INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.178 -- Available Here  (Read 3625 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Media Center 16.0.178 -- Available Here
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:43:04 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160178.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.178 (9/26/2011)

1. Changed: In digital television the generic Network Provider filter is tried before trying network specific Network Provider filter.  Should be internal change only but please report any problems you notice.
2. Fixed: VOB playback with no accompanying IFO was not working properly.
3. Fixed: VOB subtitle streams that were resized independently of the movie could appear in the wrong location.
4. Fixed: JRSS downmixing could have too high of an output level.

16.0.177 (9/16/2011)

1. Changed: Improved DVB-T channel scanning for UK and other European countries.
2. Fixed: The option "Keep only x episodes" of television subscription recordings did not work (no recordings were ever deleted).
3. Fixed: Random-type smartlists were not refreshing properly when browsing with DLNA.
4. Changed: Red October uses LAV CUVID 0.13.

16.0.176 (9/15/2011)

1. Fixed: When a file previously marked as bad was later imported, it would not have its name filled automatically.
2. Fixed: Having the auto-import option to 'Update for external changes' disabled could (still) lead to problems with files that were marked as bad.

16.0.175 (9/13/2011)

1. Changed: Red October uses LAV 0.35 filters.
2. Fixed: Zooming into the selected thumbnail would not work properly if the scroll position was at the top of the list.
3. Fixed: The Theater View file info panel option to hide empty values did not work properly for the rating field.
5. Changed: Auto-import works better with removed and bad files when the options to 'Update for external changes' and 'Fix broken links' are disabled.
6. Changed: Doing 'Update Library (from tags)' on a file in the bad database will move the file out of the bad location into the main database if it succeeds.
7. Fixed: Screen grabbing of videos wouldn't work properly for some types.
8. Changed: After tagging Media Center explicitly sets the last modified time of the tagged file instead of assuming the file system will do it automatically (because network file systems are sometimes slow to update automatically).

16.0.174 (9/12/2011)

1. Fixed: Files that got imported while they were in the process of downloading or copying could get stuck in the 'bad database' location.
2. Changed: Media Center is better at automatically selecting forced subtitle streams in videos.
3. Fixed: DLNA. A change made in 16.0.111 caused MC to return a slightly different URL in status calls than was originally provided by MC's DLNA server (when the same instance of MC was being used as the server and renderer). This caused undesirable behavior for some control points (i.e. PlugPlayer).
4. Changed: Red October nicely handles the case where video acceleration with DXVA or LAV CUVID is supported by the decoder but not the renderer (previously playback would fail in this case).
5. Changed: All files & folders are now copied from Blu-ray discs during a rip, rather than just the BDMV files.
6. Changed: If a Blu-ray reader isn't available on the system, an informative error message is now displayed when a rip is attempted.
7. Changed: Internal change on how television time-shifting player graph is created.
8. Changed: Some experimental code and additional logging for DVB-T television channel scanning.

16.0.173 (9/9/2011)

1. Fixed: MadVR wasn't always getting loaded in Red October mode.

16.0.172 (9/9/2011)

1. Changed: File locations dialog now has separate entries for "Other Video", "Ripped BD Video", and "Ripped DVD Video".
2. Fixed: Disc was not ejecting following a DVD or BD rip, even though option was selected.
3. Changed: In the rip action window, pressing the ENTER key after typing a name for a DVD/BD disc will commence the ripping process.
4. Changed: When ripping DVD/BD discs, if the rip destination folder already contains files, the user is prompted on whether it's ok to overwrite them prior to starting the rip.

16.0.171 (9/8/2011)

1. Fixed: DLNA. A change made in 16.0.111 caused MC to return a slightly different URL in status calls than was originally provided by MC's DLNA server (when the same instance of MC was being used as the server and renderer). This caused undesirable behavior for some control points (i.e. PlugPlayer).
2. NEW: Blu-ray disc ripping.  Same requirements as for disc playback: must have ANYDVD HD or other Blu-ray reader software installed.
3. Changed: Media subtype of "Movie" is automatically set on all DVD/BD rips.
4. Fixed: When DVD and BD discs were swapped in and out of the drive several times, a Media Center crash could occur.
5. Changed: Nicer view header info when viewing BD & DVD discs.
6. Changed: DVD/BD rips bring up "Get Movie Info" dialog after clicking the Rip button if no meta-data has been entered for the movie.
7. Changed: When the media insertion dialog pops up for a DVD/BD and "Rip" is chosen, the rip action window appears allowing the user to modify the movie name rather than having the rip start up immediately.

