INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 279969 times)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #650 on: November 10, 2012, 03:54:15 am »

That will be possible when i add back the old search method. The old search is not categorised, but it does include artist and album name, so it is better for file searches.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #651 on: November 10, 2012, 06:54:35 am »

Lespaul, will that be in the short term?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #652 on: November 11, 2012, 02:46:52 pm »

Seriously, I dont think I have appreciated an app more...my use of it "off site" and off wifi has caused me to get a usage warning from AT&T (I'm on unlimited data and they throttle your use after 3Gb)!

I had to up the size of my data plan.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Christian_Rork

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #653 on: November 13, 2012, 01:31:27 pm »

Will Play Doctor/Car Radio Playlist be a feature in an upcoming release?

Thanks,
Erik

pcstockton

« Reply #654 on: November 13, 2012, 02:34:05 pm »

I think it is up to J River to expose the Play Doctor in a way that JRemote could call it up.

Matt chimed in once that he thought it would be a nice feature.  I took this to mean it either is impossible or not likely to happen.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #655 on: November 13, 2012, 03:53:25 pm »

I couldn't find a response to this elsewhere...

JRemote allows for streaming and playback directly on the Ipad now, correct? If so, will it playback all files types (specifically APE) or is it limited to particular file types?

pcstockton

« Reply #656 on: November 13, 2012, 05:48:26 pm »

Efjay,

MC will stream anything but I think the JRemote app asks MC to transcode to MP3.  Currently there are three options (64, 128 and 320 Kbps).

It sounds like an upcoming update will allow full res options.  Not sure what it will ask MC to stream.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

sunfire7

« Reply #657 on: November 14, 2012, 11:45:36 am »

LesPaul, thanks a lot for new version.

In the past version with mp3 streaming there was a cache mp3 stack created in MC for every streamed track with jremote, this is not a big deal but is a little annoying. When streaming uncompressed in the new version, stack files are created?? 
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

pcstockton

« Reply #658 on: November 14, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »

Yes.... is there a way to not have this cache be saved?  Also, are these files actually somewhere on my harddrive?  How to delete?

thanks!
Patrick

duskdrums

• Recent member
« Reply #659 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:15 pm »

Lespaul,

Thanks so much for a great product. It really is fantastic.

A couple of feature suggestions, for what they're worth (Sorry if these have already been suggested!)
1. Keyboard on iphone/ipad. When i'm in theater view if I want to do a search, say in the netflix area, I have to go to another app to get the iphone/ipad keyboard.

2. Switch audio streams on a video file. This may be something that MC has to do directly, but it would be awesome if there was a way in now playing to select among the various audio streams on a video file. For mkv movies, I have to use a mouse to right click and then select a stream if I want one that isn't default. The same for enabling and disabling captions.

Thanks!

knuta

• Recent member
« Reply #660 on: November 16, 2012, 05:07:34 pm »

Apple is really taking their sweet time getting this out. It's been almost ten days :-(

sunfire7

« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2012, 01:59:46 am »

It's out now!
Mac version early bird

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2012, 04:40:23 am »

Sorry about this, but I'm too tired to wade through 14 pages here to see if it's been asked and answered already....

Is jpg playback on the iPad supported? I cannot seem to get it to work.

Won't play mkv files. Fair enough, it offers info saying only mpeg-4 supported... Can't MC convert and serve like it should do for Gizmo?
Either way, When I point it at m4v or mp4 movie files (they're mpeg-4 aren't they?), they don't play, the playing now screen flashes up, and immediately returns to the file selection screen.

-marko

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2012, 05:20:58 am »

Hi Marko, i am not sure what you mean by jpg playback, are you talking about images?

I have not been able to get JRiver to transcode to a format that iOS will play, so at the moment only uncompressed mp4 files are supported.
Regarding your problem, iOS is quite picky about how the mp4 file is encoded. I personally use handbrake to encode video files to make sure they are compatible with apple gear.

duskdrums, your first suggestion is a good one, I will include a keyboard in the next release.
As for your second point, I`m pretty sure this is not possible from within JRemote.

