INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 14.0.166  (Read 84546 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Media Jukebox 14.0.166
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:36:18 pm »

This is the latest version of Media Jukebox 14.0.

IMPORTANT: The feature set of the early builds of Media Jukebox 14 may change.  The goal is to provide a feature set that is similar to that of Media Jukebox 12, but with some of the updates, improvements and optimizations of the core Media Center 14 engine.

Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Media Jukebox can be downloaded here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediajukebox/MediaJukebox140166.exe

14.0.166 (July 15, 2010)

1. Fixed: (change from MC 14.0.165) Library Manager did not allow creating a new library entry that pointed to an existing library.
2. Changed: Removed expiration date
3. Changed: Ignore anything past the first 4 digits in a flac vorbis DATE tag.

14.0.164 (April 29, 2010)

1. Update: Built from Media Center 14.0.162 code-base + the following changes from 14.0.162
2. Changed: It is no longer possible to create a new library in a non-empty folder (the program requires full control over its library folder, and deletes files in that folder that are obsolete or foreign).
3. Changed: System playlists like 'Top Hits', 'Recently Imported', etc. are translated at display time so changing languages updates the language on the fly. (as a result, names are no longer user editable)
4. Fixed: Pasting multiple files from Explorer to the cover art of files could cause a crash.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks to Junghwnan).
6. Fixed: Version/Build.

14.0.156 (March 5, 2010)

1. Fixed: Installation could complain about a missing file 'MJ12.xml'.
2. Changed: Removed some non-functional options regarding images and video.
3. Changed: Removed a couple unneeded files from the installation.

14.0.152 (February 26, 2010)

1. Update: Built from Media Center 14.0.152 code-base.

chrisjj

Bug: "Edit expression colum" issues
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:18:31 am »

Editing the name of an expression column using 'Edit expression column' fails to update the column label.

Workaround: right-click the column label, on the tick-list click the column label, click again to restore the tick (taking care not to slip off the list, since this deletes the column), drag the column back to the original position.

Note: one a few occasions editing the name has created a new column rather than edit the existing one.

jetboy

Re: Media Jukebox 14.0.166
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:13:18 pm »

Hi,

I am running jukebox 14.0.166 with windows 7 64bit and are having problems with jukebox stalling when listening to music and updating tags at the same time.
I've installed the latest audio drivers but still having problems.

Anyone with any ideas????

tomtamdee

Media Jukebox 14.0.166
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:52:43 am »

I just downloaded the latest version of Media Jukebox 14 and installed it on my pc with w7 64bit.

Everything works well, but the" disc labeler" which used to be at Tools-Advanced Tools (in version 12) is gone.
Was it moved or what happened to this function.
I tried to use the print command right after cd burning but it did not work as well???
Can anyone help me please!
Cheers Tom

chrisjj

Suggestion: Panes Add Category
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:50:24 pm »

I suggest when the panes are at left or right hence vertical, Panes Add Category commands be "Add Category above/below..." rather than ".. at left/right..." as currently.

chrisjj

Bug: /LibraryReadOnly warning issues
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 04:23:30 pm »

1) When I have no instances running and then run Media Jukebox 14.exe /LibraryReadOnly, MJ warns

This database is already in use by another user.
It will be opened in read-only mode.  Any changes will be lost when the program exits.

whereas actually it is not in use by another user.

2) When do I have another instance running and then run Media Jukebox 14.exe /LibraryReadOnly, MJ warns the same, but I suggest it should not, since I asked for read-only.

whatts

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 06:22:03 pm »

Media Jukebox 14.0.166 has all functions I require or need.I had two or three different programs that had media centers.I do not want or need video picture etc. I would gladly pay for the 14.0.166 version only to keep it. Is This possible ? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 06:49:53 pm »

Thanks very much, but MJ 14.0 is free.  Welcome to Interact.

hugoread

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 02:22:22 pm »

With m4a files - cannot convert, cannot load image, lose tag changes.

I've got build 14.0.166 and I have a problem with my m4a files.  I've only got about 10 albums of m4a but the problem is the same for ALL of them and it not a problem for all my other hundreds of albums, which are flac or mp3.  The problem is as follows...

My cover art options are: 'as Folder.jpg' and 'Also store image in the file's tag' and all my mp3s have got the album art embedded successfully into the files.  I've normally got the album art in the folder and the file by pasting the jpg image into the album in Media Jukebox from the clipboard).

Bug 1: For m4a files, when I paste an image in the clipboard into the files, Media Jukebox *says* that the image is in the folder, but it thinks the image isn't in the file.  However, when I examine the file externally by more than one other method (like AutoShell Tag Editor for example) I can see clearly that the image is indeed in the file, it's just Media Jukebox doesn't recognise it.  In Media Jukebox the 'Image File' field shows 'Folder.jpg' instead of 'Inside File', which is what it shows for my mp3 and flac files.

