INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize View  (Read 1235 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Customize View
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:02:48 am »

Hi all,

I am trying to organise the way I browse my videos in a sensible way. Generally, my library consists of movies (films), series and documentaries.

I've used the Genre field to reflect this, so I have 3 genres, Movies, Series and Documentaries.

For series, I have used the Series field for the name of the series, and the Season field for the Season, obviously.

Basically, I'd like to accomplish the following:

Videos (hardcoded in the popcorn)
-> Movies
--> Lists all files with genre Movies
-> Series
--> Shows a list of Series using the Series field
---> Shows the Season number using the Season field
-> Documentaries
---> Shows a list using the Series field
----> Shows all files matching the selected Series field

I'm pretty much there, I have added library items below 'Video' in the customize view options, and configured it as a search list matching the genre I have selected. But I can't get the Series name to come up and the searchlist comes up as 'my search' under the option I have chosen, adding an extra step to browse. I can rename 'my search' to 'Movies' or 'Series', but then when I choose Series I have another level called Series and then it lists all files matching 'series'.

Can anyone help me accomplish this please?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Customize View
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:39:28 am »

Is this not possible or is it unclear?  ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:47:50 am »

I think this would be easier if you just made three views: Moves, Series, Documentaries.  You can tailor each to use the categories you want and to only include the appropriate files.

A search list is only useful if you want to look at files _after_ the search list with the same hierarchy.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »

I think this would be easier if you just made three views: Moves, Series, Documentaries.  You can tailor each to use the categories you want and to only include the appropriate files.

Or, if you prefer the convenience of having them all in one view and don't mind the fact some fields will not be applicable to all media types, just categorize them by Genre. In other words, don't use a search list, just include the Genre library field as the first category in your view.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 12:04:38 pm »

Oke, thanks for the tips. I'll be playing with it some more over the weekend and I'll let you know how it works.  ::)

Pages: [1]   Go Up