Pstockton and sunfire7, JRiver will create duplicate files by default, quite annoying, but I have not found a way to disable this yet.
Of course, if you stream the files uncompressed, this won`t happen. But FLAC files, the most used format in MC i assume, must be transcoded.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2012, 05:50:47 am »

Hi Marko, i am not sure what you mean by jpg playback, are you talking about images?
Yes, photos. I can browse them in thumbnail mode, all the way to the file level, but then, long press>play does nothing. I was hoping to be able to play a slide show of images on the iPad?

-marko

csimon

« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2012, 06:32:56 am »

On browsing an album (with the album title at the top and a list of track underneaths), what causes it to display "Various, Multiple Albums" instead of "[Album Artist], [Album]"?

I have a compilation album (Eurovision Song Contest 2012, which has 2 CDs in it) and all the tracks have different artists, but I've set the Album Artist ("Eurovision Song Contest") and the Album ("2012 - Baku, Azerbaijan") the same for all of the 42 tracks so that it appears as one album.  The 2 CDs were ripped separately, obviously, but I've retagged the files so that they appear as one.

The tagging window in MC appears all correct - selecting all 42 tracks shows the Album Artist, Album Artist (auto) and Album all showing the same thing, but the Artist says "(varies)" - which is OK. The Album Type says "Multiple artists (complete)" which is also OK I think.  However JRemote is not displaying the Album Artist.  It displays "Various" instead, which refers to the individual Artists, and it displays "Multiple Albums":

Various, Multiple Albums
  1. Suus [Albania]
  2. Woki Mit Deim Popo [Austria]
etc

I expected:

Eurovision Song Contest, 2012 - Baku, Azerbaijan
  1. Suus [Albania]
  2. Woki Mit Deim Popo [Austria]
etc.

I also get cover art thumbnails to the left of each track whereas on a "normal" album the thumbnails don't appear as it's all the same album.

csimon

« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2012, 07:31:36 am »

Wow!  Now Playing on the iPad is MUCH improved!  Many thanks, looks really attractive, and easy-to-use transport control.

knuta

• Recent member
« Reply #667 on: November 17, 2012, 07:56:02 am »

It's really great now. The only small thing I hope comes is the ability to remove single items from playing now. I don't know if MC allows this, but it would make it as close to perfect as I would ever need I think :-)

Thanks Lespaul!

realmassy

• Recent member
« Reply #668 on: November 17, 2012, 08:40:11 am »

I am now starting on the next version, and there are a few things i need to include that will be a part of MC18.
There will also be editable meta tags and enhanced search functionality.
My first message on the forum, only to say this would be a killer feature!! As a classical music lover I love adding a lot of metadata (performers, style, instruments, year of composition etc etc) and doing this using the iPad interface would be lovely. It would be nice to have some kind of integration with IMSLP.org and display work information, similarly to what is there with last.fm

csimon

« Reply #669 on: November 17, 2012, 09:39:50 am »

1. Another eye candy idea: In Music, when selecting an Album which is an actual album and not a container or folder, J Remote goes onto a new screen which shows the album details at the top and then a list of all the tracks. I've thought it that instead of a new screen being displayed, the album artwork could "maximise" on the same screen, position itself in the centre of the display, then "revolve" as if flipping the album over to view its back cover, and then a list of tracks would be displayed - and this list of tracks then behaves in the same way as the original track listing screen wher you can scroll and select tracks. A swipe on the album would then "minimise" it again, effectively it's the "back" button to return to the album list. Perhaps this mode could be invoked by a swipe on the album rather than a tap - the tap could still go into the original track listing screen if people prefer to use that.

2. I have Thumbnails set as the default view mode, so that I am always viewing by cover art or folder icon etc. AS discussed above, when you reach a list of tracks in Music, the display automatically switches back to a textual list mode. This is fine for music, but not for images or video. For example, if I drill down into a video Genre folder, or any folder that results in more than one video file being displayed, the display still reverts to a textual listing as it would do for music, therefore I lose the nice display of movie cover art! I can manually swtich the view back to Thumbnails but it resets every time. For video and images only, could you ensure that the Thumbnail mode persists even when listing individual files?

