INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.159 -- Available Here  (Read 3535 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.159 -- Available Here
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:18:25 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
[build pulled for subtitle problems]
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.159 (8/24/2011)

1. Fixed: Empty numeric searches were not working (only applies to 158).
2. Fixed: Regular expressions were not working (only applies to 158).
3. Fixed: Some math functions would not work properly in expressions (only applies to 158).
4. Changed: The mute state of a zone will not be cleared on startup if "Options > Startup > Optimize volume for best sound quality" is not checked.
5. Fixed: Naming two Theater View library items the same could cause problems.

16.0.158 (8/23/2011)

1. Fixed: The expression language could fail to parse some expressions properly due to changes in 16.0.157.
2. NEW: Added an optional flags parameter to the Regex(...) expression function.  Use the flag "1" to perform case sensitive matching.
3. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
4. Faster: Optimizations to core database search engine.  Long searches can be 10 or more times faster to execute.
5. Fixed: Panes weren't working properly with dates before 1900.
6. Changed: Audio stream selection for videos will preserve the default selection made by a splitter if the language of the selection matches the user's language selection in Media Center's options.
7. Changed: Minor tweak to how playback checks for file system permissions and ownership when starting playback.
8. NEW: DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer has two user channels that can be used to hold temporary data.  For example, you could combine Left and Right into User 1, equalize User 1, and then add the result to the Subwoofer.
9. NEW: Subtitles are fully supported when converting for Gizmo (sizing, position, and subtitle selection honor playback settings).

16.0.157 (8/22/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD playback could start with a black screen.
2. Fixed: Expressions using /# #/ to mark unescaped text could still have certain characters get escaped.
3. Changed: Renamed expression function RegexSearch(...) to Regex(...).
4. Changed: Regex(...) captures for the last run Regex(...) are accessible with variables [R1], [R2], up to [R9].
5. Changed: Regex(...) can be used to perform a test by setting the last parameter to 0 (the default) and it will return 0 or 1.
6. Changed: Regex(...) uses case insensitive regular expression matching.
7. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks to Dominique COMET).
8. Changed: Reduced how likely Play Doctor is to use the same file again when it's been used recently.
9. Fixed: The space bar and backspace key are routed to the search when using the search in Netflix, YouTube, or Hulu in Theater View.
10. Fixed: Pressing the space bar could cause two spaces to be output in Theater View > Gadgets > Search.
11. Fixed: Returning from Playing Now to a zoomed in file info panel in Theater View could show a remnant of a list.
12. Changed: Updated to LAV 0.33 filters with Red October (fixes a possible crash with PCM audio).
13. Changed: When pausing or unpausing playback, the system sleep and display timers are reset.
14. Changed: The screensaver is allowed while fullscreen playback is paused.
15. Faster: Improved performance of search engine when dealing with very long searches.

16.0.156 (8/19/2011)

1. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters 0.32.
2. NEW: The expression language supports putting strings (like regular expressions, etc.) in comment blocks like /#Text/# to remove the need to do escapement.
3. Fixed: On a multi-monitor system Options > Video > Display Settings could save a different setting than selected.
4. Fixed: Right-click 'Reset Selection' on an individual pane would not update the other panes properly.
5. Fixed: Trying to play a DRM protected WMV video with no rights could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: Using MC16.exe /MCC 22001,2 would not always work reliably.
7. Fixed: Scrolling down in a Theater View grid-style list would not always loop to the last row when pushing down.
8. Changed: Browsing back into a smartlist on Gizmo or a DLNA device will reevaluate the search (may depend on device caching).
9. Fixed: When drilling into a category thumbnail list, the scroll position of the new list could be strange.
10. Faster: Improved the layout performance of the core list / tree UI component used everywhere in the program.

16.0.155 (8/18/2011)

1. Changed: When a file type that's normally a video has its media type set to audio (normally because it doesn't contain a video stream), it will be played with the audio engine instead of playing as a video with no display.
2. Changed: LAV Audio decoder is used for WTV files when possible (may cause WTV playback to fail until the next build when LAV will be updated).
3. Fixed: Issuing an image playback command from the web service while audio was playing and images were already showing could cause the view mode to toggle.
4. NEW: Reworked how pane filtering works when 'Filter in both directions' is enabled so that each pane is filtered by all other panes and the order filters are applied does not matter (feedback welcome).
5. NEW: Added RegexSearch(...) expression function that allows using regular expressions to parse any value.
6. Fixed: Possible Red October video converter crash when seeking Gizmo / WebPlay (hopefully, please provide a log if problems persist).

