INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD ISO file support?  (Read 2638 times)

clearplastic

• Recent member
DVD ISO file support?
« on: May 01, 2009, 01:08:57 pm »

Hi!

I understand ISO is not supported yet.  Are there plans to do this?    My original plan was to rip all of my DVDs to ISO files.

(I'm having problems playing DVDs at ALL right now, but I've started another topic for that)

Thanks!

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVD ISO file support?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 06:28:29 pm »

There is no direct support for mounting images right now, but there are great ways of acomplishing what you want. I use Deamon Tools, and set it at auto mount, and I set Windows XP to auto play the DVD from that drive to J River Media Center 13. When that is done, you have to actually import the iso, img, nrg files etc to the library. This files will be imported under the Data section of the library. You can either add the data file types to the Video view scheme, or you can edit the Media Type tag to Video for all the image files.

This have at least worked very good for me. I only hope there is a way of setting the Media Type automaticly under auto import soon.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

clearplastic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »

Other video players load ISO directly, so I'll bet it's planned here.

I see how your solution works, but you can't do that thru Theater view at all then?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 04:23:43 am »

Sure you can! It's all done automaticly as you hit the play button. No problemos. There's really no difference actually playing a file in Theater View compared to standard view.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up