3. The new iPad Now Playing display in Portrait mode is gorgeous! But there is no way of getting back to the Playlist without turning the device back to landscape.  Could you add a button in the portrait version of Now Playing to toggle between the Playlist and the Track details screen?  Or perhaps a simple swipe left or right to toggle the displays.  The transport controls top and bottom would remain but the centre portion of the display would toggle between artwork/track details and the Playlist management.

_noel_

• Recent member
« Reply #670 on: November 17, 2012, 09:52:53 am »

Hello to all

The ipad app is awesome !!! :) Thanks a lot to the developer  :)

Some questions:

- How can I display my PDF liner notes for an album ?

Found out how to (it's a little bit tricky, but it works)
1) In JRiver: Fill the "notes" tag of the music tracks with the same unique name as the notes tag of the PDF file (I use the PDF file name)
2) In the JRemote app: in the "details view" of the track (where you can switch between "metadata" and "Artist bio" select the "notes" tag
3) JRemote does a search of all items in JRiver DB which have this unique "notes" string (in my case the PDF file name) and displays all tracks and also the PDF file  :) :) :)

So you can easily jump from an album to the liner notes !

- Can I display more than one cover for an album, maybe switch to the back cover?
   (Flac files can have more than one image file embedded ...)

Regards
Eberhard

Richee

• World Citizen
« Reply #671 on: November 17, 2012, 11:58:08 am »

Is jpg playback on the iPad supported? I cannot seem to get it to work.

-marko

Marko is correct when trying to display images on "this device" zone. Images do
display on Media Center when using "Player" zone.

Looks like they are being treated like songs. When I open a folder named Album I get
another page with image icons. When I click on an image it opens another level with title
"Various, Multiple Albums/1track".

vagskal

« Reply #672 on: November 17, 2012, 12:19:41 pm »

Thanks for the new version!

Even when the cover art is huge it is shown in its original resolution and it is not possible to zoom out to see the whole cover art on the iPad screen (I have to hold the "pinch", otherwise the image reverts to its original resolution and I can see only a fraction of the cover art).

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #673 on: November 17, 2012, 12:44:03 pm »

Thanks! Looks good.

In playing now, when choosing metadata there's a view button next to each track. Can you make it so that it switches with the track during so it always shows the metadata for the playing track? We can then still switch to another track using the view button but at least it updates the metadata for the currently playing track.

If possible I would still like to see [Year] in an Album list (not in the cover view, but the 2 list modes) and be able to set a sort method on albums by name and/or year.

colo-colo

• Recent member
« Reply #674 on: November 18, 2012, 04:44:31 am »

Hi
new to this forum. I was wondering how I can show pdf files with the new version of JRemote. Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance
Enrique

slingshot

• Recent member
« Reply #675 on: November 18, 2012, 05:51:45 pm »

I am trying to use the JRemote, version 2.15 on my IPad 3 to operate the hard drive on the USB port of my Cisco Router EA4500. I don’t know how to do this or whether it can be done. I assume it can be connected. Both my computers which are directly connected to the router via Ethernet recognize the hard drive. If I can get this to work then, I think (hope) my problems discussed below go away.
Purchased this app a few weeks ago and it worked fine playing music from either computer. Only used it a few times. Since last week I have been having major problems just getting JRemote to work with the computers. I keep getting the message that it is not connected. So I deleted the computer (server) and reinstalled it. Worked for about a minute then stopped again, no connection. Reinstalled it again and I opened JRemote which then closed out in two seconds. Tried this four times with the same result. Reinstalled it again. Now I am seeing music on my other computer not on this computer.  Shows at the bottom left of the IPad that it is Player (zone 2) which is correct but none of the albums shown there are on this computer. Very frustrating using this software. No instructions on how to use it so I read every post on this thread.  Someone had a similar problem in that he had to reinstall the Access key every time to use it but not known if he resolved his problem. 

DtM

• Recent member
JRemote 2.15 crashes down on IOS 6.01 with last version of MC 17 (189)
« Reply #676 on: November 19, 2012, 12:52:56 am »

Hey, I'm a new bee in forum and posting, but using JRemote for a year. Great app like JRiver is a great programm.

