INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: error when burning  (Read 10829 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: error when burning
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2010, 09:41:01 am »

If you look in this thread, you will see that I took the upgrade but it is still failing. It is not Nero that is causing the problem as the problem already existed before I installed Nero. I've wasted nearly 50 blanks on this problem and been co-erced into upgrading to version 15 when I was settled with 14, (see Burning Problem in the MC14 board), so I don't intend wasting any more time or money on it. Very disappointed with the low level of interest that JR have given this problem over the length of time that I and others have been reporting it.

The developers would need to be able to reproduce the problem. They were able to reproduce a certain problem with a certain type of Samsung drive and supposedly fixed that problem.

I have three different, quite recent, Samsung PATA drives on three different PCs. They have always worked fine with MC. I have no experience of Samsung SATA drives.

Regarding coasters, just for testing if an intended fix helps you can use a rewritable disc, as I said earlier in this thread.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2010, 09:45:44 am »

Yeah, I was going to try and dig one up for this (I have moved on to DVD-RW at this point).  Of course, the burn won't fail if I use a rewritable :)

I just noticed this. I wonder if the difference could be caused by the write speed. A rewritable is written in a slower speed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2010, 10:02:49 am »

Thanks again Alex - I've tried RW's and setting different speeds - no difference. I've tried everything I can think of since last June when I first reported it. It always comes back with that message and, y'know, sometimes, when you get a feeling in the seat of your pants that this is the way it's always gonna be....., well, that the seat pant feeling here. In some ways I feel that I should go buy another drive, but I repeat, it works OK with everything else, as a couple of other people have also reported.....

Best wishes - Jim

BardMaster

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2010, 11:04:36 am »

JollyJim - how do you get Nero Burning Rom to load a playlist for burning?  I would likely figure it out eventually but lazy... ::)

And what format?  M3U extended?  Does it work for burning MP3 CDs as well as audio CDs?

I honestly don't burn CDs too often and MC works great for compiling my playlists (one of the best out there IMO), so this solution would work fine. 
Many thanks!

ps If I had to choose bet Nero and MC, well I work much more with Nero (sans IN-CD mind you) so it can't go.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2010, 07:29:45 am »

Hi Bardmaster

I generally save all my playlists as simple m3u to a folder outside of MC just as a matter of security. I then open Nero up to the 'Burn Audio CD screen' and drag the playlist from my playlist folder into the 'work area' of Nero.

However, I've just been playing, and noticed that it is easier just to drag the playlist title from MC directly into Nero without worrying about exporting......works a treat......

Good luck

Regards Jim

McNeil

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 11:34:51 am »

Is there any news according this problem?

Because yesterday I tried burning a CD with MC 15.0.136 four times and all attempts failed. Unfortunately I did not activate the logging and I ran out of discs for now but I'll try to describe what I did and propably will hand in the logs later.

CD drive is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-223C set to max.

I tired different settings.
The 1. attempt was with the following ones checked:

-eject after burning
-decode files directly to disc
-write CD-text

I can't really remember what happened but it was like it was trying to burn the first track and said it couldn't write. The result was that the CD became unreadable.

My 2. and 3. try was with following:

-eject after burning
-decode files directly to disc (unchecked)
-write CD-text
-apply cross-fade and DSP effects (where the was just volume leveling activated)
-close disc when burning is complete

This time it burned all tracks but failed to close the audio session. The result was the same as before.

My last try was with test mode checked. Same message as before and in addition it touched the disc in spite of the test mode and it became unreadable as well.

I wanted to let you know that I just burned 2 CDs with 15.0.172 successfully. So for me the problem seems to be solved. I also tried the test-mode and it worked fine. It doesn't touch the CD anymore.

JohnT

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 07:53:20 am »

Thanks for posting your results McNeil.  You have the same drive model as JollyJim and also the same one I purchased for testing so I was hoping the fix would work for all of these.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up