INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.161 -- Available here  (Read 2476 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.161 -- Available here
« on: December 04, 2010, 03:58:01 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

[build pulled for fresh installations problems -- check back in a couple days for an updated build
more information here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60841.0 ]

15.0.161 (12/3/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA Server, PS3 video "convert when necessary" add xvid as natively playable media.
2. Fixed: Possible rare crash when DLNA devices left the network.
3. SDK: Added 'AccessKey' to MCWS/v1/Alive response.
4. Changed: Reverted to using a simple reader instead of a more sophisticated buffering reader for Library Server audio playback (new reader to return later).

15.0.160 (12/1/2010)

1. Fixed: On some CD/DVD burners, enabling 'test mode' could still result in the disc getting written to.
2. Fixed: In CD/DVD burning, the order of transmitting certain commands to the burner was changed which seems to improve reliability on certain burners, namely Samsung.
3. Changed: DLNA Server, more tweaking of video conversion autodetect, especially for the PS3.
4. Changed: Reworked how paths are stored in options so that they are user account relative when possible.
5. Changed: Restoring a library with settings from a different OS or different user account will work better.
6. Faster: Improved core browsing system of database for lower memory usage and better performance (helps program navigation performance and Gizmo performance).
7. Faster: Servers that power DLNA, WebPlay, Gizmo, etc. will use gzip compression for clients that support it.
8. Fixed: DLNA server, mkv files with h264 video will now play properly on the WDTV (and others that support this format).
9. Fixed: When resampling, startup silence for hardware synchronization durations would not be adjusted properly.
10. Fixed: WAV playback was not working over Library Server.
11. Changed: Added smartlist location specifier 'r' to show removed files (i.e. ~d=r).
12. Changed: Added smartlist location specifier 'g' to show television guide files (i.e. ~d=g).
13. SDK: When making an MPL request from MCWS, a list of desired fields can be specified (makes Gizmo file requests much faster).
14. SDK: MCWS file requests can optionally suppress returning filenames that point to local files while still getting URL filenames (makes Gizmo faster).
15. Changed: DLNA playback of video files on the XBox with conversion enabled now uses a higher 720x480 resolution.

15.0.159 (11/24/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'FriendlyName' to the MCWS/v1/Alive response so a client can show a friendly name for a server.
2. SDK: Added the ability for MCWS/v1/Browse/Children to skip levels with only one choice.
3. Changed: Changing the volume doesn't put the on screen display into a mode where left / right change the volume until the display goes away.
4. Changed: The position on screen display is part of the regular on screen display rotation (so pressing up / down will show it).
5. Fixed: The search editing dialog could popup as modeless in some cases, leading to a crash if a dialog behind the search was closed before closing the search.

15.0.158 (11/23/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'NextToPlay' as a possible PlayMode when using any MCWS play function.
2. Fixed: DLNA video playback with conversion was broken for a couple of builds.
3. Fixed: Television recording silently failed if the user had selected a "Folder for recording and time-shifting files" on a disk to which the user had no write access.
4. Changed: DLNA server, even more precise determination of when to transcode if "convert if necessary" is set for video conversion for the PS3 and Xbox360 especially.

15.0.157 (11/19/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'ProgramVersion' to MCWS/v1/Alive function return.
2. Fixed: If conversion was enabled for handheld transfer, converted files could be placed on the device even if they weren't in the supported file type list for the device.
3. Fixed: When doing a handheld sync as a Library Server client, the user interface could be unresponsive.
4. Changed: Doing Ctrl+F while drilled down in the library tree will switch to the root of the current library selection (Ctrl+E focuses the search box with no switching).
5: Changed: DLNA server, improved determination of when to transcode when "convert if necessary" is set for video conversion, especially applies to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

15.0.156 (11/18/2010)

1. SDK: Added browse functionality to MCWS (currently uses browse tree configured for WebPlay).
2. SDK: Reworked MCWS functions that return files so that they can be used to get MPL, start playback, or more.
3. SDK: Removed MCWS/v1/Playlist/Play since MCWS/v1/Playlist/Files can now do the same (and more).
4. Faster: Improved performance of list drawing when analyzing audio, converting files, or syncing a handheld.
5. Changed: CD/DVD burning now works on a library server client.
6. Changed: Improved JRiver URL Reader filter's buffering performance.
7. NEW: DLNA server. Added video options to convert always, never and when necessary. When necessary looks at codecs, file type and device to decide. It's currently only making device decisions based on PS3 and Xbox360 configurations.

15.0.155 (11/16/2010)

1. Changed: APL files are natively supported using Library Server (requires latest version on server and client).
2. Changed: Playback of audio with a Library Server Client uses a more sophisticated reader that can seek more nicely.
3. Changed: The volume on screen display shows a graphical bar instead of showing only text.
4. Changed: Changing the volume and using the 'Volume' on screen display look and work the same way (previously the displays differered slightly).
5. NEW: DLNA server converts multichannel sources to 2 channel when using "always convert" and a fixed sample rate conversion (enables any DLNA device to play multi channel sources).
6. Fixed: DLNA server, when using "always convert" to L16 and sample rate "same as source" provides the DLNA flags necessary to allow multichannel L16 output. This allows multichannel output on DLNA devices that can handle it (i.e. PS3).

carbo

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 15.0.161 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:14:58 am »

MC freeze when exiting display of an image.

I use MC with standard view, 2 views displayed, one displaying playing now.

If i play music and display an image at the same time, when exiting image display, MC freezes.
I have noticed that if I don't have a view showing "playing now", freeze doesn't happen.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:39:12 pm »

MC freeze when exiting display of an image.

I use MC with standard view, 2 views displayed, one displaying playing now.

If i play music and display an image at the same time, when exiting image display, MC freezes.
I have noticed that if I don't have a view showing "playing now", freeze doesn't happen.

Hmm, I just came on here to repost this from 158, to find you got there before me...so I'll just have to say me too!
Didn't notice that about playing now as I have a frame locked on it.
 :)

Quote from: eba
Getting a crash when playing music and viewing images at the same time, and then exiting the image via Esc.  Pressing stop rather than Esc works fine.  Double clicking also causes a crash.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 05:56:37 am »

With this build using "Convert Format" to change files either from WAV to MP3 or to change the MP3 compression ratio I get a Windows message saying that "Lame.exe" has stopped working. MC says that the conversion has worked - but it hasn't as the file is not complete and only plays the first few seconds.

Would reinstalling "Lame.exe" help? If so where can I get a copy?

Thanks. John.

TheLion

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:42:04 am »

Hello!

BUG REPORT: Selecting madVR as renderer still results in a programm crash with any video file and on any system I have tried it. madVR is working on other DS media players like MPC-HC, Zoomplayer and PotPlayer without a glitch. (Windows 7 64bit, latest ATI/AMD drivers (5850))

As this is IMHO by far the best and most flexible available renderer option I consider it a necessity to use it especially together with high quality sources (Blu-Ray -> mkv). Therefor the lacking support is seriously limiting MC15 quality as a media/video player. I would appreciate it very much if madVR support would be fixed.

Thank you!

zagor

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:38:59 am »

In last two builds I can not play the VOB files.
MC freezes and only sound portion of the file is played. 

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 07:46:07 am »

Found an album that was recently tagged with cover art, and the cover is now wrong.

When choosing the 2nd cover art option, of returned results, the first one (the current image file) is displayed with results and incorrectly chosen and tagged to the files.

When I delete the cover art, then search Internet, I only see one result, which is accurate, but when I choose it, I get the old and incorrect file. I'm attempting this via library server for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up