Unfortunaly the newe version crashes down, if I choose "VIDEO" and try to start a film. To get back, I've to close MC17 on notebook, start JRemote on the ipad, choose server an after this I've the "Start screen from JRemote. If I only use music and playlists everything is fine, but crashes down if changing to videa AND choosing a film. Maybe important: The films starts on notebooks but a second later JRemote crashes down on iPad.

I think this must be a bug ... or any other ideas ?

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #677 on: November 19, 2012, 02:08:48 am »

Hello Lespaul,

first i want to say that the new version is really beautiful!
A very elegant interface combined with high speed - great.

I'm using your app mainly to rate my entire (big) library at the moment.
Therefore i'm interested to move my fingers around on my iPad as little as possible .

Your latest design of the Playing Now window is nearly perfect - except that my fingers have to travel too much :).
Therefore i have a few suggestions to improve the usability of your app.

• 1 move the position slider to where the volume slider is now
  • 2 move the volume slider to where the position slider is now
This won't hurt your design and would make navigation more logical and much easier (i like to listen to various positions in a song, before rating it).
So navigation and rating is in one convenient place.

I'm getting my new iPad mini soon.
The iPad mini will make it harder to hit some details on the screen.

Some little improvements could solve this problem by

• 3 widening the space between the navigation controls
  • 4 widening the space between the rating stars
  •    making the top and bottom area (where the controls live) a little bit higher
This would improve the usability on an iPad mini without using sandpaper to sharpen your fingers, as Steve Jobs once proposed :).

I hope this would not be too much work for the next release of your fine app.
Fred.

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #678 on: November 19, 2012, 09:20:11 am »

Hi Lespaul,

Very nice improvements!

Would it be possible to toggle or slide the list in Playing Now out of view so only the cover art section shows, centered?

Thanks

csimon

« Reply #679 on: November 19, 2012, 09:41:45 am »

I am trying to use the JRemote, version 2.15 on my IPad 3 to operate the hard drive on the USB port of my Cisco Router EA4500.

What do you mean by "operate"?

JRemote is a remote control for MC.  It operates a running instance of MC, it does not know anything about the hard drives that its media files are stored on.

If your media files in your MC library is stored on your router-connected drive (as a network share) then JRemote does not need to know anything about the hard drive. You are communicating with MC, and it's MC that reads the hard drive. This is transparent to JRemote.

I'm also confused by the description of your problem. It sounds like you are connecting to one PC but seeing the library of the other one. This could occur if one PC is connected to a remote library. Remember that MC is a client/server system  One copy can connect to another copy and they can see each other's libraries.  Go to the PC that you want to connect to and make sure it has been set up with a local library and that it is not connected to the library of the other PC (they appear under Playing Now zones).  If the albums shown on that PC are not on that PC, where exactly are they coming from?

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #680 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »

Yes.... is there a way to not have this cache be saved?  Also, are these files actually somewhere on my harddrive?  How to delete?

thanks!
Patrick

I disabled the cache folders in MC.

options > file locations > conversion cache - audio      Cache Location: none (do not create cache)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #681 on: November 19, 2012, 07:03:32 pm »

Great new version.

fred... I like your suggestions

Dave

pcstockton

« Reply #682 on: November 19, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »

options > file locations > conversion cache - audio      Cache Location: none (do not create cache)

Awesome!!! Many thanks!

pcstockton

« Reply #683 on: November 19, 2012, 07:25:52 pm »

Am I missing something??   I do not see how to edit or delete specific items from a playlist.  Has this function been added yet?

I only see the button that completely wipes the playlist,

Also, what are the two left most buttons at the top.  They only seem to add or remove the "." after the track numbers.

Nice shuffle feature!

Thanks LesPaul!
Patrick

slingshot

• Recent member
« Reply #684 on: November 19, 2012, 07:43:00 pm »

When I stated "operate" I meant to access it. How do I enter the info so that MC is from the HD on the network router. I tried to add "new library" under Play Now. It required an access code but I don't have one for the router so I entered the computer access key. Then below that I scrolled to the the library location but it stated I couldn't add a library.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #685 on: November 20, 2012, 01:05:01 am »

I think rating songs on iphone is broken?  I have a playlist with unrated songs. When I rate song #1 in Now Playing say to 5 stars, once it has finished playing, song #2 starts.  this song should be unrated, except it is also showing as having 5 stars. I override it and rate it 4, the song ends and song #3 starts and guess what? It is rated 4 stars already.

