INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Rainmeter skin for MC  (Read 32946 times)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Rainmeter skin for MC
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:31:51 pm »

Ok so I have redone the skin to be modular in nature and created a configuration utility.

Modules:
  • Cover Art - Width/Height and transparency configurable in the configuration utility (CU), set to maintain aspect ratio.
    You can also launch the CU bu left clicking the image
  • Volume bar - Width can be 5 or 10px, height from 50 - 200px in 50px increments, foreground and background colors, all set
    with the CU. There are volume set buttons that appear when you hover over the bar. The buttons change dynamically
    based on the color, width, and height of the bar. The volume set buttons are based on a 2% increment hence the bar must be
    set in increments of 50px.
  • Position/Progress Bar - Height can be 5 or 10px, width from 20-540px in 20px increments, foreground and background colors, all set
    with the CU. There are jump buttons that appear when you hover over the bar. The buttons change dynamically based on the
    color, width, and height of the bar. There are 20 buttons hence the required 20px per step width change. The jump back/fwd
    options are 10 & 30 seconds, 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, & 30 minutes, and 1hr.
  • Rating Star - Color configurable in the CU,
  • Playing Now info - Each line's color, size, font face, and style is configurable in the CU. To remove a line just set it's font size to 0
    the lines below will automatically move up
  • Play Controls - The skin comes with 2 set of button which can be selected using the CU. To add more buttons create a new subfolder
    in the Resources\Images\PlayControls folder and name them the same way as the included files.
  • Launcher - This skin is setup with links to the ReadMe file, RainBrowser, RainThemes, Configuration Utility, this post, and a Refresh
    config button for when you are done making changes with the CU. The skin is hidden until you hover over it and resides in the center
    of your screen (primary screen if you have a multi-monitor setup)

Future additions:
  • Tagging feature that is a hidden skin and only visible when you click a button. You will be able to make changes to the current playing file.
    MC is directed to the file for tagging through the MCWS by it's FileKey so tagging any file other than the currently playing file would be near
    impossible unless you know the key. I may be able to create some sort of translator to convert Name/Artist/Album to FileKey but it is a long shot.
  • Buttons to toggle Continuous and Shuffle state.
  • Add to playlist
  • Configurable links (LyricWikia or Last.fm for example)
  • Anything else that is suggested and won't be overly difficult to implement
  • Utility to backup UserVariables.inc so you can save multiple configurations

If you so desire you can uncheck the "Apply Theme" box in Rainstaller. If you choose that route I suggest that after installation you navigate to
C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Themes\FirstRun and open the Rainmeter.thm in a text editor. Copy all the contents of the file except
the entries under [Rainmeter] into Rainmeter.ini found in C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter After you have copy/pasted the contents if
you use the refresh all command from one of the several places it is available the Launcher will appear (well kinda see below)

You may be wondering why I have decided to load a theme so here is the explanation.
In order for the refresh command in the launcher to work properly the skins must have the group tag in rainmeter.ini
and the only way to ensure that is to load a theme or manually edit the rainmeter.ini.
By using either of thoes methods the refresh command will work correctly.

If you choose to load the theme on initial load only the Launcher is active, in order for it to appear you have to hover over it,
this is by design. The location will be centered in your primary monitor. I have configured the installer in this manor because there
are settings that are required. My suggestion would be to first click on the "ReadMe" link after reading that open the configuration
utility and make the required settings. Now you have the choice to either open "Themes"
and load the configuration seen in pic 1 below by selecting "RiverFront" from the themes menu or open RainBrowser
and add what ever you wish.  

Download the rmskin

Just a couple of layouts I threw together real quick.

notice that the "Track x of xx" line is removed by setting SizePN to 0

PS: I have reached a final name that I think is fitting when you consider what it is used for.
Sean

kurushi

Re: Rainmeter skin for MC (still in development)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:15:52 pm »

Lovely skin even i don't use rainmeter :D

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:26 pm »

Lovely skin even i don't use rainmeter :D

Thanks
Have you ever tried it out? It really is an amazing program IMHO worth buying and it is free.
Sean

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 12:40:40 pm »

Hello,

Thanks, but don't show: cover art, button pause/play, name track.