Bug 2: Also for m4a files, if I delete the files from the library, leaving them on hard-disk, and then re-import them, any tagging I've done *within media jukebox* (artist, album artist, album, year...) is lost.  However, if I changed the tag in another app then the changes stick.  So it's definitely not an issue with the files themselves.

Bug 3: If I try to convert the files using 'Convert Format' to mp3, then the conversion fails.  The dialog simply says 'conversion failed'.  Conversions of other types work fine and the mp3 LAME encoder is set up correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 02:25:58 pm »

chrisjj

Bug: failure of sync to Creative ZEN
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 09:38:30 am »

Often upon sync to Creative ZEN, MJ says "Finished" but leaves hundreds of tracks showing "Queued" like this:

... indeed having failed to transfer.

Other times under apparently same conditions, it succeeds. Sorry, I have no idea why.

This on Windows XP SP2.

chrisjj

Bug: Failure of library import on SUBST drive
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 09:41:28 am »

1) Create new library
2) Import tracks from a SUBST drive  ("Ignore files previously deleted from library" UNcheckmarked)
3) Delete tracks from library
4) Reimport tracks from the SUBST drive  ("Ignore files previously deleted from library" UNcheckmarked)

Expected: all the tracks reappear
Observed: only some or none do.

Workaround: Delete/create new library first.

This failure does not happen on non SUBST drives.

This is on Win XP SP2.

Here it is 100% reproducable.

hugoread

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »

Please read this:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MP4_and_M4A_File_Support

Thanks for this reply.  I have now read it, sorry I missed it before.  The options for mp4/m4a files are clearly very complicated and it's not really a file type that 'just works'.  Perhaps that could be clearer.  After reading all of the very technical articles I got to the very last sentence, about tagging, which finally says "MC12 does not support writing tags to m4a files, although it does read m4a tags.".  I wish I could have found that out in a much quicker user friendly way!  It should really be highlighted in the help files or something.  Having spent a lot of time in MJ re-tagging a set of eight mp4/m4a albums, MJ happily changed the fields within the program when I made the changes, but how was I to know it wasn't actually writing the changes to the tags and instead was only changing the fields within the MJ database?!  If the tags can't be written it is my opinion that when changing fields in MJ, including adding the artwork (with the 'save in file also' option enabled), then the user should at least be warned that the changes will not be saved to the files, which would save a lot of pointless work for this author and I'm sure plenty other people too!

Are there any plans to add native support to mp4 into the program, fully integrating the format so it is supported as per mp3?  It would be great if that were the case.

Thanks for listening.

bigdave

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:41 pm »

I installed version 14.0.166 after the popup alerted me to its availability.  After installing, my playlists were all gone and the "library" (audio tab) seems to have been "rebuilt" and displayed differently than before the upgrade.  What now?  I either want to go back to the old version or uninstall and reinstall the new one in a way that preserves all the hard work I put into my playlists.
Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 07:46:09 am »

I installed version 14.0.166 after the popup alerted me to its availability.  After installing, my playlists were all gone and the "library" (audio tab) seems to have been "rebuilt" and displayed differently than before the upgrade.  What now?  I either want to go back to the old version or uninstall and reinstall the new one in a way that preserves all the hard work I put into my playlists.
Dave
Restore from a backup of MJ12.  It's under the File menu.  MJ14 can restore an MJ12 backup.

bigdave

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 10:05:17 pm »

Thanks Big Jim.  Just had to find the old Library and restore it in the new version.  I don't recall having to do this on other updates.

Irinotecan

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 08:12:31 pm »

When ripping a CD the cover art does not download.  I have verified that "Get Cover Art from Internet after ripping" is checked in the options, and when I went back into MJ 12 and ran an import, the cover art was then downloaded and assigned to the albums, so it's not a matter of the albums not having cover art.  I have verified that this was not a "one off", I ripped 3 albums that have been around for a long time (80's), and restarted MJ 14 each time before ripping.

Bergo

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 11:41:53 am »

My Music HD is all Classical arranged Composer/Genre/Sub Genre/Performer/Work- so no library needed or wanted

In MJ12 I go to "Drives and Devices" choose the drive and drill down - everything displays and plays perfectly.

