INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Asked My Wife How She Feels About The Switch From SageTV  (Read 2812 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
I Asked My Wife How She Feels About The Switch From SageTV
« on: November 26, 2011, 08:38:10 am »

A few weeks ago we totally switched to MC for all media including TV recording. This was after using SageTV for a few years and using MC just for Audio.

I was concerned about WAF, and HAF too when I made the switch. After some initial difficulty getting TV going with our HDPVR the switch has been mostly a good experience for me. And it all keeps getting better with program improvements especially in the tagging area.

So last night as I was going to bed I decided to ask my wife how she feels about using MC exclusively. At the time she was setting up some TV movie recording in Theater View. Thought it might be a good time to ask, but I was a little nervous about the answer. She replied that she is very happy with MC, in fact is preferring it over Sage. Whew, that was a big relief! And a very pleasant surprise. We both agree that there are some kinks to work out, improvements to be made, and that we especially miss Comskip. I will soon be making a post on these issues.

My wife is not the least bit technical so things have to work well and easily for her to be happy. Otherwise she calls 'Tech Support' (guess who?). This still does happen occasionally but less frequently as time goes on.

The bottom line is that there is certainly no thought with either of us going back to SageTV. We know that MC is constantly improving and is well supported, as opposed to Sage which is basically dead.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I Asked My Wife How She Feels About The Switch From SageTV
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 08:47:23 am »

So last night as I was going to bed I decided to ask my wife how she feels about using MC exclusively. At the time she was setting up some TV movie recording in Theater View. Thought it might be a good time to ask, but I was a little nervous about the answer. She replied that she is very happy with MC, in fact is preferring it over Sage. Whew, that was a big relief!
Indeed it is!  Thanks for the nice report.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 08:54:45 am »

Very good to hear.

I'm honestly not that shocked.  My wife certainly prefers using Theater View to Sage's UI (which gets her lost and stuck occasionally).  The UI and navigational scheme is much more consistent and simple in MC.

But, since I haven't set it up yet, I worried about the Program Guide functionality.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 09:03:14 am »

I worried about the Program Guide functionality.

I should have mentioned that we only have one tuner. I imagine that things get quite a bit more complicated with multiples and have no idea how MC deals with that.

Our only real complaints with the Guide is that we miss a clock and colors in the grid representing different types of programming. Actually we miss having a clock in all menus but that's another topic.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 09:16:50 am »

I should have mentioned that we only have one tuner. I imagine that things get quite a bit more complicated with multiples and have no idea how MC deals with that.
MC will use both tuners.  You can record two programs at the same time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up