When I get back home and look at my Media Center on my PC, none of the ratings have been transferred to the PC!

It is the same issues whether listening via wifi on same network or streaming to iphone at work (ie not on same home wifi network as Media center on PC).

sunfire7

« Reply #686 on: November 20, 2012, 01:28:24 am »

Lespaul, I love the changes in the new version, GUI is perfect now.

Pstockton and sunfire7, JRiver will create duplicate files by default, quite annoying, but I have not found a way to disable this yet.
Of course, if you stream the files uncompressed, this won`t happen. But FLAC files, the most used format in MC i assume, must be transcoded.

To be clear, in the new version, when playing an mp3/aac/wav on "this device" it will stream uncompressed, without leaving a cache file, but flac files must be transcoded? Why not stream uncompressed as well?

Also, I already have an mp3 lame  -v2 stacked to my flacs, and when streaming it does a 320kbps version again and leaves the cache.  Why not streaming the already stacked mp3 -v2 version?

Thanks for all your hard work
Mac version early bird

pcstockton

« Reply #687 on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:19 am »

flac files must be transcoded? Why not stream uncompressed as well?

iOS does not support FLAC

fridden

• Recent member
« Reply #688 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:36 am »

Hi, I have just recently bought JRemote and I like it a lot.

I am primarily using it on my private iPad (iPad 2 with iOS 6.0.1)both at home and away from home. Haven't had any problems with it really.
However, now I am trying to connect to my MC on a second iPad (also iPad 2 and iOs 6.0.1) and every time I try to connect to the server it crashes.

So, I start it up and go to the Settings.
I press the "Add a new JRiver Media Center server"
I press the "Connect with access key"
Enter my access key and my username and password.
Finally pressing "Add and Connect"

JRemote will spin the wheel for a few seconds, and then close down.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
I have restarted the iPad.
I have removed JRemote and reinstalled it.
But still same thing..

On the same iPad, MyRiver is running without problems.

TIA
/Fridden

somedave

« Reply #689 on: November 20, 2012, 07:25:31 am »

I think rating songs on iphone is broken?  I have a playlist with unrated songs. When I rate song #1 in Now Playing say to 5 stars, once it has finished playing, song #2 starts.  this song should be unrated, except it is also showing as having 5 stars. I override it and rate it 4, the song ends and song #3 starts and guess what? It is rated 4 stars already.

When I get back home and look at my Media Center on my PC, none of the ratings have been transferred to the PC!

It is the same issues whether listening via wifi on same network or streaming to iphone at work (ie not on same home wifi network as Media center on PC).

Came here to post exactly this. Ratings worked great on the previous version (the reason I bought JRemote) but they appear broken now. I notice the exact same behavior as this poster on my iPhone.

csimon

« Reply #690 on: November 20, 2012, 07:51:19 am »

...be able to set a sort method on albums by name and/or year.

Is there any reason why you don't want to do this server-side by configuring your Gizmo views?

csimon

« Reply #691 on: November 20, 2012, 07:53:37 am »

Also, what are the two left most buttons at the top.  They only seem to add or remove the "." after the track numbers.

I think these toggle between showing the track numbers of the original file and their positions alphabetically?

csimon

« Reply #692 on: November 20, 2012, 07:57:36 am »

When I stated "operate" I meant to access it. How do I enter the info so that MC is from the HD on the network router. I tried to add "new library" under Play Now. It required an access code but I don't have one for the router so I entered the computer access key. Then below that I scrolled to the the library location but it stated I couldn't add a library.

You can't access an external disk nor a router as a media source from MC.  You can only access MC itself and its library.  If MC's library contains all the media files that on on your external disk then you are in effect accessing the disk.

Have you imported/ripped all the media files from the external disk into MC's library?

