INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI Issues  (Read 3801 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
WASAPI Issues
« on: June 18, 2009, 06:40:26 pm »

I've been asked to start a thread to bring together any WASAPI issues that users are facing at present.

Stutter on Pause:  When using WASAPI Exclusvie, I get a fragment of the current playing track repeated over and over when pressing "pause" (regardless of the setting to flush the buffer on pause option).  The "size" of this fragment is directly dependant on the amount of buffer set in MC (eg the larger the buffer the larget the fragment that is looped during pause).  My Config is Vista 32-Bit SP2 Ultimate, ATI 4550 HDMI out with either the Reltek or Cat HDMI Audio Drivers.  I'm thinking this an MC issue as Reclocks Direct Show WASAPI based filter does not have this issue when pausing on the Reltek driver (? on the latest Cat driver).  Happy to post logs, test various configs etc.

Thanks
Nathan

Any other issues please post.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: WASAPI Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »

Just tried the new Cat 9.7 and the Realtek 2.29 HDMI Drivers - still Loops on Pause in MC.... :(

As an idea as the WASAPI Option to "flush buffers" does not work can it be changed to "Mute" on "Pause"?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »

The Stuttering Bug is fixed in the latest release -  ;D
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 09:16:41 pm »

The Stuttering Bug is fixed in the latest release -  ;D
It's fixed, but we believe the bug is in the ATI driver.

geraldhubbard1

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:50:23 pm »

I have loved using Jukebox 8. It is awesome. Yesterday I just got a message and my Jukebox 8 was disabled and no longer available. I tried to restore my license.   I was emailed two license numbers by JRiver.  Neither worked and Jukebox 8 is no longer available. I tried to load Jukebox 13 and it temporarily destroyed my settings on my laptop.  I had to set an earlier restore point in Win XP but now my Jukebox 8 is no longer availoable and my trial has expired.  All I want to do is to keep using Jukebox 8. When newer players are downloaded it appears that all playlists are lost.  This is unbelievable.  I do not like the newer players. The trial versions do not work correctly. I am sick of the results I have experienced. I have spent 6 hours trying to fix this mess.  It is not about the money. I would be happy to pay to have my Jukebox 8 restored.  this is criminal action against my computer.  I will actively seek punitive action if this is not satisfactorily resolved within seven days.  Help me!  My music is my life. I am a 100 percent disabled Vietnam veteran. Gerald

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 06:43:49 am »

Uninstall whatever version you are using now (there is no Media Jukebox 13).

Install MediaJukebox 8.  Use your license if you need to, but it will probably just work.

If you have a MediaJukebox, please post on the Media Jukebox board.  You can find your old posts (I answered one yesterday) by clicking on your username.

Media Jukebox 8.0.400 is here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediajukebox/old/Mediajukebox80400.exe

mrcorbo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 10:47:26 am »

Testing the latest version (14.0.50) shows that the stutter on pause is fixed.  I was working around the WASAPI issues by bypassing MC's playback engine altogether and using DirectShow (with ReClock as the renderer).  Now I don't have to do that and I can have gapless playback again (The DS setup caused the first few seconds of sound to be lost on each track).  Good stuff!  ;D

On the downside I am still getting the short burst of noise on resuming playback from either a paused or stopped state, but now this only happens with high-resolution files (the two files I tested were 24 bit 192 kHz stereo and 24bit 96kHz 5.1 FLAC files).  As before, this burst of noise even occurs when playback is stopped, the application is closed and re-opened and playback is resumed.  Also as before, going into output settings and modifying the buffer setting (in any way) in between stopping and resuming playback prevents it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up