INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-mu 1212 sound card problem (EMU)  (Read 1959 times)

Richee

• World Citizen
E-mu 1212 sound card problem (EMU)
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:35:06 pm »

Re: Media Center 15.0.31
Fixed: When using Kernel Streaming, pausing a track then manually starting a different track could result in a fraction of a second of the previous track being heard.

Funny but I have above problem using ASIO but not Kernal or Wave. I have an E-mu 1212 sound card if
that makes any difference.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: E-mu 1212 sound card problem
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 07:59:15 am »

Try our wiki article on "DAC Settings".

Try a search here for EMU.  There was a thread a few months ago.  Try changing the option for "Play leading silence".

Try ASIO4ALL.

Please post what you find.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: E-mu 1212 sound card problem (EMU)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 08:03:55 am »

Richee

• World Citizen
Re: E-mu 1212 sound card problem (EMU)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:00:57 pm »

Re: Media Center 15.0.31
Fixed: When using Kernel Streaming, pausing a track then manually starting a different track could result in a fraction of a second of the previous track being heard.

Hey Jim,

I tried asioforall and the problem is not there however I did notice in E-mu patchmix software the sound comes out the wave strip. The problem only seems to exist when sound is routed out the ASIO strip.

The only time this occurs is when MC Output mode is set to ASIO with Output mode setting at E-MU ASIO.

I tried ASIO setting in MC 12 with the same problem so I am guessing this has something to do with the way E-MU does ASIO. When I set NVidia soundstorm to ASIO there is no problem with part of last song playing on next song when I pause a song and start another song manually.

Not a problem as I really cannot distinguish a worthwhile difference in the sound outputs. So I will just leave it at something other than ASIO.
Hope that gives you something that helps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up