INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio CD Cover Display  (Read 2371 times)

Eichhorn

• Junior Woodchuck
Audio CD Cover Display
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:05:26 am »

Showing the cover when playing an audio CD does not work. No matter whether I load the cover with JRiver down or not. (google images) It is then exist on the hard drive but will not be displayed. Neither in the normal view mode or in the theater. What am I doing wrong?

Das Anzeigen der Cover beim Abspielen einer Audio-CD klappt nicht. Egal, ob ich das Cover mit JRiver runter lade oder nicht. (google-Bilder) Es ist dann zwar auf der Festplatte vorhanden, aber wird nicht angezeigt. Weder in der normalen Ansicht noch im Theatermodus. Was mache ich falsch?

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio CD Cover Display
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 08:41:22 am »

Showing the cover when playing an audio CD does not work. No matter whether I load the cover with JRiver down or not. (google images) It is then exist on the hard drive but will not be displayed. Neither in the normal view mode or in the theater. What am I doing wrong?

You might have have the horizontal split bar pulled all the way up to the top of the screen. If the Playing Now info fills up the entire right-hand column, that it probably the case. Try dragging it down to the middle of the screen.

If that doesn't work, try posting a screenshot of your view to this thread and someone will probably be able to help you.

Eichhorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 07:23:31 am »

Here tried with all settings

Why did I receive no cover image? What is wrong?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:53:54 am »

MC can automatically link external cover art if the image file's name and path match with the set cover art location option. The available options in "Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art" are as follows:

1) In a specified folder

- in a single dedicated cover art folder (you can set the folder if you don't want to use the default location)
- the filename must match the Album Artist (auto) - Album rule, for example: The Beatles - Abbey Road.jpg  or  (Multiple Artists) - Moulin Rouge (Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film).jpg

2) In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)

- in the music file's folder
- the filename must be Folder.jpg

3) In the same folder as the file

- in the music file's folder
- the filename must match the Album Artist (auto) - Album rule, for example: The Beatles - Abbey Road.jpg  or  (Multiple Artists) - Moulin Rouge (Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film).jpg

If the filenames and locations are correct you can use the "Tools > Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory" menu command for linking the image files if they are not already linked for some reason.

-------------

Alternatively you can link any image file by using the "Tools > Cover Art > Add From File..." command. In this case the filename does not matter - for example, Oxygene-1977.jpg will work.

You can also drag and drop any image file from Windows Explorer to the expanded cover art display in Action Window when one or more audio files are selected. More info about this method: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59513.msg415474#msg415474

-------------

A third option would be to use the excellent "Tools > Cover Art > Get From Internet..." tool.

EDIT

The above information is correct is for ripped and other music files, not for physical Audio CD discs.

Since you are specifically asking about physical CDs you can use only a separate cover art folder i.e. the naming/location option 1) or link the images by hand. You can link the CD cover art and after that change the cover art location option for music files if you prefer to do that. MC will remember the CD cover art links as long as you use the same database.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:02:12 am »

Our wiki has an article on cover art.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:56:43 am »

Alex, I've added your information above to the article on the Wiki.  Thanks very much.

Eichhorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 05:15:21 am »

It is true, it can only position 1. All names and paths are correct, but it will not appear? See screenshot! Where is my mistake? Sorry, my english is bad (only google)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:15:58 am »

Did you right click the files, and select Covert Art->"Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory"?

Eichhorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 03:30:31 pm »

@Bryanhoop
Where can I find these settings? Please include a Screenshot

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 03:40:37 pm »

Right click a file and you will see that setting.

Cover Art Directory is what you have set under Tools/Options/File Associations.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »

Where can I find these settings? Please include a Screenshot

If the filenames and locations are correct you can use the "Tools > Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory" menu command for linking the image files if they are not already linked for some reason.

-------------

Alternatively you can link any image file by using the "Tools > Cover Art > Add From File..." command. In this case the filename does not matter - for example, Oxygene-1977.jpg will work.

You can also drag and drop any image file from Windows Explorer to the expanded cover art display in Action Window when one or more audio files are selected. More info about this method: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59513.msg415474#msg415474

-------------

A third option would be to use the excellent "Tools > Cover Art > Get From Internet..." tool.

The right-click menu provides access to the same cover art menu as Tools > Cover Art...  You can temporarily change the program language to English to make finding the commands easier.

After I posted my last reply I noticed that MC cannot automatically find CD cover art even if a correctly named file already exists in the cover art directory. The cover art image must be linked manually by using one of the available methods. For example, "Quick Find..." works fine.

I attached three sreenshots.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Eichhorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 01:26:49 am »

Now I finally understand! Thanks, it works just fine!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up