INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.142 -- Available Here  (Read 6563 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 15.0.142 -- Available Here
« on: October 29, 2010, 08:46:53 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150142.exe

15.0.142 (10/28/2010)

1. Fixed: Rare deadlock when searching for DLNA devices and a previously found device was not found.
2. Fixed: Corrupt JPEG files could take a long time to analyze.
3. Fixed: On Windows XP, watching some types of network drives with auto-import could cause deadlocks when stopping auto-import.
4. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Television/SeekInformation function that is used by television playback from a client to provide faster seeking.
5. Optimized: Revised split file engine used by television to use ranged requests when possible to improve library server client performance.
6. NEW: On screen position indicator for video playback (video, television, DVD) when in Fast Forward or Rewind mode.
7. Fixed: Some WAV tags could cause problems.
8. Optimized: Reduced the amount of network traffic when playing television with a library server client.

15.0.141 (10/27/2010)

1. Changed: Renamed Options > General > Features > "DLNA" to "Media Network (Library Server, DLNA, etc.)".
2. Fixed: Watching folders for auto-import could cause a hang in some cases.
3. Fixed: Images without stacks were having (broken) stacks built when dlna clients were connected.
4. Optimized: Improved how DLNA notifications are handled to reduce network activity and improve performance.

15.0.140 (10/26/2010)

1. NEW: Television recording subscriptions can be suspended.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails would not be built rotated (only applies to last few builds).
3. Changed: Tweaked how the timings work for when the green button switches between display / Theater View and when it rolls three views including Theater View home.
4. Fixed: After playback from a DLNA device, a file on the server could stay locked until different playback was started.
5. Changed: Editing numeric / date fields uses a combobox with a drop list, but does not offer suggestions when typing.
6. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Authenticate call to allow establishing authentication and getting token.
7. Changed: Recording Rules view can be sorted.  It defaults to sorting by rule names.
8. Fixed: Syncing from a library server client to a library server that used stacks could cause problems.
9. Fixed: The DLNA server was not applying replay gain (when set to "always convert" and "volume leveling) if converting to MP3 WHEN the source file was also MP3 OR if there was a MP3 for that source file in a stack.

15.0.139 (10/25/2010)

1. SDK: Added a return variable "Display" to MCWS/v1/Playback/Volume so a displayable volume is available without a follow-up call to Playback/Info.
2. Fixed: Background library server syncing could show a 'searching for changes' popup.
3. Fixed: DLNA browsing with conversion set to mp3 was causing stacked up lame.exe processes.
4. Fixed: Library server clients could have problems with changed passwords.

15.0.138 (10/22/2010)

1. Changed: To apply additional tags to a Flickr upload, the tags must be entered semi-colon delimited.
2. Fixed: Flickr upload could apply incorrect tags from keywords.
3. Changed: Flickr upload shows progress in the Action Window (instead of a popup).
4. Fixed: Image resizing was not working for Flickr upload.
5. Changed: Improvements to how DLNA handles devices that do not respond to searches.
6. Fixed: Thumbnailing of images did not work over library server (only applies to build 137).
7. Fixed: Remote zones (DLNA, Library Server, etc.) could cause program shutdown to take longer than necessary.
8. Fixed: Television bookmarks would not work properly on a library server client.
9. Fixed: The screensaver would not be disabled on UAC-enabled systems when watching videos in detached fullscreen mode when the focus was on the detached display.
10. Changed: Improved how library server clients store server relationships to improve performance and reduce memory.
11. Changed: FFDShow installation is now less silent.  It will show a progress window during installation, and, more importantly, will prompt user when rebooting is required.
12. Fixed: MC could simultaneously attempt to download and install FFDShow (and, similarly, FLVSplitter) in two different threads.
13. NEW: DLNA Container art also provided as a resource when DLNAExtra is set.

15.0.137 (10/21/2010)

1. NEW: 'Sync Changes with Library Server' no longer requires a reload of the client library when the server changes.
2. NEW: Library Server clients can automatically (and silently) stay synchronized with the server (Options > Media Network > Library Server Client > Automatically sync changes made on client back to server)
3. Fixed: Tabbing out of an in-place edit control did not work properly when a range was selected.
4. Changed: Mouse wheeling on top of a combobox will open the drop list if it's closed, and scroll the list if it's open.
5. Fixed: Mouse wheeling a list while its in-place editing combobox was showing its drop list could cause problems.
6. Changed: In-place editing a list-style field will shift the editor up when at the very bottom of the list instead of cropping part of the editor.
7. Changed: Bookmarks are shared (and synchronized) across Library Server and its clients.
8. Fixed: Auto-import could attempt to get cover art or analyze audio when run as a library server client.
9. Internal: Reworked how cover art and thumbnails are handled with Library Server to better support syncing (please report any issues).
10. SDK: Add type parameter to MCWS File\GetImage function to allow getting the full resolution display image.
11. Optimized: Improved performane of Library Server / MCWS when serving thumbnails.
12. Changed: The bookmark value is updated for a file when playback is stopped instead of continuously during playback (changed to work better with library server sync).
13. Fixed: Loading a library server could fail on a client if no changes had been made on the server since the previous load.
14. NEW: A "Recording Rules" view in Television view that shows all previously scheduled television recording rules.
15. Changed: Added a 120x120 icon size for the DLNA server Device Description.
16. Changed: Better handling of DLNA devices that report services that support subscription but then fail or refuse subscription requests.
17. Changed: If a DLNA device doesn't respond to searches for five minutes, it will be removed from the list of connected devices.

