INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.92 -- Available here  (Read 4048 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.92 -- Available here
« on: August 07, 2010, 07:37:24 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150092.exe

15.0.92 (8/6/2010)

1. Changed: When zooming into a file in Theater View, the title is shown on the top roller to remove unneeded visual noise from file views.
2. Fixed: When playing a mono file with DSP Studio > Output Format set to 'No mixing', mono could still get mixed to stereo.
3. Changed: Added support for m4a and ogg files when connecting to a DLNA serverp.
4. Changed: When connecting to a DLNA server, more fields are retrieved (track #, etc.).
5. Changed: When acting as a DLNA server, if the automatic album artist is '(Multiple Artists)', this will be provided to clients connecting to the server.
6. NEW: Television recordings can now be scheduled on a Library Server client, and the actual recording will happen on the Library Server.
7. Changed: If a user does not explicitly pick a channel output mode with DSP Studio > Output Format, mono will automatically be output as two channel mono (can still force one channel output by enabling and configuring Output Format DSP).
8. Changed: Improved energy preservation math in Room Correction bass redirection system.
9. NEW: DLNA Controller will work without the DLNA server enabled. This means you can load a library (read DLNA server) and direct the output to a DLNA renderer with MC doing the controlling.

15.0.91 (8/5/2010)

1. Changed: Room Correction no longer considers channels with no data (because of 2.1 mixing) when calculating the maximum possible gain.
2. Fixed: After snapping the program to the edge of the screen, a single-click of the titlebar would unsnap it.
3. Changed: Snapping to the edges of the screen only happens if the mouse is stopped near the edge for a little delay, so dragging quickly between screens won't cause the program to jump around.
4. Changed: When connected to a Library Server, zones from the server will not appear as DLNA zones if they're also "There: " zones.
5. Changed: Library Server zones will get the same zone ID each connection so that settings like zone link timing persist between runs.
6. Fixed: After loading a different library, the Media Network engine (servers, DLNA control, etc.) would not be restarted automatically.

15.0.90 (8/4/2010)

1. Changed: Reworked zone presentation so that they are more hidden until there is more than one zone.
2. Changed: High resolution tooltips use Media Server client conversion settings, making display of RAW or other large images much faster (enable conversion in Options > Media Network).
3. Fixed: Right-clicking a non-active zone and picking 'DSP Studio...' or 'Playback Options...' would show dialogs for the current zone instead of the clicked zone.
4. Changed: DSP Studio shows a zone name instead of a zone ID in the titlebar.
5. Changed: When linking zones, if only one is playing, whatever is playing will begin playback in both zones.
6. NEW: When linking zones, if both are playing, a dialog will ask what zone to keep playing from.
7. Fixed: Zone linking could lose sync at track boundaries (only applies to build 88 and 89).
8. Fixed: When first linking two zones, the master zone would not update its playback settings to not suppress silence until switching to the next track.
9. Fixed: When linked zones drifted apart, they would not always be restarted after stopping them when the current track finished.
10. Fixed: Theater View did not work nicely on a touch screen where a mouse move was not simulated before a click.

15.0.89 (8/3/2010)

1. Changed: Updated Russian translation file (thanks to Vladimir).
2. Fixed: Removing a pane when another pane already had a selection could cause a crash.
3. Changed: When adjusting the timing of linked zones, a sync will happen after no changes are made to the slider for 2 seconds (was previously 1 second).
4. Changed: Visualization Studio is available again for 2D visualizations.
5. NEW: Chapters support for audio played in DirectShow.
6. Changed: OGG tags: Write new style replay gain and peak level tags with +-6db adjustment from MC's internal values. When writing the new tags, removes any old style tags. When reading tags and new style doesn't exist, uses the old style tags.
7. Changed: Scrolling a list with the mouse wheel without moving the cursor would not properly show tooltips when scrolling stopped.
8. Changed: Loading of high-resolution image tooltips is better threaded to avoid lags while an image loads.
9. Faster: Loading of PSD files is many times faster.