In MJ14 some directories display perfectly, some partially, some not at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

hugoread

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 04:22:15 am »

Thanks for this reply.  I have now read it, sorry I missed it before.  The options for mp4/m4a files are clearly very complicated and it's not really a file type that 'just works'.  Perhaps that could be clearer.  After reading all of the very technical articles I got to the very last sentence, about tagging, which finally says "MC12 does not support writing tags to m4a files, although it does read m4a tags.".  I wish I could have found that out in a much quicker user friendly way!  It should really be highlighted in the help files or something.  Having spent a lot of time in MJ re-tagging a set of eight mp4/m4a albums, MJ happily changed the fields within the program when I made the changes, but how was I to know it wasn't actually writing the changes to the tags and instead was only changing the fields within the MJ database?!  If the tags can't be written it is my opinion that when changing fields in MJ, including adding the artwork (with the 'save in file also' option enabled), then the user should at least be warned that the changes will not be saved to the files, which would save a lot of pointless work for this author and I'm sure plenty other people too!

Are there any plans to add native support to mp4 into the program, fully integrating the format so it is supported as per mp3?  It would be great if that were the case.

In my opinion if the user is allowed to edits fields in a m4a file without any warnings and the changes are not saved to the tags in the files then this should be considered a bug.  99% of all users will unquestionably and very reasonably assume that if they make changes to fields then those changes are being saved in the tags.

Regards,
Hugo Read.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 06:42:45 am »

Please start a new topic to discuss.  This thread is for bug reports.

Not all files can be tagged.  MC keeps the information in your library though.

Small Furry Carpenter

Re: Media Jukebox 14.0.166 wrong size window
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 11:01:07 am »

Hi

If I close the program whilst in restor down next time I open it I don't get the full page.
I have now reinstaled 3 times as this is the only way I have found to fix it.

Windows 7 64 bit.

I would add a screen shot but I cant find how to insert it?

Any help

Thanks

Bibo

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 03:58:18 am »

I'm a registered user of MC 15.

Does this version of Media Jukebox support ASIO?
thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 05:13:45 am »

No, but you can simplify MC.  See Options/General/Features.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:19 am »

No, but you can simplify MC.

Here is an old (but still valid) discusssion with instructions from JimH and me: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43993

You can make MC's interface even more streamlined than MJ12's by deleting the unneeded view schemes and disabling all unnecessary features, plug-ins & services (see the screenshots)...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sciapodous

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 05:21:57 pm »

I have been using MJ12 for well over a year now as my main MP3 organizer and player. I recently decided to upgrade to the new MJ14 to see how it works. I like everything in the new version, but I am having trouble when ripping a CD using the LAME 3.98.2 external encoder. It rips the tracks to a temp directory like it should and starts to convert it to MP3. When the conversion is finished, it the gives me the following error: "JRiver Media Jukebox has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I have also installed MJ14 on my laptop and get the same results. I also installed the trial of MC15 on both of my machines and it does not crash on either.

AppName: media jukebox 14.exe    AppVer: 14.0.166.0    ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 062e2e4c

As I said, everything else seems to work as good as MJ12. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

chrisjj

Bug: failure of Library Import to update playlists
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 12:13:56 pm »

1 Use "File | LIbrary | Import... Import a single folder" to import a M3U
2 In another app, add tracks to the M3U
3 Repeat #1 - see here
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8048/pic121310175948.th.png

Expected: library playlist updated
Observed: "Imported 0 new files." - library playlist not updated

This on WinXP SP2, importing from a SUBST drive letter.

EDIT: Present also in Media Center 18 http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77666.msg528041#msg528041

chrisjj

Bug: failure of Imported Playlists to update on playlist deletion
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 12:27:23 pm »

1 Use "File | LIbrary | Import... Import a single folder" to import M3Us (from regular HD or SUBST drive)
2 Delete the resulting library playlists
3 View Playlists, Recently Imported

Expected: empty
Observed: full - of broken (unplayable) library playlists

This on WinXP SP2.

Workaround: first Clear Library!

chrisjj

(duplicate deleted by author)
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:43 pm »

(duplicate deleted by author)

chrisjj

Failure of Library Import to restore deleted playlists
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 12:55:49 pm »

1 Use "File | LIbrary | Import... Import a single folder" to import a M3U, "Ignore files previously removed from library" UNcheckmarked, from regular HD or SUBST drive letter.
2 Delete the library playlist
3 Repeat #1

Expected: library playlist restored
Observed: Not. "Imported 0 new files."

This on WinXP SP2.

Workaround: first Clear Library!

EDIT: Present also in Media Center 18 http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77666.msg528036#msg528036

chrisjj

Bug: Show Tags With Values can fail if one track has no value
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 04:42:32 pm »

e.g.

chrisjj

Bug: On CD, send to handheld can give false error
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »

i.e. it can say the tracks are already on the device, when they are not, e.g.

Note: checking the handheld queue finds all tracks /are/ there (status "CDA not supported").

