is a very important topic, and MPL import is the only way to get large amounts of metadata into MC.

+1

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 05:17:21 am »

BUG:

When using the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialogue, changes to fields, ie Directories, Base Path are not reflected in the action window unless you mouse over the entries.

Also...

If the [album] name has a hyphen in it, for some reason this is changed to an underscore in the action window.  Is this correct behaviour?

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 09:19:04 am »

Doubt this is helpful, but got the following crash while doing nothing other than playing tracks.  Seemed to occur just as a track was ending:

1672515: 1756: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
1672547: 1756: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 4, lParam: 0, Window class: Afx:8230000:808:10011:0:0

No other useful log info.

Mark

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 10:09:24 am »

And another, just playing back, this time near the beginning of the track:

3010469: 5800: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
3010469: 5800: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 2, lParam: 0, Window class: JRiver Bar Class

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 10:51:47 am »

And another, just playing back, this time near the beginning of the track:

3010469: 5800: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
3010469: 5800: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 2, lParam: 0, Window class: JRiver Bar Class

Mark
Please start a new thread, with details on the filetypes and what else is running (third party plug-ins, visualizations, etc.)

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 11:17:53 am »

Whenever you click on Stacks -> Stack, Unstack, Collapse Stack or Expand Stack it jumps back up to the top of the file list...most frustrating!

drb

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 05:22:54 pm »

Browse mp3 files from a folder. RIght hand side scrollbar, move up and down. drwin comes up and shuts down the program. 100% reproducible issue in my system.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 05:47:21 pm »

um is 13.0.101 still considered beta?

ty

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 06:27:12 pm »

Who wants to know?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 06:30:06 pm »

all of your future customers? FBI? CIA? .. who are curious if Gforce Will finally work and all the other plugins that worked in other versions! as we were told they would work once 13 wasnt beta. 

ty

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 06:38:19 pm »

Are you with a three letter organization?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 06:46:32 pm »

actually a 7 letter one

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 06:57:32 pm »

microsoft?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 06:58:24 pm »

yawn.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 07:00:50 pm »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 07:07:38 pm »

But funny.  Thanks for a laugh.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 12:03:35 pm »

Browse mp3 files from a folder. RIght hand side scrollbar, move up and down. drwin comes up and shuts down the program. 100% reproducible issue in my system.

This isn't a problem I've heard before.  You might try disabling drwin and anything else that inserts itself into other processes.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 06:33:51 am »

crashes after manual import

Code: [Select]
1732171: 2536: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Rating; Elapsed ms: 10,462
1732171: 2536: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: R:\MC DB\MC13DB\field (file size).jmd
1732218: 2536: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: File Size; Elapsed ms: 33,800
1732218: 2536: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: R:\MC DB\MC13DB\field (duration).jmd
1732234: 2536: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Duration; Elapsed ms: 15,913
1732234: 2536: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: R:\MC DB\MC13DB\field (track #).jmd
1732265: 2536: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
1732265: 2536: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 0, wParam: 0, lParam: 0, Window class:

JONCAT

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:59 am »

1. If a rip is canceled, the log file is not written, even if 19 out of 20 tracks were successful.

2. Semi-colon delimited fields, when edited in-line, do not default to an active edit mode in the text entry box. It would be helpful to first be able to edit directly by adding text after F2, or then/alternatively decide to use checkboxes "manually" for tagging.

3. View schemes based on disk location do not show the correct files unless they are added via auto-import as a folder.

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 10:40:48 am »

3. View schemes based on disk location do not show the correct files unless they are added via auto-import as a folder.

Any view scheme shows only files that are imported (in a way or another) and thus included in the library database. A view that is based on disk location uses a location based filter when it displays a subset of the library files. This is intended and has always been like this.

The only place where you can browse unimported disk files is "Drives & Devices".

Using the auto-import tool is not the only way to import files. For instance, in "Drives & Devices" you can browse files and do "select > right-click > import" to import them. You can also right-click import unimported files after dragging them from Windows Explorer or other external applications to Playing Now. The "Image (small icon)" column shows the import status (yellow icon = unimported). I have added it to the list views in Playing Now and Drives & Devices.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 10:44:16 am »

I wasn't sure after I got my disk location scheme ofr Screen Captures working this morning, guess I was confusing the tree location with schemes. Thanks.

dc

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 03:57:34 pm »

The attached file is a fix for the flac replay gain bug. It's ONLY for 13.0.101. Replace the existing in_flac.dll in your MC13 plugins directory.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 13.0.101 -- essential FLAC fix
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 04:13:22 pm »

Thanks Bob. The fixed FLAC plugin works correctly.

I recommend anyone who uses FLAC and Replay Gain to avoid saving file tags and subsequently updating library from tags before the buggy dll file is replaced.

To anyone who is reading this as a guest, you must be logged in to access the attachment. Also, naturally the file must be unzipped before it can work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up