INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.64 -- Available Here  (Read 11640 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.64 -- Available Here
« on: January 07, 2012, 06:53:16 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170064.exe

17.0.64 (1/6/2012)

1. Changed: Renaming a file or folder in the MC Explorer tree now runs a verification to make sure it wouldn't create any invalid (too long) filenames underneath and fails the rename if it would.
2. Fixed: Using the "Rename, Move, & Copy..." tool for a video file with an associated image file was failing.
3. Changed: When resampling audio, the resampler delay at the beginning (a small fraction of a second) is removed instead of outputting the silence.
4. Changed: When importing videos (or doing quick find cover art), sidecar Folder.jpg images will be used if no [Filename].jpg image is found.
5. Changed: Folder.jpg files stored one level above the VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders will be used if no other sidecar artwork is found.
6. Fixed: Setting file association for playlist files like m3u wasn't working.
7. Fixed: Handle the case of file in database being temporarily non-existent for serving via DLNA. Some renderers (i.e. WDTV) really don't like zero byte files being served (it prevented the WD from reading other files without a reboot).
8. NEW: Added 'Convolution' to DSP Studio (more here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.0 ).

17.0.63 (1/4/2012)

1. Changed: The default zone is named 'Player' instead of 'Here' (it's recommend that you rename zones to have a name that is meaningful to you).
2. Changed: DVD scanning speed (FF/REW) capped at 50x since the playback graph was flaky at higher speeds.
3. Fixed: Live digital television playback did not observe Custom Video Mode settings (filter selections).  This problem for analog television will be fixed later.
4. Fixed: Deleting a DVD movie did not delete an associated image file in the same directory.
5. NEW: Added new Netflix browsing category "Recently Watched".  This may require re-configuration under Tools/Options/Services.
6. Changed: WebGizmo tuning.

17.0.62 (1/3/2012)

1. Changed: Reverted the publisher in the uninstall to "JRiver" from "JRiver" because the change could cause problems when rolling back to an old build.
2. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Control/Key was not working in Theater View which made Gizmo Theater View remote mode not work.

17.0.61 (1/2/2012)

1. Fixed: Image playback (or other hardware accelerated views) could get into a state when an unexpected redraw was issued by Windows where presentation stalled the main thread and prevented timers from being serviced (so image playback could stall).
2. Fixed: Customization of Gizmo views in Options > Media Network was not working.
3. Fixed: WebGizmo thumbnails would not have text with some browsers.
4. Changed: When dealing with output signals with more than 8 channels, the program assumes the first 8 channels follow the conventional L,R,C,SW,RL,RR,SL,SR ordering for the first 8 channels so that Room Correction, Parametric Equalizer, etc. can be used on the first 8 channels.
5. Fixed: Netflix search box did not work right after exiting and re-entering the Netflix theater view.
6. Fixed: Sound was muted following a DVD seek operation (ff/rew).
7. Changed: A cancel button was added to the "Export all Playlists" wait message.
8. Fixed: Setting the bitstreaming option would fail in some cases (may require manually reenabling bitstreaming one time).
9. Fixed: Image playback was not handling lost Direct3d devices nicely, so locking the screen, etc. could break playback.
10. NEW: Added advanced option to Options > Video called "Aspect ratio mode" which allows setting a global default for video aspect ratio handling (choices: no change, stretch, crop, automatic).
11. Changed: Some tuning to the look and feel of WebGizmo.
12. Changed: Changed copyrights to 2012.

17.0.60 (12/23/2011)

1. NEW:  WebGizmo merges WebPlay and WebRemote and looks like Gizmo for Android (test by navigating to [Library Server URL]/Gizmo).
2. Changed: Revised the layout of library server webpage themes in [Install Path]\Data so that all are beneath [Install Path]\Data\Library Server.
3. SDK: Library Server's HTML engine supports else clauses in conditionals (see WebGizmo for an example).
4. SDK: Merged MCWS Browse/Image and File/GetImage image handling and parameters so sizing control, png, aspect ratio, etc. is available to both.
5. Fixed: Transcoding MP3's to burn a CD was failing in some cases because MC was under-estimating the final size of VBR mp3 files.
6. Changed: LAV video is now used to play JTV and Mpeg-2 content that used to use the Microsoft video decoder.
7. Fixed: Updated LAV video version to fix an issue with AAC in television.

