INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.132 -- Available Here  (Read 6114 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.132 -- Available Here
« on: March 03, 2009, 04:12:11 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130132.exe

13.0.132 (03/02/2009)

1. Changed: Television view in Theater View draws the time in front of program names faded out.
2. Fixed: The play button on an MCE remote would not toggle pause while playing fullscreen.
3. Fixed: The Enter key (OK on MCE remote) would not pause DVD playback like it would with other forms of playback.
4. Changed: When changing the volume, an on screen display will be shown.
5. Changed: The page up / page down (channel up / channel down on MCE remote) allows looping in Theater View lists. (uses timer to prevent loops from key repeats)
6. Changed: When selecting a Theater View roller item that navigates (like Back, Playing Now, etc.), first the selection will move, then the navigation will occur.  This makes it more clear what is happening.
7. Changed: Theater View rollers look smoother when switching views.
8. Changed: When user starts to record a TV program using right-click or OSD menu, the program name is briefly displayed on screen.
9. Fixed: Drawing partially transparent text onto a transparent background (Theater View, etc.) could result in artifacts.
10. Changed: MCE remote buttons "Guide" and "Recorded Television" show corresponding view in Theater View.

13.0.131 (02/27/2009)

1. Fixed: If a user closed MC without first stopping television currently recording, the recording was lost.
2. Changed: Locate menu items shown in the MRU menu again.
3. Changed: The channel up / channel down media keys / MCE remote keys will operate as a page up / page down while in Theater View.
4. Changed: Pressing the "Play" button on an MCE remote with something selected in Theater View will play that item. (previously it would only do this if stopped, otherwise it would toggle pause)
5. Fixed: The page up / page down buttons could lead to strange results with Theater View rollers.
6. Changed: The DVD Menu shortcut (MCE Remote, MCC_DVD_MENU, etc.), when DVD is not already playing, will start disc playback if nothing is playing or prompt to start disc playback if something is playing.
7. Changed: 3D Album / Showroom views better update when thumbnails are built.
8. Changed: 3D Album / Showroom views use full-resolution textures when zooming into an image.
9. Changed: Scrolling through a Theater View roller won't loop around from end to end during key repeats (works like other Theater View lists).
10. Changed: By default, CD & DVD is after Television in Theater View root view.
11. Fixed: On occasions files for multiple television recordings could end up in the same folder.  Deleting one recording would cause other recordings to be deleted.
12. Changed: Renamed "CD & DVD" to "DVD" in Theater View. (sorry, requires root items to be reconfigured)
13. Changed: Mouse-wheeling over a combobox during in-place edit will roll the combobox index instead of scrolling the list.
14. NEW: When clicking a column header to sort a grouped list, you will be asked if you want to sort inside groups or if you want to temporarily disable grouping and sort all the files.
15. Changed: The "Select Filters" context menu item is back for DirectShow audio or video playback.
16. NEW: Entering the Theater View root while playing television or video will pause playback, and resume when exiting Theater View.
17. Changed: Made the toggle system used by the Green button on an MCE remote more sophisticated so that when rolling modes, it will normally put the home screen two clicks away and the display / last view one click away.
18. Changed: Removed the restriction that prevented configuration of TV devices while recording.

13.0.130 (02/26/2009)

1. Changed: When shutting down the system from Theater View, first the program is shutdown, then the system is shutdown. (prevents cases where Windows cuts Media Center off during shutdown making a database save not possible)
2. Changed: Running Media Server will disable the option to 'Allow multiple instances to run at one time'.
3. Changed: ID3v2 tags no longer store a TXXX(JR/Date) in ID3v2.3 tags when they have no more precision (i.e. time) than the year (TYER) field.
4. Fixed: Theater View News could show a superfluous dot at the end of each line when reading the full story.
5. Fixed: "Crop Edges" property that had been saved in database for a video file was not applied when the video was played.
6. Changed: When TV finishes recording and imports the recording into the library, the "Crop Edges" property of the file is set according to the setting under TV Settings.
7. Changed: TV recording files (jtv, jts) that do not have "Crop Edges" property saved in the dataabase will have it default to TRUE at playback time, regardless of the setting's value in "DirectShow video playback settings".