16.0.170 (9/2/2011)

1. Fixed: Some WMV videos (for example the Windows 7 sample video Wildlife.wmv) wouldn't play on Android.
2. Changed: Red October will use EVR as the default renderer when it is available on XP (instead of VMR 9).
3. Changed: Software deinterlacing is disabled when using EVR in favor of the hardware-based deinterlacing that EVR provides.
4. Changed: The choice to rip a dvd as well as play the dvd is now presented when a DVD disc is inserted in the drive.

16.0.169 (9/1/2011)

1. Fixed: Movies weren't showing up under genre categories for Netflix in Theater View (Netflix had changed their genres).
2. Fixed: Closing the Smartlist editor while a drop box was open showing its content could lead to a crash.
3. Fixed: Rotten Tomatoes JSON parsing could hang when it encountered escaped quotation marks.
4. Fixed: DVD bookmark loading wasn't working in some cases.
5. Fixed: List style customization could present the wrong choices when using tree navigation of library views.
6. Fixed: Netflix TV series not adding to instant queue when requested (still have to restart MC before seeing them in the queue).

16.0.168 (8/31/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD playback wasn't working properly on Android (still).

16.0.167 (8/31/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD playback wasn't working properly on Android.

16.0.166 (8/31/2011)

Internal testing build.

16.0.165 (8/30/2011)

1. Fixed: WVC-1 content could have an unknown video codec listed in the compression info field (use Update Library from Tags to update existing files).
2. Changed: Red October video converter uses LAV CUVID when possible.
3. Changed: Red October video converter (Gizmo, etc.) supports the Microsoft MPEG decoder.
4. NEW: Ripped DVD plays to Android devices.

16.0.164 (8/29/2011)

1. Changed: Added the ability to put a graphic under the option buttons in the player window in a Standard View skin (Playerbar\OptionButtonsBackground).
2. Changed: Added support for more view header skin colors so the header and body can use different color schemes (HeaderTextColor, HeaderHotTextColor, ActiveTabTextColor).
3. NEW: Bad / corrupt files get imported to a special database location so that the files won't get analyzed over and over with each import (smartlist ~d=b shows files).
4. Fixed: Showing the import dialog could crash in rare cases.

16.0.163 (8/26/2011)

1. Fixed: The 'Language' on screen display was not working for DVD playback.
2. Fixed: When starting DVD playback, a portion of the display could be cut off in some cases.
3. Changed: Red October Standard uses the Microsoft video decoder for WVC-1 content.
4. NEW: DSP Studio shows the source and internal audio formats on the bottom of the dialog.

16.0.162 (8/26/2011)

Internal testing build.

16.0.161 (8/25/2011)

1. Fixed: Possible memory over read from a corrupt or specially crafted registry setting.
2. Faster: Evaluating the same regex over and over in an expression is much faster.
4. NEW: Added Rotten Tomatoes as a possible data source to the Lookup Movie dialog.
5. NEW: Added string field 'Critic Rating' for storing rating information, like a Rotten Tomato score.
6. Changed: Tuned size of view category editing dialog.
7. Changed: Automatic media sub type guessing used in Theater View assumes WTV files are television.
8. Changed: Removed unneeded "(root)" label shown on location panes with no base path.
9. Changed: Removed the > symbols between drop-down pane items in the view header.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Re: Media Center 16.0.178 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:42:28 pm »

4. Fixed: JRSS downmixing could have too high of an output level.

Wonderful - thanks for looking into this! Will test the newest build once home from work :)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:42:57 am »

It seems I get no DVD play from my VISTA and Windows 7 on my phone through GIZMO. There's a warning after a couple of seconds and it stops searching for the file. The Windows 7 PC is a fresh install, but the VISTA is running for some time now.
It does play avi, however the strange thing is that from a folder with several avi files and srt files only the first file shows the subtitles.
In another folder with just one avi and srt file I get no subtitles on the movie.
In the version before this one I got DVD play, however my screen aspect ratio was wrong. (See pictures in 16.0.176 topic.)

Also when importing (video) files, the name tags are not imported from the xml file that I updated on the main PC when handling the movies. This is really anoying because it is part of my sorting method.

In the VIDEO_TS_ifo_JRSidecar.xml it reads <Field Name="Name">Breakfast at Tiffany's</Field>. When updating Library from tags I get: "Breakfast At Tiffany's". I reported this earlier, but now response yet. The major problem is that in files like e.g. <Field Name="Name">01. Pilot (Las Vegas)</Field> it will be imported as "01. Pilot". Which gives me a problem when saving the folder.jpg to the covera art folder because I get doubles that are overwritten by the last file with the same name. I'm not sure but it seems it has to do with the folder-name it is stored in.
Can someone please get back on this!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:24:31 am »

It seems I get no DVD play from my VISTA and Windows 7 on my phone through GIZMO.
Please try installing the Adobe Flash player on the phone.  It's required for video streaming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up