Lysergian

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 02:49:41 am »

... I am having trouble when ripping a CD using the LAME 3.98.2 external encoder. It rips the tracks to a temp directory like it should and starts to convert it to MP3. When the conversion is finished, it the gives me the following error: "JRiver Media Jukebox has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I have also installed MJ14 on my laptop and get the same results. I also installed the trial of MC15 on both of my machines and it does not crash on either.

AppName: media jukebox 14.exe    AppVer: 14.0.166.0    ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 062e2e4c

As I said, everything else seems to work as good as MJ12. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

I am also seeing this exact issue.  Has a workaround been found for this issue?
Thanks!

BBCcom

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 01:56:47 pm »

I'm a recent convert from MusicMatch, where I got spoiled.  I have not been able to find out how to print playlist sheets for my CD cases, after burning a CD.  Does Media Jukebox not have this feature?  I saw an earlier post that version 12 had it.  Why would that be taken out?  I did not see it in any of the posts I read in the MC15 forum either.  Does anybody know?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 02:09:28 pm »

I'm a recent convert from MusicMatch, where I got spoiled.  I have not been able to find out how to print playlist sheets for my CD cases, after burning a CD.  Does Media Jukebox not have this feature?  I saw an earlier post that version 12 had it.  Why would that be taken out?  I did not see it in any of the posts I read in the MC15 forum either.  Does anybody know?

The CD labeler is only part of Media Center, not Media Jukebox.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

chrisjj

Bug: quick Search previews fails on [...] term
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

1 Enter quicksearch e.g. [Uno]
2 Verify content pane shows matches
3 View Quick Search preview

Expected: preview shows matches
Observed: preview says "No Results" e.g.

chrisjj

Help is missing rule modifier "Custom"
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 12:42:24 pm »

chrisjj

Bug: playing timepoint can show value past end
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 07:52:18 pm »

e.g. on MP3

And the play slider position is also wrong.

chrisjj

Bug: Export Playlist dialog Browse to folder causes "Save in" to omit drive
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 06:35:13 am »

1 Click File, Export Playlist
2 Click Browse and select a C:\ folder

Expected: C:\ remains in "Save in"
Observed: C:\ disappears from "Save in" - nothing indicates the destination drive

EDIT: Fixed in MC18. Thanks Devs.

chrisjj

aristocompasso

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 02:57:26 pm »

Thank you thank you thank you!

Your software is by far the best!! Amazon should pay you guys ten times more.
I only wish you could develop a GNU/Linux version; other than this I don't have anything to say about the Jukebox.

Keep it up!

Astroflare

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 04:02:16 pm »

Hi all ! Really noob ;D to this forum, but i have been searching for any information on a problem i have picked up on while installing this version of Media Jukebox ( trying the software out for first time ).

I get this error on install after it hits 32% -  " File Corrupt "  ?
Now i have Downloaded this several times and keep getting the same error. :'(

I have now resorted to MJ 12 and works fine but i would really like to see new software in action.

Any Ideas ? please

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 05:24:31 pm »

Disable any download manager you may use.  Be sure to download from this site.  Try a different browser.

Astroflare

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 01:09:32 am »

Disable any download manager you may use.  Be sure to download from this site.  Try a different browser.

Thank you, hows this works i dont know. Tried a different browser and it worked .
Should have known that  ::) thanks

TCube

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 03:21:55 am »

Hello 2 the team !
Time goes by and as a philosopher would said " Nothing is permanent"  ;)
I haven't posted anything for 2 years ... changed my computer's equipment during that time  and was really  pleased to get Media Juke Box 14 working like a charm ! (Windows 7)
Excellent work ! Félicitations !
TCube

chrisjj

View Categories Add fails on empty playlist
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 08:34:20 am »

1 Do Customize View, (Categories) Add..., Playlist Group, Select playlist <empty playlist>, OK

Expected: category added
Observed: not added e.g. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63554.msg426370#msg426370

chrisjj

Bug: With Panes: Left, "Add category to right" adds below
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 10:41:20 am »

Likewise "Add category to left" adds above.

I'd welcome the addition of "Add category to top and bottom" and would be happy to accept that additions be allowed only in one axis.

chrisjj

Bug: Duration column shows blank if WMA track duration is zero
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 04:55:35 am »

See subject.

chrisjj

Bug: Zero-duration tracks cause player to temporarily jam
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 05:00:07 am »

If the player encounters a zero-length WMA track, it goes non-responsive (e.g. ignores a lick on another track, or on Stop) for about 10secs while flashing "Bufferring..." in the player info box at the top of the screen.

chrisjj

Bug: View Rules Help
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2011, 03:24:37 pm »

In Customise View, click Set rules for file display, Help

Expected: help on rules for file display
Observed: help topic "Smartlists"

BigEd

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2011, 12:21:01 pm »

Hey. Anyone know how to change the speed at which CDs can be burned? Can't seem to find it in the latest version of MJ. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up