I am using Rainmeter 1.4 Beta rev 724 (RC1), Media Center 15.0.173, Win XP SP3.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 01:04:11 pm »

I see you are using Win XP which uses a different user folder structure you will have to edit a few lines
in the ini file let me see what the location would be on XP and that should fix it.
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:08:44 pm »

Are you on the local machine or over network?

Local machine.

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 01:26:47 pm »

You need to change the following

[MeterDisplayImage]
Meter=IMAGE
X=10
Y=10
H=140
W=140
ImageName="%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Temp\Thumbnails\[MeasureImageLocation].jpg"

to

[MeterDisplayImage]
Meter=IMAGE
X=10
Y=10
H=140
W=140
ImageName="%userprofile%\Application Data\J River\Media Center 15\Temp\Thumbnails\[MeasureImageLocation].jpg"

let me know if that fixes it

I am also getting my old XP laptop out for testing.
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 01:54:26 pm »

Works for me on XP SP3 after editing the line referenced earlier.
You also need to have Media Server running.
Sean

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 02:59:40 pm »

Works for me on XP SP3 after editing the line referenced earlier.
You also need to have Media Server running.

I take that back  15.0.173 does something different with the temp thumbnails and I don't get album art anymore.
back to work.

Works like a charm on 15.0.173! at least the minimalistic version. I couldn't get the jrmc1 version to work. I really like it so far, although i took the liberty to set "Update=100", because the refresh rate wasn't smooth enough at the default value of 1000.

I have 3 Requests!:

1)Is there any way to scale down the Coverart and/or the whole skin?  Any command i could try on my own?
2)When the code is stable (which i believe it is, for the jrmc2 skin at least) you could "beautify" the display of cover art by adding jewel case or something else to make it look like cdart :D
3)It would be awesome to display the rating stars beneath or after the song name :)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 03:21:48 pm »

I have 3 Requests!:

1)Is there any way to scale down the Coverart and/or the whole skin?  Any command i could try on my own?
2)When the code is stable (which i believe it is, for the jrmc2 skin at least) you could "beautify" the display of cover art by adding jewel case or something else to make it look like cdart :D
3)It would be awesome to display the rating starts beneath or after the song name :)

I have added rating on mine.
When rating is present and the field in MC is blank it causes an issue because the tag
doesn't get writen to MCWS which throws the measures off, I am seeking a resolution.
Resolved

To change the size of the entire skin and/or cover art edit the bold parts of the sections below in the .ini file

[MeterBackground]
Meter=IMAGE
X=1
Y=1
H=160
W=320

SolidColor=0,0,0,100

[MeterDisplayImage]
Meter=IMAGE
X=10
Y=10
H=140
W=140
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 03:49:04 pm »

removed no longer valid
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 06:55:11 pm »

Hello,

Cover art organized here: C:\Documents and Settings\Fabricio\Dados de aplicativos\J River\Media Center 15\Cover Art\

Help-me. Please.

Thanks.

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 08:18:06 pm »

Sorry for the slow response I didn't have internet because of bad weather.

Try this version if it doesn't work I will need to know how the album art is named.
I set it to the default naming format the Media Center uses for Album Art

Custom version
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33:18 pm »

Sorry guys but my iternet is going in and out so I won't be able to help until the weather gets better. I am typing with my phone.
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 05:18:28 am »

Thanks for help.

Sorry, but, don't working. Why?

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 05:29:51 am »

Sorry guys but my iternet is going in and out so I won't be able to help until the weather gets better. I am typing with my phone.

Ouch sorry about your connection.

I played around with the skin last night and made a few changes to the mini version to meet my taste^^ :

-I reduced the update rate to 100ms so the the song position goes smooth and the track changes are reflected instantly
-I reduced the overal size of the skin and cover art by using the commands you mentioned
-i added the album text beneath the artist name

I'm sending you a private message with my custom version so you can check it and/or include it on your release if you like it. I'm tottally noob in rainmeter skin development and programming in general, so i couldn't figure out how to output the rating number into rating stars :P

I really like how it looks so far and i ditched mini lyrics. Rainmeter ftw!

ps: for those who have problems with the skin make sure you enable the library server in the options, as the skin pulls out information from the playing now page.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 06:21:22 am »

Thanks for help.