15.0.136 (10/19/2010)

1. Fixed: Comboboxes and drop lists could be positioned too narrow on some dialogs (only applies to last few builds).
2. Changed: List editor does not auto-accept when selecting a suggestion or drop list value (requires double-enter, but also allows customizing a selection)
3. Fixed: It was not possible to tab out of the list editor (in-place editing or Action Window editing).
4. Fixed: When failing to load a connected library using the 'Connect To Library' dialog, the program could crash.
5. Changed: Improved detection of Android devices (folders \DCIM\100ANDRO or \Android on an SD card will trigger Android code)
6. Changed: Added several new Android phones with images (please help us identify additional Androids: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60070)
7. Changed: Added right-click 'Info Dump' command for handheld devices to aid with debugging.
8. Fixed: Resetting all devices in Options > Handheld would not reset user conversion settings.
9.  New: The Library Server conversion caching system now handles video as well as audio.
10. Fixed: Options > Theater View > Advanced > Show home button was not working.

15.0.135 (10/18/2010)

1. Fixed: The edit suggestion system did not allow changing capitalization.
2. Fixed: Changing an edit-style option would close options with an enter key instead of accepting the option change.
3. Changed: Before showing the "No handheld available" message when clicking Action Window > Sync Handheld, the program will no another search for attached devices.
4. Changed: A drive-style handheld (Android) will only show files in the configured sync paths instead of searching the entire device for files.
5. Changed: Revised edit popup suggestion system so suggestions are not selected by default, but instead require down + enter or tab to select.
6. NEW: Pressing Shift+Enter when a suggestion popup is showing will accept the first suggestion and close the suggestion popup.
7. Changed: To play search results from the search box, Ctrl+Enter is the shortcut (previously was Shift+Enter).
8. Fixed: The handheld engine could display a warning about removing tracks already in the transfer about sync mode tracks.
9. Changed: Conversion cache options moved from the 'handheld options' page to the 'file location' options page and generalized for handheld transfers, library server, etc.
10. NEW: Conversions on Library Server now utilize the conversion cache system which uses a stack file if available, otherwise a stack file is created.
11. NEW: Add a "small artwork" option to DLNA advanced options that will present all artwork as 120x120 (required by some devices). Only implemented for stacked icons in this build.
12. NEW: DLNA server. Serve specific generic container icons for Audio, Images, and Video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

carbo

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 15.0.142 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 02:17:53 pm »

9. Fixed: The screensaver would not be disabled on UAC-enabled systems when watching videos in detached fullscreen mode when the focus was on the detached display.

It's now working perfectly  :)

Thank you for the quick fix

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:01:00 am »

Hey guys, some great changes happening in MC 15, keep up the good work.

Question:

9. Internal: Reworked how cover art and thumbnails are handled with Library Server to better support syncing (please report any issues).

I'm guessing this change isn't the ability to add cover art from the client.  Is that coming at some point, or if not, are there workarounds?  I could put the cover art directory on a shared network drive, for example, if they could be "picked up" by using the "Quick Find..." feature.

Good stuff all around though.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »

starting tv in time shifting mode doesn't work (dvb-t).  is this a security settings problem at my end? 

xmltv loading also is a bit odd.  i get it to load the file, map the xmltv name to the channel name but the listings in MC show only one channel with information (can't figure out why that one channel is loaded, it is not the first).  the xml file should be ok as it is from a popular source here in Australia (epgstream.net which gets its stuff from http://www.oztivo.net/xmltv/channels.xml.gz).  can provide xml file if you like.

thanks

Magoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »

When highlighting a group of FLAC files in the same folder , the right click context menu options are missing.  Highlighting a single file , the context menu's are all there. Drap and Drop for now, I guess.

Win7 x64

Had the his problem with a previous build. Seems back again.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 07:44:32 am »

I can't get cover art to display in Playing Now on the client from this version of media server.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »

Still continuous playing track caused sound jitter after 2-3 track later.
I had to pause and restart same track again to fix.
Any option I should adjust to fix it ?
I'm using Benchmark DAC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 07:25:31 pm »

Still continuous playing track caused sound jitter after 2-3 track later.
I had to pause and restart same track again to fix.
Any option I should adjust to fix it ?
I'm using Benchmark DAC.
Could be a bandwidth problem.  Please start a new thread.

MusicHawk

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 12:23:53 pm »

FYI: Trying to use Rename, Move, Copy tool on a batch of photos, MC pops up box that says:

"Information: Not all the of the selected tracks can be renamed."

