INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.161 -- Available Here  (Read 9224 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 13.0.161 -- Available Here
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:12:19 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter130161.exe

13.0.161 (04/29/2009)

1. Changed: Picking a zone-specific Playing Now (introduced in build 160) also switches to that zone.
2. Fixed: In certain cases, running two JRiver players at once could cause some COM-based plugins to fail to work properly.

13.0.160 (04/28/2009)

1. Changed: Improved Theater View television view for dealing with live television (renamed "Channels" to "Live TV", better integrated guide data, etc.)
2. Changed: The "Big Screen" roller item in Theater View's Playing Now no longer appears when nothing is playing.
3. Changed: Pressing enter on a navigation roller item in Theater View with no function will do the same as pressing the down button.
4. Changed: After loading programming guide data, TV program cover art will be automatically downloaded in the background. (will only run automatically, at most, every 14 days)
5. NEW: Added support for command line switch /NoDependencies to installer to bypass installation of third-party dependencies like DirectX tools DLL, etc.
6. NEW: Added new repeat mode "Stop After Every Item", which can be useful in DJ settings.
7. Fixed: MC would hang when moved to a different monitor while time-shifting on a television channel.
8. Fixed: The Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool did not allow semi-colons in output filenames.
9. NEW: When multiple zones are configured, each zone will show up under "Playing Now" in the tree.  This allows linking tabs or split views to different zones.  Activating these views also switches the active zone. [experimental -- may not remain]
10. Fixed: A large MP3 of all binary 0's could cause the analyzer to crash.

13.0.159 (04/27/2009)

1. Fixed: Playing a file from Theater View when another file was playing could just show the playing file in some cases (only applies to build 158).
2. Fixed: Deleting a television program or scheduling a recording from Theater View using the roller could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: Text spacing in CD ripping progress action window was wrong.
4. Fixed: Explorer view would go bonkers when faced with thousands of folders within one directory.
5. Changed: Country, Producer fields are available for all media types.
6. Changed: Country, Producer, and Screenwriter fields are changed to list type.
7. Fixed: Some comboboxes would not properly draw their drop arrow when disabled.
8. Fixed: When doing a Quick S
earch (F3), a partially visible thumbnail would not be made wholly visible.
9. Changed: View customization allows list grouping and album thumbnails in smartlists and playlist groups. (but not possible in ordered lists like a playlist or Playing Now since it would fight with the ordering)
10. Changed: Added Windows 7 compatibility section to executable manifests; prevents Program Compatibility Assistant popups on install, etc.
11. Changed: When importing television recordings, the time of the show is rounded to the nearest 5 minutes to make it better coincide with the program starting time.

13.0.158 (04/24/2009)

1. Changed: Quick Search highlights matches using edit colors instead of bold.
2. Changed: When adding a new library view, the new view name will automatically be set to the name of the selected view instead of always using "New Library View". (can still be customized)
3. Fixed: Audio problem on analog TV/capture devices when using an input line (in particular, Hauppauge HD PVR Capture device).
4. Changed: Performing an action that requires the Action Window (Tag link on thumbnail, Burn disc, etc.) will unhide the tree if it's hidden.
5. Fixed: When loading a Podcast Feed, a content type was specified in the request header, which could confuse some servers.
6. Fixed: Using right-click menu or OSD menu to start recording from a video input line (on Hauppauge HD PVR Capture and other devices) did nothing.
7. Fixed: Erroneous message box saying "You are watching channel <blank>.  Do you want to cancel it and start recording" was displayed when MC tried to start scheduled recording on a non-tuner video capture device.
8. Fixed: Viewing a large folder in a My Computer view could cause a crash.
9. Changed: When updating a 'My Computer' view that takes a while, the list will empty and say 'Working...' instead of showing the last visible items and not indicating that it's working.
10. Fixed: When leaving a view in Theater View where the file info panel showed the playing display, the frame would not fade out for a few seconds.
11. Changed: Playing a file in Theater View that's already playing will just jump to Display View instead of restarting the file.
12. Changed: When viewing a DVD menu fullscreen, the 'Play' button on a remote will act like enter instead of pause.
13. Fixed: The Television view in Theater View would not show programs once there was less five minutes left.
14. NEW: Added more sophisticated system for specifying when television subscriptions should record. (i.e. once per day, once per week, etc.)
15. NEW: A context menu item "Show signal strength on screen" for digital television that allows signal strength info stay on screen until user turns it off.  It also works with OSD menu (using left or right arrow to toggle).
16. Changed: Moved the television Configure > Show Status command to the Settings dialog instead of the menu. (to work more like the other debugging helpers on the Settings dialog)
17. NEW: Added ability to have television recordings automatically deleted after some period of time. (can be set per subscription or per episode inside a subscription)
18. Fixed: In certain cases, the selection could be lost off the screen in Theater View.
19. Fixed: Search suggestions were not reachable with the down key on the keyboard.
20. Changed: Revised layout of television recording wizard.
21. Changed: "Repeat Playing Now" no longer loops when there is only a single file in Playing Now.  This way, repeat can be left on but not cause television, DVD, etc. playback to loop.  "Repeat Current Item" can be used to repeat a single file.
22. Changed: Configuring the player to run Media Server on startup in Options > Startup will also start Media Server at that time.
23. Changed: Revised how the player buttons at the top right of the player work.  They show a menu, right-click and left-click merged, etc.
24. Changed: Automatic shuffle mode logic revised so it only shuffles audio, and only when more than one album are being played.
25. Changed: The zone menu no longer shows things like "Toggle Zone", "Synchronize Zone", etc. until more than one zone is configured.
26. NEW: When loading a library or starting playback of a file on a network (mapped drive or UNC) Media Center will try to reconnect, with a login dialog if needed, to unavailable network resources.