Sorry, but, don't working. Why?

I need to know how you have named your album art to help more can you take a screen shot of your
album art folder in details view so maybe I can figure out how you have them named.

Arbiter
Modify as you see fit I forgot to add rating to mini version sorry I will add once internet is back.
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 08:28:38 am »

I need to know how you have named your album art to help more can you take a screen shot of your
album art folder in details view so maybe I can figure out how you have them named.

Where i see? Please.

Arbiter
Modify as you see fit I forgot to add rating to mini version sorry I will add once internet is back.

Ok.

Thanks ...

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 12:07:08 pm »

I have an easy way to fix this.

• Open MC
  • Go to Audio-->Albums
  • edit-->select all
  • tools-->Cover Art-->Save Cover Art to External Location Specified In Options

The files will all have the correct naming architecture after doing this and it should work.

Portuguese version using google translator (just trying to make things easier)  ;D
Eu tenho uma maneira fácil de corrigir isso.

• Abrir MC
  • Ir para Áudio-->Álbuns
  • Editar-->Selecionar tudo
  • Ferramentas-->Cover Art-->Salvar a arte da tampa externa local especificado em Opções

Os arquivos terão todas a arquitetura nomenclatura correta depois de fazer isso e ele deve funcionar.
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 04:31:02 pm »

I have an easy way to fix this.

• Open MC
  • Go to Audio-->Albums
  • edit-->select all
  • tools-->Cover Art-->Save Cover Art to External Location Specified In Options

The files will all have the correct naming architecture after doing this and it should work.

Portuguese version using google translator (just trying to make things easier)  ;D
Eu tenho uma maneira fácil de corrigir isso.

• Abrir MC
  • Ir para Áudio-->Álbuns
  • Editar-->Selecionar tudo
  • Ferramentas-->Cover Art-->Salvar a arte da tampa externa local especificado em Opções

Os arquivos terão todas a arquitetura nomenclatura correta depois de fazer isso e ele deve funcionar.

Dont working ... Is bad,

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 11:27:33 pm »

Revised elapsed/total time code to prevent play/pause button from disappearing and time displaying "0:00/Live" to Play button visible and "Stopped" displayed for time when playback is stopped.
This was occurring due to the fact that MC does not write "PositionDisplay" field to MCWS when in stopped state.

For those of you interested in this little project I apologize for the slow development but I have run into some unforeseen and unexpected detours.
Sean

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 03:53:39 am »

Revised elapsed/total time code to prevent play/pause button from disappearing and time displaying "0:00/Live" to Play button visible and "Stopped" displayed for time when playback is stopped.
This was occurring due to the fact that MC does not write "PositionDisplay" field to MCWS when in stopped state.

For those of you interested in this little project I apologize for the slow development but I have run into some unforeseen and unexpected detours.

Which were resolved^^ hehe. I've been waiting for years for someone to start developing something like that. So i'm sure all of us here interested in this can wait a little while longer :P

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 12:57:11 pm »

Any updates on this lovely skin ? When are you going to upload it to deviant art and #Rainmeter ?:)

By the way, Rainmeter 2.0 just released.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 02:55:18 pm »

Any updates on this lovely skin ? When are you going to upload it to deviant art and #Rainmeter ?:)

By the way, Rainmeter 2.0 just released.

No I had to put it on the back burner for a bit due to more pressing responsibilities.
I am going to wait until it is complete before uploading it anywhere else.
I will definitely have to check out the changes in Rainmeter 2.0.
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »

No I had to put it on the back burner for a bit due to more pressing responsibilities.
I am going to wait until it is complete before uploading it anywhere else.
I will definitely have to check out the changes in Rainmeter 2.0.

Hello,

How are you?

update for MC16 ...

Thanks, good work

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Fabricio

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 09:19:08 am »

Hello,
Have bug.
if the album have variuos artists not show cover art.
Exemple: album: Absolute Love Deluxe have various artists.
For me: Album artist (auto) or album artist= Absolute Love Deluxe

Saved cover art how Absolute Love Deluxe - Absolute Love Deluxe, but not show cover art.

