INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech squeezebox?  (Read 14444 times)

koolmees

• World Citizen
Logitech squeezebox?
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:39:42 pm »

Is it possible to play MC 15 on my Logitech squeezebox? If so, I will buy 15 sure! 

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
Re: Logitech squeezebox?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 03:59:32 pm »

I am using MC15 -> Whitebear Media Server -> Logitech Squeezebox Server -> Squeezebox2.  It basically works, but it is a little clunky.

http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver

See the wiki for setup and other help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

==
roognation
human electrode

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:20:24 pm »

The support in MC16 is better than 15 for this situation.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 01:26:42 pm »

In version 15 it doesn't work. How is squeezebox working in MC 16? If not I will wait (till 17?  :) )

MrC

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 01:46:03 pm »

Download and try it, to see how it works for you.  You'll need Whitebear to act as a DLNA server.

http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=80632

MC15 also works with Whitebear, but MC16 is improved in this area and work is ongoing.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 01:21:55 pm »

I've tried it and in MC I can see Whitebear. Whitebear sees the squeezebox but the squeezebox doesn't see Whitebear of MC. When I am playing music of the playlist of Whitebear I hear the music of my normal playlist. In the screen I see the covers of my CD's; normally I see the track information. I'm afraid I am doing something wrong.

MrC

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 01:30:11 pm »

There are two modes you can use:

1) MC streams files from its own music database to Squeezebox zones.  You'll see these as http://.../something.mp3 (file suffix will vary depending up your music files).  This mode does not show track info, Squeezebox's see what looks like a radio stream.

2) MC instructs (via Whitebear) SC to play tracks.  This is an alternate library you select / load under the MC Playing Now tree (in MC 16).  The first time, this will import track metadata into MC.  This mode allows you to see track info.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 01:34:50 pm »

In that case I have to download a trial of MC16. Is is necessary to uninstall MC15?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 01:40:00 pm »

No.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:36 pm »

There are two modes you can use:

1) MC streams files from its own music database to Squeezebox zones.  You'll see these as http://.../something.mp3 (file suffix will vary depending up your music files).  This mode does not show track info, Squeezebox's see what looks like a radio stream.

2) MC instructs (via Whitebear) SC to play tracks.  This is an alternate library you select / load under the MC Playing Now tree (in MC 16).  The first time, this will import track metadata into MC.  This mode allows you to see track info.

At this moment I see in Squeezebox option 1, but I think I've made the settings of option 2  ?.  See this image (a little big  :-\). Could you help me a little bit more?  

MrC

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 03:23:40 pm »

Try this.  Find the tracks you want to play.  Right click them, and Send To->Play <your Squeezebox's name>->Play

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 11:56:56 am »

I get a connection and indeed: I see and hear the song. But is it not possible to skip a song? And its it possible to play the list at startup or I have to send it everytime to the squeezebox?

And: I hear the song on squeezebox but not on PC and it's playing the same song again and again.

I'm afraid for giving up. I've tried it several times but the player starts again and again. Downstairs I hear the same song again and again.

Maybe caused by this error?

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 08:25:08 am »

Nobody??  :-\

MrC

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 04:45:24 pm »

Maybe we can solve one problem at a time.  Trying to pose too many questions at once overwhelms others, so they hold off or move on to other threads.

I don't have my Whitebear zone loaded currently, and my wife is listening to music, so I can't switch now.

I wonder if you have track repeat enabled?  (Player->Repeat-> ...)

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »

The setting is: Repeat current playlist. I select all songs of the playlist (CTRL+A) and send them to Play with Whitebear/Play with Play Doctor. I don't see "Squeezebox" in the menu.

MrC

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »

You'll want to select the desired SB zone under Playing Now.  If you have tabs enabled, you'll see a Playing Now tab with your <SB's name> (by Whitebear).  Then, seed Play Doctor with the words to create your playlist, and click Play.  This will stream the tracks to your SB.  I find that the tracks play one after another (I have Repeat disabled).

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 02:47:24 am »

See this image.

I will play nr. 2, "Squeezebox by Whitebear", but I hear nr. 1, "Here".  The indicator nr. 3 hangs, it starts for two seconds and repeat this action. Nr. 4 let see, that I have the right play list on screen. At this moment that's the problem.

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 06:01:09 am »

Hi, I have done everything but I cannot see whitebear in MC (I see WB library but not as a zone, which is what I want)
Any idea?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 07:30:43 am »

We've been working with Whitebear a little.  Try this version:
http://www.jriver.com/logitechmc/

It can co-exist with other MC's so there is no need to uninstall them.

Don't miss the instructions page.  There is a link at the bottom.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 08:50:34 am »

It was my topic??  ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 09:15:58 am »

That build includes a different version of JRiver Media Center, Squeezebox Server, and Whitebear.  It would be good to try it.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 05:56:39 am »

I miss several features that I always use ( and I hope I am wrong)  as skipping a song, searching in the entire collection etc. Ik like to hear songs on PC and when I walk to the room the same song is playing. That's the way I use Squeezebox and I hope it will will be built on thay way.

After uninstallling this trial I started MC 12 and I've got this error:

So I have to reinstall.  >:(

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 04:03:12 am »

That build includes a different version of JRiver Media Center, Squeezebox Server, and Whitebear.  It would be good to try it.
MC and SqueezeBox server merged ! Looks great :) I must admit I did not have the courage to setup Whitebear...
Do you have some kind of partnership with Logitech ? Can we expect MC to be officially provided with the SqueezeBoxes some day, or other Logitech products ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 06:52:14 am »

We don't know anything yet.  It's a proposal.

Whitebear is great and doesn't take much to set up.

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 08:45:40 am »

I've tried it yesterday. It works well, a little too well in fact... I installed the package, loaded my usual library, and made a few clicks on the playing now libraries and on some random songs in a pane, just to test how MC's multi-zones worked. AC/DC started to play in my living room at 1AM at a quite high volume. Forgot to turn the amp off...  ;D

So the good point is that it works well, without any effort. But regarding MC's ergonomy, something is not very clear. Could you please do something to indicate in which zone a song will play when you just double click it ? It seems that MC uses the last zone "activated" (the last one clicked under Playing Now). Maybe update the "Play" menu item to "Play in that zone", or change the icon of the UI active zone in the Playing Now tree... My neighbors would appreciate ^^

Anyway, this integration is really nice, thanks!

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 05:23:06 pm »

Could you please do something to indicate in which zone a song will play when you just double click it ?
I will answer myself to that stupid request : the active zone is written in the top display (don't know how to call it, under the name of the currently playing song). sorry ::)

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 03:01:54 pm »

well, finally it works with standard version, it is a problem of squeezbox configuration

not so easy to make it work with the 2 zones linked...

thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up