INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harmony One Users. ESC is closing my theaterview...Help would be appreciated  (Read 6004 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

I have the harmony one remote, and a thermaltake HTPC case (DH202) with IMON software in it. (IMON software ive been upgrading for the last year - issue never went away)
My windows 7 is fully up to date, my drivers are up to date, My imon software is up to date (i've had this issue ever since i bought this unit)

The issue... When in theaterview, Display view (full screen) And a user wants to get out of theaterview they press the ESC button on the harmony remote. Well 6 out of 10 times it works. the remaining times it pushes you completelly out of theaterview back into standard view. So then a user has to grab the wireless keyboard and re-open theaterview and start from the home position again.

Do any of you/have any of you experienced this?
Any of you using the imon software?
Or do you all use the jriver remote software build into jriver/ and then disable the imon software?

I really would like to get this fixed. On the HTPC/all clients... i would love the ability once i have theaterview setup.. that a user would have to hit the EXIT button to leave, and not be pushed out automatically.

Thanks for any tips With this. This has been really frustrating for the whole family.

kensn

• MC Beta Team

could it be that the ESC is getting sent twice, if you press to long, or the repeat rate is too fast. I am not familiar with the Imon software, but maybe you can disable the repeat function on that key.... Just thinking because 2 presses of ESC does take you out of TheaterView.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

HTPC4ME

kensen
do you use the harmony? im not to knowledgeable with the ir functions of htpc's, does that mean im stuck with imon?

if not would using jrivers remote options behoove me?
I'm willing to ditch imon and use jrivers or ANY other route to make this just work.

Thank You.

kensn

• MC Beta Team

I do use a Harmony remote, the IR receiver I use came with a Windows MC remote. The JR MC software works very well for me with this configuration.

Ken

HTPC4ME

so being i have an ir built into the unit, would JR MC software work? or would i need to find a different external ir receiver?

kensn

• MC Beta Team

I am unsure of what the IMON IR receiver driver is identified as. Any generic WMC IR receiver will work with your remote though. I do also recall a post on here that an individual asked if JR would just sell an IR receiver and I believe the answer is yes. I can tell you my IR receiver shows as "Microsoft E-Home IR Receiver" or something pretty close to that. This is on a Win 7 box.

Ken

HTPC4ME

ok thanks for info, i will try digging into this and see what i can figure out.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

You may not have to purchase anything. Can you go into the Harmony software and configure the repreat rate? Or the IMon manager? It really does seem like you're registering Esc twice with a single press. I have the same setup but haven't configured it yet. I used to use a Harmony 880 with IMON. Soon I'll use my Harmony One, or my X10 Nstinct remote with the IMON receiver.

HTPC4ME

found this in my harmony settings on pc - which option would i want to manipulate, and how does one know how much?

my settings now

power on delay - 1500

Inter-key Delay - 100

Inter-Device Delay - 1500

Thanks

kensn

• MC Beta Team

I found this for you in a Logitech forum, may be of use...

"Thanks to this thread I finally have a working system. The only thing I had to do was to choose the correct device from Logitech database: Soundgraph IMON PAD. Then tune up the delays (Inter-key: 300ms, Inter-device: 100ms and that 0-5 thing: 0)."

Just trying to help..

Ken

HTPC4ME

nwboater

• MC Beta Team

For $35 I bought the JRiver Remote and Receiver. The Receiver plugs into a USB port and works very well with our Harmony One. And in the event the Harmony dies we have a spare remote. You will have another small box, the receiver, that needs to catch the remote signals. But this might just save you a lot of grief!

Good luck.
Rod

kensn

• MC Beta Team

I do agree that the Harmony with a standard IR receiver works very well, customize buttons for TheaterView, Now Playing, Standard View, Display View... All just a button away... The JR remote setup is well done.

Ken

nwboater

• MC Beta Team

I do agree that the Harmony with a standard IR receiver works very well, customize buttons for TheaterView, Now Playing, Standard View, Display View... All just a button away... The JR remote setup is well done.

Ken

Ken,

Did you do the customizing or find it at Logitech for MC?

Thanks,
Rod

kensn

• MC Beta Team

I set my Harmony for MS WMC remote. Then added buttons via the Logitech software, then mapped them with the JR remote setup.

Ken

HTPC4ME

got the ir receiver
I set my Harmony for MS WMC remote.
did you do this from within logitech software?

kensn

• MC Beta Team

got the ir receiver  did you do this from within logitech software?

Yes, when setting up devices in my system. There were a few to choose from, and I am at work and cannot remember the exact one I choose to emulate.

Ken

HTPC4ME

Thanks ken for reply

would you ( on your free time) or someone else be willing to provide me steps on getting the jriver receiver to work with Logitech harmony remote?
I didnt buy the jriver remote just the receiver. i hope this is ok.

lol Logitech doesn't support the jriver receiver. worked my way up to top level tier 2 paid support .  they will only support imon or Logitech receivers.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team

I set my Harmony for MS WMC remote. Then added buttons via the Logitech software, then mapped them with the JR remote setup.