Not working whit "&". Example: album Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing (Keith Urban), renamed for Love, Pain e The Whole Crazy Thing.

Why?

Help-me, please.

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 11:25:33 am »

Hello,
Have bug.
if the album have variuos artists not show cover art.
Exemple: album: Absolute Love Deluxe have various artists.
For me: Album artist (auto) or album artist= Absolute Love Deluxe

Saved cover art how Absolute Love Deluxe - Absolute Love Deluxe, but not show cover art.

Not working whit "&". Example: album Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing (Keith Urban), renamed for Love, Pain e The Whole Crazy Thing.

Why?

Help-me, please.

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

The reason this happens is MC writes the [Artist] to MCWS and the cover art uses [album artist (auto)] for names
The skin is looking for "Whitney Houston - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg" and the cover art is named
"Absolute Love Deluxe - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg"
You can not have a & in a file name and it must be converted to something else.
Here is a list of characters that can not be used in a file name
<
>
:
"
/
\
|
?
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 12:55:52 pm »

The reason this happens is MC writes the [Artist] to MCWS and the cover art uses [album artist (auto)] for names
The skin is looking for "Whitney Houston - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg" and the cover art is named
"Absolute Love Deluxe - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg"
You can not have a & in a file name and it must be converted to something else.
Here is a list of characters that can not be used in a file name
<
>
:
"
/
\
|
?

The skin is looking for "Whitney Houston - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg";

I have to save cover art "artist - Absolute Love Deluxe"?

Look:

Whitney Houston - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg

Lionel Richie - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg

Richard Marx - Absolute Love Deluxe.jpg?

Without conditions, i have multiples albuns, variuos artists ...

??

Please, help-me

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 05:32:22 pm »

Yes
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 06:44:11 pm »

Help-me

How salve artist - Album? no album artist (auto).

How to do? How you do?

Please,

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Fabricio

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 09:29:33 am »

Hello,

I think, also

Regards,

Fabricio, from Brazil

kurushi

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 02:13:31 pm »

Thanks
Have you ever tried it out? It really is an amazing program IMHO worth buying and it is free.

Hi,
sorry for the late...
In fact i have try rainmeter since one week now and finally i don't use it (i have played a little with it and try the 3 factory skins)
But thx it's was funny it remember me bbox or litestep...

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 04:16:42 am »

removed by author
Sean

Fabricio

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 05:01:03 am »

Scolex,

I like of the idea.
PSS: os Fabricio criarei uma versão portuguesa da utilidade cong para você assim você dont têm de usar constantemente promt.

Thanks by the consideration.

I am waiting... Your work are Excellent.

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Fabricio

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 05:25:44 am »

Hi,

I am waiting yet.

Regards ...

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 11:43:57 am »

Fui fazer a tradução mas muitos deles é demasiado longa para ajustar-se dentro da área de texto portanto adivinho que você terá de usar promt.

Paciência o meu bom homem ele merecerá esperar. ;D Tive de cuidar de algum outro negócio portanto o desenvolvimento foi atrasado.
Sean

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 03:50:33 pm »

Did a bit of fast tweaking to get MC working with my rainmeter.

Try as I might, I just can't get the Cover Art, and Progress Bar working. :/

In anycase, hoping for super breakthroughs on your end Scolex. :)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 04:04:11 pm »

Progress bar was a little tricky although I have it working, I had to use some calcs to convert PositionMS and DurationMS to get it to work.
Cover Art has also given me some fits when using temp files created by MC so I am pulling images from my Cover Art folder and have a
version that uses the temp files. I have no idea why but the temp version works for some people and not for others. I have had it work for hours
and then all of the sudden stop for no reason at all. Pulling from the cover art folder works every time though as long as the naming of the
pics is consistent.
I will be releasing what I have right now before the weekends is over just need to make some tweaks and fix a couple of bugs.
I have isolated the bugs but haven't been able to give them a shot of RAID just yet.

