INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA question  (Read 1983 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA question
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:45:39 pm »

Hi,

I have MC17 serving to my PS3.  I have configured FOLDERS as outlined by Bob's post :

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58366.msg395315#msg395315

That works (thanks Bob).  I have some additional questions  :

1).  How can I have multiple folders configured?  I added a root folder from one of my drives (H:\TV), now I can navigate the tree (all sub-dirs under that folder).  I would like to add a second folder from a different drive (C:\kidsTV).  So I click the Tools - options - Media Network - Add or configure DLNA servers - customize views - go down to Video - folders, and finally, in the "Show Categories in this Order" dialog box, I add my second folder.  That actually does correctly show up when I go to my PS3, but when I select FOLDERS on the PS3, it shows "All Locations (H:\TV)" and then lists all the folders in H:\TV.  If I scroll down to the bottom, there is a new entry called UNASSIGNED.  If I open that up, the top of the list shows "C:\KidsTV" with all the sub-folders.  Is there any way to get rid of the UNASSIGNED and just have both root folders listed at the top ?

2).  If I have a list of TV episodes that I have named, the name in the video comes up by default.  I would rather the filename be displayed.  I can't seem to find an option to change the display to filename.  Is there one?  I named all my episodes with the number in the file name, but just the actual episode name in the tag.  So now they come up sorted by name, rather than by episode.  I have no idea which one to watch next.

3).  What is the best uPNP (DLNA) client for the iPad which works with MC17 ?

Thanks,
DD.

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: DLNA question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:46:39 am »

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA question
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 12:56:48 pm »

Hi,

I have MC17 serving to my PS3.  I have configured FOLDERS as outlined by Bob's post :

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58366.msg395315#msg395315

That works (thanks Bob).  I have some additional questions  :

1).  How can I have multiple folders configured?  I added a root folder from one of my drives (H:\TV), now I can navigate the tree (all sub-dirs under that folder).  I would like to add a second folder from a different drive (C:\kidsTV).  So I click the Tools - options - Media Network - Add or configure DLNA servers - customize views - go down to Video - folders, and finally, in the "Show Categories in this Order" dialog box, I add my second folder.  That actually does correctly show up when I go to my PS3, but when I select FOLDERS on the PS3, it shows "All Locations (H:\TV)" and then lists all the folders in H:\TV.  If I scroll down to the bottom, there is a new entry called UNASSIGNED.  If I open that up, the top of the list shows "C:\KidsTV" with all the sub-folders.  Is there any way to get rid of the UNASSIGNED and just have both root folders listed at the top ?

2).  If I have a list of TV episodes that I have named, the name in the video comes up by default.  I would rather the filename be displayed.  I can't seem to find an option to change the display to filename.  Is there one?  I named all my episodes with the number in the file name, but just the actual episode name in the tag.  So now they come up sorted by name, rather than by episode.  I have no idea which one to watch next.

Someone else is going to have to comment on the view question. I'm pretty lame on views.

3).  What is the best uPNP (DLNA) client for the iPad which works with MC17 ?

Thanks,
DD.

PlugPlayer works pretty well on my iTouch (gen 1). You can use it to play on the idevice as well as control MC as a fancy remote or to send content from MC to DLNA enabled renderers on your network.

If what you need is a remote (without local playback capability) there is one in development that's getting a lot of feedback on the forum called MyRiver, it requires iOS 4 though so I've not been able to try it.

You might want to browse through the threads concerning those two to see which may be the best bet for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up