13.0.129 (02/25/2009)

1. Changed: Removed the old "Select Filters" dialog window.  Removed DirectShow file type list from "DirectShow Playback Options" window, and renamed the window "DirectShow Video Playback Options."
2. Changed: When starting the program when another instance is already running, if the other instance can't be activated, because it's in another user account or is hung, an error message is shown.
3. Changed: MCE fast-forward / rewind buttons do 5x, 20x, 100x seeking.  Using left and right arrows do jumping.
4. Changed: Switched the default volume mode on Vista and later to "System Volume". (can be changed under Player > Volume)
5. Changed: The "Band" field is saved as TXXX(JR/Band) in an MP3 ID3v2 tag instead of TXXX(Band) to avoid conflicts with some software that considers TXXX(Band) the album artist.
6. Changed: The "Date" field is saved as TXXX(JR/Date) in an MP3 ID3v2 tag instead of TXXX(Date) to avoid conflicts with some software that considers TXXX(Date) the year.
8. Changed: ID3v2 tagging used TDRC for date storage and removes other date fields when writing ID3v2.4 tags.
9. Fixed: In rare cases, bicubic image rendering from a large size to a very small size could cause a crash.

13.0.128 (02/24/2009)

1. NEW: DirectShow filters selection on "File Types" dialog window.
2. Changed: The options for recorded television programs in Theater View will show "Watch" and "Delete" instead of the regular play menu.
3. Changed: The "My Recordings" view in Theater View puts the newest programs at the top of the view.
4. Changed: Improved the information panel display shown in Theater View for television programs.
5. Changed: Some naming tweaks to Television view in Theater View.
6. Fixed: Television recording options "Record Current Hour", "Record Current Two Hours", and "Record Current Three Hours" via context menu or OSD menu did not work.
7. NEW: Pressing the record button (media key / MCE remote) will toggle a program to be recorded or not while in Theater View's television view, will toggle recording of the current program while watching, and will otherwise show television view in Theater View.
8. Changed: Choosing to record a program from Theater View will silently schedule a simple recording for that program instead of showing the Standard View popup dialog.
9. Changed: Changed previous / next buttons on MCE remote to switch tracks when playing something other than television (still seeks when playing television).

13.0.127 (02/23/2009)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
2. Changed: The Green button on an MCE remote rolls between the last view of Theater View, the home view of Theater View, and Display View (when playing). (also applies to Shift+F11 shortcut)
3. Changed: Theater View thumbnails cap at two lines of text instead of three.
4. Fixed: Theater View thumbnails didn't draw a ... at the end of the last line when all the text did not fit.
5. NEW: Pressing left / right will seek, and enter will toggle pause when in fullscreen Display View playback. (use up / down to show on screen display)
6. Changed: Special handling of image playback from #5 so left / right switch images, and enter returns to the last view.
7. Changed: On Windows 7, MCE remote handler stops (and restarts on close) ehrecvr.exe instead of ehtray.exe. (please report results if you're running Windows 7)
8. Fixed: Playing from a Showroom Theater View view could crash if the player was set to jump on play.
9. Changed: Arrowing up from a Theater View list will set the focus to the second (hidden) roller, then the top roller.
10. NEW: If the field "iTunes Compilation" exists, it will be read and written to ID3v2 MP3 tags using the TCMP frame.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 13.0.132 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 04:19:52 pm »

12. Changed: Renamed "CD & DVD" to "DVD" in Theater View. (sorry, requires root items to be reconfigured)
I still wonder if "Optical Disc" would be more accurate and inclusive (CD, DVD, BLU).  Of course that would not go over well with normal people.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:28:28 am »

Thanks so much for replacing the filter selection capability during playback!  ;D

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:22:47 am »

Hello,

I had problems when installing 13.0.132.

The problem started to occur with 13.0.129.

I reboot my PC every morning, then I start MJ13, and almost every time it hangs up after loading completely
In task manager the process show 0% activity, and Windows is not capable to terminated it (looks like a deadlock).
IT CANNOT BE ABORTED no way, each time I had to hard reboot the PC.
Till I was on 13.0.129,  After rebooting, MJ13 was working correctly until next day.
after installing 13.0.132, no way to make it work, even when starting with all default, each time I had to reboot to kill it.

Did anybody encounter the same problem ?

