INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't burn a CD Error message  (Read 2339 times)

scorpio

• Recent member
Can't burn a CD Error message
« on: May 31, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »

I can't burn a CD. It works fine using Windows media Player, so I know its not the DVD/CD faulty.

It doesn't make any difference what type of CD disk I use. I get the same error message:

Error writing Pre-gap
Cannot write medium - incompatable format

I've tried adjusting all the settings under Burning in options, it makes no difference.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and my DVD/CD is a Samsung Superwritemaster SpeedPlus on the Intel USB controller of my Asus Rampage III motherboard.

Any ideas?
Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't burn a CD Error message
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »

It still may be the drive.

What version of MC are you using?

scorpio

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »

MC 16 latest version available

I've switched it over to the JMicron controller to see if that makes any difference. I get the same message.

Yet Windows Media Player and explorer can burn files to it. Most odd.

The drive is Samsung Super-WriteMaster TSSTcorp CDDVDW  SH-S223C ATA Device

I've checked the Samsung website in case there was a firmware upgrade, but can't find any downloads for it.

scorpio

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »

OK, found the latest firmware and installed it, but it still won't burn using MC16. ?

scorpio

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 12:13:04 am »

It must be the drive. I didn't have any problems with my older IDE type LG SuperMulti drive in any computers I built. This is the first time I've had a motherboard without the large IDE connector. I'll see if I can pick up a SATA version of the SuperMulti.

McNeil

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:59:24 am »

MC 16.0.181. This happened to me yesterday as well. Tried to burn a CD and I think after the first track I got this message.

I also have a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-223C set to max.

Looks like this device gives you guys trouble from now and then because I once had problems and it was solved as you can see here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59689.msg413740#msg413740.
Now I have another coaster. I didn't yet try again with the log enabled. But I can tell you that it's not the drive because I can burn with other apps without problems.

Edit: It is propably the same problem/reason as in the other post because the behaviour seems to be the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up