17.0.59 (12/21/2011)

1. Fixed: Theater View message boxes (or pressing escape to show a message box) could crash in build 58.
2. Changed: Using Rename, Move, & Copy for a video file will also move sidecar edl, srt, smi, idx, sub.
3. Fixed: Renaming a video file would move a sidecar image but not update the image file field, causing the link to the image to be broken.
4. Fixed: Blu-ray titles weren't always showing up in the title menu.
5. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.43). Improved stability on WinXP, improved MKV performance, fixed problems with MPEG2/H264 broadcasts, AMV decoding, various other improvements.
6. Fixed: Per-file aspect ratio settings were not being preserved between plays.
7. Fixed: Sorting results by match quality wasn't always working well in the Get Movie & TV Info tool.
8. NEW: The file rename and move tool now works with JTV titles in the database.

17.0.58 (12/20/2011)

1. Fixed: In Rename/Move/Copy dialog, VIDEO_TS and BDMV sub-folders were getting doubled up.
2. Fixed: In Detached Display mode, some keyboard shortcuts would not work.
3. Fixed: Rare dead-lock when updating Podcasts.
4. Changed: Renamed the window class names of the playback display (only relevant if you're scripting the program).
5. Changed: Blu-ray title menu shown when "dvd menu" button on remote is pressed.

17.0.57 (12/19/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.80 (fixes issue with black bar cropping in Red October HQ).
2. Fixed: When first adding a folder in Configure Auto-Import, file type selections would not be saved properly.
3. Fixed: CD ripping would fail if meta-data had invalid filename characters embedded.
4. Fixed: Renaming a video with a sidecar image was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Full resolution thumbnail overlays, which are used when using large thumbnails, would flicker when used in album thumbnail views.
6. Changed: JRSS is now supported when doing 12, 16, 24, and 32 channel output (JRSS will populate 7.1 and the other channels will be silent).
7. Fixed: Changes to the bitstreaming mode in Options > Video were not sticking.
8. Fixed: Rename/Copy dialog was showing wrong case for file extension on destination DVD names.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 17.0.64 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:28:31 am »

gryphon_g

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 07:43:13 am »

When sorting on sequence under playlists, the sort is sequenced thus:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 100, 101, 111, 112, 12, 13, 130, etc.
Should not sort be in numerical sequence versus alphabetic for numbered fields?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:38:35 am »

When sorting on sequence under playlists, the sort is sequenced thus:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 100, 101, 111, 112, 12, 13, 130, etc.
Should not sort be in numerical sequence versus alphabetic for numbered fields?

We've heard reports of this but haven't been able to reproduce it.

Can you reproduce it even in a new playlist?

What happens if you delete the 'Cache' folder under your library folder and restart?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:28:53 am »

I've just reproduced the sort sequence issue using a large playlist.  First picture is sorting by sequence.  Issue is present.  Second picture is after MC stopped, Library\Cache deleted, MC restarting, and sorting by sequence again.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 12:23:54 pm »

Same issue for me as in build 62 (described here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68947.0).  'Skip file if already in library' isn't being honoured for the Acquire Images camera import.  Happy to do testing / logging if that can help?

bil1010105

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 12:55:15 pm »

When I check for updates in 17.0.62 it says I have the latest version.

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 01:02:36 pm »

Same with me had to download 17.0.64

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 11:34:51 am »

Same here 17.0.62 claims I am up to date.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 06:04:37 am »

Ditto

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 08:10:41 am »

Folder.jpg files stored one level above the VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders will be used if no other sidecar artwork is found.

WOOHOO!!!!

Darth B

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 09:14:59 pm »

Using Win 7 64 Bit.  Setup to automatically load MC 17 at start-up and go to Theater View.  It seems to get stuck in a black screen - nothing displayed.  Pressing Esc brings up Standard view.  Noticed it in .62.  Just loaded .64 and it is still happening.

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 09:47:48 pm »

I accidentally clicked on Report to Moderator.  Moderator please ignore. :)

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 11:19:13 pm »

Using Win 7 64 Bit.  Setup to automatically load MC 17 at start-up and go to Theater View.  It seems to get stuck in a black screen - nothing displayed.  Pressing Esc brings up Standard view.  Noticed it in .62.  Just loaded .64 and it is still happening.

X2

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 06:50:41 am »

This problem?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69040.msg464887#msg464887

Shay_mt

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 08:50:02 am »

That's because your update channels on "stable", change it to "latest"

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 10:39:52 am »

You are advising us to change it to "Latest" but I had mine set to
"Latest (may be less stable)", could that be the reason why my check for updates was incorrectly recognized?