13.0.156 (04/21/2009)

1. Fixed: Scheduled recordings that had been disabled could still wake the computer from sleep.
2. Changed: When inserting a string into an expression edit control, it would always add to the end if some text was selected -- now it replaces the text (unless the entire edit is selected).
3. Changed: More tweaks in television graph building.
4. Changed: Added some logging to 3D engine (Theater View, etc.) to help troubleshoot problems.
5. Optimized: Rewrote core string relpacement function (used widely internally) to be much faster.
6. NEW: When doing a Quick Search (Ctrl+Q), the typed phrases will be highlighted (currently with bold) in the list.

13.0.155 (04/20/2009)

1. Fixed: The installer would launch Media Center after installation on Windows 7, causing possible UAC troubles (since the installer can only run Media Center elevated, but a normal run should not be elevated).
2. Optimized: Resaved all included artwork files using a better encoder, reducing the build size and helping program load times.
3. Changed: Updated internal APE decoding to use Monkey's Audio 4.08 (prerelease) SDK which has fix for poor APE streaming performance.
4. Changed: JTS file type (television time-shifting file) is removed from file types list.  Only JTV file type is used for TV recordings.
5. Fixed: On a fresh install, the player could ask about using a library from an older version of the player when it shouldn't have asked.
6. Changed: The user's font selection (or the default Segoe UI on Vista and Win 7) is used in many more dialogs and the installer.
7. Fixed: Deleting a television recording from Theater View could cause a crash.
8. Changed: Tweaked digital television graph building in an attempt to fix a problem on Windows 7.
9. NEW: Replaced "Quick Search" popup dialog with search integrated into the list. (Ctrl+Q or Edit menu)

13.0.154 (04/16/2009)

1. Fixed: With media server running, closing the program did not apply user settings for clearing playing now, recently imported, etc.
2. Changed: The MP3 parser will accept MP3 files with up to a megabyte of binary 0's before the first frame of audio data.
3. Fixed: When removing obsoleted components at upgrade install time, errors could be shown in some cases.
4. Fixed: Television would not work with some Windows 7 filters.

13.0.153 (04/15/2009)

1. NEW: Introduced new encoder plugin system; merged all stock encoders into enc_main.dll plugin.
2. Changed: Haali Video Renderer is now available for use with digital television.  You may need to reset your video renderer selection.
3. Fixed: If a view title contained an ampersand, it could size tabs incorrectly so that it ended with ... when it wasn't necessary.
4. Changed: Integrated latest OGG Vorbis libraries into OGG playback / tagging plugin.
5. Changed: Added "Credits" field.  Importing My Movies xml file adds only actor names to Actors field, but actor/role to credits field.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jack wallstreet

Re: Media Center 13.0.161 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:03:13 pm »

Wow!
John

Lobotom1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:56:34 pm »

Yeah, like this bullet fast support :) my podcast can be played now ....   Welcome to IT wonderland !!!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

If you use the recently fixed Wavpack encoder plugin that Bob from JRiver provided don't install this build if you want to continue encoding WavPack files.