It turned out that a few of the photos had been loaded from CD and MC was still pointing to the now-gone CD. No fault of MC, but I wonder if it could be more helpful in resolving this situation.

The "problem" is that it was a set of about 2000 files, so it took a LOT of digging to discover the cause of MC's refusal to proceed. First, I had to guess what would prevent renaming (read-only, locked file, non-existent file...), not knowing if I was looking for many files, or just 1 among the 2000. I eventually spotted them because they didn't have displayed images, so MC helped, it just took lots of scrolling to find them.

Suggestion 1: It would be a huge help if MC's message could be more specific. Ideally, count and list the problem files and say why they can't be renamed.

Suggestion 2: Have MC offer to continue processing the files that CAN be renamed.

And, note that I was working only with images, but the Information message says "tracks".
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Skeet

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 05:22:16 am »

I've had a couple of problems with 15.0.142. Installation corrupted my library (which was easily restored from back up), since then however I don't seem to be able to find the lastfm plugin. Has it moved? It doesn't seem to be installed in "services and plugins" and I can't find it in the plug in manager.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 07:34:16 am »

Last.fm is not a plug-in anymore.  It's under Options > Services and Menu > Player > Play Last.fm Radio.

Please start a new thread for discussion.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 11:29:31 am »

Although I have disabled "Notes" in Options>General>Features it still appears in the breadcrumb menu Audio > Panes, when the tree / action window are hidden.

rossop

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 15.0.142 wont pickup DAC
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »

Updated to 142 but it wont pickup PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC went back to 136 and it worked ok

Vocalpoint

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 08:47:30 am »

I am continuing to have issues in .142 using the Convert function - especially with the "4 files at at time" option on. I am converting FLAC to MP3 exclusively. With some conversions - I make it thru to the end with no issues...on most tho - a few files will convert and then MC will hang for 10 -15 secs at a time before it moves to the next track. In a number of cases - several of the conversion threads will just stop (they seem to freeze at like 59%, 16% etc and never recover. In a conversion today...three of the four threads/tracks seemed to freeze out....and MC hung for over a minute. When it finally burped back to life....only one conversion thread kept on....while the other three sat frozen.

I thought it may have something to do with conversions to network locations vs local...but I have seen the freeze occur even if the FLAC files are local and I am converting local. Not sure what's the deal is...but I do a LOT of conversions and this "freezing" is new within the last three months....something has changed not for the better.

I will try to log this - but haven't been able to get it captured as of yet.....

VP

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:25 am »

Any new anti-virus or similar software?  Any network changes?

Please start a thread for discussion.

djoolfr

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:07 am »

Hi there!

I'm having two issues with this build:

- "enable shell integration" doesn't enable shell integration. The only option I have now in Explorer is "play with media center" on media files, but I lost the menu with "add to playing now / replace & play" when right-clicking on folders

- files outside the library / auto-import folders are immediately added to the library when played, even if the related setting is disabled

For both settings I have tried to disable / re-enable (and vice versa for the library issue) but it didn't fix the problem.

Win7 x64 w/ UAC on

Thanks in advance for your help!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:41:03 am »

Hi there!

I'm having two issues with this build:

- "enable shell integration" doesn't enable shell integration. The only option I have now in Explorer is "play with media center" on media files, but I lost the menu with "add to playing now / replace & play" when right-clicking on foldersThanks in advance for your help!
Try rebooting.

djoolfr

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 10:26:13 am »

Try rebooting.

Yeah that worked! As far as I can tell the two issues are now resolved. Thanks!

leoric

• World Citizen

vagskal

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 07:35:42 am »

When editing in the list view: If multiple files are selected hovering over an empty field [Composer] of a selected file and pressing F2 will not bring up that field for editing, but rather the field [Artist] to the left of that field if and only if at least one of the selected files in the [Artist] field has a content which does not fit its own column width. At least I think this is the issue and its cause; it is a bit difficult to pin down. This is with custom list type fields. EDIT: Thanks, Matt, for the information below. No wonder I had trouble reproducing the issue...

BTW. Thanks for the new editing features. They really help me clean up my tags. A couple of enhancement tips for the new list view editing box for list type fields:
* Make it easier to rename the items with a check mark next to them. A single click could select/deselect the item and a double click on the item name could enter rename mode, for instance.
* As long as the top editing box contains the list delimiter character, show suggestions like you do for non list type fields in the tag action window.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 10:58:30 am »

When editing in the list view: If multiple files are selected hovering over an empty field [Composer] of a selected file and pressing F2 will not bring up that field for editing

Editing with F2 starts in the last clicked column.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 03:29:46 pm »

small bug with cover view:

I have an image library view displaying album thumbnails and files below with the option "always display files"

If I launch the display of a file from this library view in cover mode, when returning to the view, the files are not shown anymore.

In "normal" mode, files are still displayed

Guillaume

rossop

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »

I continue to have problems with .142 picking up my PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC. 136 picks it up in a couple of minutes where 142 wont pick it up at all. I got no replies from my original post. Anyone got any ideas? ?  ? ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up