INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rfi or emi interference. very loud noise [Solved]  (Read 2432 times)

mywhey

• Recent member
rfi or emi interference. very loud noise [Solved]
« on: September 06, 2011, 07:56:35 pm »

the sound transmits thru my tv speakers tv is a 4 year old samsung ln47a550 serial is off of memory and i have speakers disabled in my htpc and volume is set to 0 on tv. the sound does not come thru my atlantic technologies hi fi set up.

the sound is audible while computer boots up in bios screen and is presen until desktop initializes.

sound is also present when i try to watch cable tv. its so loud i cannot even watch tv!!!

the sound is also present when i didnt have a receiver to run all inputs and had hdmi connection to tv.

*what i think is the problem*

its my computer.

or its my tv speakers.....(ive thought of unscrewing tv panel and cutting wire to speakers so they dont receive power to transmit terrible noise but that is only bandaiding the problem. ive got an arterial wound here to deal with!

i didnt have any issues until i got the htpc. the guts of my system is as follows; are an asus p86xd board 560 ti gfx card with a lot of 12 v neon strobe lights in the acrylic case. the receiver is an onkyo 1008. episode power conditioner. xbox 360. oppo blu ray player. cisco explorer cable box. snap av b3 binary hdmi cables.

im astounded im having these results. i dont know who to even call to help me assist in getting it resolved. most of these companies charge you 60 service fee for just stepping inside your house.

please help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: rfi or emi interference. very loud noise cant determine root cause of it.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:00:00 pm »

MC can use several volumes.  Click on the small speaker icon in the upper left corner to change.

This may also help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

mywhey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:31:35 pm »

im using wasapi event style. mc is fine. once htpc is booted up its as if youd never know it was having these hiccups.

but during boot up it sounds like a warthog fighter jet is taking off from my basement.

really, the only solution ive found is too turn tv off and keep receiver off and then its fine. but if you turn tv and receiver on @ same time during bootup.....NOT GOOD

mywhey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

i posted question here not because i blame mc....but i have confidence that if i post this someone somewhere will read it and possibly with anyluck offer a solution

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:00:40 am »

If you think it's the computer itself, I would start replacing parts, just to test. 

You could try disabling system sounds.

Unplug the neon lights and anything else that isn't required.

Did you build it?

mywhey

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 11:46:34 am »

i fixed the problem. there was a short in my tv wires for speakers. i took tv speakers out of the circuitboard on the back of the tv and all is well again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up