15.0.88 (8/2/2010)

1. Fixed: Spectrum analyzer visualizations did not move.
2. Fixed: The time was not appearing at the root of Theater View.
3. Fixed: The program would allow a user to delete all zones, causing a crash.
4. Fixed: It is no longer possible to delete a DLNA or Library Server zone. (use Options > Media Network to configure if remote zones should appear)
5. Changed: Added Options > General > Advanced > Reset saved Internet passwords... to allow clearing any stored internet passwords.
6. NEW: A new password dialog is shown when connecting to protected sites or Library Servers.  Choosing 'Save password' will save the password between runs (previously it asked once each run for the password).
7. Fixed: Connecting to a Library Server from behind a passworded proxy did not always work nicely.
8. Changed: When downloading a resource in the background (Podcasting, Online Slideshow, etc.) URLs that require passwords will silently fail instead of showing password prompts.
9. Changed: The dialog for adjusting link timing is wider and has a smaller range (-2 seconds to +2 seconds) to allow easier control.
10. Fixed: When stopping linked zones, they could restart again.
11. Changed: Previous / Next commands work properly with linked zones.
12. Changed: When syncing linked zones, if any of the zones in the link are remote the delay before resuming is longer so that the remote zone has a chance to do any prebuffering.
13. Changed: When first creating a zone link, a DLNA zone from another Media Center could stay paused instead of starting playback.
14. Changed: When using linked zones, if any of the zones are remote, playback stops after each file and then starts up again in a few seconds (since controlling cross-fading, etc. isn't possible with remote zones).

15.0.87 (7/30/2010)

1. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format did not show up in Television > Recordings views.
2. Changed: When playing to linked zones, playback statistics are no longer counted multiple times.
3. Changed: When zones are linked, the between tracks and seek modes will inherit from the first zone in the link.
4. Changed: Leading and trailing silence suppression is disabled when zones are linked, as the amount of trailing silence removed can vary slightly based on buffer states, making it cause sync problems.
5. Changed: Seeking in linked zones works more reliably.
6. NEW: Linked zones monitor drift and if too much drift occurs, playback is stopped at the end of the current file and then the next track is started in sync. (a user can force a manual sync any time by pausing playback)
7. Changed: MCWS Control/Key function supports key combinations like Ctrl;C, Ctrl;Shift;Left, etc.
8. Fixed: After the initial setting of the values of audio jump behavior (number of seconds to jump forward or backward), subsequent changes were ignored.
9. Changed: Added 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, and 55 seconds choices to audio and video jump behavior selection.
10. Faster: Core speed improvements that can make loading views or working with the database a few percent faster.

15.0.86 (7/29/2010)

1. NEW: Added webservice functions for remote controlling the program: Control/MCC, Control/CommandLine, Control/Key.
2. Changed: Options > Audio > Alternate Mode Settings has option 'Use these alternate settings (use Alt+M to toggle)'; no longer appears in menus.
3. Changed: Removed 'Zone Manager'; all zone configuration can be done from Menu > Player > Zones or directly in the tree with right-clicks.
4. Changed: When linking a zone to another zone, the zone being linked in will automatically start playing the same output as the other zones in the link.
5. Fixed: In place editing would get disrupted if an update message caused the display to be redrawn (from ripping, importing, etc.).
6. Changed: Disabling of DirectShow filter tray icons (FFDShow and Haali) is now optional.  The option is under Startup.
7. Changed: Removed 'Find CD' and 'Artist Info' and merged them into the links bar. (sorry, links storage format has been reset and user customization must be redone)

15.0.85 (7/28/2010)

1. Changed: Linked zones work better with DLNA devices.
2. Changed: DLNA zones have the same ID each run of the program so settings like link timing persist nicely.
3. Fixed: When playing to linked zones, one or more of the zones in the link could remain paused.
4. Changed: Playing files directly from Playing Now now syncs when using linked zones.
5. Changed: Recording digital television programs in transport stream format will not include unwanted subchannels.
6. Changed: Worked on improving right-click menu for Playing Now zones in the tree (still in progress).
7. Changed: Zone links have a unique icon in the tree.
8. Changed: Zones can be renamed in the tree (F2 / right-click rename).

