INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mymovies encrypted .xml support?  (Read 4120 times)

dheiskell

• Recent member
Mymovies encrypted .xml support?
« on: January 16, 2012, 06:39:56 pm »

Apparently the latest version of mymovies now encrypts the .xml file. I have been using mymovies to generate the xml and then import into media center 17.

Will media center 17 be able to use the new encrypted .xml files? Apparently this was done due to media browser using them, so I am curious if media center 17 will be allowed to decrypt and use them, or MUST i stay with the previous mymovies version?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mymovies encrypted .xml support?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:47:43 pm »

Could you ask them?

dheiskell

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:21:21 pm »

JimH i thought you might have a relationship with the mymovies developers? I am simply a user of both media center and mymovies! It sounds like i will have to come up with a new way to import metadata for jriver media center 17!

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 04:23:13 am »

Hi,

Reading through the post at http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=25102 I don't think we will see support for mymovies.xml outside of MyMovies. As Brian says, it was designed as an internal file for MyMovies and he requested that MediaBrowser and MetaBrowser create there own format 2 years ago. Seem's to use MyMovies you need to use the MCE interface.

I know this is not good news and one thing I am looking at would be to have an option within MC17 that will close MC17 and then start MCE so I can watch movies and another option in MCE that will fire up MC17 as I prefer MC17 for Music. Not ideal and very clumsy but only way I can see working till a permanent fix is available.

John

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 06:58:58 am »

What version of MyMovies are you using and how? I am on version 4.02 and it is working just fine for me with MC17.

I use the export of a XML file in Collection Management and then import that into MC17 as a Playlist. Auto Import in MC17 will not work with this of way of doing it, but you do get all that nice Metadata from MyMovies.

TLS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 07:00:12 am »

We're talkiing with Brian.  I think we'll have a solution.

NickF

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 07:03:56 am »

I know this is not good news and one thing I am looking at would be to have an option within MC17 that will close MC17 and then start MCE so I can watch movies and another option in MCE that will fire up MC17 as I prefer MC17 for Music. Not ideal and very clumsy but only way I can see working till a permanent fix is available.

Hi John,

I have been a user of MyMovies for several years and consider it to be an excellent product.  It has encouraged me to use MCE as GUI for Movies, using MyMovies external player app to select PowerDVD or TMT to play the movie.  Now that I have switched to MC as my player, and MC not supported by external player, I thought I would abandon MM.  However, justsomeguy produced a good solution to bridge the gap between MM and MC.  Have you seen this thread?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65984.0

Unfortunately, it has stopped working for me since I moved to Win 7 64 bit.  I am still hoping JSG will help to get it working.

In the meantime, I have had a play with TheaterView and re-skinned it and now find it pretty good.

I still much prefer the way MM works and the comprehensiveness of the on-line database.  It is very rare to find a movie not available.  It beats all of the scraping nonsense that is required by MC.

I have asked this before and agree with dheiskell, why don't JRiver and Brian Binnerup have a discussion and reach some business agreement on proper interworking between the products?  I am sure it could benefit both companies.

Edit: I was writing this while Jim posted above.  That's great news Jim.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 07:46:28 am »

I still much prefer the way MM works and the comprehensiveness of the on-line database.  It is very rare to find a movie not available.  It beats all of the scraping nonsense that is required by MC.

Hi Nick,

Would you mind elaborating on the things you think are better with MM as compared to the present system in MC17?

Thanks very much.

Rod

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 07:53:25 am »

Hi John,

I have been a user of MyMovies for several years and consider it to be an excellent product.  It has encouraged me to use MCE as GUI for Movies, using MyMovies external player app to select PowerDVD or TMT to play the movie.  Now that I have switched to MC as my player, and MC not supported by external player, I thought I would abandon MM.  However, justsomeguy produced a good solution to bridge the gap between MM and MC.  Have you seen this thread?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65984.0

Unfortunately, it has stopped working for me since I moved to Win 7 64 bit.  I am still hoping JSG will help to get it working.

In the meantime, I have had a play with TheaterView and re-skinned it and now find it pretty good.

I have asked this before and agree with dheiskell, why don't JRiver and Brian Binnerup have a discussion and reach some business agreement on proper interworking between the products?  I am sure it could benefit both companies.

Edit: I was writing this while Jim posted above.  That's great news Jim.

Nick.

Thanks NickF,

Like you I use MCE and TTM5 for my movies and store the ISO's on my WHS. It is great news that Jim is talking to Brian and I hope that they work something out.

John

NickF

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:13:12 am »

Would you mind elaborating on the things you think are better with MM as compared to the present system in MC17?
Hi Rod,

I may not be the best person to ask as I have not had that much experience of the MC17 database.  What I like about MM:
  • Auto detection of a DVD or Blu-Ray disc in the player and offer to include it in your library,
  • Very comprehensive on-line database and very simple import into the library
  • Moderated on-line database to ensure integrity and quality
  • Effective handling of boxed sets, series and seasons
  • Integration with imdb
  • simple presentation of each movie record for personal update/ amendment
  • Options to associate each record with hard disc based folder or file or offline disc
  • It just works!

I'm sure there is more and other MM users may want to add.

For me, there are two distinct subjects which need collaboration
  • The integration with the externalpayers.exe to enable MC17 to be used as the player for Movies and TV Series from the MyMovies GUI within MCE.  Justsomeguy produced a workaround for this but this needs to be properly engineered.
  • The integration between MC17 and the MM database.  I'm not talking about the export/import arrangement we have today.  I would like to see the MM library treated as an extension of the MC17 library, completely seamless with no user involvement other than to choose this as an option.  When I add a new movie into MM, it just appears in MC17.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 09:59:31 am »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your very thorough rundown of MM features.

When i used SageTV I used MM, in fact I think I bought their whole package. It did return very high quality metadata for movies. On the negative side it did feel a bit klugey and unintuitive in some ways. But I'm probably a major version or two behind and perhaps they have made many improvements since then.

I had heard that they were going to come out with TV support. Has that happened?

When I used it all movies had to be in separate folders. From your statement "Options to associate each record with hard disc based folder or file...." It sounds like separate folders may no longer be required. We record a lot of movies from TV in MC and they do not get into individual folders.

" I would like to see the MM library treated as an extension of the MC17 library, completely seamless with no user involvement other than to choose this as an option.  When I add a new movie into MM, it just appears in MC17."  I'm not sure I see the benefit of "Adding a new movie to MM...." Why would that be better than adding a new movie to MC and have it automatically add it to the MM database and show the MM metadata within MC? I'm a big fan of working with one program as much as possible. And that program for me is now MC.

Looks like full integration of MM with MC might be a plus for many people.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up