Just kidding of course ;D

Speaking for myself it is a moot issue for the moment as I manually downloaded and installed 17.0.64. We shall see if the mysterious quirk will be present when the next beta update is released. I trust that this issue will then be history.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 12:17:48 pm »

I'm guessing Jim forgot to turn on a flag, since I think he added v.64 after hours.  Just a guess, of course.
pretend this is something funny

Darth B

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 08:09:22 pm »

This problem?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69040.msg464887#msg464887

Yep - it sounds the same.  I'll perform some of the same troubleshooting to see if everything reproduces.  However, I'm not using an ION.  I have an Athlon 5600.

Just completed a bunch of tests.  I will create a post in the ION thread noted above.  Sorry to hi-jack this thread a bit. 

statiker81

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »

Thx for constantly improving also the Videos / TV-Shows features !!!

I noticed that in Theater View in the menues (e.g. shows - genre - series) not in all cases the series cover art [series.jpg] is displayed for the series thumbnails instead of one of the single episode covers [filename.jpg]. This works beautifully for shows - series.

The function toggle list style in the Theater View does not in all cases work independently for different levels:
I have the following levels Shows - Genre - Series - Season and would like to have e.g. the list with thumbnails for all contained series on the genre level; large thumbnails for Series and Seasons and the list with single thumbails for the individual epsidoes on the lowest level.

statiker81

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 08:55:00 pm »

Thx for constantly improving also the Videos / TV-Shows features !!!

I noticed that in Theater View in the menues (e.g. shows - genre - series) not in all cases the series cover art [series.jpg] is displayed for the series thumbnails instead of one of the single episode covers [filename.jpg]. This works beautifully for shows - series.

The function toggle list style in the Theater View does not in all cases work independently for different levels - it would be great, if MediaCenter would store for every level the last selected list style:
I have the following levels Shows - Genre - Series - Season and would like to have e.g. the list with thumbnails for all contained series on the genre level; large thumbnails for Series and Seasons and the list with single thumbails for the individual epsidoes on the lowest level.

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile

Hi Team,
Nice work so far on MC17.  I've got 2-Quick Bugs to report:
1)  An "Album" Cover-Art sub-directory is now being appended to the Cover Art Directory that is specified in the options.  Is this a "bug" or new feature?  This is now messing up some of my custom albumcover scripts which are expecting the exact location that I specify in the options page.  This 'Album' subdir was not present in MC16.

2)  The sorting by "Seq." in playlists with over 99 tracks is messed up due to not taking into account the number of digits (see screenshot):

Thanks in advance for addressing these issues!
-JT

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 01:00:02 am »

I have the exact same problem with anime in theaterview. My anime are named by their episode number and once they reach 100 it's a real hell to find the episode you want o watch ...
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 10:35:23 am »

Just a minor thing (of which I'm sure some of you will wonder why on earth I bother about it): in the Restore dialogue box it's not possible anymore as of this version to check/uncheck and to hit the OK-button with the spacebar.
Why I bother: that makes it possible to restore without using the mouse.  ;D
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:44 pm »

Share to Web... menu item of the photo preview mode context menu does nothing.

wer

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 03:44:50 pm »

Mentioned this elsewhere but received no reply, so perhaps this is the appropriate place...

With the new version of MC17, every time I jump/ff/rew in a movie (vob or mpg on disk) the video playback will go to slow motion for a few seconds.  I press skip forward, the picture instantly moves to the appropriate time, and the video playback immediately resumes but at about 5fps for two or three seconds.  Audio playback is perfect during this period.  This happens in both the forward and backward directions.  It's very annoying.

Is this new behavior as designed, or is it a problem?  It happens with both RO-Std and RO-HQ.   MC16 on the same machine works perfectly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 03:07:19 pm »

Just a minor thing (of which I'm sure some of you will wonder why on earth I bother about it): in the Restore dialogue box it's not possible anymore as of this version to check/uncheck and to hit the OK-button with the spacebar.
Why I bother: that makes it possible to restore without using the mouse.  ;D

17.0.51 (12/9/2011)
Changed: Pressing the Spacebar no longer does the same thing as pressing the Enter key in dialogs, since Spacebar is often used for de-activating screensavers.

Please start a new thread if you want to talk more about it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 03:16:27 pm »

With the new version of MC17, every time I jump/ff/rew in a movie (vob or mpg on disk) the video playback will go to slow motion for a few seconds.  I press skip forward, the picture instantly moves to the appropriate time, and the video playback immediately resumes but at about 5fps for two or three seconds.  Audio playback is perfect during this period.  This happens in both the forward and backward directions.  It's very annoying.

Is this new behavior as designed, or is it a problem?  It happens with both RO-Std and RO-HQ.   MC16 on the same machine works perfectly.

Try reducing your audio buffering in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...

Please start a new thread to discuss it more if that doesn't solve it.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up