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 15.0.92 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:27:11 am »

15.0.89 (8/3/2010)

6. Changed: OGG tags: Write new style replay gain and peak level tags with +-6db adjustment from MC's internal values. When writing the new tags, removes any old style tags. When reading tags and new style doesn't exist, uses the old style tags.

This is a work in progress. The new Ogg tagger cannot be considered stable yet.

The previously imported Ogg Vorbis files will play without problems, but I don't recommend tagging Ogg files with this build. The tagger component has several Ogg tag reading issues and it may not write all library fields correctly to Ogg files.

I have already done some testing and sent a bug report, but if you use Ogg your help would be welcomed. Just remember to not use any important files when you test the new tagger.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

MusicHawk

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:43:30 am »

UPDATE: The bug I reported below isn't a bug, it's removal of a capability. In another thread, Alex B provides Matt's explanation of  this change:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58891.0

I'm sorry to see MC lose capabilities, so I hope there's another method in the works; I suggested one in the other thread.

=====================================

Visualizations problem of 15.0.87 half-fixed in 15.0.92 (I *hope* half-fixed, vs. intentionally changed...) Apparently it is still not possible to show both Track Info and a Visualization simultaneously on the same screen. Unfortunate regression.

My normal music playback display (in MC14 and MC15 until now) has three "panes":

1. Top is a custom Track Info page (cover art plus various text tags), which shows as desired.

2. Middle is a visualization, Stereo Spectrum Analyzer. THIS IS NOW BROKEN.

3. Bottom is Playing Now, showing the current track, a couple of the prior tracks, and a few of the upcoming tracks.

My many visitors are very impressed by this setup because they see so much all on one screen. Once I "sell" them on getting MC I help them configure their playback to the same layout.

The problem in 15.0.87 and still in .92 is with the Visualization. If I show only Stereo Spectrum Analyzer, it works fine (fixed from .87). But if shown in a pane as described above, it's just a red X -- broken. I haven't found any way to get it to show as it has for the past couple of years.

Also, selecting Track Info used to show a list of available layouts for this, including the several stock layouts plus my custom layout (because I put it in the folder where the stock layouts live). Now, there's no list at all, but fortunately MC is remembering the selected Track Info.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:30:47 pm »

Not sure what you did to the vizualizations, but thanks!! They now run at 60FPS and they haven't done that in years!

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 06:56:25 am »

touch is now fixed. Great ;D

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 04:41:27 pm »

No audio when playing my mp3s with this build.  SPDIF out... WASAPI.  Audio from movies is fine.  Reinstalled 87 and mp3 audio is back.

edit:  for what its worth, reinstalled 92 and audio came back.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 09:06:33 pm »

Something strange when trying to Always Convert>Uncompressed stream.

Two PCs keep getting a file location error with this; my work PC and now my main client. If I switch back to never convert>uncompressed it's okay.

3rd PC, my laptop just worked, but only momentarily, and I get a strange message on Stop which says "Aborting..Waiting"; the audio loops and never stops. It is now flashing Buffer and looping the audio.

I'd like to do the conversion to PCM on the server since my clients are low power, and it's just not working (sample rates desired for client shouldn't have anything to do with server hardware correct?)

NeilAStrachan

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 08:26:35 am »

Looks like the 'mini-display' for the current playing now item in the playing now list, or on the info screen, overlays the top level menu when you issue a core command to jump to it: 'mc15.exe /mcc 22001, 1'. Gab confirmed this behavior in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59066.0

Neil

HiFiTubes

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 09:14:25 am »

Something strange when trying to Always Convert>Uncompressed stream.

Two PCs keep getting a file location error with this; my work PC and now my main client. If I switch back to never convert>uncompressed it's okay.

3rd PC, my laptop just worked, but only momentarily, and I get a strange message on Stop which says "Aborting..Waiting"; the audio loops and never stops. It is now flashing Buffer and looping the audio.

I'd like to do the conversion to PCM on the server since my clients are low power, and it's just not working (sample rates desired for client shouldn't have anything to do with server hardware correct?)

I installed Win updates on all machines and rebooted the server; now at work again having the same problem with Always Convert>Uncompressed stream. Any file type results in a location error.

Pages: [1]   Go Up