INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change songs to play in: Playlist vs in 'Playing Now'  (Read 1582 times)

Robb

• Recent member
Change songs to play in: Playlist vs in 'Playing Now'
« on: January 18, 2010, 02:12:24 am »

Is there a way to have songs play 'in a play list' rather than in the 'playing now'? This would be a huge benifit for DJing. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Change songs to play in: Playlist vs in 'Playing Now'
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:21:59 am »

Not sure what you mean.  MC has playlists.

Try using zones to separate two or more sets of tracks.

Find the Zone Manager and add a new zone.  Ctrl-T toggles zones.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Change songs to play in: Playlist vs in 'Playing Now'
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 07:54:48 am »

Some other programs don't have a separate playback queue list at all (e.g. iTunes). I consider those programs crippled.

You can mimic that behavior by setting MC to not jump to Playing Now, double-click to replace Playing Now (all) and the Play button to play the visible files. (Options > General > Behavior...). The Playing Now list will still exist in the background, but you don't need to see it.

By using the Zones feature and various view options you can do many "DJ" things that are not possible with lesser player programs. Here is an example:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50518.msg345477#msg345477

EDIT

If you haven't already noticed this, you can access additional play commands when you right-click a file.(e.g. Play > More Play Options > add as next to play, Send To > Play (Zone...) add one or more zones first, etc)

You can also set MC to list up to eight recently used right-click commands in the beginning of the right-click menu (Options > Tree & View > Advanced...)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up