INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palm Pre Support  (Read 5346 times)

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
Palm Pre Support
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:00:24 am »

J River does not currently recognize my Palm Pre.  Would be great if you guys could add support for media syncing for this device.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Palm Pre Support
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:49:37 am »

Can you see it as a drive from Windows Explorer?  If so, you can edit the file locations under Handheld options.  Let us know what you find. 

sheltem

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:57:47 pm »

I got sync working by manually adding the Pre as a handheld.

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:01:12 pm »

Can you see it as a drive from Windows Explorer?  If so, you can edit the file locations under Handheld options.  Let us know what you find. 

Ah... yes, this should work.  Thank you.

Also, will J River remember separate sync options for this device and my iPod so I don't have to change them each time I change devices?

sheltem

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »

Ah... yes, this should work.  Thank you.

Also, will J River remember separate sync options for this device and my iPod so I don't have to change them each time I change devices?

Were you able to get your Pre to see JRiver generated playlists?  Apparently the music player only supports Itunes playlists.  It doesn't seem to recognize .m3u or .asx files.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 02:56:33 pm »

I've read that, in one of the modes the Pre has, it presents itself as an iPod.  If so, MC should just recognize it and act accordingly.

Here's a post with more:
http://nanocr.eu/2009/06/04/palm-pre-usb-hack-confirmed/

sheltem

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 09:11:23 pm »

Yes when you set your device to "media sync", the Pre detects itself as an Ipod.  However, Media Center still gives me the same error message as USB Mass Storage Mode: "Device information cannot be retrieved. Please reboot your PC and retry."

pmc

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:37:42 pm »

Here's a thread about getting a playlist into the Pre music ap:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/194744-how-palm-pre-m3u-playlist.html

I tried a few different things to get a playlist to work, so I'm not sure which if either of these further tweaks are necessary:

. change \ to / (think Linux)

. stick with "simple" not "extended" m3u

Note that it seems that going in and out of "USB Drive" mode is part of what prompts the music ap to rescan its files to find the new playlist.  Just renaming the parent directory (as described in the thread linked above) from a shell only confused the player which apparently didn't check its files at all in that case.

I just grabbed Jukebox tonight to deal with Ye Olde MusicMatch Tags (which it has done nicely, thanks).  Does the current Media Center have a \-or-/ option?

RanGT

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 09:45:01 am »

Just wanted to say I've been using Media Jukebox with Palm Pre and I love it! So much better than iTunes. Trying to get ppl from Palm Pre forums to switch over, thought now is good time for you guys to do advertising to get more Palm Pre users. Event though a new Webos 1.2.1 update was released today that reestablishes itunes sync, i think that fiasco is not over and its only a matter of time before pre users will need a good media player.

Media JK is better than the other media players because of the following reasons:

- playlists show up on Pre (not possible with alternative winamp, another program)
- Album art shows up on pre (not possible with alternative doubletwist or windows media player)
- faster than itunes

thanks for great program!!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 09:48:49 am »

Just wanted to say I've been using Media Jukebox with Palm Pre and I love it! So much better than iTunes. Trying to get ppl from Palm Pre forums to switch over, thought now is good time for you guys to do advertising to get more Palm Pre users. Event though a new Webos 1.2.1 update was released today that reestablishes itunes sync, i think that fiasco is not over and its only a matter of time before pre users will need a good media player.

Media JK is better than the other media players because of the following reasons:

- playlists show up on Pre (not possible with alternative winamp, another program)
- Album art shows up on pre (not possible with alternative doubletwist or windows media player)
- faster than itunes

thanks for great program!!!
Thank you!

RanGT

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 08:06:22 am »

So I just read an article on Engadget today about Doubletwist. Precentral.net also touts Doubletwist heavily.

I'm shocked Media Jukebox/Center does not get as much hype for the Palm Pre (trust me, i've tried!)

I've been using it since October with NO flaws. Even tried other programs but mediaJB always has a feature that those lack. I wish people would support mediaJK more for Palm Pre/Pixi since it works so well in media sync mode and we currently have no iTunes options with current versions.

Just thought you guys would want to contact Precentral to convince them this is a better option (IMO) for media management.

RanGT

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 10:42:29 pm »

Seems like a long time someone has posted about Palm Pre. A shame.

Just wanted to report that latest version of Media Jukebox 14 works really well with Palm Pre Media Sync Mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up