It would help if you go into MC and rename the server/library so that it's easy to see what you're connecting to. By default, it's just called "Player" or somethinglike that which is ambiguous when you see that word on different machines.  Go to the top of the Playing Now tree , right-click in the default entry, and rename it to be the name of that PC.  Tell us what you've called  it. Then do the same thing for any other PCs where you are running MC, then use those names when you're describing your problems so we now exactly which PCs' libraries you are seeing.

If you have two PCs, both running MC and both with Media Network switched on, both should automatically appear as Zones. In JRemote, both will appear as servers to connect to.  You might need to use the Access Key method to connect, if connecting via IP address doesn't work.

sunfire7

« Reply #693 on: November 20, 2012, 02:58:45 pm »

iOS does not support FLAC
I know that, but it I think stream uncompressed instead of encoded to mp3 is better or at least must be optional?  re-read my post please
Mac version early bird

RVanderlow

« Reply #694 on: November 21, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »

In the "Playing Now" screen this new version 2.15 seems to shuffle between two album cover pictures: 1 is the actual album cover pic (which is always the first to come up) and the other is a blank album cover pic with a musical key.  It does this for every song.  I tried "deleting cache" and that didn't help.  When it goes to shuffle between cover arts the progress bar and volume bar moves, usually to the beginning and the pause button will have a light blue circle around it (but the song doesn't pause), the bars then jump back to the most forward position.  It gives me the impression it might be polling or querying, but that's just a guess on my part. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

I do love the new look.   Thanks

locust

« Reply #695 on: November 22, 2012, 12:45:13 am »

Hi Lespaul

the position slider isn't working for me on the main screen, I have an Ipad 2. It just skips to the end. It dosen't even show the seeking times. The slider works fine in playing now though.

Thanks

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #696 on: November 22, 2012, 07:43:22 am »

the position slider isn't working for me on the main screen, I have an Ipad 2. It just skips to the end. It dosen't even show the seeking times. The slider works fine in playing now though.

I know, this is a bug, and is fixed for the next release.

Also, what are the two left most buttons at the top.  They only seem to add or remove the "." after the track numbers.

This will toggle between showing track number or playlist number. If you have a single album in the playlist you wont see any change. Try it with a longer list or a shuffled list and you will see the difference.

Also, I already have an mp3 lame  -v2 stacked to my flacs, and when streaming it does a 320kbps version again and leaves the cache.  Why not streaming the already stacked mp3 -v2 version?

Make sure that "Stream mp3, aac, m4a and wav files uncompressed" is checked in settings. If this is not selected, every file regardless of format will be transcoded.

Fred1, I appreciate your suggestions. The reason I placed the volume control at the bottom was because i assumed this was more used than the progress bar. What is the general opinion on this, should they switch location?

I am preparing a new version to be submitted later today, should fix all problems reported so far.

- Limited ability to zoom on large cover art
- Weird scrolling behavior in setting panels
- Progress bar on main screen not working
- Regular images (not cover art), when tapped, will now open the image viewer.
- Rating problems on iphone

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #697 on: November 22, 2012, 10:50:34 pm »

Great news on ratings on iphone being fixed - Thank You!

re Fred1's suggestions - moving the progress bar to the bottom is fine by me...more likely I'll want to change that setting than volume anyway.

Any news on when "car-friendly" controls could be implemented - I'm referring to the swipe full screen to advance or go back a track?

csimon

« Reply #698 on: November 23, 2012, 03:20:09 am »

The reason I placed the volume control at the bottom was because i assumed this was more used than the progress bar. What is the general opinion on this, should they switch location?

Yes, I think the volume control belongs at the top and the seek bar at the bottom with the transport controls.

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #699 on: November 23, 2012, 02:21:59 pm »

Is there a way to do the following: On JRiver, I sort by Album Artist but display Artist under my thumbnails. So, I have "Petty, Tom" as Album Artist so he appears in P, but have "Tom Petty", my Artist field (via thumbnail text) display. Is there a way to customize the view in JRemote? I've tried to change the view to show Artist but sort by Album Artist but that hasn't worked. It seems I can either sort correctly but it displays as Petty, Tom or sort by name which shows Tom Petty with the T's. Any help is appreciated.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up