Ken

Thanks for the response Ken. If you get a chance could you explain a little further what you did re "Mapped them with the JR remote setup"?

We appreciate your sharing what you have done. My Harmony One is working fine with JRiver, but only in the simplest sense. It would be nice to have some of the extra functions available for JRiver.

Thanks,
Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Plugging the receiver in should be enough to get Windows to recognize it.

Then, if the Logitech remote acts like a Windows Media Center remote, it may just work with MC16.

HTPC4ME

kept calling Logitech tier 2, finally found a cool cat who's helping me out(  oh yeah and free :)  ), will post results/steps when finished.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Tell him we'll provide a license if he would like one.

HTPC4ME

will do.

kensn

• MC Beta Team

Thanks ken for reply

would you ( on your free time) or someone else be willing to provide me steps on getting the jriver receiver to work with Logitech harmony remote?
I didnt buy the jriver remote just the receiver. i hope this is ok.

If the IR reciever shows up as an E-Home device in your Device manger then your good to go. i will make a detailed post on my setup when i get a chance to get in front of it....

Ken

HTPC4ME

i got Microsoft e-home infrared transceiver in device manager.
So set on that ;)

i will make a detailed post on my setup when i get a chance to get in front of it....
Appreciate It. This would be good for other users too.

Thanks

kensn

• MC Beta Team

Just to let you know, I am using the harmony 700, but the setup and settings should be pretty much the same. I work 12hrs/day today thru Sunday, so it may be til Monday to get a real step by step procedure ready. I will post the basics whe I get home tonight.

Ken

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

FYI - I too use the Harmony One and it all worked "out of the box" since 2007 (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40256.0) ... I just did the following :
1) plugged in MS E-Home Infrared Transceiver into the USB port and the driver is just installed by Win 7 (Those nice guys at MS have a separate patch if you need it for WinXP   - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B39D53F1-0AC9-433B-B488-4CAB82F31DC8&displaylang=en )
2) Used the Logitec SW Config to set the HTPC to use the MCE remote codes

That was it, if your IR receiver is using the same driver you should have not need to do any mapping or config in MC, no need for any other drivers, middleware etc.

JRiver CEO Elect

imugli

• MC Beta Team

I'm also using Harmony One emulating MCE remote.

Works great with no programming necessary, just the setup in the Harmony software.

Even has positive WAF...  ;D

HTPC4ME

I'm ROCKIN!!!!

1 question

The buttons music pictures videos. Is it possible to have harmony goto audio, images, video in theater view being my music, my pics, my vids don't apply? right now if i click those 3 it just brings me home. can we set it up to bring us straight into audio, images or video?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

16.0.103 (6/3/2011)

5. Fixed: The 'My TV'. 'My Music', etc. buttons on an MCE remote were not working (note that renaming or moving the stock Theater View layout can break these buttons).
JRiver CEO Elect

kensn

• MC Beta Team

Gald to hear you got it going. The one thing I did was go to additonal buttons under the activity I set up for "Listen To Music" and was able to set in my display on the top of my 700 "Playing Now - mapped to "green", "Display View" - mapped to "yellow", "Theater View" - mapped to "red' and "Normal View" - mapped to "blue". This text shows next to the buttons in the top part of my display when the activity "Listen To Music" is selected. I then went into the JRiver remote options and "learned" these buttons for those functions. Works like a charm...

Ken

HTPC4ME

ok got the my music, my pics, my vids going... NICE!

i cant for the life of me get playing now, normal view buttons to work

on logitech software
playing now button = green
Normal view = blue

in jriver if i choose learn and choose those 2 buttons, it just stays on learning, it wont learn the code/color.

Any ideas?

HTPC4ME

also.. any of you run into the issue, when you switch activity's/OR shut down your whole system with harmony that it automatically just starts playing a video?

Every time i switch inputs, even if jriver is stopped, and it's on home screen when i switch activities(to satellite\xbox etc... i see it sending commands to HTPC, and then when i go back something is playing.
Activity for HTPC below

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Mine just sits on the "home screen" in Theater View doing nothing as I switch around.  For what it is worth my Harmony Settings are as follows (but I set them years ago and have never changed a thing so some of the codes or behaviour could now be different).
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

jmone, not sure whats happening with mine. looks like ours is similiar... still chippen away.

i still cant get the logitech/jriver remote setup to learn the playing now, display view command. it just sits at learning, when i chose to learn music, pics, images, it learned it instantly.

kensn

• MC Beta Team

Again, not at my PC, but I do think in the JR remote setup I chose the the second option for the type of remote. There was, if I remember correctly, WMC, IR ... , and something else. I choose IR.. and then it would learn commands.

Sorry so vague.

Ken

HTPC4ME

Thanx Ken, will give that a shot
Pages: [1]   Go Up