You mind if I see what you have maybe there is something in it that works better than what I am doing.
Looks nice by the way.
Sean

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 04:36:31 pm »

Progress bar was a little tricky although I have it working, I had to use some calcs to convert PositionMS and DurationMS to get it to work.
Ah I had the same idea, based on reverse engineering the other player skins. But for some reason it just won't move. :/

I might have set it up wrongly, since the the RegExp calling is veeery fickle in functioning.

Setting up 6 StringIndexes in this SPECIFIC ORDER works for me.
RegExp="(?siU)Name="State">(.*)</Item>.*Name="ElapsedTimeDisplay">(.*)</Item>.*Name="Artist">(.*)</Item>.*Name="Album">(.*)</Item>.*Name="Name">(.*)</Item>"
But the moment I substitute any of these values with other values, i.e "RemainingTimeDisplay" replacing "State", and it promptly stops functioning. Numerous refreshes won't revive it, and even restarting Rainmeter doesn't help. Revert it back to the previous set, and it functions normally lol.

I've gotten around this by setting individual Measures for each value as you have in one of your examples Scollex, that works good, but is a bit lengthy codewise lol.

Soon as I get the Progress Bars working, I'm pretty confident I can do the circle progress bars. Like these.

As for cover art, I've extracted all my cover art from my Library in to a separate folder. Where do I go from there? :D

Anyhoo, thank you for getting the ball rolling on Rainmeter for MC. Am a avid user of Rainmeter but so bummed with the lack of plugin/external support for the best media player out there. And this just hits the spot.

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 07:27:47 am »

Micro-napped, then tackled it again. Got the progress bar working. :D All it needs now is cover art.

Fabricio

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 04:44:21 pm »

Fui fazer a tradução mas muitos deles é demasiado longa para ajustar-se dentro da área de texto portanto adivinho que você terá de usar promt.

Paciência o meu bom homem ele merecerá esperar. ;D Tive de cuidar de algum outro negócio portanto o desenvolvimento foi atrasado.

without problem.
I was sick. almost I die.

Good bye ...

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 02:11:05 am »

I had planned on releasing my updated version over the weekend but I have run into some unexplainable behavior and I am waiting to come up with a solution or get a reply explaining the behavior from one of the rainmeter gurus.
The problem is with the position/progress bar and some buttons that are sized dynamically in that with all but the 2 narrowest possible bar widths the behavior is as expected but with those 2 widths the button behavior and positioning is corrupt.
Sean

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 02:23:36 am »

Ah I see.

I still can't the cover art to work even with your code Scolex. And was hoping to try one of your default skins to see if cover art works with yours so I can port it over to mine.

As for the progress bar, I'm getting erratic behaviour in a different manner. For some songs, the progress bar is accurate, but for some its too fast/slow. Odd really.

In any case, take your time and cheers again for the cover art help. :)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Rainmeter skin for MC (still in development) edit: revised
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 05:17:53 pm »

Original posted completely rewritten and a link to the new version.
Let me know if you have any troubles.
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 05:33:05 pm »

As for the progress bar, I'm getting erratic behavior in a different manner. For some songs, the progress bar is accurate, but for some its too fast/slow. Odd really.

The erratic behavior you are getting if it is the same as mine is from the track cross-fade period and/or the "do not play silence (leading and trailing)" option.
If you watch the regular progress bar it also gets cut short at times.
Sean

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »

Hmm. Default loading of RiverFront doesn't load anything lol. And the variables altered via the configuration tool also don't seem to be taking.

But it's most likely because I'm on MC16, although I did use the configuration tool to change MC15 to MC16.
In the end I manually edited the .inis' to reflect my setup (IP address of server, and MC16.exe etc) and I got track info + ratings working.

Still working on making it compatible to my setup. Still no dice on the cover art, but its possible because I'm storing it in a separate folder. "G:\Music\Covers". Again I've altered the strings in the .ini but they still don't show. :/

I'll work on it some more to make it work on my setup. :)

Lastly, I must say its annoying having all the different parts in separate folders and loading them as separate configs lol. Its really hard to move the whole config as they are individual parts and additionally, I use Win+D quite often, and its kinda hard to set each item to "On Desktop".