This build includes an encoder architecture change that changes how all internal encoders are handled. There are no separate dll plugins for each format anymore. Unfortunately the change makes the third party WavPack encoder plugin unavailable. Matt promised to fix the problem, but it may take some time. WavPack playback is not affected. Regarding the WavPack plugins, see also my reply here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50621.msg352993#msg352993

The encoder architecture change is mostly internal and the changes in the user interface are minimal. However, it would be nice if the users would test their personal encoding settings and ways to encode audio files and report if they find anything that doesn't work as expected. I did some personal tests and couldn't find anything to report, but I didn't try every possible way to use the encoders.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 01:41:31 pm »

4. Fixed: Explorer view would go bonkers when faced with thousands of folders within one directory.

I go bonkers from time to time.  Be nice.

6. NEW: Added new repeat mode "Stop After Every Item", which can be useful in DJ settings.

This is possible through the MC options already, right?  I like the idea of making this easily available.  From what I've seen, neither iTunes nor WMP offer this fundamentally basic ability.  I have used this several times for performances I ran sound for.

Thank you for another fantastic release!

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 01:48:41 pm »

When gridlines are set to off, they still appear in lots of places, such as the tag window, any custom sort boxes, the field list under manage library fields, etc.

Crash:
Switch to Party Mode or another Library (or even try to find Library Servers and fail)
MC switches all views to Start
[Optionally: click on eg. Audio]
Press back
MC crashes.

Viewing Images:

Top viewed as Thumbnails
Play images
Delete an image from Display View
Close Display View

Top shows details instead of thumbnails until refreshed.

Under Playlists, help links to:
- More about Playlists
- Smartlists
- Playlist Groups
All just point to the Wiki Home page.

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 02:32:08 pm »

Search Highlighting!

I can't wait to test this out!  Thanks so much.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:59 pm »

:D
Greates build ever!

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 05:58:11 pm »

I can now access 'my computer' within MC.  Thanks for fixing this issue. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 06:58:48 pm »

Mike Noe's Paint Issues.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 07:03:56 pm »

FYI, Copyright is 2008 (two places on version screen)
John

jolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 01:08:12 am »

Matt,

I have to comment on this and all of the builds you release.

As a long, long time Media Center (Jukebox) registered user, I have downloaded and installed more upgrades, fixes and enhancements than I can remember.

I also have been a business programmer and IT professional for about two decades.  ? (translation, old fart  :D)

What amazes me is how I cannot remember when a build that I downloaded didn't install properly.
To me, consistency and reliability are the two most important characteristics of great software and a programmer who practices "The Art" of programming.

Besides that, the continuous improvement of the product is also something I admire greatly.

I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your work and how your work has created some very special, long term customer confidence and loyalty.

Thank you for your work, it is appreciated.

Jon T.

ElQuia

• World Citizen
wavpack wonīt play
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 04:11:02 am »

Matt: Sorry if this post is duplicated, this is a 161 bug so I guess it goes here. Essentially the same I posted in "Topic: Wavepack and DirectX Host - please make them work again!!!"

Just installed 13.0.161. WAVPACK doesn't play. If I select directshow filter it plays but when starting play of file it makes a horrible noise!!!!, and volume leveling doesn't work. Till yesterday I was on build 152 and wv played OK

Yes I installed the fixed decoder. I'm using build 161.
NO, wavpack does not play.
I donīt know what the problem is, (I am all for testing anything), but I donīt think downgrading is an option. I bought MC because of itīs quality, support, flexibility and also (one of my first priorities) it's capability of decoding and encoding lossless formats, MAINLY wavpack. Iīm using flac lately, but also, I donīt think converting ALL my wv (got about 40 GB of wv files) files to flac is an option!!. If you guys are going to fix this, OK, Iīll wait, but I'd like to know if it will happen or not.

Just In case: Iīm on vista ultimate x64, windows is up to date, wv plays OK in other directshow based players, and encodes/decodes ok in other softs also.

Repeat: NO, wavpack does not play. Please advise ? :-\

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 07:58:01 am »

When using mapped drives, MC will not 'see' the drives until you first open each drive's folder in Windows Explorer. Before doing that MC reports the files as not existing.

This occurs each time MC is started not just after one of the machines is rebooted.

Once you open the mapped drive's folder in Explorer then MC properly displays the file and it's location as being in existence and "Locate On Disk (External)" will go to the folder as it should.
. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 08:18:32 am »

I found a bug in the new encoder architecture. MC replaces an identically named file on the disk without warning. The old encoders renamed the new file automatically and preseved the existing file.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 08:26:00 am »

When using mapped drives, MC will not 'see' the drives until you first open each drive's folder in Windows Explorer. Before doing that MC reports the files as not existing.

This occurs each time MC is started not just after one of the machines is rebooted.

Once you open the mapped drive's folder in Explorer then MC properly displays the file and it's location as being in existence and "Locate On Disk (External)" will go to the folder as it should.