16.0.154 (8/17/2011)

1. Fixed: Red October video conversion could show a distorted picture in some cases.
2. Changed: Updated to a custom build of ffdshow that better supports the Red October video encoder ( code change publicly documented here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120465&page=696 ).
3. Changed: Tuned quality of Red October video converter so that the output looks better on Android phones and tablets.
4. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Output Format resampling mode 'Only sources less than 44,100 Hz'.
5. Changed: DSP Studio > Output Format disables the resampling mode selection when doing AC3 output.
6. Fixed: The messaging in the right-click menu for screen grab being unavailable with madVR wasn't clear.
7. Changed: Chapters are disabled when playing a video that has a playback range (previously chapters could interfere with the playback range).
8. Changed: Renamed 'Store in file tags' to 'Save in file tags' on the library field dialog to make the naming more consistent with the field filter selections.
9. NEW: Subtitle shift and size can be set per file, and settings will be saved between plays and runs.
10. Changed: Mouse panning with click-n-drag and mouse zooming with the mouse wheel works with Ctrl or Shift pressed (previously each required one of the two keys, and the keys were different).
11. Changed: Reworked how the 3D drawing redraw mechanism works to hopefully fix an issue where timers could get starved and not run due to the drawing (feedback welcome).
12. NEW: The 'Virtual Subwoofer' effect sounds better (includes Subclarity, steeper roll-off, and better clip-prevention).

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 16.0.159 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:58:53 pm »

gizmo still gives the error 'video not found' when trying to play a ripped dvd (other video files work ok)

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »

hi
a lot of problem solved
still unable to open kung fu panda
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/redirects/MC/v16/redirect.pl?type=Wiki&prodname=Media%20Center&version=16.0.159&command=Playback_Problems
failed to open or parse file hr 0x80004005
ok on 16.0.128

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:43 pm »

Subtitles no longer show when enabled...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »

I have the same problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 06:07:15 pm »

Confirmed.  I think they work until you seek or resume from a bookmark.

The timestamping for playback and Gizmo (which just got subtitle support) have to be handled differently, and something obviously isn't right with playback now.

We'll get it fixed soon.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 06:12:00 pm »

Confirmed.  I think they work until you seek or resume from a bookmark.

The timestamping for playback and Gizmo (which just got subtitle support) have to be handled differently, and something obviously isn't right with playback now.

We'll get it fixed soon.

Great, thanks :)

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 03:19:59 am »

Video playback is totally broken with .159

WTV files - Failed to Connect Subtitle decoder to source / splitter
MKV files - Failed to connect audio render to audio decoder
Blu-Ray folder -  Failed to connect audio render to audio decoder

Trumpetguy

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 05:23:37 am »

Confirmed.  I think they work until you seek or resume from a bookmark.

We'll get it fixed soon.

Great - negative surprise there for me yesterday. Suddenly subtitles stopped working altogether in my .mkv bluray and dvd rips (both pgs and vobsubs). have not tried optical discs.

EDIT: "Great" as in "Great that you are aware of it and will be fixing it" not as in sarcastic "Great"  ;)

stewart_pk

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 06:31:14 am »

When playing a DVD folder VIDEO_TS or IFO file which is video type PAL I get the following message box error:

Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Failed to open or parse file (hr=0x800054005)

This was fine with version 16.0.149 although I was getting the "black screen" issue as outlined in another thread where I was getting sound but just a black screen. Going back and then resuming the play would fix this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 06:57:24 am »

Are you using 16.0.159 now?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 09:07:25 am »

Video playback is totally broken with .159

WTV files - Failed to Connect Subtitle decoder to source / splitter
MKV files - Failed to connect audio render to audio decoder
Blu-Ray folder -  Failed to connect audio render to audio decoder

I can't reproduce this.

Please try a reboot, ensure that audio plays, and test Red October Standard.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:17:07 am »

When playing a DVD folder VIDEO_TS or IFO file which is video type PAL I get the following message box error:

Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Failed to open or parse file (hr=0x800054005)

This was fine with version 16.0.149 although I was getting the "black screen" issue as outlined in another thread where I was getting sound but just a black screen. Going back and then resuming the play would fix this.

Please try Red October Standard.

Also, make sure Media Center can get to the physical files (permissions, etc.).

That error means the DVD navigator couldn't open the file.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up