In anycase cheers for your work Scolex. Much appreciated.

Edit: Position bar doesn't turn up. Checked the .ini and

[Variables]
@include=D:\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RiverFront\Resources\Variables\UserVariables.inc

[MeasureVars]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=file://D:\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RiverFront\Resources\Variables\UserVariables.inc <======
RegExp="(?siU)PosBarW=(.*)\n.*PosBarH=(.*)\n"

Shouldn't it be a variable or a default C:\ for the most users Documents folder?

Edit 2:
The same line appears in the CoverArt.ini too.

Edit 3:
#MCxx# needs to be changed to #MCxx#.exe for Playing Controls.ini

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:36 pm »

Oh, quirk I discovered. Track info only displays properly when the Album field is filled. Songs without an Album field don't show any track info.

Edit: Still can't get cover art to work. :/

Edit 2: Got it working!! Via an alternate method that doesn't require web parsing. But it only works if the user uses the Track Info display.
Info to come while I finalize the code.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 11:20:13 pm »

Oh, quirk I discovered. Track info only displays properly when the Album field is field. Songs without an Album field don't show any track info.

Edit: Still can't get cover art to work. :/

Edit 2: Got it working!! Via an alternate method that doesn't require web parsing. But it only works if the user uses the Track Info display.
Info to come while I finalize the code.

I am not aware of the quirk you mention with the Album field or what exactly you mean by "Album field is field".
Did you mean "Album field is filled".

Corrected the D:\doc........ with #SKINSPATH# which is what I thought I had done, I always forget something.
Not sure why you are having trouble with the cover art if you are using the non temp version however I have never been able to get the temp version working with MC16.
Sean

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:32 pm »

Hmm. Default loading of RiverFront doesn't load anything lol. And the variables altered via the configuration tool also don't seem to be taking.

But it's most likely because I'm on MC16, although I did use the configuration tool to change MC15 to MC16.
In the end I manually edited the .inis' to reflect my setup (IP address of server, and MC16.exe etc) and I got track info + ratings working.

#MCxx# needs to be changed to #MCxx#.exe for Playing Controls.ini

1. The default load only loads the Launcher which is hidden until you hover over it, this was explained in my updated original post.
2. For the variable altered via the config to take effect you have to enter the value then click "set value" and after all changes are made click "save all" and refresh the skins.
3. #MCxx# does not need to be changed you enter the .exe in the config utility the default value that shows on initial run is stated that way (MC15.exe) so I thought it would be self explanatory that the .exe was required.

Did you read my updated original post and the read me in their entirety?
Sean

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2011, 01:20:51 am »

1. The default load only loads the Launcher which is hidden until you hover over it, this was explained in my updated original post.
2. For the variable altered via the config to take effect you have to enter the value then click "set value" and after all changes are made click "save all" and refresh the skins.
3. #MCxx# does not need to be changed you enter the .exe in the config utility the default value that shows on initial run is stated that way (MC15.exe) so I thought it would be self explanatory that the .exe was required.
I'm aware of what the launcher is. :) And I did click set value, but didn't save all. Perhaps I'll try again.
As for #MCxx#, all I did was change xx to 16. So it did say MC16.exe. But still the player controls didn't work. Retrying now anyhow.

Admittedly I didn't read the readme.pdf in entirety, so all blame on me, but it does seem rather complicated now that I've read it. :P
Trying it step by step anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, I found an alternate way to display the cover art. For users who use Track Info.

You can only use this if you use the Track Info display in MC.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xain395e3dpqq6c

This config displays just the cover image. The rest of the player is NOT INCLUDED in this zip. It is just the cover and you can move it where wherever you please.
Clicking the cover art now opens the folder where the currently playing track is.

Credit in part goes to Scolex for the inspiration. :P

PS: I'm also attempting to beautify the cover art displays, playing around with shadows, and cd covers. I'll post when I have something solid to show.

Edit:
No dice with rain configurator. :(
But I've I've got my configuration working splendidly and I couldn't ask for more. Couldn't have done it without you Scolex. Thanks again.

Edit: Clicking the cover art now opens the folder where the currently playing track is.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up