So far, I completely uninstall the product and reinstall it, reload the same database and so far it is ok (after 2 hours)  it is ok.
I will let you know if it deadlocks again.

Rgds

Phil

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:05:50 am »

1. Tree file browsing: repeating keypress does not move selection to next in list

2. Powered up MC, browsed to a tile, push play and MC always now starts playing the last track (sorting set by track in correct order doesn't help - shuffle auto enabled).

3. Removing usb device (charge iPhone) caused lockup of full screen MC playing video.

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:26:44 am »

Hello,

I had problems when installing 13.0.132.

The problem started to occur with 13.0.129.

I reboot my PC every morning, then I start MJ13, and almost every time it hangs up after loading completely
In task manager the process show 0% activity, and Windows is not capable to terminated it (looks like a deadlock).
IT CANNOT BE ABORTED no way, each time I had to hard reboot the PC.
Till I was on 13.0.129,  After rebooting, MJ13 was working correctly until next day.
after installing 13.0.132, no way to make it work, even when starting with all default, each time I had to reboot to kill it.

Did anybody encounter the same problem ?

So far, I completely uninstall the product and reinstall it, reload the same database and so far it is ok (after 2 hours)  it is ok.
I will let you know if it deadlocks again.

Rgds

Phil

Please provide a log if the problem continues:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Crashes

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 10:33:12 am »

I'll provide some logs as well. When I experience lockups of MC on various machines, my main frustration is the quite often the process can not be killed off and a had shutdown is required. MC13 seems to be pretty smooth overall but I've seen this on XP and Vista (at work and at home). It's not so much that this happens every day, but when it does happen, it's always at the WORST possible time (i.e. your showing your snooty neighborhood audiophile how great MC is ; ) or even MUCH worse, when your 3 year old has just started which Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.....

...otherwise I'm enjoying a lot of the speed improvements in 13.

DC

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:36 pm »

4. Changed: When changing the volume, an on screen display will be shown.

This is a nice touch. Thanks.

RE My previous problem with Tv recording - it did it again last night in 129 but seems to be fixed in 132.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 05:13:55 am »

I very much like the new Theater View.
There is one thing that I would like to see different.
I would like to have an option to switch of the display (ugly box > sorry) at the bottum of Playing Now.
I have had suggestion to go into the definition of the view, but that's not for me.
Could you please consider building this option????
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 09:46:52 am »

The bug I reported (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50778.msg347328#msg347328) still exists in this version, basically making it impossible to modify a view scheme.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 09:57:29 am »

I think there may be an issue with saving views.
I selected a view scheme, edited it to save the view as "test".
When I created a new view, I was not given "test" as an option from which to load.

Worse still, I took an existing view that had previously been saved as TV Shows, and when I saved it again thereby replacing TV Shows, and created a new view, TV SHows was no longer an avialable option from which to load.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

craft

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 10:40:00 am »

MC still doesn't scrobble tracks (except for track #1) from a .CUE sheet and file (regardless of format, mp3, flac or ape) ?

nuke2000

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »

Left arrow, backspace and green button in theatreview pauses the now playing.

Oh, and the volume is displayed at begginning of every track - somewhat unecessary

Keep up the good work guys  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 04:41:40 pm »

Left arrow, backspace and green button in theatreview pauses the now playing.
That's a feature.  Video or slideshows will pause when not visible.  Music should not pause.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 08:55:07 pm »

With the recording feature via OSD, would it be possible to implement an option whereby we can adjust the time MC records for after the scheduled finishing time (like when scheduling a recording). Perhaps 'Record current program' and 'Record current program + 20 minutes', or else an option in the TV Config screen.

Reason being, networks in Oz are notorious for running programs late in order to boost the ratings of the following programs, so simply recording the programs to schedule means we miss the last 10, 15 or even 20 minutes of a show sometimes. 

nuke2000

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 07:28:41 am »

That's a feature.  Video or slideshows will pause when not visible.  Music should not pause.

Oh, problem is when playing a video playlist full screen and wishing to add to that playlist your music stops every time you wish to add something . As we have a pause button is it really necessary to have every way of quitting big screen forcing your video playlist to pause?

Can i suggest that this is a feature we can turn on or off please?

