INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray : Playlists and Stream Info (for Main Movie, Alt Endings, Subs etc)  (Read 14449 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

I thought I would start a thread with details of those Blu-ray discs that may need user intervention.  Most of the time you can just put in the disc and the correct Playlist will automatically start.  MC16 uses LAV splitter to play Blu-rays and at present it does this by just playing the longest playlist on the disc.  In some cases this is not what you want.  In these cases you can browse the disc structure to the Playlist Folder (\BDMV\Playlist) and play the relevant MPLS:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1:  Main Movie Playlist is 00100.MPLS (MC will by default play the commentary stream instead)
I am Legend:  If you want to view the Alternative Ending then play 00006.MPLS
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Lord of the Rings EE : I have the Oz version and found an issue that the "forced subs" for English translations of Elvish are infact not forced at all but a completely separate Sub Title stream that is the 2nd Eng sub on each Disc except for D2 of TT where it for some unknown reason is the 16th!
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Aníral sogad?

Nerd!  (and the answer to your question is "Tancave")
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator

Hria cuilë!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator

Nerd! 
Flattery will get you nowhere.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Jim, any chance we can have this as a sticky so people see it and add to it?

Or maybe we need a seperate board for this stuff, especially once all these silly fake playlist discs start to come out!

Richard

CountryBumkin

Reagrding the fake playlist movies (like Source Code), AnyDVD now detects the good playlists and lists them in its log. Ideally if MC could read these "good playlists" from AnyDVD, MC would ignore the rest - so your stream selection would only only show two choices.

JimH

• Administrator

Jim, any chance we can have this as a sticky so people see it and add to it?

Or maybe we need a seperate board for this stuff, especially once all these silly fake playlist discs start to come out!

Richard
I'm reluctant to make this type of post sticky since there are so many potentially useful posts like this.  Where to draw the line is difficult.  You could add a link to it in the FAQ.

A better solution would be an online database like yadb.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

A better solution would be an online database like yadb.

Promises Promises!  This would be the ultimate solution.  You could rip a Blu then YADB be used to import the correct main playlist as well as others for alternative endings etc.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Blu-ray : Playlists and Stream Info (for Main Movie, Alt Endings, Subs etc)
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 06:28:44 am »

Life of Brian:  Main Movie Playlist is 00001.MPLS (MC will by default play a commentary of the screenplay instead)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 09:10:24 pm »

Sherlock Holmes:  Main Movie Playlist is 00100.MPLS (MC will by default play a commentary of the screenplay instead)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 04:02:41 pm »

I have the UK version and found an issue that the "forced subs" for English translations of Alien speech are infact not forced at all but a completely separate Sub Title stream.  I hate it when they author discs this way, Lazy sods and it is even worse when it is not consistant over a set!

Star Wars I (Phantom Menace), II (Attack of the Clones), and VI (Return of the Jedi) : Forced Subs are the LAST Eng sub on the Disc.
Star Wars III (Revenge of the Sith) and V (Empire Strikes Back):  Does not appear to have any forced subs
Star Wars IV (A New Hope):  Forced Subs is the 2nd Eng Sub stream

EDIT:
Note: Not all the Alien speech is subtitled anyway.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 10:34:00 pm »

This thread may be worth moving to the MC18 board.

Supernatural Season 1 and 2:  Found an odd one where my versions of Supernatural S1 and S2 did not have playlists for each of the Episodes on the disc.  Attached are MPLS that I created for each episode on these discs, just copy them into the correct Playlist folder and MC will then be able to populate the database with a playlist for each episode using Right Click --> Stacks --> Advanced --> Auto Create Title Particles.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up