INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get zones "synced"  (Read 1219 times)

shifty

Cannot get zones "synced"
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:04:59 pm »

Hello all, and sorry ahead of time if this question has been answered, but I have not been able to find a solution using the search function.

I have a HTPC running Windows 7.  The mobo has an onboard sound / HDMI combo (realtek chipset).  I also have installed an Asus Xonar D1 card.  All of this connects to my Yamaha RX-V765 receiver.  I am using JMC to attempt to get both output devices to play at the same time.  I don't even need them to play from different feeds.  The same feed would be fine.  I just have the primary zone hooked up to 7.1 in my living room, and the secondary zone - analog only :( - runs out of the xonar to a zone selector, to all of my other rooms.  I can get either to run independently, but cannot seem to get both to play at the same time.  When I try to sync multiple zones using JMC14, only one shows active and I do not get an audio feed from both.  Is there something I am doing wrong, or am I mistaken that JMC14 can replicate an audio stream to two devices simultaneously? 

shifty

Re: Cannot get zones "synced"
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:46:34 pm »

I guess if anyone is interested, my problem occurred while trying to sync from the digital instead of to the digital feed.  I kinda figured it would properly convert the analog signal as I had specified two speakers left and right front for the second zone, but oh well, a fix is a fix :) 

Zone 1: HDMI (realtek card)
Zone 2: Component analog (Asus card)

As long as I sync from zone 2 to 1 and not the inverse, everything works well.  Now if I could only figure out how to tell JMC to save zone configurations and automatically sync any music I start to both zones.  As it is, it is a little cumbersome as to switch a song for both zones I have to:
1. click stop on primary zone
2. switch zones
3. click stop on secondary zone
4. start secondary zone w/ new song or playlist
5. sync primary zone from secondary zone

If saving a zone setup and having it initiate on startup as well as control all audio feed changes from the zone you synced from is not a current feature, it sure should be! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up