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 06:37:20 pm »

I installed this over the previous MC13 build (my first trial of MC13 since MC10). I'd remove the Theater View "Video" root item and replaced it with sepearate root "Films", "TV Shows" etc. The upgrade removed these and recreated Video. When I tried to rebuild them, they didn't work if I used the same names "Films", "TV Shows" etc. when I tried to browse into them, I got no files, just infinitely nested folders. If I changed the names, they worked fine, but I had to do a full Reset! to be allowed to rebuild them with the original names.

JONCAT

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »

1. Install of new version changes default playback devices (went from Realtek HDMI to System Wav).

2. Gyration support is broken. Suddenly my button that simply sends an F11 keypress makes MC jump into theater view, whereas the keyboard cycles through Display View first (which I need). The Guide button on the Gyration was mapped to cycle views by default whatever changed is NOT able to be fixed by deliberately mapping the Guide button to F11. Please look into this bug.

thanks!

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 12:55:38 pm »

1. Install of new version changes default playback devices (went from Realtek HDMI to System Wav).

There's no way for third party software to change the default device.  This is a Windows security thing, which I think is a drag because I wanted to automate it a while ago.

2. Gyration support is broken. Suddenly my button that simply sends an F11 keypress makes MC jump into theater view, whereas the keyboard cycles through Display View first (which I need). The Guide button on the Gyration was mapped to cycle views by default whatever changed is NOT able to be fixed by deliberately mapping the Guide button to F11. Please look into this bug.

If F11 works, and the remote just sends an F11, I don't think it's an MC problem.  Start a thread if you want to discuss more.

And remember that Shift+F11 (green button on MCE remote) was changed intentionally.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nuke2000

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 01:01:38 pm »

I installed this over the previous MC13 build (my first trial of MC13 since MC10). I'd remove the Theater View "Video" root item and replaced it with sepearate root "Films", "TV Shows" etc. The upgrade removed these and recreated Video. When I tried to rebuild them, they didn't work if I used the same names "Films", "TV Shows" etc. when I tried to browse into them, I got no files, just infinitely nested folders. If I changed the names, they worked fine, but I had to do a full Reset! to be allowed to rebuild them with the original names.

Similar issue here with the infinately nested folders in my 'Music Video's' root, took some time to figure out what was going on and like you a full reset necessary

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 10:01:29 am »

I don't I was very clear; the selected devices inside MC zones get changed when I upgrade. I have observed this for a while.

I'll start a new thread on Intelliremote problems; I contacted them and their solutions aren't working. FWIW, Ctrl-T keyboard command initiated by Gyration doesn't change zones, it jumps to Theater View, like the other buttons that used to work fine.

This issue cropped up right after install of .132

DC

There's no way for third party software to change the default device.  This is a Windows security thing, which I think is a drag because I wanted to automate it a while ago.

If F11 works, and the remote just sends an F11, I don't think it's an MC problem.  Start a thread if you want to discuss more.

And remember that Shift+F11 (green button on MCE remote) was changed intentionally.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 03:46:26 pm »

An MPL playlist that consists of CD and DVD files doesn't import the filename values at all and the imported files do not appear in the CD database.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50889.msg348217#msg348217
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 04:13:09 pm »

Negative ranges don't seem to work. In MC10, this in a smartlist
[Replay Gain]=-7--5
worked, i.e. gave you any file whose replay gain was between -7 and -5. In MC13, it gives you no results. What I actually want is those outside this range. Using the wizard to add a custom rule
[Replay Gain]=<-7 or [Replay Gain]=>-5
works OK the first time, but when I go back to edit it, the Wizard has converted it into two rules and removed the OR, giving no results. It seems a real shame that the wizard has no way to do bracketing, OR or exclusion.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 05:16:20 pm »

In my Windows XP Advanced graphics settings, I have my monitor DPI set to 120dpi (125%) to make everything more readable on a TV. Mostly MC13 works fine with this, but there are a few things that don't
The Tools->Library Tools->Rename, Move & Copy Files form doesn't fit in its dialog box
The Manage Library Fields form doesn't fit in its dialogue box
When entering a range in the Smartlist wizard, the two value boxes are too narrow to read a value

I know this probably isn't high on your priority list, but for proper Windows GUI conformity, it should work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up