INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to repair broken links when using another ripper?  (Read 1183 times)

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
How to repair broken links when using another ripper?
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:14:49 am »

So I guess I'm going through a mid-life crisis of sorts.  I bought new computer speakers, a new external usb audio whatchamacalit, re-ripped all 350+ of my CDs in FLAC... and finally upgraded to MC15 :).  Downside: I've more intelligently file-named the new rips, so a great many of the filenames don't match against my existing (just re-imported) library w/ playlists, etc.

Are there any plugins that can help me repair this mess of broken links, so I don't lose all my playlists, ratings, etc.?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library question: Repairing a mass of broken links
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:15:55 am »

Try Library Tools on a few files.  Rename files from properties might work, but do 2 or 3 first.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
Re: Library question: Repairing a mass of broken links
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 02:41:34 am »

Try Library Tools on a few files.  Rename files from properties might work, but do 2 or 3 first.

Thanks for the pointer!  Unfortunately, the CD ripping program I used used some intelligent/flexible logic to create directories in a way that didn't map the directory structure of the original rips, and it ended up being too cumbersome to manually do updates-by-albums, so I just decided to go with a clean slate and nuked my entire old library.  I figure a fresh start once in a while is a good thing.

With that said, though, Rick.ca, thanks for that link; even if it won't help me (due to the different folder structure), I trust it'll be a handy reminder for many others in this forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up