This is a longstanding issue, but one I'm not sure is unique to MC.
Someone (glynor?) wrote a startup tool which 'activates' mapped drives when windows starts up... so MC can read the mapped drive from the get-go. I'm not sure where that thread went though!

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 11:08:02 am »

I can now access 'my computer' within MC.  Thanks for fixing this issue. 
Me too...
Thank you.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 01:58:49 pm »

Playlist trouble:

Just been building a playlist, and occasionally the action window for it would suddenly empty as if it's not got anything in it.  However when I added another file by dropping it onto the window, everything reappeared, so there was no problem.
Then it did it again, and rather than just adding the file to the border window, I dropped it in the actual section where the files are normally shown.  Byebye playlist :(

It seemed to be when I was double clicking on files to play them that it blanked it out, but not consistently.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 04:40:26 pm »

Nice Release, thanks.  I really like all of the 'fixed' items.

221bBS

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 08:03:22 pm »

MC crashed every time I tried to rip a CD on both DVD Drives I have. Encoder was set to rip to FLAC, default settings plus verify encoding. Uninstalled and installed 152 and everything is fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 08:05:07 pm »

MC crashed every time I tried to rip a CD on both DVD Drives I have. Encoder was set to rip to FLAC, default settings plus verify encoding. Uninstalled and installed 152 and everything is fine.
Try rebooting and reinstalling 161.

221bBS

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 09:01:26 pm »

Try rebooting and reinstalling 161.

After MC crashed a few times I decided to reboot but it didn't help. I also disabled my anti-virus and firewall but it still crashed. Finally decided to uninstall it and reinstall older version. I can try uninstalling 152 then installing 161. Might have been a problem with the upgrade?

keither

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 09:21:26 pm »

Playlist trouble:

Just been building a playlist, and occasionally the action window for it would suddenly empty as if it's not got anything in it.  However when I added another file by dropping it onto the window, everything reappeared, so there was no problem.
Then it did it again, and rather than just adding the file to the border window, I dropped it in the actual section where the files are normally shown.  Byebye playlist :(

It seemed to be when I was double clicking on files to play them that it blanked it out, but not consistently.

I'm seeing the same thing.

Vali Mihai

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 11:46:06 pm »

I still want the specific time TopHits SmartList (most played in the last week, in the last month etc. - customizable) integrated in MC13 like usual TopHits.  :'( This feature is also another DJ future request - I play music with MC13 at a Radio Station. Perhaps a separated plug in? I will pay for this.

rjm

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 12:18:19 am »

Convert is badly broken. If the option "Send original to Recycle Bin" is set, the files that remain are trashed, and the originals are not moved to the recycle bin.
This is a big warning to anyone without a backup.

I have only tested this with mp3 -> Lame mp3 transcoding.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 09:37:39 am »

Playlist trouble:

This will be fixed next build.  As a workaround, you can do a manual refresh (F5).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

craft

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 03:31:53 pm »

I'm also having problems with the Playing Now playlist not showing any files..

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 05:16:26 pm »

I fixed this issue on my Vista laptop a few months ago by doing the following:

1. Right click on Command Prompt in the Start Menu and selected Run As Administrator.
   2. Type the following:  Net Use m: "\\Kitchen\Media (M)" /PERSISTENT:yes
         In this example I am mapping to M whose computer is called Kitchen and the drive is called Media (M)
   3. Exit out of the command prompt

It's been a while since I've done this, so I don't recall if you have to unmap before following these instructions or not. Nor do I recall if you have to remap after following these instructions.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

tglasgow

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 09:09:34 pm »

RickFromPhila

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:56 pm »

Hi JimH....

PLEASE... :)  Add ability to (sort) "My Web Media" folder....currently...it's confusing to tell which downloaded file is the most current....there's no sort order via date, etc....Thanks!

Also:  Library Backup:  Please add button to "customize toolbar" selection....I backup often...this would save time going back and forth into menu.

Also: UNDO command...or "ARE YOU SURE" popup, when sending Playing Now into an existing playist...to eliminate errors of importing into the wrong list...(without verifying first)....

Ability to Play files (within) their playlist (without) going to Play Now....(please add as an option)....sometimes one may want to preserve the Playing Now List...

....thanks!

***JimH...also, the "Check for Updates" does not work on occassion...a few updates ago, it worked fine...

***Anyone know what skin this is???:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?PHPSESSID=56c36c2eb42eb4ab54c1a7e2f1ad044a&topic=48127.0

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 03:10:19 pm »

I fixed this issue on my Vista laptop a few months ago by doing the following:

Thanks Lise, will look into it.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up